• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:41
CEST 05:41
KST 12:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9857 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 536

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 534 535 536 537 538 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
August 24 2014 09:53 GMT
#10701
On August 24 2014 18:01 SixStrings wrote:
Wow, this thread has really taken a nose-dive.

Save us SixStrings!
<3
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
August 24 2014 10:06 GMT
#10702
On August 24 2014 17:28 SoSexy wrote:
Ok, so I went out with the two girls and friends. The night was at an amazing point, we were about to move to a quieter place and then out of nothing one of their mums comes to pick them up by car (they're 18 but no driving license yet).I drank a bit and this car was really near to the sidewalk, so I opened my arms to communicate something like 'don't come so close, do you know how to drive?'. Then I turned back and the girls were already in the car, Today one of them texted 'mum is super angry'.

S***


Why is the mother angry? Did you and the girls talk since?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
August 24 2014 10:35 GMT
#10703
On August 24 2014 18:48 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 18:17 Orcasgt24 wrote:
On August 24 2014 18:01 SixStrings wrote:
Wow, this thread has really taken a nose-dive.

It's actually impressive since I thought it nose dived to rock bottom over 100 pages ago :p


at this point it's burrowing underground

I enjoy being a mole too.

On August 24 2014 19:06 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 17:28 SoSexy wrote:
Ok, so I went out with the two girls and friends. The night was at an amazing point, we were about to move to a quieter place and then out of nothing one of their mums comes to pick them up by car (they're 18 but no driving license yet).I drank a bit and this car was really near to the sidewalk, so I opened my arms to communicate something like 'don't come so close, do you know how to drive?'. Then I turned back and the girls were already in the car, Today one of them texted 'mum is super angry'.

S***


Why is the mother angry? Did you and the girls talk since?

Drunk dude challenging mum's driving ability of all things, let's just say his favor is not held by mum.
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 24 2014 10:43 GMT
#10704
S*** GUYS.

I received a call from a number I don't know and I didn't reply as I always do. I then checked on google and 100% that number is the girl's mother. Oh crap. I rationally know that I'm safe, because the girl is 18+, we were just drinking at a bar etc, but this is making me feel tremendously uneasy.
Dating thread on TL LUL
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
August 24 2014 10:55 GMT
#10705
Talk to the mom and clarify things with her if you ever want to go out with those girls again.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 24 2014 10:57 GMT
#10706
On August 24 2014 19:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Talk to the mom and clarify things with her if you ever want to go out with those girls again.


Yeah I'm probably going to call back later but this just seems stupid to me. What does she want from me?
Dating thread on TL LUL
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-24 11:21:47
August 24 2014 11:20 GMT
#10707
On August 24 2014 19:57 SoSexy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 19:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Talk to the mom and clarify things with her if you ever want to go out with those girls again.


Yeah I'm probably going to call back later but this just seems stupid to me. What does she want from me?


I'm not her so I don't know I would recommend being extremely nice and even apologetic if she's clearly pissed at you for some reason (drunkenly waving at her to drive better, or whatever she assumes... after all, you're a stranger as far as she knows, and you just went out with her daughter with the intent of being intimate with her... parental alarm right there). Don't be aggressive or combative.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 24 2014 11:23 GMT
#10708
On August 24 2014 20:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 19:57 SoSexy wrote:
On August 24 2014 19:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Talk to the mom and clarify things with her if you ever want to go out with those girls again.


Yeah I'm probably going to call back later but this just seems stupid to me. What does she want from me?


I'm not her so I don't know I would recommend being extremely nice and even apologetic if she's clearly pissed at you for some reason (drunkenly waving at her to drive better, or whatever she assumes... after all, you're a stranger as far as she knows, and you just went out with her daughter with the intent of being intimate with her... parental alarm right there). Don't be aggressive or combative.


Good tip. I decided that I'm just gonna let the steam blow off so I won't call back for now, but is she calls me I'm gonna reply and be nice. I'll keep you updated.
Dating thread on TL LUL
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
August 24 2014 11:24 GMT
#10709
On August 24 2014 20:23 SoSexy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 20:20 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On August 24 2014 19:57 SoSexy wrote:
On August 24 2014 19:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Talk to the mom and clarify things with her if you ever want to go out with those girls again.


Yeah I'm probably going to call back later but this just seems stupid to me. What does she want from me?


I'm not her so I don't know I would recommend being extremely nice and even apologetic if she's clearly pissed at you for some reason (drunkenly waving at her to drive better, or whatever she assumes... after all, you're a stranger as far as she knows, and you just went out with her daughter with the intent of being intimate with her... parental alarm right there). Don't be aggressive or combative.


Good tip. I decided that I'm just gonna let the steam blow off so I won't call back for now, but is she calls me I'm gonna reply and be nice. I'll keep you updated.


Please do!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
August 24 2014 11:29 GMT
#10710
On August 24 2014 18:53 dravernor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 18:01 SixStrings wrote:
Wow, this thread has really taken a nose-dive.

Save us SixStrings!


Not much I can do at this point.

For me it's the same old story.
I meet a girl, I sleep with her, I fall in love with her, she doesn't want to 'get serious'.
I meet the next girl, I sleep with her, I have no further interest in pursuing and she wants a relationship.

To quote the great Costanza, whose real-life equivalent I have become:
'Why can't I act with the ones I like the same way I act with the ones I don't like?'
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
August 24 2014 12:01 GMT
#10711
I think if you got a call from her mom's number it was probably the girl using her mom's mobile phone for any reason. Don't freak out so easily, in fact talking with the mom is always better than not talking with the mom (unless you are weird and give weird feelings to people...)

By the way they should start doing iq tests to moderators, some garbage got in by accident and are giving unjustified bans in this thread to make themselves feel powerful and worthy. Pathetic.

User was temp banned for this post.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-24 12:57:48
August 24 2014 12:40 GMT
#10712
On August 24 2014 20:29 SixStrings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2014 18:53 dravernor wrote:
On August 24 2014 18:01 SixStrings wrote:
Wow, this thread has really taken a nose-dive.

Save us SixStrings!


Not much I can do at this point.

For me it's the same old story.
I meet a girl, I sleep with her, I fall in love with her, she doesn't want to 'get serious'.
I meet the next girl, I sleep with her, I have no further interest in pursuing and she wants a relationship.

To quote the great Costanza, whose real-life equivalent I have become:
'Why can't I act with the ones I like the same way I act with the ones I don't like?'


I suppose if you do it enough times, you'll eventually find a match! Do you actually get to know the girls on a personal (not just sexual) level too? I'd venture a guess that just having sex might not be enough to fully appreciate a future boyfriend or girlfriend.

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 24 2014 21:01 aTnClouD wrote:
By the way they should start doing iq tests to moderators, some garbage got in by accident and are giving unjustified bans in this thread to make themselves feel powerful and worthy. Pathetic.

User was temp banned for this post.


lmao why post this...
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 24 2014 12:48 GMT
#10713
Ok the mother called and I answered. Basically she was SUPER pissed off, she told me that yesterday night she would have loved to run me over with her car and that since I appeared I was only troubles (???). She then told me to disappear from the life of her daughter or she'll contact the police. This shit is crazy.

From what I gathered she believed that her daughter was the pure kind, but she actually told me that she did things with her previous bf so her mother is living inside an illusion. Well no girls are worth my freedom so I'll just drop the ball. I'm sorry for the girl because she was into me and I liked going out with her. Also the mother said 'you are 25 and she is 18, it's an abyss. She is a good girl while you're not.' Man...I would have loved to reply but I was just calm and collected. Thanks for the help DarkPlasmaBall.
Dating thread on TL LUL
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
August 24 2014 12:57 GMT
#10714
No problem! It definitely sounds like it's in your (and the girl's) best interest to stay away from that family, even if you did nothing wrong. Definitely too much drama too soon lol. It sounds like you handled it well Sucks for the girl though, to have a crazy mom.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
August 24 2014 13:05 GMT
#10715
Why would a mother be allowed to dictate her adult daughter's romantic life? The police should laugh away such things, right?
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46508 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-24 13:08:46
August 24 2014 13:08 GMT
#10716
On August 24 2014 22:05 Grumbels wrote:
Why would a mother be allowed to dictate her adult daughter's romantic life? The police should laugh away such things, right?


Probably, although the mother could accuse him of a bunch of shit that may take a while to process legally, and I doubt you'd want to deal with that level of drama this early into a relationship.

Plus, the daughter does seem to be living with the mother and even needing the mother for rides everywhere, so the mother's "My House, My Rules" might be a big enough deterrent for the girl to stop pursuing SS, even if the only issue is because of age or something. The girl is 18, but clearly not independent.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 24 2014 15:08 GMT
#10717
Yeah her mother is plain crazy. The sentence 'I would have loved to run you over' was enough of a red flag for me to immediately F10 + N
Dating thread on TL LUL
Calanthe
Profile Joined October 2012
United States148 Posts
August 24 2014 16:52 GMT
#10718
I think Italian culture is much more family-oriented than much of the West (correct me if I'm wrong!), so it may not be as weird for an Italian mother to be all up in her 18yos business, whereas in the US or the Netherlands, that would be hilarious and bizarre.
my heart's the bitter buffalo
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
August 24 2014 16:53 GMT
#10719
It's definitely normal for parents to be concerned like that in Asia, though the whole 'run you over' is still over the top no matter where you are. D:
Moderator
Baltor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States171 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-25 05:23:25
August 25 2014 05:18 GMT
#10720
Hey guys, I need some advice. I recently spent a night with a girl that I met at a club. The problem is, I'm definitely not in a good position to get into a relationship at the moment, and I made sure to talk with her about that so we were on the same page. She just got out of a long-term and emotionally abusive relationship, so she said that she isn't looking for anything serious either, but... some of the things that she says and does seem much more romantically-oriented, and kind of make me think otherwise.

I could be misinterpreting her intentions, but assuming I'm not, what's the best way for me to go forward with things? I really don't want to lead her on romantically, but at the same time I don't like the idea of cutting things off cold-turkey - like I mentioned, she's had some really bad luck with guys being assholes in the past, and I'm afraid that even if I cut things off delicately I'll still end up hurting her.
Prev 1 534 535 536 537 538 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings56
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 169
PiLiPiLi 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE146
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 693
Other Games
summit1g8273
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft466
C9.Mang0292
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
BasetradeTV165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1101
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.