• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:34
CEST 18:34
KST 01:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War225.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8757 users

How would you Propose? - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
NGeX
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada72 Posts
February 19 2012 07:53 GMT
#141
On January 31 2012 21:21 Blardy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This, I don't ever plan on getting married as there's no real benefit to getting married. There's only negative effects.


I have no plans to ever marry. I had a gf for 2.5 years who begged me to marry her and have children nearly every week. I'm totally in love with her but the time wasnt right. A month ago she dumped me and I'm unsure if she was just tired of waiting or something else happened...idk. She made me promise to never leave her. Fuck marriage.
Nadeslos
NGeX
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada72 Posts
February 19 2012 07:57 GMT
#142
On February 19 2012 16:50 Mrvoodoochild1 wrote:
Hopefully I marry a nerd that appreciates Sc2. So in a dream scenario, I would propose to my wife at an MLG during a match. It would be Idra v MC and when Idra lost, instead of gging he would type "will you marry X" and I would fall to my knee and give her the ring.


Brilliant!
Nadeslos
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
February 19 2012 07:58 GMT
#143
On January 31 2012 18:02 Arunu wrote:
proposed to my GF last June, we're getting married this June.
We've been together for 11 years now (i'm 32) and the time " felt right "

Sank to the knees while we were on a holiday trip to turkey.
Was on a pier at the beach after we had dinner in the evening.
There was no one around since it was late so the setting was quite nice.

she did not see it comming at all , neither did her parents when i went asking for her hand , old fashioned style.

Was a good day and i'm very much looking forward to it.


This exactly.

Gj man, congrats.
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
February 19 2012 08:17 GMT
#144
to their father due to my nationaltiy not sweden :3

Gain respect, and then suprise her by something she likes lol
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
ZiegFeld
Profile Joined April 2011
351 Posts
February 19 2012 10:15 GMT
#145
On February 19 2012 15:43 Silentness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2012 15:35 ZiegFeld wrote:
On February 19 2012 15:31 Silentness wrote:
I proposed to her in broken Korean. It was pretty lame because she couldn't even understand my Korean so I just said fuck it and told her in English.

She's still mad at me after our marriage because she said the proposal was retarded. I kind of agree it wasn't really romantic. I did it at a Korean BBQ joint and I didn't even have a ring. (I'm a broke bastard at the moment)

So now she's using my mom's old ring (my dad bought my mom a new one), but it's too big for her finger. My mom said I could go re-size the ring, but I'm just going to save up and buy her a nice wedding ring later on.

Maybe when I have some moolah I'll surprise her with a nice marriage anniversary party or something.
That's fucking sad man.


lol I'm definitely no Don Juan. She shed a couple tears and said yes. I mean I caught her off surprise and she had to catch her breath because it came out of nowhere. I agree though I'm an asshole.

Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 20:01 Agnosthar wrote:
On January 31 2012 18:46 Nalas wrote:
I would definitely be more traditional. I would also never do it in a public forum because, as someone mentioned before, I wouldn't want to add any extra pressure to the situation.

I mean check this guy out:


Oh my God, that guy has got to be scarred for life.

I don't understand the appeal or reasoning for guys to ask in public. Personally I'd do it in private, even if I knew the answer would be a yes.
Although everyone who's mentioning trails of petals etc etc, doesn't that just come across as really cheesy?



hahaha T-Mac is like... "I GOT NEXT"
Haha your not an asshole, and I do think your genuine, but Korean bbq? Come on. There exists many better and FREE ways. (Korean BBQ is expensive yo)
MadNeSs
Profile Joined March 2007
Denmark1507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 11:31:18
February 19 2012 11:30 GMT
#146
I dont know how yet, but what I do know is that, when it's gonna happen, it not gonna be in a standard way for sure, that's the only thing I can say. It aint gonna be some put the ring in her glass of champagne stuff.
Agaz
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway11 Posts
February 19 2012 11:42 GMT
#147
i wouldnt propose, AINT GOT ANY LADIES BROHAN
ITS A RETARD MAGNET
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
February 19 2012 11:43 GMT
#148
While eating a meal
Hey, gal, u know what? What'd you think about getting married?

Munch-munch
flothere
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany55 Posts
February 19 2012 12:14 GMT
#149
So last spring my friend decided to propose to his longtime girlfriend (9 years). He called me and some other friends the day before and told us he would need everyone to participate. He made a 20 meters (70 feet) long banner that said in huge red letters "..., will you marry me". The plan was to get his girlfriend on top of the "bavaria", a huge statue, of which you can climb stairs inside to get on top where there is a small viewpoint inside the statues head. What you see is a huge empty space, where the Oktoberfest usually takes place. However there are always lots and lots of people around and when he got his girlfriend to get up the statue, we rolled out the banner and suddenly hundreds of people started shouting. She looked outside, saw the banner, turned around and there he was on one knee asking the question. She said yes, everyone was happy, we went celebrating, everything was great and then 2 month later she dumped him.
CrtBalorda
Profile Joined December 2011
Slovenia704 Posts
February 19 2012 12:31 GMT
#150
Evening like you said or just randomly in the middle of the day

Doesnt really matter in my eyes.
4th August 2012...Never forget.....
CrtBalorda
Profile Joined December 2011
Slovenia704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 12:36:10
February 19 2012 12:35 GMT
#151
On February 19 2012 15:23 ZiegFeld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 10:43 whatthefat wrote:
Was in Italy with my girlfriend over summer. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to propose on a gondola in Venice. She cried with happiness, accepted, then told me it was a stupid place to propose because how awkward would the rest of the tour have been had she said no. And that's why she's awesome, haha.
You should have replied "if you said no I would've just pushed you off," and proceed to laugh hysterically.

On a related note, my ideal proposal would be on a balcony, with her and a bottle of wine, enjoying the silence of each other's company. Then I'd casually ask "wanna get married?."


That sounds pretty awsome, maybe Id do it to.
4th August 2012...Never forget.....
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
February 19 2012 12:40 GMT
#152
On February 19 2012 16:53 Nadeslos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 21:21 Blardy wrote:
On January 31 2012 20:36 Lennon wrote:
I wouldn't. Marriage is for women.


This, I don't ever plan on getting married as there's no real benefit to getting married. There's only negative effects.


I have no plans to ever marry. I had a gf for 2.5 years who begged me to marry her and have children nearly every week. I'm totally in love with her but the time wasnt right. A month ago she dumped me and I'm unsure if she was just tired of waiting or something else happened...idk. She made me promise to never leave her. Fuck marriage.

Hmmm... I think it's definitely acceptable if someone doesn't "believe in marriage" and hence doesn't want to ever get married in their life, but it's gonna be hard as hell to find a woman who will share that.

Most people want to get married eventually, and in the case of women it's even less likely to find one that doesn't care about marriage.

Personally, I do want to get married at some point in my life, but I guess I will know when the time and the person is right. I do expect my marriage to last forever though. I'm used to a "traditional nuclear family", my parents rarely even fight (that I know of, maybe they're really private about it), and as far as I've known they've never thought about separating or divorcing, so I'd like my own marriage to follow on their example.
CaptainCharisma
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand808 Posts
February 19 2012 12:46 GMT
#153
On January 31 2012 20:42 RedJustice wrote:
Probably most women don't think like this, I don't know, but I abhor traditional romantic things. As in, it actually elicits very strong feelings of disgust. Not sure why. There's been a couple of moments in my life that I thought would have been perfect for a proposal. The common denominator for me was nature- something beautiful to look at I guess.

Standing on a roof in the snow looking out over the city. Lying on top of a car looking at the stars in the countryside. Watching a thunderstorm from the 21st floor through floor to ceiling windows. At the beach at 2 am with a full moon.

Anyway, none of that getting down on one knee crap for me. In my perfect world a proposal would be a long period of sitting and enjoying where we were in quiet, and then: "Let's get married." And I'd say "ok" and we'd go home and go to bed happy.



You say you abhor traditional romantic things, yet all the scenarios you list as positive places for a proposal are traditionally romantic things. Any natural place, alone, together; I think most people would find that romantic.
EG.DeMuslim --- EG.ThorZain --- TSL.Polt --- LGIMMvp --- Mill.fOrGG --- EG.Stephano --- EGiNcontroL --- EG.IdrA --- MarineKing.Prime --- SlayerS_MMA --- Liquid'Hero
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
February 19 2012 21:53 GMT
#154
i'd construct a thesis and write a 30 page paper arguing the benefits of marrying me.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 01:39:47
February 20 2012 01:38 GMT
#155
On February 19 2012 21:14 flothere wrote:
So last spring my friend decided to propose to his longtime girlfriend (9 years). He called me and some other friends the day before and told us he would need everyone to participate. He made a 20 meters (70 feet) long banner that said in huge red letters "..., will you marry me". The plan was to get his girlfriend on top of the "bavaria", a huge statue, of which you can climb stairs inside to get on top where there is a small viewpoint inside the statues head. What you see is a huge empty space, where the Oktoberfest usually takes place. However there are always lots and lots of people around and when he got his girlfriend to get up the statue, we rolled out the banner and suddenly hundreds of people started shouting. She looked outside, saw the banner, turned around and there he was on one knee asking the question. She said yes, everyone was happy, we went celebrating, everything was great and then 2 month later she dumped him.


Wow what the fuck... he went through all that trouble and she dumped him? I don't know your friend's relationship story, but got damn I hope she wasn't an asshole. No offense...

I've had my fair share of materialistic girlfriends. They fucking sucked. There's nothing worse than a woman that only has dollar signs in her eyes or unrealistic dreams.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
February 20 2012 01:48 GMT
#156
On February 20 2012 06:53 jodogohoo wrote:
i'd construct a thesis and write a 30 page paper arguing the benefits of marrying me.


I could only imagine being married to you.

Wife: Hey could you take the garbage out?

jodogohoo: Well heres a 40 page paper why i shouldn't take the garbage out

Wife: You only wrote 30 for our marriage

jodooghoo:......
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
February 20 2012 02:01 GMT
#157
On February 20 2012 06:53 jodogohoo wrote:
i'd construct a thesis and write a 30 page paper arguing the benefits of marrying me.

You should probably give her just the abstract.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-21 22:53:15
February 21 2012 22:50 GMT
#158
On February 20 2012 10:48 DreamChaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 06:53 jodogohoo wrote:
i'd construct a thesis and write a 30 page paper arguing the benefits of marrying me.


I could only imagine being married to you.

Wife: Hey could you take the garbage out?

jodogohoo: Well heres a 40 page paper why i shouldn't take the garbage out

Wife: You only wrote 30 for our marriage

jodooghoo:......

loooolololol xD

On February 20 2012 11:01 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 06:53 jodogohoo wrote:
i'd construct a thesis and write a 30 page paper arguing the benefits of marrying me.

You should probably give her just the abstract.

lol.

actuall guys. i tried to ask a girl out on the bus once. i was like, "hey if your possbily interested in a relationship, lets start a relationship." or something like that. and she was like.... "lolwut". then i was like, "trust me, the benefits will outweigh any costs you can think of" then she was like.... "lololololololololol" and yeah it didn't turn out very well for me. but that's because she can't appreciate my anaylsis... which wasn't actually supported by anything. but anywas... yeah.... /ramble
enigmaticcam
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States280 Posts
February 21 2012 23:18 GMT
#159
No one here should be thinking about proposing! We're all gamers, and the gamer generation is still adolescent and young! Right? ...Right guys?
Holy_AT
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria978 Posts
February 21 2012 23:26 GMT
#160
Proposing is a directive of the social programming most people are running in their heads.
They should wake up instead of blindly following their directives, there is no need for this.
People not understanding this are utterly stupid.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28115
Calm 6378
Bisu 1978
Jaedong 1386
Larva 667
BeSt 492
Soma 440
Light 434
Stork 365
Snow 297
[ Show more ]
Rush 286
ZerO 235
Free 142
Barracks 132
Zeus 111
Mind 102
910 94
Killer 40
Trap 38
Hyun 35
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 23
Rock 22
Bale 21
sorry 18
Sexy 11
soO 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc10072
XaKoH 373
Counter-Strike
fl0m4220
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes556
Other Games
singsing2237
hiko955
B2W.Neo643
FrodaN583
mouzStarbuck263
Beastyqt262
DeMusliM185
Livibee177
Hui .167
RotterdaM137
Trikslyr90
C9.Mang081
QueenE75
KnowMe74
Mew2King47
BRAT_OK 34
ZerO(Twitch)21
edward20
MindelVK13
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2746
• TFBlade676
Other Games
• Shiphtur834
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 26m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.