• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:33
CEST 18:33
KST 01:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War225.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8736 users

How would you Propose? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
ZiegFeld
Profile Joined April 2011
351 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 06:27:39
February 19 2012 06:23 GMT
#121
On February 01 2012 10:43 whatthefat wrote:
Was in Italy with my girlfriend over summer. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to propose on a gondola in Venice. She cried with happiness, accepted, then told me it was a stupid place to propose because how awkward would the rest of the tour have been had she said no. And that's why she's awesome, haha.
You should have replied "if you said no I would've just pushed you off," and proceed to laugh hysterically.

On a related note, my ideal proposal would be on a balcony, with her and a bottle of wine, enjoying the silence of each other's company. Then I'd casually ask "wanna get married?."
Duskbane
Profile Joined August 2010
United States178 Posts
February 19 2012 06:28 GMT
#122
I did it the most self-saving way and asked her what kind of engagement ring she wanted. She picked one out and I got it for her
PYLOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 06:34:17
February 19 2012 06:31 GMT
#123
I proposed to her in broken Korean. It was pretty lame because she couldn't even understand my Korean so I just said fuck it and told her in English.

She's still mad at me after our marriage because she said the proposal was retarded. I kind of agree it wasn't really romantic. I did it at a Korean BBQ joint and I didn't even have a ring. (I'm a broke bastard at the moment)

So now she's using my mom's old ring (my dad bought my mom a new one), but it's too big for her finger. My mom said I could go re-size the ring, but I'm just going to save up and buy her a nice wedding ring later on.

Maybe when I have some moolah I'll surprise her with a nice marriage anniversary party or something.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
ZiegFeld
Profile Joined April 2011
351 Posts
February 19 2012 06:35 GMT
#124
On February 19 2012 15:31 Silentness wrote:
I proposed to her in broken Korean. It was pretty lame because she couldn't even understand my Korean so I just said fuck it and told her in English.

She's still mad at me after our marriage because she said the proposal was retarded. I kind of agree it wasn't really romantic. I did it at a Korean BBQ joint and I didn't even have a ring. (I'm a broke bastard at the moment)

So now she's using my mom's old ring (my dad bought my mom a new one), but it's too big for her finger. My mom said I could go re-size the ring, but I'm just going to save up and buy her a nice wedding ring later on.

Maybe when I have some moolah I'll surprise her with a nice marriage anniversary party or something.
That's fucking sad man.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
February 19 2012 06:43 GMT
#125
On February 19 2012 15:35 ZiegFeld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 15:31 Silentness wrote:
I proposed to her in broken Korean. It was pretty lame because she couldn't even understand my Korean so I just said fuck it and told her in English.

She's still mad at me after our marriage because she said the proposal was retarded. I kind of agree it wasn't really romantic. I did it at a Korean BBQ joint and I didn't even have a ring. (I'm a broke bastard at the moment)

So now she's using my mom's old ring (my dad bought my mom a new one), but it's too big for her finger. My mom said I could go re-size the ring, but I'm just going to save up and buy her a nice wedding ring later on.

Maybe when I have some moolah I'll surprise her with a nice marriage anniversary party or something.
That's fucking sad man.


lol I'm definitely no Don Juan. She shed a couple tears and said yes. I mean I caught her off surprise and she had to catch her breath because it came out of nowhere. I agree though I'm an asshole.

On January 31 2012 20:01 Agnosthar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 18:46 Nalas wrote:
I would definitely be more traditional. I would also never do it in a public forum because, as someone mentioned before, I wouldn't want to add any extra pressure to the situation.

I mean check this guy out:


Oh my God, that guy has got to be scarred for life.

I don't understand the appeal or reasoning for guys to ask in public. Personally I'd do it in private, even if I knew the answer would be a yes.
Although everyone who's mentioning trails of petals etc etc, doesn't that just come across as really cheesy?



hahaha T-Mac is like... "I GOT NEXT"
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
BaconofWar
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States369 Posts
February 19 2012 06:55 GMT
#126
I'd buy a can of Bear Semen energy drink, drink the whole can, and put the ring in the can. This probably belongs in the high thread, but I'm actually not high/drunk
Well, C9 is the best right now
Zyos
Profile Joined December 2011
United States16 Posts
February 19 2012 06:55 GMT
#127
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


Totally agree with this. Marriage goes against nature.
Cyanocyst
Profile Joined October 2010
2222 Posts
February 19 2012 07:02 GMT
#128
Wait What? How did Geoff have such Baller timing, on that roller coaster for the picture to be taken right as to get her reaction?

Did he do recon earlier in the day and ride it a few times to get it down?
|| Fruit Dealer | Leenock | Yughio | Coca | Sniper | True | Solar | Dark |
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 19 2012 07:06 GMT
#129
Well, I go to Texas A&M, and if you know anything about my school, you know that we love our traditions. Well, one of those is the Century Tree. As the tradition goes, if you walk under it with your true love, you'll be with that person forever. (It also says if you walk under it alone, you'll be Forever Alone, but that's beside the point) So if I get engaged while I'm still in school, I'd probably take her on a walk on campus, make some joke about how we should go under the tree, have her sit down on the bench they have set up under the tree, and go from there.
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
February 19 2012 07:08 GMT
#130
On February 19 2012 16:02 Cyanocyst wrote:
Wait What? How did Geoff have such Baller timing, on that roller coaster for the picture to be taken right as to get her reaction?

Did he do recon earlier in the day and ride it a few times to get it down?


Lol, that wasn't the proposal. That was a picture taken after the fact
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
February 19 2012 07:08 GMT
#131
In a nice restaurant after a long time dating. Serious intro to the question, down on one knee, show the ring and ask.

Unless we end up having some special place to walk or something, don't think that'll change.
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
arterian
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1157 Posts
February 19 2012 07:10 GMT
#132
never though about it

probably on vacation or some other romantic setting
http://www.twitch.tv/arterian
Cyanocyst
Profile Joined October 2010
2222 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 07:14:01
February 19 2012 07:10 GMT
#133
On February 19 2012 16:08 Mr Showtime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 16:02 Cyanocyst wrote:
Wait What? How did Geoff have such Baller timing, on that roller coaster for the picture to be taken right as to get her reaction?

Did he do recon earlier in the day and ride it a few times to get it down?


Lol, that wasn't the proposal. That was a picture taken after the fact


Guess i was just giving him too much credit lol.

Edit: damn i should have known that too, ...Space Mountain is the darkest roller-coaster experience there is, there's no way she would have noticed him and the ring that fast.
|| Fruit Dealer | Leenock | Yughio | Coca | Sniper | True | Solar | Dark |
churbro
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
New Zealand55 Posts
February 19 2012 07:17 GMT
#134
I would do something really annoying that she knows I do heaps but also it's something that pisses her off. And somehow tie in a proposal, i think it would be really romantic considering i'm trusting that my most annoying features and habbits still attract her.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
February 19 2012 07:19 GMT
#135
On February 19 2012 16:10 Cyanocyst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 16:08 Mr Showtime wrote:
On February 19 2012 16:02 Cyanocyst wrote:
Wait What? How did Geoff have such Baller timing, on that roller coaster for the picture to be taken right as to get her reaction?

Did he do recon earlier in the day and ride it a few times to get it down?


Lol, that wasn't the proposal. That was a picture taken after the fact


Guess i was just giving him too much credit lol.

Edit: damn i should have known that too, ...Space Mountain is the darkest roller-coaster experience there is, there's no way she would have noticed him and the ring that fast.

There's also a high probability the ride's fast speed would whip the ring out of his hands as he was nervously fumbling to get it out and present it.
Hello
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 07:28:13
February 19 2012 07:24 GMT
#136
On January 31 2012 20:30 Abort Retry Fail wrote:
LIKE A BOSS!.

champagne. 5 star restaurant. diamonds.

She deserves nothing less.


Oh no you didn't.



Our boy from these very forums.

Anyway, do something else that no one else would do and like others have said. I wouldn't turn it into a scene with a lot of other people there (unless you are 99.9% certain of the answer and she's that kind of girl).
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 07:30:16
February 19 2012 07:28 GMT
#137
100% would be private; I could never imagine doing it in a public place.

I'd probably only propose if the hypothetical girl and I are planning on having children (or to save money on taxes). I'd kind of model it like a family friend my parents know--they were together for a long time (like 10 years), lived together for probably at least 5 years, etc etc, and he eventually just asked her to marry him at some really nice scenic place they liked to go to. They've subsequently had (2, maybe 3) children iirc.

scenic and simple for me.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
ulan-bat
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
China403 Posts
February 19 2012 07:33 GMT
#138
No real proposal for me. Just spoke about it, planned it and done it.
Not saying there was no emotion or passion, but there you go.

Anyway, getting married in China is just something you do. There Is No Alternative. Women really into soap opera tend to seek a real proposal though, the american way.
"Short games, shorts, summer weather, those things bring the heat!" - EG.iNcontroL
Megakenny
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada829 Posts
February 19 2012 07:42 GMT
#139
Depends on the girl. Something romantic that means something to her/us. Far too situational for me to decide now.
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
February 19 2012 07:50 GMT
#140
Hopefully I marry a nerd that appreciates Sc2. So in a dream scenario, I would propose to my wife at an MLG during a match. It would be Idra v MC and when Idra lost, instead of gging he would type "will you marry X" and I would fall to my knee and give her the ring.
"let your freak flag fly"
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28115
Calm 6378
Bisu 1978
Jaedong 1386
Larva 667
BeSt 492
Soma 440
Light 434
Stork 365
Snow 297
[ Show more ]
Rush 286
ZerO 235
Free 142
Barracks 132
Zeus 111
Mind 102
910 94
Killer 40
Trap 38
Hyun 35
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 23
Rock 22
Bale 21
sorry 18
Sexy 11
soO 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc10072
XaKoH 373
Counter-Strike
fl0m4220
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes556
Other Games
singsing2237
hiko955
B2W.Neo643
FrodaN583
mouzStarbuck263
Beastyqt262
DeMusliM185
Livibee177
Hui .167
RotterdaM137
Trikslyr90
C9.Mang081
QueenE75
KnowMe74
Mew2King47
BRAT_OK 34
ZerO(Twitch)21
edward20
MindelVK13
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2746
• TFBlade676
Other Games
• Shiphtur834
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 27m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.