• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:54
CEST 12:54
KST 19:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9558 users

How would you Propose? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
January 31 2012 20:38 GMT
#61
On February 01 2012 05:19 RockIronrod wrote:
I'd leave the ring inside a bread loaf and ask her to make me a sandwich. Both as a final test, and a warning that her life would forever be steeped in irony.
Yeah, this is how we're gonna start our lives as equals. Deal with it honey.


Thats FUCKING GOLD you sir win this.
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
January 31 2012 20:42 GMT
#62
I'll give her a nice text message

Seriously though, I've thought of the most rediculously elaborate ploys, but reading this thread has made me come to the conclusion that perhaps privately is the best bet.
RelZo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hungary397 Posts
January 31 2012 20:55 GMT
#63
Doing it privately and originally is the best way to go imho, if you find a girl who deserves it of course.
It's a moment you'll be talking about for the rest of your lives (if things go well), so why not make it perfect?
a choboling
rea1ity
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom385 Posts
January 31 2012 21:13 GMT
#64
New years eve... Eiffel tower, fireworks etc, all that jazz
그 스타 크래프트의 꿈, 그 꿈 생활
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 21:17:56
January 31 2012 21:17 GMT
#65
On February 01 2012 03:48 CatsnHats wrote:
Nicely done inConroL . How'd did he manage to pull that off though? The Space Mountain ride is pitch black throughout, except for the flash in the middle of the ride to snap the picture. I don't see how he could pull out the ring and have her notice it in time for the flash to go off, unless that was a picture from the beginning or end of the ride. Either way, that's an awesome way to propose.

As for me, I haven't thought about it. I'm only 21, so I have plenty of time to ponder how, I hope. It would probably involve a special place between the two of us though.


I'm guessing she doesn't realize it until they go to look at the picture afterwards... proposing on roller coaster rides like Space Mountain have been done before!
Pumplekin
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom50 Posts
January 31 2012 21:18 GMT
#66
In the warm sea after going for a little midnight swim, down on one knee in the sand. My (now) wife is a jeweller and had some very specific desires for her ring, so I already knew I didn't need to buy a ring (just a shopping list of materials), which is good as I'd never had done that if I'd had to take that out swimming with me.
Loves Cows
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
January 31 2012 21:20 GMT
#67
Those reactions in the photo are so epic. Thers a guy sleeping in the back!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
ThatGuy89
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1968 Posts
January 31 2012 21:24 GMT
#68
id never do it in public, like that guy at the basketball game
everyone feels sorry for him, but thats a massive amount of pressure put on her, im glad she had the balls to say no.
i wonder how many women say yes just becuase they were asked somewhere like that and didnt wanna say no
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
January 31 2012 21:31 GMT
#69
On February 01 2012 06:24 ThatGuy89 wrote:
id never do it in public, like that guy at the basketball game
everyone feels sorry for him, but thats a massive amount of pressure put on her, im glad she had the balls to say no.
i wonder how many women say yes just becuase they were asked somewhere like that and didnt wanna say no


that's what I was thinking.. and then 6 months down the road you get a divorce. Yay.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Antimage
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1293 Posts
January 31 2012 21:32 GMT
#70
I'll do it in a place we've never been before like in a vacation in Iceland or something or Paris on the top of the Eiffel tower - yes it'll be expensive. I think it's important to make a very special memory in a very difficult to access place to make it more unique to the two of you. But taht's just me.

Space mountain is awesome though, loved that ride when I was a kid XD
jazzyjazz
Profile Joined October 2010
941 Posts
January 31 2012 21:34 GMT
#71
On January 31 2012 18:05 nayc wrote:
"yo hun, need to save up on tax, lets go get that done with."


"come on, marry me! don't you want to have tax deductions from spousal RRSP contributions?"
Eat emmmmmmmmmm
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
January 31 2012 21:37 GMT
#72
I see your Portal proposal, and I raise you this classic:

I like things.
kanada
Profile Joined May 2007
Canada255 Posts
January 31 2012 21:42 GMT
#73
Mad gab, Trick her into asking me. MWUAHahah
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
January 31 2012 21:43 GMT
#74
On January 31 2012 21:30 DR.Ham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 21:21 Blardy wrote:
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This, I don't ever plan on getting married as there's no real benefit to getting married. There's only negative effects.


What are the negative effects which don't count for a defacto relationship?

Divorces can often result in men getting financially buttfucked for decades by the court system. At least in the States.

That being said, I still would like to get married someday. It's just a decision I won't make quickly or carelessly. As for proposing, that's something I would only to in private. I'm not even a big fan of PDAs because I remember how uncomfortable they made me when I was still single and around some of my friends that were married. I'm not saying I act like an iceman around my girlfriend in public, but I don't get too cuddly/kissy either. An event as personal as a marriage proposal isn't something I'd want strangers to be privy to either.
reDicE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1020 Posts
January 31 2012 21:45 GMT
#75
With a prenup in one hand and a pen in the other.
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 21:47:20
January 31 2012 21:46 GMT
#76
On January 31 2012 17:59 zalz wrote:
In private.

Wouldn't want to get a no or force someone to give a no in a public place. Also, I don't feel you need to have strangers be present at such a private moment.

So most likely I would take her out, then go home. Then I would have asked a friend to make my house cliché romantic whilst we were eating, and then ask her there.


This. Actually, I am proposing this upcoming weekend and rather than just utterly surprise my gf, we did a lot of talking about it. She wanted a more private and personal proposal, so I am taking her out to eat and then having some nice romantic time with her at her apartment, and then I will propose to her. I am super excited to be putting a ring on her hand because I already know she is going to say yes .
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
January 31 2012 21:47 GMT
#77
LOL @ guy on 2nd row
▲ ▲ ▲
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
January 31 2012 22:42 GMT
#78
To all you nerds saying 'marriage is for women' and 'i'll never get married', I just have to chuckle. You just haven't met the right one yet. Once you do, it's a no-brainer. All other women become inconsequential and you can't imagine spending your life with anyone else. By the way, if you DONT feel this way about your woman, that is a big red flag.

I proposed to mine on a cruise ship, it was the best night of our lives. If you are ever going to put any effort into a single romantic night in your life, your marriage proposal is it. It is something that you will hear about from your wife long after you have forgotten the details (she won't, trust me), so make it fantastic.
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
January 31 2012 22:52 GMT
#79
On February 01 2012 06:46 NEOtheONE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 17:59 zalz wrote:
In private.

Wouldn't want to get a no or force someone to give a no in a public place. Also, I don't feel you need to have strangers be present at such a private moment.

So most likely I would take her out, then go home. Then I would have asked a friend to make my house cliché romantic whilst we were eating, and then ask her there.


This. Actually, I am proposing this upcoming weekend and rather than just utterly surprise my gf, we did a lot of talking about it. She wanted a more private and personal proposal, so I am taking her out to eat and then having some nice romantic time with her at her apartment, and then I will propose to her. I am super excited to be putting a ring on her hand because I already know she is going to say yes .


Congrats man, way to go... it sounds like you two will be very happy. And yes, a smart man will propose only after he is sure she is going to say yes

By the way, you will love being married... between the right two people it is a great gift. Don't fall for all the negative press these days about marriage... just put all your effort into it and she will make you a happy man.

“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
January 31 2012 22:57 GMT
#80
My wife proposed to me, first time I told her no and made her wait another 6years before I finally said yes.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM553
IndyStarCraft 127
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 553
Lowko345
IndyStarCraft 127
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 5612
Stork 2037
Horang2 493
Jaedong 412
Soulkey 388
BeSt 293
Soma 272
Mini 271
Larva 250
Zeus 226
[ Show more ]
sorry 122
Last 100
Mind 98
ZerO 81
Pusan 73
Hyun 72
Sexy 44
Shinee 35
soO 26
scan(afreeca) 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Sacsri 11
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc3251
XcaliburYe227
XaKoH 103
canceldota46
Counter-Strike
byalli497
Other Games
gofns38149
singsing1987
Coldzera 690
Happy352
Pyrionflax231
B2W.Neo31
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 36
• StrangeGG 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV312
• lizZardDota2202
League of Legends
• Jankos3521
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 7m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.