• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7921 users

How would you Propose? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
RedJustice
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1004 Posts
January 31 2012 11:42 GMT
#21
Probably most women don't think like this, I don't know, but I abhor traditional romantic things. As in, it actually elicits very strong feelings of disgust. Not sure why. There's been a couple of moments in my life that I thought would have been perfect for a proposal. The common denominator for me was nature- something beautiful to look at I guess.

Standing on a roof in the snow looking out over the city. Lying on top of a car looking at the stars in the countryside. Watching a thunderstorm from the 21st floor through floor to ceiling windows. At the beach at 2 am with a full moon.

Anyway, none of that getting down on one knee crap for me. In my perfect world a proposal would be a long period of sitting and enjoying where we were in quiet, and then: "Let's get married." And I'd say "ok" and we'd go home and go to bed happy.
BlindSC2
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom435 Posts
January 31 2012 12:05 GMT
#22
On January 31 2012 20:42 RedJustice wrote:
Probably most women don't think like this, I don't know, but I abhor traditional romantic things. As in, it actually elicits very strong feelings of disgust. Not sure why. There's been a couple of moments in my life that I thought would have been perfect for a proposal. The common denominator for me was nature- something beautiful to look at I guess.

Standing on a roof in the snow looking out over the city. Lying on top of a car looking at the stars in the countryside. Watching a thunderstorm from the 21st floor through floor to ceiling windows. At the beach at 2 am with a full moon.

Anyway, none of that getting down on one knee crap for me. In my perfect world a proposal would be a long period of sitting and enjoying where we were in quiet, and then: "Let's get married." And I'd say "ok" and we'd go home and go to bed happy.


Yes, a thousand times yes.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools; because they have to say something - Plato
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10963 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-31 12:10:44
January 31 2012 12:07 GMT
#23
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This.
If she wants to, she asks and then it's ok (or not).


Thats actually how it "happened" to my father (and my mother ).
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
January 31 2012 12:11 GMT
#24
On January 31 2012 20:42 RedJustice wrote:
Probably most women don't think like this, I don't know, but I abhor traditional romantic things. As in, it actually elicits very strong feelings of disgust. Not sure why. There's been a couple of moments in my life that I thought would have been perfect for a proposal. The common denominator for me was nature- something beautiful to look at I guess.

Standing on a roof in the snow looking out over the city. Lying on top of a car looking at the stars in the countryside. Watching a thunderstorm from the 21st floor through floor to ceiling windows. At the beach at 2 am with a full moon.

Anyway, none of that getting down on one knee crap for me. In my perfect world a proposal would be a long period of sitting and enjoying where we were in quiet, and then: "Let's get married." And I'd say "ok" and we'd go home and go to bed happy.

I wish my girlfriend shared your opinion since that's exactly how my proposal was.

My girlfriend was very happy, she has still said we have to do it again in a more spectacular fashion
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
January 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#25
On January 31 2012 20:42 RedJustice wrote:
Probably most women don't think like this, I don't know, but I abhor traditional romantic things. As in, it actually elicits very strong feelings of disgust. Not sure why. There's been a couple of moments in my life that I thought would have been perfect for a proposal. The common denominator for me was nature- something beautiful to look at I guess.

Standing on a roof in the snow looking out over the city. Lying on top of a car looking at the stars in the countryside. Watching a thunderstorm from the 21st floor through floor to ceiling windows. At the beach at 2 am with a full moon.

Anyway, none of that getting down on one knee crap for me. In my perfect world a proposal would be a long period of sitting and enjoying where we were in quiet, and then: "Let's get married." And I'd say "ok" and we'd go home and go to bed happy.


That only works on nerdy gamer chicks.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Mentalizor
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1596 Posts
January 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#26
On January 31 2012 21:07 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This.
If she wants to, she asks and then it's ok (or not).


Are you kidding me? I guess you haven't found the right one then. I'd have no problem marrying my girl. Heck, I've even asked if she's expecting me to propose since we've been together for 6½years. She isn't expecting anything though.

However, I'll wait untill I'm sure I'll get a yes
(yಠ,ಠ)y - Y U NO ALL IN? - rtsAlaran: " I somehow sit inside the bus.Hot_Bit giving me a massage"
exog
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway279 Posts
January 31 2012 12:18 GMT
#27
I did it in a rowing boat on a lake in a park in Berlin

A very strong moment, i even felt an out-of body experience
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
January 31 2012 12:20 GMT
#28
I made a scavenger hunt for my wife; I knocked on the door, and when she opened it there was a chocolate egg with the first clue inside. Each clue led to another clue hidden along the banks of the Rhine (we lived in Bonn at the time) and was somehow related to an experience we'd had together, and the final clue led her to me, with suit and flowers, waiting to propose to her.

It went over very well. She actually just put the egg in the fridge initially, so it could have been a disaster, but then she went looking around the apartment building for me thinking I was hiding somewhere and found the second clue by sheer luck. She didn't find the first clue until we actually got back home after I proposed.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Blardy
Profile Joined January 2011
United States290 Posts
January 31 2012 12:21 GMT
#29
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This, I don't ever plan on getting married as there's no real benefit to getting married. There's only negative effects.
Bazzyrick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom361 Posts
January 31 2012 12:21 GMT
#30
On January 31 2012 18:46 Nalas wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I would definitely be more traditional. I would also never do it in a public forum because, as someone mentioned before, I wouldn't want to add any extra pressure to the situation.

I mean check this guy out:



Ouch... can't say I feel sorry for him though.
Proposing to a woman at a basketball game? With air horns going off? Bit stupid tbh.
Yea public is out of the question. Relationships are very personal, you both need to be alone for something like this imho.
I also wouldnt want any pressure on her and also, due to me wanting it in a place of natural beauty, you dont want background people noises. Just you, her, the ring and a beautiful setting.
You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it.
Nesquik
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom600 Posts
January 31 2012 12:24 GMT
#31
On my death bed. Let's see if she says yes now.
Oh IMMvp won agian but EGHuK getting Ro8 is a way bigger deal - Gootecks
DR.Ham
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands621 Posts
January 31 2012 12:30 GMT
#32
On January 31 2012 21:21 Blardy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This, I don't ever plan on getting married as there's no real benefit to getting married. There's only negative effects.


What are the negative effects which don't count for a defacto relationship?
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
January 31 2012 12:51 GMT
#33
My wife and I just discussed that it would be a good time to get married a few years ago. Makes much more sense than a proposal, where you push a life-changing decision into a spur of the moment thing as the other party has to immediately give an answer (because "i don't know yet" is almost as bad as a "no"). So at some point we just decided it was time.

Of course, before we told that to everyone else, I managed to surprise her by making my WoW character /kneel before hers, open a trade window and traded a ring with flavour text "Will you marry me?" to her (http://www.wowhead.com/item=7340).
Such flammable little insects!
CaM27
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium392 Posts
January 31 2012 18:07 GMT
#34
At Disney Land, on Space Mountain o.O
NoodleFish
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa198 Posts
January 31 2012 18:22 GMT
#35
On January 31 2012 21:51 Rannasha wrote:
My wife and I just discussed that it would be a good time to get married a few years ago. Makes much more sense than a proposal, where you push a life-changing decision into a spur of the moment thing as the other party has to immediately give an answer (because "i don't know yet" is almost as bad as a "no"). So at some point we just decided it was time.



I guess usually when you wanna propose, you should have discussed the possibility with your significant other. You want to at least know where you stand with the person. Just cos she/he knows you plan to marry them one day, doesn't mean she won't be surprised when or how you ask. I hope this thread fills up a bit more, I'm looking for ideas I really like the scavenger hunt one though
"He accidentally attacked his own nexus with a probe. Then half way through the game, poof! No more nexus. That's gotta suck!"
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
January 31 2012 18:26 GMT
#36
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


Only for women? How exactly does that work?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 31 2012 18:28 GMT
#37
Nice try girlfriend. You'll have to do better than that.
Moderator
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
January 31 2012 18:29 GMT
#38
On February 01 2012 03:28 Chill wrote:
Nice try girlfriend. You'll have to do better than that.


For some reason I see this as Chill responding to his girlfriend making the post, and I can't stop laughing hahahaha
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
RageBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel1530 Posts
January 31 2012 18:32 GMT
#39
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.

HardlyNever
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1258 Posts
January 31 2012 18:35 GMT
#40
I decided several years ago that I would want to propose at the fountain in front of the Pantheon in Rome, preferably at night. If you have been there at night, you might understand why.

It has additional meaning with the GF I am with now, but even if it isn't her, I think I'd still like to do it there. It is somewhat public, but you could do it fairly privately, as there are a lot of things going on there at once, you wouldn't necessarily be the center of attention.
Out there, the Kid learned to fend for himself. Learned to build. Learned to break.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister643
byalli626
ceh9554
shoxiejesuss522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g6442
Happy411
dupreeh258
Sick247
crisheroes165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1184
• Stunt424
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 15m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.