• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:52
CEST 01:52
KST 08:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7964 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 538

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 536 537 538 539 540 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 21:27:52
August 25 2014 21:26 GMT
#10741
I also forgot to mention the case that one of your platonic friends who has a partner is falling for you, besides you keeping the 3 facts in mind/communicating properly. So far I have gone well with just take a little distance for a while, as long as it is just a suspicion. If it is a serious cause (which I carefully define as "she straight up told me"), I first of all talk with them through the trouble a relationship can go, that they should consider that you always will find something in someone, your partner cant offer you etc., especially if a very long-lasted relatiosnhip is on the line - just like a real friend should (even though you have to consider that I never had this happen while I was single/interested). If he/she is still unhappy with the current relationship and you are interested in him/her, just wait about a month and make clear why. This served a few friends of mine well, one month isnt that long and you still can see each other during that time, but you avoid stuff like
- seeming like he/she cheated with you on his/her previous partner
- you actively stole her
- you becoming just fill-in and it ends in tears
- its a long enouhg time for him/her to reconsider his/her feelings towards you, but not long enough to let "real love" die out
- you also safe the partner that got left behind from some grief/suspiciouns which might be important to you, depending on your character.

just like you summarized, it mostly comes down to communication and while it seems annoying/little to consider this little rule(s) of thump, it can save you from a lot of drama, but is not guaranteed to do so. Life after all is still a bitch

EDIT: also awesome link for proper apologys. not necessary for me, but I know quite some people that could should use this.
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 21:57:39
August 25 2014 21:55 GMT
#10742
On August 26 2014 05:50 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 04:40 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:32 obesechicken13 wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
How do you manage platonic relationships with friends of the opposite gender after puberty? Do you think it's possible to have them outside the workplace?
Just treat them like a guy friend, right? Or do you just cut them all out completely?


It really depends on the person, I think. If you're an inherently flirty person and a social butterfly, your attempts at what you think is a platonic friendship may actually be perceived as hitting on someone. It also depends on what you do/ say and how you do/ say it.

It's easier for me to be platonic friends with colleagues, because we both can focus on our common work-related interests. It's also convenient for me that I'm in a relationship that I'd never give up, and my female friends know this and approve of my fiancee, so it's not really much of an issue anymore.

As an aside: How old are you and the girl with the five-year boyfriend?

I don't know if you understand how insulting this question is. Old enough.

I'm fine focusing on work with female colleagues. Most are far older than myself. But I usually don't see them outside of work either. What I'm asking is about platonic female friends outside of work.


My question wasn't intended to be insulting, and I'm sorry if you took offense. You mentioned graduation and I didn't know if you were talking about graduating high school or college... and then you talked about puberty. I think age and experience might matter when answering your questions, especially between a 16 year old and a 26 year old.

I don't think you have to completely cut female friends out of your life; just make sure not to hit on them or flirt with them if you don't want to be seen as romantically/ sexually interested in them. Just communicate effectively what your intentions are, and try not to give mixed signals. You can still have platonic conversations about personal lives or work or school or whatever

Fair enough. Thanks for the responses both of you. Communication seems to be the key.

An aside I'll make is that when apologizing, the offended party often doesn't take apologies worded like "I'm sorry if you" to be sincere as blame is put on the offended party. In addition the apology must specify exactly what it is you did wrong, even if it's obvious. Eg. "I'm sorry I asked how old you were like that. I realize it can be interpreted to be a jab at someone's maturity." This helps to show that you'll consider not committing the offense in the future. They're parts 2. and 5. here.
Coincidentally this could be relevant to others who need to apologize to S.Os.

I often find it hard to apologize to others, especially online, but I do try to remember these points when I do want to apologize sincerely.

These little details often bother me but maybe not everyone cares. And sometimes when people follow these guidelines to the dot I feel like I'm being handled.


I think telling me how to apologize properly is a bit of a derailment, especially since I wasn't actually apologizing (it was a formality and then an elaboration on why I asked it). You nailed it that I don't really think I committed any offense by asking you your age (a question quite common in this thread and other advice threads), because I think you misunderstood the intent of my question. And either way, I don't really care, nor do I wish to harp on the age or "how to apologize" issues any further (the latter of which, ironically, can appear quite patronizing). Asking for more information surrounding particular variables can be necessary when trying to give feedback. Anyways, let's move on

I hope the rest of the feedback you received on your problem does help you out; best of luck!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
August 25 2014 21:56 GMT
#10743
Obese, I feel like you're overreacting. If I had posted that I probably wouldn't have apologized at all, because it's nothing to get offended at. Additionally, the "I'm sorry if you"... apology is used when you're not sorry that you said it, but are sorry that the other person got offended. For example, if I say "Wow, you're bulking up, eh?" and you get offended, even though it was a compliment, then I'd give that apology. I'm not sorry I said it, I'm sorry you got offended.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
August 25 2014 22:45 GMT
#10744
Alright, I agree, let's just move on. There's not much to gain from mulling over the apology thing.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
August 25 2014 22:56 GMT
#10745
Odd question, but are anyone aware of where I could acquire this - or something similar?

http://www.engadget.com/gallery/ntt-docomos-taion-heart/#!slide=620789

I know it is cheesy, but Skype only goes so far and a small physical interaction of sorts is sorely missed by both of us.

Also, I'm 25 for anyone interested
EJK
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States1302 Posts
August 25 2014 23:54 GMT
#10746
Got number of a redbull girl at detroit but she had to work and I had no money to stay another day rip
Sc2 Terran Coach, top 16GM NA - interested in coaching? Message me on teamliquid!
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
August 26 2014 02:47 GMT
#10747
I think darkplasmaball should write an essay on how he is sorry for hurting our delicate little flower, how he can do better, and how he can prevent this nightmare of misunderstanding from ever happening again.
crippledx
Profile Joined April 2014
Singapore29 Posts
August 28 2014 15:58 GMT
#10748
got a girl's number in class today, but i have no idea how to initiate and keep a convo going with girls.

HELP ME GUYS!
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18459 Posts
August 28 2014 16:06 GMT
#10749
On August 29 2014 00:58 crippledx wrote:
got a girl's number in class today, but i have no idea how to initiate and keep a convo going with girls.

HELP ME GUYS!

How about: "Hi. I want to make sweet love to your ladyparts."

Or you could just try to act like she's a normal human being.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
August 28 2014 20:02 GMT
#10750
On August 29 2014 00:58 crippledx wrote:
got a girl's number in class today, but i have no idea how to initiate and keep a convo going with girls.

HELP ME GUYS!


Start with a "Hey what's up?" and a smile
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
DavoS
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States4605 Posts
August 28 2014 20:19 GMT
#10751
On August 29 2014 00:58 crippledx wrote:
got a girl's number in class today, but i have no idea how to initiate and keep a convo going with girls.

HELP ME GUYS!

Just talk to her. Be yourself. See if she's interested in any of the stuff you are or vice versa. If you can't be comfortable being yourself with her then it won't work anyway
"KDA is actually the most useless stat in the game" Aui_2000
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 29 2014 00:09 GMT
#10752
On August 29 2014 05:19 DavoS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 00:58 crippledx wrote:
got a girl's number in class today, but i have no idea how to initiate and keep a convo going with girls.

HELP ME GUYS!

Just talk to her. Be yourself. See if she's interested in any of the stuff you are or vice versa. If you can't be comfortable being yourself with her then it won't work anyway


Oh boy....
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
levelping
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore759 Posts
August 29 2014 00:51 GMT
#10753
On August 29 2014 00:58 crippledx wrote:
got a girl's number in class today, but i have no idea how to initiate and keep a convo going with girls.

HELP ME GUYS!


Good job! The fact that you got a number means she thinks you're minimally attractive, and she does not mind getting to know you better.

Knowing that, be confident! Ane be yourself, and you'll do fine.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8929 Posts
August 29 2014 01:34 GMT
#10754
be yourself is terrible advice, because his "himself" is someone who has no idea how to even talk to a girl
someone needs to write out a couple of conversation starters so he can bring them up when his mind goes blank
levelping
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore759 Posts
August 29 2014 02:26 GMT
#10755
On August 29 2014 10:34 evilfatsh1t wrote:
be yourself is terrible advice, because his "himself" is someone who has no idea how to even talk to a girl
someone needs to write out a couple of conversation starters so he can bring them up when his mind goes blank


I'd think it's fairly clear from the context that when I say be yourself I'm saying he should be sincere and not put up a front. Of course he should put in some effort into what to do during a potential date. Being yourself does not mean unprepared.
crippledx
Profile Joined April 2014
Singapore29 Posts
August 29 2014 02:37 GMT
#10756
so far i only asked about some tutorial stuff and there's nothjing much going on.

i dont usually start convo w hey whats up...cos i think it's kinda weird...........................so that'll be myself...
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 29 2014 03:32 GMT
#10757
Don't be yourself if you have confidence issues. The vast majority of the girls out there HATE guys with low self esteem hitting on them.

Instead be the BEST version of yourself.

Think about it this way, you are the main protagonist of the movie. You see an attractive girl, what would the most captivating version of yourself say? How would that version go into seducing her? And then work from there.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-29 04:43:39
August 29 2014 04:38 GMT
#10758
Finally finagled a way to get Tinder working on my computer. Come to realization I need more and better pictures of myself. Absolutely hate taking pictures of myself and just in general but it would help a ton probably lol.

Going through profiles is kinda a pain, 95% of pictures of girls are group pictures. Now I have to go through like 3-4 pictures on their profile just to figure out which one they actually are in the group before I decide.

Update: First match is a scammer asking for $125 an hour lmao.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-29 05:04:53
August 29 2014 05:01 GMT
#10759
On August 29 2014 09:09 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 05:19 DavoS wrote:
On August 29 2014 00:58 crippledx wrote:
got a girl's number in class today, but i have no idea how to initiate and keep a convo going with girls.

HELP ME GUYS!

Just talk to her. Be yourself. See if she's interested in any of the stuff you are or vice versa. If you can't be comfortable being yourself with her then it won't work anyway


Oh boy....


He's right though.

On August 29 2014 12:32 Xiphos wrote:
Don't be yourself if you have confidence issues. The vast majority of the girls out there HATE guys with low self esteem hitting on them.

Instead be the BEST version of yourself.


I don't think the people saying "Just be yourself" meant that you should totally come at the girl when you're at your worst. It means don't pretend to be something/ someone you're not.

And how the heck can you just *decide* to be the best version of yourself (and what does that even mean?), especially if you don't even have the confidence to be your normal, comfortable self?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
levelping
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore759 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-29 05:19:55
August 29 2014 05:16 GMT
#10760
On August 29 2014 11:37 crippledx wrote:
so far i only asked about some tutorial stuff and there's nothjing much going on.

i dont usually start convo w hey whats up...cos i think it's kinda weird...........................so that'll be myself...


If she is Singaporean too I'd strongly advise against being very aggressive. Like starting out with seduction in mind is most probably going to weird her out.

I've a fantastic suggestion for you though. If you know her sort of well, ask her out for the night festival this weekend. You could say that you're really interested in exhibit X but have no one to go with\would like to see it with her (depends on how comfortable you are).

Ask in person and not via phone. Make it a group outing if you're too shy. If it's a group, then make it a point to spend time with her specifically. Spend some effort dressing well (but be mindful it's gonna be pretty humid).

Seriously the night festival is a great dating opportunity.

P.s if you have access to a car, borrow it and pick her up/send her home.

O and please don't be late.
Prev 1 536 537 538 539 540 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings54
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE148
ProTech140
Nina 138
SpeCial 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13721
Artosis 580
PianO 30
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm169
canceldota124
League of Legends
Doublelift3643
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1646
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe110
Other Games
summit1g6771
shahzam588
Day[9].tv481
C9.Mang0411
Maynarde81
Trikslyr61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV159
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP31
• RyuSc2 27
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie995
• Shiphtur594
• Day9tv481
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 8m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.