• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7798 users

Republican nominations - Page 545

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 543 544 545 546 547 575 Next
seiferoth10
Profile Joined May 2010
3362 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 00:33:55
March 14 2012 00:32 GMT
#10881
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...

That's why you shouldn't vote for a GOP candidate in the general election (unless it's Paul, but it won't be Paul).

Edit: He was booed at the Arizona debate for speaking against war while the other three clowns got applause for supporting war.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 14 2012 00:33 GMT
#10882
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 00:43:11
March 14 2012 00:42 GMT
#10883
On March 14 2012 09:32 seiferoth10 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...

That's why you shouldn't vote for a GOP candidate in the general election (unless it's Paul, but it won't be Paul).

Edit: He was booed at the Arizona debate for speaking against war while the other three clowns got applause for supporting war.

You'd be surprised how malleable politicians principles become once they reach office. I don't doubt that the Obama administration would send us to war if the time came. Try to think of the president as a public relations figure-head for the people to focus on, instead of some singular decision maker.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 14 2012 00:54 GMT
#10884
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
BioNova
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States598 Posts
March 14 2012 00:56 GMT
#10885
On March 14 2012 09:42 liberal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:32 seiferoth10 wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...

That's why you shouldn't vote for a GOP candidate in the general election (unless it's Paul, but it won't be Paul).

Edit: He was booed at the Arizona debate for speaking against war while the other three clowns got applause for supporting war.

You'd be surprised how malleable politicians principles become once they reach office. I don't doubt that the Obama administration would send us to war if the time came. Try to think of the president as a public relations figure-head for the people to focus on, instead of some singular decision maker.



I would go with that, except he surely had his big boy pants on in time to pick his cabinet appointments, which were less than flattering. Might as well been McCain's list
I used to like trumpets, now I prefer pause. "Don't move a muscle JP!"
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 14 2012 00:57 GMT
#10886
On March 14 2012 09:56 BioNova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:42 liberal wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:32 seiferoth10 wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...

That's why you shouldn't vote for a GOP candidate in the general election (unless it's Paul, but it won't be Paul).

Edit: He was booed at the Arizona debate for speaking against war while the other three clowns got applause for supporting war.

You'd be surprised how malleable politicians principles become once they reach office. I don't doubt that the Obama administration would send us to war if the time came. Try to think of the president as a public relations figure-head for the people to focus on, instead of some singular decision maker.



I would go with that, except he surely had his big boy pants on in time to pick his cabinet appointments, which were less than flattering. Might as well been McCain's list


I don't see Palin in cabinet, so no, not quite the same but nice try.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 01:08:45
March 14 2012 01:04 GMT
#10887
On March 14 2012 09:54 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.

Its not true.

Obama has not lost support disproportionally among jewish americans (gallup), and most of them live in uncompetitive states in the general anyhow (NY, Mass, Cali). Next to that, to my knowledge the jewish american community is essentially split on bombing Iran, there's no actual broad support for bombing Iran (ignoring AIPAC which has very little to do with the actual jewish community). The issue is just as divisive within the US population as a whole as it is within the jewish american community (something like 52ish percent in the american population as a whole, 54ish in the jewish)

(Quite the useless stereotype you have there)
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 01:13:09
March 14 2012 01:08 GMT
#10888
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


But that's just my point. Why do the others want to go to war as well? I thought the War in Iraq and Afghanistan has become unpopular among liberals and conservatives.

And I know it's a rather irrelevant point but I simply do not see how bombing Iran protects Israel in any way realistically. If anything I think it would drum up the anti-Jewish forces in the area. I dunno, I'm Jewish and I'm with the sane people who think war with Iran is crazy at this point in time. Hell, I'm pretty sure we can leave Iran to itself and we could eventually just "pull a Libya" with all the pro-American sentiment there is in that country.
BioNova
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States598 Posts
March 14 2012 01:12 GMT
#10889
On March 14 2012 09:57 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:56 BioNova wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:42 liberal wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:32 seiferoth10 wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...

That's why you shouldn't vote for a GOP candidate in the general election (unless it's Paul, but it won't be Paul).

Edit: He was booed at the Arizona debate for speaking against war while the other three clowns got applause for supporting war.

You'd be surprised how malleable politicians principles become once they reach office. I don't doubt that the Obama administration would send us to war if the time came. Try to think of the president as a public relations figure-head for the people to focus on, instead of some singular decision maker.



I would go with that, except he surely had his big boy pants on in time to pick his cabinet appointments, which were less than flattering. Might as well been McCain's list


I don't see Palin in cabinet, so no, not quite the same but nice try.


Just frequent your favorite search engine, type in Bush Holdovers, and Obama, and enjoy. If I were a Democrat, which I am not, I would not have been please with Geitner, Gates, Holder, Mullen and on.

Who would Santorum pick? Yikes!
I used to like trumpets, now I prefer pause. "Don't move a muscle JP!"
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 14 2012 01:12 GMT
#10890
On March 14 2012 10:04 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:54 Probulous wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.

Its not true.

Obama has not lost support disproportionally among jewish americans (gallup), and most of them live in uncompetitive states in the general anyhow (NY, Mass, Cali). Next to that, to my knowledge the jewish american community is essentially split on bombing Iran, there's no actual broad support for bombing Iran (ignoring AIPAC which has very little to do with the actual jewish community). The issue is just as divisive within the US population as a whole as it is within the jewish american community (something like 52ish percent in the american population as a whole, 54ish in the jewish)

(Quite the useless stereotype you have there)

How can you say that Obama has not lost support among Jewish Americans when that poll that you cited shows that he has lost 30 fucking points? In the past, Jewish Americans have voted for democrats almost as reliably as the African American population.
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 01:16:32
March 14 2012 01:14 GMT
#10891
On March 14 2012 10:12 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 10:04 Derez wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:54 Probulous wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.

Its not true.

Obama has not lost support disproportionally among jewish americans (gallup), and most of them live in uncompetitive states in the general anyhow (NY, Mass, Cali). Next to that, to my knowledge the jewish american community is essentially split on bombing Iran, there's no actual broad support for bombing Iran (ignoring AIPAC which has very little to do with the actual jewish community). The issue is just as divisive within the US population as a whole as it is within the jewish american community (something like 52ish percent in the american population as a whole, 54ish in the jewish)

(Quite the useless stereotype you have there)

How can you say that Obama has not lost support among Jewish Americans when that poll that you cited shows that he has lost 30 fucking points? In the past, Jewish Americans have voted for democrats almost as reliably as the African American population.


Disproportionally was the keyword in that sentence.

And really the approval rating doesn't mean they would vote republican considering the options. They'd have to approve of Romney more than Obama.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 14 2012 01:18 GMT
#10892
On March 14 2012 10:14 DoubleReed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 10:12 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:04 Derez wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:54 Probulous wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.

Its not true.

Obama has not lost support disproportionally among jewish americans (gallup), and most of them live in uncompetitive states in the general anyhow (NY, Mass, Cali). Next to that, to my knowledge the jewish american community is essentially split on bombing Iran, there's no actual broad support for bombing Iran (ignoring AIPAC which has very little to do with the actual jewish community). The issue is just as divisive within the US population as a whole as it is within the jewish american community (something like 52ish percent in the american population as a whole, 54ish in the jewish)

(Quite the useless stereotype you have there)

How can you say that Obama has not lost support among Jewish Americans when that poll that you cited shows that he has lost 30 fucking points? In the past, Jewish Americans have voted for democrats almost as reliably as the African American population.


Disproportionally was the keyword in that sentence.

And really the approval rating doesn't mean they would vote republican considering the options.


This kind of willful denial is so amusing. Ignore 2010. Ignore all the special elections where democrats lost when they should have won. It's different in 2012. Just wait.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 14 2012 01:19 GMT
#10893
On March 14 2012 10:08 DoubleReed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


But that's just my point. Why do the others want to go to war as well? I thought the War in Iraq and Afghanistan has become unpopular among liberals and conservatives.

And I know it's a rather irrelevant point but I simply do not see how bombing Iran protects Israel in any way realistically. If anything I think it would drum up the anti-Jewish forces in the area.


It just depends on who you're bombing. Honestly this sounds a lot like the lead up to Iraq. There is some reason to go to war (who cares if it is true). Doesn't matter if it makes sense it must just sound scary. Then you can ignore everything else that has gone to shit and scream about how awesome America is and how brave and proud you are to be president of a country that defends its interests. Then you bomb the shit out of someone and everyone claps in awe and the next guy has to clean up after you. Of course he can't sort everything out in one go, so you bleat about he is a failure and a terrible president. Then when the time comes to put up or shut up, you go to war again to avoid having to sort anything out.

It makes me gag. I don't see how Republicans can bitch and whine about how much debt there is and still advocate for a war.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 01:25:37
March 14 2012 01:22 GMT
#10894
On March 14 2012 10:18 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 10:14 DoubleReed wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:12 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:04 Derez wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:54 Probulous wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.

Its not true.

Obama has not lost support disproportionally among jewish americans (gallup), and most of them live in uncompetitive states in the general anyhow (NY, Mass, Cali). Next to that, to my knowledge the jewish american community is essentially split on bombing Iran, there's no actual broad support for bombing Iran (ignoring AIPAC which has very little to do with the actual jewish community). The issue is just as divisive within the US population as a whole as it is within the jewish american community (something like 52ish percent in the american population as a whole, 54ish in the jewish)

(Quite the useless stereotype you have there)

How can you say that Obama has not lost support among Jewish Americans when that poll that you cited shows that he has lost 30 fucking points? In the past, Jewish Americans have voted for democrats almost as reliably as the African American population.


Disproportionally was the keyword in that sentence.

And really the approval rating doesn't mean they would vote republican considering the options.


This kind of willful denial is so amusing. Ignore 2010. Ignore all the special elections where democrats lost when they should have won. It's different in 2012. Just wait.


I dunno. Are Jews really that influential in these elections? I mean I guess they are in terms of money donations because of all the rich guys, but are they really that important a focus group? Although they vote democrat I'm pretty sure many Jewish Americans are pretty damn fiscally conservative, so I'm not terribly surprised on that (as there are plenty of fiscally conservative democrats).

And that's not really denial. It's just saying that everyone's lost favor with Obama, not Jews in particular.
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 01:33:08
March 14 2012 01:31 GMT
#10895
On March 14 2012 10:18 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 10:14 DoubleReed wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:12 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:04 Derez wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:54 Probulous wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.

Its not true.

Obama has not lost support disproportionally among jewish americans (gallup), and most of them live in uncompetitive states in the general anyhow (NY, Mass, Cali). Next to that, to my knowledge the jewish american community is essentially split on bombing Iran, there's no actual broad support for bombing Iran (ignoring AIPAC which has very little to do with the actual jewish community). The issue is just as divisive within the US population as a whole as it is within the jewish american community (something like 52ish percent in the american population as a whole, 54ish in the jewish)

(Quite the useless stereotype you have there)

How can you say that Obama has not lost support among Jewish Americans when that poll that you cited shows that he has lost 30 fucking points? In the past, Jewish Americans have voted for democrats almost as reliably as the African American population.


Disproportionally was the keyword in that sentence.

And really the approval rating doesn't mean they would vote republican considering the options.


This kind of willful denial is so amusing. Ignore 2010. Ignore all the special elections where democrats lost when they should have won. It's different in 2012. Just wait.


I honestly don't know how to argue with nostradamus-like predictions of the future. Show me a poll that has a republican candidate even near Obama in a state with a significant jewish american population and you might have a point.
Szordrin
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland151 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 01:33:31
March 14 2012 01:32 GMT
#10896
Btw. a war with Iran is highly unrealistic. What is possible (or discussed at least) on the other hand is a large and coordinated airstrike on their nuclear enrichment facilities etc. (see foreign affairs article). Basically destroy their nuclear plans for the next ten to fifteen year, suffer (and minimize) retaliation, suffer the hi to diplomatic relations with china, russia etc. and move on...

The U.S. will 100% NOT invade Iran or whatever...


edit: why bother with the election btw.? Obama will be there until 2016 anyway (say hi to the economy)...
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
March 14 2012 01:39 GMT
#10897
On March 14 2012 10:32 Szordrin wrote:
Btw. a war with Iran is highly unrealistic. What is possible (or discussed at least) on the other hand is a large and coordinated airstrike on their nuclear enrichment facilities etc. (see foreign affairs article). Basically destroy their nuclear plans for the next ten to fifteen year, suffer (and minimize) retaliation, suffer the hi to diplomatic relations with china, russia etc. and move on...

The U.S. will 100% NOT invade Iran or whatever...


edit: why bother with the election btw.? Obama will be there until 2016 anyway (say hi to the economy)...


See things are easy to predict when they go according to plan. I mean if Israel and the US bombed Iran they could legitimately retaliate. Who knows what their response would be? Most certainly blocking the straight would their first action. Whether they actually attack Israel is a completely different question. I love how the Republicans are upping the "war" rhetoric and using it to protect Israel. If anything it makes it worse because it backs Iran into a corner. They have to respond in some way one of which is threatening to block the strait. This drives up oil prices which somehow reflects badly on Obama.

You show a lot of faith in the electorate to just straight up vote for Obama again. Remember just a year ago he was all but dead and buried. There is a lot of resentment around and it not impossible for him to lose. A high oil price induced recession would certainly seal the deal.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
March 14 2012 01:53 GMT
#10898
Santorum currently has a comfortable lead in both Alabama and Mississippi.

GAME ON!
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 14 2012 01:54 GMT
#10899
On March 14 2012 10:31 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 10:18 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:14 DoubleReed wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:12 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 10:04 Derez wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:54 Probulous wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:33 xDaunt wrote:
On March 14 2012 09:14 DoubleReed wrote:
I don't get it. Do we want another war? We just got out of Iraq, and I thought that was a massively popular move. Why is the American populace ready to go to war again? Shouldn't they be booing the war-hungry rhetoric???

Man, I don't understand politics at all...


It has everything to do with Obama's appeal to the American electorate. The vast majority of the people who do not support bombing Iran are going to vote for Obama anyway, regardless of what he does. However, by bombing Iran, Obama will cement his position among many independents and groups from whom he has lost support (re: Jews.... just look at what happened in Weiner's district to see how badly democrats are doing among that voting block).


That's pretty sickening. Bombing another country to shore up your own local support. Holy shit what has the world come to. I mean people are so jaded about politicians but if they persuaded by this kind of crap you can't really blame the politicians can you?

I try my best not to become a cynic but reality really bites.

Its not true.

Obama has not lost support disproportionally among jewish americans (gallup), and most of them live in uncompetitive states in the general anyhow (NY, Mass, Cali). Next to that, to my knowledge the jewish american community is essentially split on bombing Iran, there's no actual broad support for bombing Iran (ignoring AIPAC which has very little to do with the actual jewish community). The issue is just as divisive within the US population as a whole as it is within the jewish american community (something like 52ish percent in the american population as a whole, 54ish in the jewish)

(Quite the useless stereotype you have there)

How can you say that Obama has not lost support among Jewish Americans when that poll that you cited shows that he has lost 30 fucking points? In the past, Jewish Americans have voted for democrats almost as reliably as the African American population.


Disproportionally was the keyword in that sentence.

And really the approval rating doesn't mean they would vote republican considering the options.


This kind of willful denial is so amusing. Ignore 2010. Ignore all the special elections where democrats lost when they should have won. It's different in 2012. Just wait.


I honestly don't know how to argue with nostradamus-like predictions of the future. Show me a poll that has a republican candidate even near Obama in a state with a significant jewish american population and you might have a point.


It's way too early to pay much attention to polls. That said, pay attention to Florida this fall.
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
March 14 2012 01:58 GMT
#10900
On March 14 2012 10:53 Mohdoo wrote:
Santorum currently has a comfortable lead in both Alabama and Mississippi.

GAME ON!


Alabama has been called but Mississippi isnt quite over yet.
Prev 1 543 544 545 546 547 575 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM971
TaKeTV 338
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 182
ZombieGrub101
BRAT_OK 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 971
TKL 291
IndyStarCraft 182
MaxPax 166
ZombieGrub101
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason57
Nathanias 42
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 569
White-Ra 146
firebathero 79
Barracks 75
Shine 45
910 44
Killer 27
Trap 21
yabsab 8
Counter-Strike
Fnx 773
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0192
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9157
crisheroes1814
Liquid`Hasu1746
Trikslyr80
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5339
summit1g5105
singsing1318
Beastyqt846
shahzam447
B2W.Neo316
KnowMe130
ArmadaUGS96
UpATreeSC59
Pyrionflax55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream404
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 192
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 22
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV141
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie653
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 2m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.