• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:24
CEST 22:24
KST 05:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9152 users

How would you Propose? - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
phodacbiet
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1740 Posts
February 01 2012 01:11 GMT
#101
Spell out "will you marry me? -my name" in gasoline on her lawn, light it on fire and ask her to come look at it?
Zedromas
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada112 Posts
February 01 2012 01:15 GMT
#102
I got a good one planned.
My girlfriend loves crossword puzzles and she's really good at them, so I'm gonna have the words "Will you marry me," spelled out within the puzzle. I already called the local newspaper and they were totally up for it at a cost of like 50$ or so. Now, how to insure she always does the sunday puzzle without making it seem like I want her to do the puzzle? Still working it out. Gonna have to get into a routine or something.
But she said she was 18!!!!
Dont-Panic
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany567 Posts
February 01 2012 01:41 GMT
#103
On February 01 2012 10:15 Zedromas wrote:
I got a good one planned.
My girlfriend loves crossword puzzles and she's really good at them, so I'm gonna have the words "Will you marry me," spelled out within the puzzle. I already called the local newspaper and they were totally up for it at a cost of like 50$ or so. Now, how to insure she always does the sunday puzzle without making it seem like I want her to do the puzzle? Still working it out. Gonna have to get into a routine or something.


Just start to do the puzzle, complete 2 or 3 questions and lay it on a table somewhere in sight as if you were done or frustrated. If she really loves crossword puzzles she won't be able to resist completing it.
(It also may be, that she just throws it in the trash :-D )
whatthefat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States918 Posts
February 01 2012 01:43 GMT
#104
Was in Italy with my girlfriend over summer. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to propose on a gondola in Venice. She cried with happiness, accepted, then told me it was a stupid place to propose because how awkward would the rest of the tour have been had she said no. And that's why she's awesome, haha.
SlayerS_BoxeR: "I always feel sorry towards Greg (Grack?) T_T"
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
February 01 2012 01:56 GMT
#105
On February 01 2012 10:06 Mr Showtime wrote:
Hahahaha, is this how is actually happened or just a joking photo after the fact? I read that he did it outside after the fireworks


Yeah they proposed outside or something then (the first 3 rows are anna's friends) they made a funny picture lol.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
February 01 2012 02:59 GMT
#106
On February 01 2012 07:52 ElMeanYo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 06:46 NEOtheONE wrote:
On January 31 2012 17:59 zalz wrote:
In private.

Wouldn't want to get a no or force someone to give a no in a public place. Also, I don't feel you need to have strangers be present at such a private moment.

So most likely I would take her out, then go home. Then I would have asked a friend to make my house cliché romantic whilst we were eating, and then ask her there.


This. Actually, I am proposing this upcoming weekend and rather than just utterly surprise my gf, we did a lot of talking about it. She wanted a more private and personal proposal, so I am taking her out to eat and then having some nice romantic time with her at her apartment, and then I will propose to her. I am super excited to be putting a ring on her hand because I already know she is going to say yes .


Congrats man, way to go... it sounds like you two will be very happy. And yes, a smart man will propose only after he is sure she is going to say yes

By the way, you will love being married... between the right two people it is a great gift. Don't fall for all the negative press these days about marriage... just put all your effort into it and she will make you a happy man.



Thank you for the kind words.
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
eohs
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States677 Posts
February 01 2012 03:02 GMT
#107


this was a good one..
WELCOME TO THE PARTY
Lyter
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2145 Posts
February 01 2012 03:03 GMT
#108
On February 01 2012 10:15 Zedromas wrote:
I got a good one planned.
My girlfriend loves crossword puzzles and she's really good at them, so I'm gonna have the words "Will you marry me," spelled out within the puzzle. I already called the local newspaper and they were totally up for it at a cost of like 50$ or so. Now, how to insure she always does the sunday puzzle without making it seem like I want her to do the puzzle? Still working it out. Gonna have to get into a routine or something.


Do most of the puzzle yourself, leaving just the ones that make out 'will you marry me' then just mention in passing at some point if she could finish it for you as you can't figure out the last few
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
February 01 2012 03:08 GMT
#109
On January 31 2012 17:49 Tristran wrote:
I thought I'd make this thread due to the recent big news regarding InControl who proposed at Disneyland. According to the latest picture on Reddit, he proposed on one of the rides itself. See link:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/425436_10100168996007638_19706356_43054602_1437928309_n.jpg

This got me thinking about how crazy some proposals are. I've heard many stories and seen all kinds of pictures/videos of weird and wonderful ways to propose. Personally I am very old fashioned in many of my lifestyles, as such my proposal would be a very Romantic evening out sort of thing. Maybe on a Holiday to somewhere scenic and beautiful.

So Ladies and Gentlemen of Team Liquid. How would you propose to your partner? Also if anyone has already proposed or been proposed to, share the stories!

Lastly, Congratulations to Geoff and Anna. I hope you have an amazing Wedding and Life together.


Hi OP. This reminds me of that guy would wanted to propose just before BUNGEE JUMPING. I mean, I'm not sure how that's going to help...but that's super scary
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
February 01 2012 03:17 GMT
#110
On January 31 2012 18:05 nayc wrote:
"yo hun, need to save up on tax, lets go get that done with."

that's how my parents did it
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
February 01 2012 03:21 GMT
#111
this one was dope
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
February 01 2012 03:21 GMT
#112
On February 01 2012 12:02 SeizeTheDay wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnVAE91E7kM

this was a good one..




Wow. Holy shit.

I honeslty can't decide if I would do something really outlandish/unique (like that), or simply in a really sweet (although not necessarily traditional) way.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
February 01 2012 03:28 GMT
#113
matter of factly of course.

"Hey, we should get married"

and that should be that.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
DR.Ham
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands621 Posts
February 01 2012 03:35 GMT
#114
On February 01 2012 06:43 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 21:30 DR.Ham wrote:
On January 31 2012 21:21 Blardy wrote:
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This, I don't ever plan on getting married as there's no real benefit to getting married. There's only negative effects.


What are the negative effects which don't count for a defacto relationship?

Divorces can often result in men getting financially buttfucked for decades by the court system. At least in the States.

That being said, I still would like to get married someday. It's just a decision I won't make quickly or carelessly. As for proposing, that's something I would only to in private. I'm not even a big fan of PDAs because I remember how uncomfortable they made me when I was still single and around some of my friends that were married. I'm not saying I act like an iceman around my girlfriend in public, but I don't get too cuddly/kissy either. An event as personal as a marriage proposal isn't something I'd want strangers to be privy to either.


The financial side is pretty intimidating, but at least here in Australia and the UK, you are considered in a defacto relationship if you live together or have any shared finances, which means you can get financially fucked anyway, so it's not such a big deal.

I don't like the PDA's either.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
February 01 2012 03:37 GMT
#115
On January 31 2012 18:46 Nalas wrote:
I would definitely be more traditional. I would also never do it in a public forum because, as someone mentioned before, I wouldn't want to add any extra pressure to the situation.

I mean check this guy out:

mascot is my favorite part of that. So clutch.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Dbars
Profile Joined July 2011
United States273 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-01 03:41:38
February 01 2012 03:41 GMT
#116
wait for the girl to ask me if i want to get married. I cant take rejection very well
Focuspants
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada780 Posts
February 01 2012 03:50 GMT
#117
For all those worried about doing it in public, or worried about rejection, you usually talk about getting married beforehand. You know whether or not you want to get married before you propose lol. If youre proposing, they shouldnt have to think, because its an important decision youve likely talked about before.

As for my story, I proposed to my gf of 6 years in May. Were getting married this June. The story is long and elaborate but the TL;DR is took her to Vegas with a couple who were best friends with. Nice evening on the town, saw Le Reve, got a buncha margaritas, hopped down the strip, landed at the Bellagio fountains at night. Went to a knee during the show. It made for a beautiful backdrop. Our friends took pictures which was somethign she wanted. While we were out, I had the hotel set the room up with champagne and rose pedals and the whole shibang. It was an amazing night!
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
February 01 2012 04:14 GMT
#118
On February 01 2012 12:21 Mvrio wrote:
this one was dope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaE2Mw6YuU

That was simple but so sick!
mAKiTO
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Colombia4177 Posts
February 19 2012 06:19 GMT
#119
so I dont know if I should start a new thread or not, but here it goes in this one anyways.

I need some ideas as the marriage proposal plan I had is not longer viable do to visa issues. I had planned a private sunset cruise @key west with live music and dinner and was planning to propose at that moment. Due to some visa problems key west is out of the option for now,

I still would like to propose soon as I will be traveling to the country where she lives, and I once used to live. but now Im kinda clueless of how to do it since my 1st plan is gone.

consider the following things:

I will be renting an apartment studio for the time of me being there.
She will leave her mothers house and stay with me at this apt while im there.
I will be in a city that has no beach and is far away from beaches.
The city is not a big metropolis city, medium size city I guess.
I do have some knowledge of local places but its somewhat limited.
city is known to be a party city. many nigh clubs bars etc
Money is not a huge deal, as I had plan to spend usd 2k or so, which in local currency can do a lot!

About her:

she is a simple laid back girl
she doesnt like really expensive fancy things , she is more into saving, and not wasting
she like romance, but she is not one of those hopeless romantic type of girls.
she doesnt like flowers and flower arraignments
likes chocolates
enjoys live music

those are some of the relevant things I can think of the top of my head. Also she will be working during morning time unil lunch so I do have some time to prepare surprises and stuff.

I just need some ideas or opinions on how to do a good romantic proposal :D any help is greatly appreciated since i cant really make up my mind and stop thinking on the key west thing




No quiero soñar mil veces las mismas cosas
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
February 19 2012 06:22 GMT
#120
On January 31 2012 18:02 Arunu wrote:
proposed to my GF last June, we're getting married this June.
We've been together for 11 years now (i'm 32) and the time " felt right "

Sank to the knees while we were on a holiday trip to turkey.
Was on a pier at the beach after we had dinner in the evening.
There was no one around since it was late so the setting was quite nice.

she did not see it comming at all , neither did her parents when i went asking for her hand , old fashioned style.

Was a good day and i'm very much looking forward to it.


That sounds beautiful.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O118
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason419
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 616
ZZZero.O 118
Zeus 63
soO 52
Hyun 45
Dota 2
qojqva2507
canceldota47
League of Legends
Doublelift1145
Counter-Strike
fl0m4903
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4345
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
summit1g4888
FrodaN1163
KnowMe314
ToD221
Pyrionflax211
Livibee166
420jenkins163
QueenE101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 80
• Hupsaiya 49
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1913
Other Games
• imaqtpie849
• Shiphtur650
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 36m
Patches Events
18h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 36m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.