• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:56
CEST 09:56
KST 16:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

How would you Propose? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
January 31 2012 22:58 GMT
#81
On February 01 2012 06:43 forsooth wrote:
Divorces can often result in men getting financially buttfucked for decades by the court system. At least in the States.


Please consider that marriage laws in the US are there for a very good reason... to provide security and protection for the woman. If not for these there are many losers out there who would not take it seriously and just marry, get what they want and divorce the next day.
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
January 31 2012 22:58 GMT
#82
As long as I live in the USA I don't see myself getting married, ever. If a divorce does happen you are just fucked for years, which is bullshit.
Soon as I am living in a better country with sane laws then sure, if I love someone enough then we would get married. I am not getting on one knee with a diamond ring that costs too much though.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
January 31 2012 23:03 GMT
#83
Mmm I'm not exactly super excited about it, and I'd rather not get married ($_$), but I'm sure I'd change my mind after a while. God knows I'll make a blog here the day it happens though...
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 23:07:59
January 31 2012 23:06 GMT
#84
Nowadays you have to be so wary of issues with a getting a divorce. I'd probably do my best to be romantic, but only after many, many... many years, to make sure. ^^

On February 01 2012 07:58 ElMeanYo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 06:43 forsooth wrote:
Divorces can often result in men getting financially buttfucked for decades by the court system. At least in the States.


Please consider that marriage laws in the US are there for a very good reason... to provide security and protection for the woman. If not for these there are many losers out there who would not take it seriously and just marry, get what they want and divorce the next day.

He didn't say he wanted no laws, he just doesn't want to be buttfucked. There's a difference between not protecting women at all, and giving them 99% of the man's wealth at the time, and all the money he'll ever make for the rest of his life. ^^
Blardy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States290 Posts
January 31 2012 23:12 GMT
#85
On February 01 2012 07:42 ElMeanYo wrote:
To all you nerds saying 'marriage is for women' and 'i'll never get married', I just have to chuckle. You just haven't met the right one yet. Once you do, it's a no-brainer. All other women become inconsequential and you can't imagine spending your life with anyone else. By the way, if you DONT feel this way about your woman, that is a big red flag.

I proposed to mine on a cruise ship, it was the best night of our lives. If you are ever going to put any effort into a single romantic night in your life, your marriage proposal is it. It is something that you will hear about from your wife long after you have forgotten the details (she won't, trust me), so make it fantastic.



I don't believe one needs to marry to be with someone for the rest of their life. If you're truly going to be together then you shouldn't have to worry about just "dating". The woman shouldn't mind unless she just wants a ring, a wedding and a last name.
Harbinger631
Profile Joined September 2010
United States376 Posts
January 31 2012 23:15 GMT
#86
I wrote a 5 stanza poem about our relationship that ended with a proposal. I took her to a nearby monastary that has a ton of property and a pretty large lake. On the last bridge with a bench in the middle we sat down and I started reading the poem. We were completely alone. On the last stanza, I got down on one ring and proposed! She loved it.

And for all the guys who think diamonds are too $$$, moisannite is a terrific option, and is what I got for my fiance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moissanite
Zealotdriver
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1557 Posts
January 31 2012 23:23 GMT
#87
On February 01 2012 07:57 NotSorry wrote:
My wife proposed to me, first time I told her no and made her wait another 6years before I finally said yes.

Another appropriate quote from NotSorry.

I would propose privately with a ring and one knee etc., but only if I was sure she'd say yes.
Turn off the radio
Dagobert
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Netherlands1858 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 23:29:24
January 31 2012 23:29 GMT
#88
On February 01 2012 04:29 Blasterion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 20:30 Abort Retry Fail wrote:
LIKE A BOSS!.

champagne. 5 star restaurant. diamonds.

She deserves nothing less.

You sir, have class money. and all men should have class money.


Fixed, though I do not necessarily agree. I hate champagne.
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
January 31 2012 23:32 GMT
#89
I would get down on one knee but...I took an arrow in it...


I would make it something casual. Kind of lean into the situation.

"So...when do you wanna get married?"
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 31 2012 23:34 GMT
#90
in private... with an expensive ring...
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 23:40:13
January 31 2012 23:36 GMT
#91
Gay nerd here who cannot maintain a relationship for more than a month. About 95 percent of guys prefer women, 90 percent of the gays at my school are not my type, 90 percent of the ones that do interest me, I am afraid to ask out...I am so fucked and that is just a relationship not to mention marriage.

But yeah, forget the expensive stuff, my philosophy on love should not be determined by money, but by your feelings. A restaurant sounds wonderful but forget the diamond ring, that just sounds...financially harmful...and if that is a good way to love someone....then wow.
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
January 31 2012 23:37 GMT
#92
Discuss the issue in private, slowing hnting at it and building up certainty so I could make a spectacle out of it with the foreknowledge that she'd say yes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
January 31 2012 23:38 GMT
#93
so tristan since in my opinion you are asking this because you ask TL this question because you are thinking about popping the question soon yourself, here is some advice good old mr. Shakur gave us (with some adaptations to make it more SFW)
A weak man does what he can,
A real man does what he wants.
Just do it.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 01 2012 00:01 GMT
#94
On February 01 2012 07:57 NotSorry wrote:
My wife proposed to me, first time I told her no and made her wait another 6years before I finally said yes.


NotSorry strikes again. Such a boss.
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
February 01 2012 00:40 GMT
#95
On February 01 2012 07:58 ElMeanYo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 06:43 forsooth wrote:
Divorces can often result in men getting financially buttfucked for decades by the court system. At least in the States.


Please consider that marriage laws in the US are there for a very good reason... to provide security and protection for the woman. If not for these there are many losers out there who would not take it seriously and just marry, get what they want and divorce the next day.


You talk like women don't do that.. Lol.

Despite the retarded laws in the US, I think i'll still marry. Dunno about all of this public stuff, i'd prefer private.. And, natural. Not forced. Just a preference of mine - nothing intricate. On the beach, moon out, 2 am, etc.
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
February 01 2012 00:51 GMT
#96
On February 01 2012 07:58 ElMeanYo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 06:43 forsooth wrote:
Divorces can often result in men getting financially buttfucked for decades by the court system. At least in the States.


Please consider that marriage laws in the US are there for a very good reason... to provide security and protection for the woman. If not for these there are many losers out there who would not take it seriously and just marry, get what they want and divorce the next day.

Did you know that in the US, it's the woman who files for divorce over 70% of the time? Regardless, I'm not in favor of a system that says "you made a choice that you later changed your mind about, time to leave your husband and make him pay half or more of his income and hand over a ton of his assets regardless of what he has to say about the matter". If something like spousal abuse, infidelity, or some kind of actual breaking of the vows taken at marriage takes place, I can understand alimony being involved. But this "growing apart" and "irreconcilable differences" shit is just silly. If she wants to leave, she can leave. That doesn't mean she's entitled to alimony or a house/car/whatever she had no part in paying for. I'm getting off topic, so I'll shut up now.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
February 01 2012 00:54 GMT
#97
I wouldn't. I'm definitely not the type of woman who fixates on the perfect wedding (or any wedding at all tbh.) I don't really see the point of marriage (for myself anyway.) I do think it's fun when people find interesting/creative ways to propose to their partners though.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
February 01 2012 01:02 GMT
#98
On January 31 2012 18:46 Nalas wrote:
I would definitely be more traditional. I would also never do it in a public forum because, as someone mentioned before, I wouldn't want to add any extra pressure to the situation.

I mean check this guy out:


AHAH i still remember it. funny times... sad doe.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
February 01 2012 01:06 GMT
#99
On January 31 2012 18:02 Arunu wrote:
proposed to my GF last June, we're getting married this June.
We've been together for 11 years now (i'm 32) and the time " felt right "

Sank to the knees while we were on a holiday trip to turkey.
Was on a pier at the beach after we had dinner in the evening.
There was no one around since it was late so the setting was quite nice.

she did not see it comming at all , neither did her parents when i went asking for her hand , old fashioned style.

Was a good day and i'm very much looking forward to it.


11 years? Nice! hope you have a happy life together :D
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
February 01 2012 01:06 GMT
#100
Hahahaha, is this how is actually happened or just a joking photo after the fact? I read that he did it outside after the fireworks
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1379
BeSt 305
Soulkey 204
Soma 188
sorry 122
Mind 71
Bale 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 616
Counter-Strike
edward214
Other Games
summit1g9039
Coldzera 698
WinterStarcraft670
C9.Mang0251
Sick216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick712
BasetradeTV188
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2200
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.