• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:43
CEST 00:43
KST 07:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12708 users

Dating: How's your luck? - Page 533

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 531 532 533 534 535 1068 Next
We are extremely close to shutting down this thread for the same reasons the PUA thread was shut down. While some of the time this thread contains actual discussion with people asking help and people giving nice advice, it often gets derailed by rubbish that should not be here. The moderation team will be trying to steer this thread in a different direction from now on.

Posts of the following nature are banned:
1) ANYTHING regarding PUA. If your post contains the words 'alpha' or 'beta' or anything of that sort please don't hit post.
2) Stupid brags. You can tell us about your nice success stories with someone, but posts such as 'lol 50 Tinder matches' are a no-no.
3) Any misogynistic bullshit, including discussion about rape culture.
4) One night stands and random sex. These are basically brags that invariably devolve into gender role discussions and misogynistic comments.

Last chance, guys. This thread is for dating advice and sharing dating stories. While gender roles, sociocultural norms, and our biological imperative to reproduce are all tangentially related, these subjects are not the main purpose of the thread. Please AVOID these discussions. If you want to discuss them at length, go to PMs or start a blog. If you disagree with someone's ideologies, state that you disagree with them and why they won't work from a dating standpoint and move on. We will not tolerate any lengthy derailments that aren't directly about dating.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-19 07:07:31
August 19 2014 07:04 GMT
#10641
On August 19 2014 15:59 Danglars wrote:
Not really a fruitful ground for pursuing, I'd find somebody else/keep looking.

Show nested quote +
She is currently living with him at his parents house out of need, not out of want.
Shitty living situation isn't a point towards making big moves. I'd wager its convenience, not need.

Show nested quote +
She's wearing almost nothing.
Possibly relishing in your attention/attention of others. It goes both ways, some girls never feeling "sexy" without it, but still far and beyond attached to current BF, others broadcasting a certain availability.

It may be worth one or two more invitations to ascertain if she's over this bf, but beyond that nahhh.


Her parents got divorced and sold the house. She needed somewhere to live before she gets a place of her own. She'd rather not live with him at his parents, and he feels the same way. But they've done it before so you're right probably out of convenience.

She isn't the type to need to feel needy imo, but what do I know really. Like I said I've seen her outside of work before and she's never even come close to looking sexy, this was just out of no where. She's always calm, friendly and totally not an attention grabber that you'd recognize. I probably checked her out like twice the entire time because I was trying to act semi-respectful since she's a good friend and is taken. It wasn't like she was like constantly bending over and shit trying to give me views at all or constantly in super close contact me with.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
August 19 2014 08:47 GMT
#10642
Women wearing revealing stuff is by no means an automated sign to pursue her. Some humans just want to feel pretty or just don't care enough what others think.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24387 Posts
August 19 2014 09:00 GMT
#10643
On August 19 2014 17:47 Broetchenholer wrote:
Women wearing revealing stuff is by no means an automated sign to pursue her. Some humans just want to feel pretty or just don't care enough what others think.



I think what makes her attire worthy of curiosity is it's unusual nature.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
August 19 2014 09:09 GMT
#10644
Since both of you like starcraft, is your plan to have her find this post?
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
TwiggyWan
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
France342 Posts
August 19 2014 14:47 GMT
#10645
Hahahaha maybe that's the sign he wants to send to her who knows, he didn't stated he needed help in first place D:

Thanks for making my day Grumbels^^
No bad days
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 19 2014 14:52 GMT
#10646
another reason people sometimes choose to wear less clothing is if its hot out.
in general i think assuming the way someone dressed was for you is pretty pretentious. even if they did it to look attractive.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
August 19 2014 23:39 GMT
#10647
On August 19 2014 18:09 Grumbels wrote:
Since both of you like starcraft, is your plan to have her find this post?


She's more of a reddit girl. But now you've got me worried lol, she has been to TL.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 22 2014 10:50 GMT
#10648
On August 13 2014 07:45 SoSexy wrote:
Super shocked right now.

I met a girl few weeks ago. Last weekend we hung out a lot, went to parties, she went to my house etc. Then today she spent the whole afternoon at my place, we had dinner and then we started to get sexy. We went to the bedroom, we took our clothes off, then I performed oral sex on her. She then took off my jeans and asked 'do we have to go to the bathroom? it's gonna get messy here' and I was like 'well I have condoms don't worry'.

She went CRAZY. She started talking about how I thought she is a slut and how can I think of fucking a girl I've only been knowing for some weeks. I replied 'well, I could have different ideas about you, but I just gave you oral sex and you took off my pants'. She started blabbing about how two people could do only 'warm-up stuff' and that I have a sick idea of people. I replied that my idea is simply what 99% of people think o.o

Man, she was really SO pissed off. I don't think I'll hear from her anytime soon...I have no intention to apologize, since I basically did what every man would have done in that same situation o.o


Do you remember this story guys? Yesterday evening that girl sent a picture of me that she took (nothing strange, it was me driving) to a (male) friend of mine, without any comment or text. Just the picture. Wtf...
Dating thread on TL LUL
Yoz
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia357 Posts
August 22 2014 11:42 GMT
#10649
On August 22 2014 19:50 SoSexy wrote:
Do you remember this story guys? Yesterday evening that girl sent a picture of me that she took (nothing strange, it was me driving) to a (male) friend of mine, without any comment or text. Just the picture. Wtf...


She trying to remind you that she knows where you live?
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 22 2014 11:42 GMT
#10650
On August 22 2014 20:42 Yoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2014 19:50 SoSexy wrote:
Do you remember this story guys? Yesterday evening that girl sent a picture of me that she took (nothing strange, it was me driving) to a (male) friend of mine, without any comment or text. Just the picture. Wtf...


She trying to remind you that she knows where you live?


LOL
Dating thread on TL LUL
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46514 Posts
August 22 2014 11:52 GMT
#10651
On August 22 2014 19:50 SoSexy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2014 07:45 SoSexy wrote:
Super shocked right now.

I met a girl few weeks ago. Last weekend we hung out a lot, went to parties, she went to my house etc. Then today she spent the whole afternoon at my place, we had dinner and then we started to get sexy. We went to the bedroom, we took our clothes off, then I performed oral sex on her. She then took off my jeans and asked 'do we have to go to the bathroom? it's gonna get messy here' and I was like 'well I have condoms don't worry'.

She went CRAZY. She started talking about how I thought she is a slut and how can I think of fucking a girl I've only been knowing for some weeks. I replied 'well, I could have different ideas about you, but I just gave you oral sex and you took off my pants'. She started blabbing about how two people could do only 'warm-up stuff' and that I have a sick idea of people. I replied that my idea is simply what 99% of people think o.o

Man, she was really SO pissed off. I don't think I'll hear from her anytime soon...I have no intention to apologize, since I basically did what every man would have done in that same situation o.o


Do you remember this story guys? Yesterday evening that girl sent a picture of me that she took (nothing strange, it was me driving) to a (male) friend of mine, without any comment or text. Just the picture. Wtf...


Maybe she's hooking you two up?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46514 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-22 11:56:07
August 22 2014 11:54 GMT
#10652
On August 20 2014 08:39 Zooper31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 18:09 Grumbels wrote:
Since both of you like starcraft, is your plan to have her find this post?


She's more of a reddit girl.


You know this and you're still into her?

But in all seriousness the
We work together, she has a bf, who also works in the same place, she's just being friendly
parts make this sound pretty straightforward. Hang around if you want to be her friend, but don't expect anything special to happen.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
TyrionSC2
Profile Joined November 2010
United States411 Posts
August 23 2014 01:25 GMT
#10653
Just broke up with the girlfriend. Dated for 11 months. Amazing relationship until the end. She started to be abusive emotionally. Oh well. Life goes on.
phyren
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1067 Posts
August 23 2014 01:47 GMT
#10654
Holy shit, I'm getting salty. Why are women so bad about making plans? I swear, it's like half a dozen different girls over the past few months that are always late or taking forever to text back. I would just assume they aren't into me, except they do eventually get back and want to do something. Then they are late to that something. I was supposed to meet this girl after work tonight. Then she texts me like an hour and a half late to say her phone was lost/died. She says she still wants to go out, but she's gonna eat something at home first. 2 hours later, and I have no idea wtf is up.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46514 Posts
August 23 2014 01:49 GMT
#10655
On August 23 2014 10:25 TyrionSC2 wrote:
Just broke up with the girlfriend. Dated for 11 months. Amazing relationship until the end. She started to be abusive emotionally. Oh well. Life goes on.


Sorry to hear about that :/ Sounds like you got out when you needed to though! Far too many people are in abusive relationships and are too scared to leave.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
August 23 2014 01:55 GMT
#10656
On August 23 2014 10:47 phyren wrote:
Holy shit, I'm getting salty. Why are women so bad about making plans? I swear, it's like half a dozen different girls over the past few months that are always late or taking forever to text back. I would just assume they aren't into me, except they do eventually get back and want to do something. Then they are late to that something. I was supposed to meet this girl after work tonight. Then she texts me like an hour and a half late to say her phone was lost/died. She says she still wants to go out, but she's gonna eat something at home first. 2 hours later, and I have no idea wtf is up.


Because they want you to take the lead for them.

Its kind of your cue to be the man.

A test if you will.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
phyren
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1067 Posts
August 23 2014 02:00 GMT
#10657
A test how tough? Am I supposed to show up at their door and be like, we're going now? Not really much I can do other than call/text and ask them out. I actually had a girl I'm not interested in tell me she was crying over some guy who died and immediately ask me out. Out of pity, I say I can take her to do something tomorrow. The next day I call her and tell her I'm coming to pick her up. I get to her house where she stops picking up her phone but responds to texts with "I'll be out in a sec". Leaves me sitting out there 30 minutes.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46514 Posts
August 23 2014 02:15 GMT
#10658
Don't date women (or men) who play bullshit games like that. This whole "test" shit is stupid. Date honest people who are straightforward with you.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-23 03:10:59
August 23 2014 03:04 GMT
#10659
On August 23 2014 11:00 phyren wrote:
A test how tough? Am I supposed to show up at their door and be like, we're going now? Not really much I can do other than call/text and ask them out. I actually had a girl I'm not interested in tell me she was crying over some guy who died and immediately ask me out. Out of pity, I say I can take her to do something tomorrow. The next day I call her and tell her I'm coming to pick her up. I get to her house where she stops picking up her phone but responds to texts with "I'll be out in a sec". Leaves me sitting out there 30 minutes.


For the girl that wants to chill but wants to eat first, tell her this: "I know a great place. Meet me up @ x."

You have to know that guys encapsulate our emotions and girls have much more experience with theirs. And emotions have their momentum, the mood goes on and off.

When the intensity is hot, it is akin to make a timing push in SC2. A bit too late and her emotional states becomes cold again, then if you can't bring that intensity back on, you missed the opportunity.

Same thing can be applied to men. That's why a lot of businesses are done via coffee or alcohol talk as both sides' mental states are all warmed up and are more likely to make in the moment decisions.

Some time you just got to seize the day when the opportunity arises. That's the difference between able to bring the relationship to the next level or remain in the friend zone. And doing so proves your courage.

All girls like men that takes risks.

Also regarding honest people by DPB:

It depends on where you are located. In the western society, people are more direct in their approach. But in Asia, you really good to look for clues in terms of dealing with them. Sometime you yourself can't even be direct and straightforward because you don't want to hurt other people's feelings when criticizing people.

People ain't black and white, its more grey out. It really depends on the situation for dating: as long as the girl shows interest in you, you verify that interest with your own set of tests, and then if isn't a false negative, you want to grow that interest to aggrandize the sexual tension.

Dating is really a verbal seduction dance. And on the first date if the two have great dynamics, then they would most likely do it again.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
August 23 2014 04:53 GMT
#10660
My rule of thumb is that if the woman doesn't show respect I'll tell her she can go fuck herself and get out of there. Seriously she wouldn't even let her dog wait on the porch for half an hour but she somehow thinks it acceptable to do to you? You should've taken a piss in her goddamn mailbox you know.
Prev 1 531 532 533 534 535 1068 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O144
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11291
Artosis 400
White-Ra 183
ZZZero.O 144
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4992
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4422
Other Games
summit1g9491
FrodaN2611
Liquid`RaSZi2001
C9.Mang0279
ToD269
Livibee197
Pyrionflax117
Maynarde64
Mew2King44
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1081
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• musti20045 34
• HeavenSC 30
• Sammyuel 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1469
• Shiphtur643
• Scarra438
Upcoming Events
OSC
17m
Replay Cast
17m
OSC
13h 17m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.