• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:41
CEST 18:41
KST 01:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8651 users

Republican nominations - Page 520

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 518 519 520 521 522 575 Next
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
March 05 2012 11:20 GMT
#10381
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


Not trying to predict the future. Just curious to see if anyone on the board believes that either of the remaining Republican candidates could beat Obama, or even be a better president.

It's just as an outsider looking in, watching the Republican Nomination process has been wild. The way candidates are nominated in the States is just nuts, and from what I can tell, utterly ineffective for the Republican Party, and voters that just want a respectable option at the polls.






Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 05 2012 11:41 GMT
#10382
On March 05 2012 20:20 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


Not trying to predict the future. Just curious to see if anyone on the board believes that either of the remaining Republican candidates could beat Obama, or even be a better president.

It's just as an outsider looking in, watching the Republican Nomination process has been wild. The way candidates are nominated in the States is just nuts, and from what I can tell, utterly ineffective for the Republican Party, and voters that just want a respectable option at the polls.


Ok, I can live with that. But reading through this thread someone can only draw one conclusion - and it will show in the poll(apart from casual internet trolling).

@ Chaosvuistje asking, what´s the harm? I say nothing. I easily can throw back the question - what is there to gain? The answer will be once again, nothing. But I guess I just crave for a new topic that will come around the corner in shiny golden armor, because due to the high amount of pages and people discussing here, this thread is highly repetitive, that´s just the nature of things. So - let Obama win the presidency on the TL Board .
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
March 05 2012 12:09 GMT
#10383
On March 05 2012 20:20 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


Not trying to predict the future. Just curious to see if anyone on the board believes that either of the remaining Republican candidates could beat Obama, or even be a better president.

It's just as an outsider looking in, watching the Republican Nomination process has been wild. The way candidates are nominated in the States is just nuts, and from what I can tell, utterly ineffective for the Republican Party, and voters that just want a respectable option at the polls.


If the economy continues to grow as it does now, then the race is run and Obama wins his second term with ease.

That is also why the Republican field is so bad. Nobody wants to run against a 1st term President. They tend to stay in office unless they are doing really bad on the economy.
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
March 05 2012 14:48 GMT
#10384
On March 05 2012 20:20 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


Not trying to predict the future. Just curious to see if anyone on the board believes that either of the remaining Republican candidates could beat Obama, or even be a better president.



I think xDaunt might be the only one who is confident that Obama is going to be thrown out and there's a number who think any of the R candidates would be a better president than Obama. But, I don't speak for them so I should probably let them speak for themselves..
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 19:18:14
March 05 2012 14:55 GMT
#10385
Nevermind.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 05 2012 14:56 GMT
#10386
On March 05 2012 23:48 ZeaL. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 20:20 Defacer wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


Not trying to predict the future. Just curious to see if anyone on the board believes that either of the remaining Republican candidates could beat Obama, or even be a better president.



I think xDaunt might be the only one who is confident that Obama is going to be thrown out and there's a number who think any of the R candidates would be a better president than Obama. But, I don't speak for them so I should probably let them speak for themselves..


I have said repeatedly that Obama is toast unless the economy rebounds. I'm sticking by that prediction.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 15:44:41
March 05 2012 15:44 GMT
#10387
Unemployment's dropping though.

And you can't complain about the inaccuracy or massaging done on unemployment rate because it has always been massaged and inaccurate.

http://reflectionsofarationalrepublican.com/2011/07/21/reagan-vs-obama-unemployment/
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
March 05 2012 15:49 GMT
#10388
On March 05 2012 23:56 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 23:48 ZeaL. wrote:
On March 05 2012 20:20 Defacer wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


Not trying to predict the future. Just curious to see if anyone on the board believes that either of the remaining Republican candidates could beat Obama, or even be a better president.



I think xDaunt might be the only one who is confident that Obama is going to be thrown out and there's a number who think any of the R candidates would be a better president than Obama. But, I don't speak for them so I should probably let them speak for themselves..


I have said repeatedly that Obama is toast unless the economy rebounds. I'm sticking by that prediction.

I think you are delusional with this prediction. I think the real key to predicting this race is in Romney's growing "unfavorable" ratings. It's clear that the more people see and learn about Romney, the less they actually like him. Here's some sources:

Not since the 1996 presidential candidacy of Republican Bob Dole has a party's likely nominee been viewed negatively by a plurality of Americans at this point in an election. Yet Mr. Romney's challenge in building a favorable image is steeper than Mr. Dole's was then.

The poll found that nearly 40% of Americans view Mr. Romney negatively, compared with 28% who view him positively, a gap of close to 12 percentage points.

Additionally, when asked to describe the GOP nominating battle in a word or phrase, nearly 70 percent of respondents – including six in 10 independents and even more than half of Republicans – answered with a negative comment.

Some examples of these negative comments from Republicans: "Unenthusiastic," "discouraged," "lesser of two evils," "painful," "disappointed," "poor choices," "concerned," "underwhelmed,” “uninspiring” and “depressed.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/03/wsjnbc-poll-romney-battered-for-the-general-116392.html

“Romney’s negatives with independents [have] jumped 13 points in the past month ... and 20 points since November.” In the fall, Romney’s approval rating was solid: 21 percent favorable to 22 percent unfavorable. By last week, however, his unfavorables had shot up 20 points to 42 percent. His favorables were still stuck in the low 20s.

In other words, at least 10 recent polls have shown that the gap between general-election voters who like Romney and general-election voters who dislike Romney is widening—often to more than 20 or 30 percentage points—all as the Republican nominating contest drags on.

Why are voters—especially Independent voters—suddenly souring on Romney? The surveys don’t say. But given the spike in political coverage that has accompanied the primaries, it seems likely that low-information indies—the sort of people who, until recently, didn’t have much of an opinion about Romney because they didn’t know much about him—have over the past few weeks absorbed at least some of the Mitt-related headlines plastered across their local papers and parroted on their local news: that he profited off of dying companies at Bain Capital; that he pays an effective tax rate of only 14 percent; that he’s buried his assets in the Cayman Islands; that he likes to fire people; that he’s willing to spend tens of millions of dollars tearing down his fellow Republicans; and so on.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/01/mitt-romney-s-unfavorable-ratings-have-been-rising-since-iowa.html
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
March 05 2012 15:51 GMT
#10389
Hey guys, I've just moved to a foreign country so I've been settling in and I haven't really had much time to check and see how things are going back in the states.

So, all your more philosophical debates are interesting, and I love seeing those things. But I've been skimming the last few pages and I'm just curious... could anyone just give me a brief synopsis on what's happened the last couple weeks? Just to fill me in on what I missed? I heard Romney took Michigan and another state?
For Aiur???
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 16:08:32
March 05 2012 16:07 GMT
#10390
Gingrich has fallen off the map, Santorum made a surge after the Arizona debates discussing economic issues and his "blue collar" (aka an MBA and a JD) background compared to Romney's, which allowed him to sweep three states in January. Then he started talking about social issues again and scared people away, so Romney is in the lead. He won Michigan, Arizona and Wyoming, and has a lead in Washington and going into Super Tuesday.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
March 05 2012 16:28 GMT
#10391
"Stuff like this makes you hard to take seriously"

Said by same person that also says...

"Evolution isn't science."

And

"Only my stereotypes are correct."

C'mon meow.
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 16:32:43
March 05 2012 16:32 GMT
#10392
On March 06 2012 01:07 Jibba wrote:
Gingrich has fallen off the map, Santorum made a surge after the Arizona debates discussing economic issues and his "blue collar" (aka an MBA and a JD) background compared to Romney's, which allowed him to sweep three states in January. Then he started talking about social issues again and scared people away, so Romney is in the lead. He won Michigan, Arizona and Wyoming, and has a lead in Washington and going into Super Tuesday.


Thanks Jibba!

Any idea how things are looking in Ohio? And is Ron Paul still just kind of hovering around where he's always been? Is he at least beating Gingrich now?
For Aiur???
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 05 2012 16:48 GMT
#10393
On March 06 2012 01:28 DamnCats wrote:
"Stuff like this makes you hard to take seriously"

Said by same person that also says...

"Evolution isn't science."

And

"Only my stereotypes are correct."

C'mon meow.


I was going to chide you for not taking the time to accurately quote what I said, but then it dawned on me that, given your posts from yesterday, you probably don't even really understand what I was saying anyway, so the above-listed quotes are probably all that computed in your head.

Anyway, I'm tired of responding to you. It's boring, unproductive, and cluttering up this thread with garbage. When you're ready to kick up your game up a few notches, I'll start responding to your posts again.
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
March 05 2012 16:58 GMT
#10394
On March 06 2012 01:48 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 01:28 DamnCats wrote:
"Stuff like this makes you hard to take seriously"

Said by same person that also says...

"Evolution isn't science."

And

"Only my stereotypes are correct."

C'mon meow.


I was going to chide you for not taking the time to accurately quote what I said, but then it dawned on me that, given your posts from yesterday, you probably don't even really understand what I was saying anyway, so the above-listed quotes are probably all that computed in your head.

Anyway, I'm tired of responding to you. It's boring, unproductive, and cluttering up this thread with garbage. When you're ready to kick up your game up a few notches, I'll start responding to your posts again.


Honestly man your responses to all of these trivial things has been simplistic and childish. I don't really know why you're expecting mature responses back at you. It's a Starcraft Internet forum, leave your machismo somewhere else.

Anyway, I'd like to shift you back to topics that I actually like discussing with you. You really think Romney can beat Obama? I mean the economy is already rebounding. If it continues Romney will even have less to run on.
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
March 05 2012 17:05 GMT
#10395
I was going to take the time to quote you correctly but then it dawned on me that it wouldn't actually change your response at all. Guess everyone else reading this thread can come to their own conclusions of what you meant in the last 2 pages.
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 17:20:18
March 05 2012 17:16 GMT
#10396
On March 06 2012 01:58 DoubleReed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 01:48 xDaunt wrote:
On March 06 2012 01:28 DamnCats wrote:
"Stuff like this makes you hard to take seriously"

Said by same person that also says...

"Evolution isn't science."

And

"Only my stereotypes are correct."

C'mon meow.


I was going to chide you for not taking the time to accurately quote what I said, but then it dawned on me that, given your posts from yesterday, you probably don't even really understand what I was saying anyway, so the above-listed quotes are probably all that computed in your head.

Anyway, I'm tired of responding to you. It's boring, unproductive, and cluttering up this thread with garbage. When you're ready to kick up your game up a few notches, I'll start responding to your posts again.

Anyway, I'd like to shift you back to topics that I actually like discussing with you. You really think Romney can beat Obama? I mean the economy is already rebounding. If it continues Romney will even have less to run on.

I know you're not asking me, but I think it would be foolish to outright toss out the possibility that Romney could take Obama out of office, especially since the media do such an excellent job of depicting Obama negatively.

From the get go, many political analysts, some of my teacher and myself have been under the impression that Romney stood the best chance against Obama, as he's "moderate"(ish) and the other republican candidates have been seemingly crazy in some cases, and obviously too far on the right in most. Now I think it's safe to assume that Romney's "play style" will change pretty drastically after the primary, to appeal to the independents (and probably some unhappy democrats).

I wouldn't be surprised if the heavy criticism Obama had over his presidency didn't weigh heavily on him as he's been called a "socialist" and all kinds of ridiculous things. Also, he was handed the country at the beginning of the recession, and I'll avoid the political correctness here: a LOT of people on both sides are complete imbeciles. Whether or not Obama's administration handled the recession properly, many will look at graphs and say "the economy was bad during Obama's presidency", without giving thought to the causes.

I personally was a big Obama supporter in 2008, but now after the fucking disgusting NDAA, his failure to shut down Guantanamo and his overall softness bothers me a lot. That said, I would still vote for him (but I can't), I think Romney's odds are bad, but if he plays his cards right, he can have this. Oh and if he does, hopefully his social ideals don't become reality. =)
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
March 05 2012 17:18 GMT
#10397
On March 05 2012 20:20 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


Not trying to predict the future. Just curious to see if anyone on the board believes that either of the remaining Republican candidates could beat Obama, or even be a better president.

It's just as an outsider looking in, watching the Republican Nomination process has been wild. The way candidates are nominated in the States is just nuts, and from what I can tell, utterly ineffective for the Republican Party, and voters that just want a respectable option at the polls.

i believe that the republican candidate could still beat Obama. it will be an uphill battle for whoever it is, but it was always going to be an uphill battle. gas prices are still going up, the economy is only showing minimal signs of getting better, and we haven't even gotten to the campaign yet. republicans are still slamming each other. i don't think we can get an accurate picture of how people feel about it until the candidate is chosen and the campaign has begun. on the second part, almost anyone could be a better president, in my opinion, than Obama.

it is mostly democrats and liberals who say that the republican field is terrible and that we can't stand our choices. most people i have spoken to who are republican admit that the field of candidates right now is not as strong as it could be, but is strong enough. our nominating process isn't perfect, but nothing is perfect. it works for us.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 05 2012 17:23 GMT
#10398
On March 06 2012 01:58 DoubleReed wrote:
Honestly man your responses to all of these trivial things has been simplistic and childish. I don't really know why you're expecting mature responses back at you. It's a Starcraft Internet forum, leave your machismo somewhere else.


Oh, believe me, I get it, and that's why I put my foot down. At any given time that I am posting, there are at least 3-4 people (sometimes significantly more) who are posting in response and disagreeing with me. Unfortunately, and putting it as charitably as I can, not all of these responsive posts are well-thought out, and I have to restrain myself from saying something in a reply that's going to get me banned, regardless of how correct I would be. And yes, I will be the first to admit that it's my sarcastic comments that often light the fuse that leads to the degeneration of the debate because the comments rub people the wrong way.

In short, it is easy to say "stay above the fray," but it is difficult in practice.


Anyway, I'd like to shift you back to topics that I actually like discussing with you. You really think Romney can beat Obama? I mean the economy is already rebounding. If it continues Romney will even have less to run on.


Yes. The economy is improving marginally, but think about it this way. Is the economy really at a point where Obama can point to it as a positive achievement? No, it's not even close to that point yet. Yes, the unemployment rate has been slowly dropping, but the employment rate is still incredibly high when factoring in all of the people who have left the workforce. Factor in high commodity prices (gas being the latest), and it is pretty clear that Obama cannot rest on his laurels.

Also, keep in mind that no one is really going after Obama yet. Just wait until this summer and fall when republican primary is over, and republicans start attacking in a unified way. We're still a long way from the election in November, and a lot is going to change between now and then.
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 05 2012 17:31 GMT
#10399
On March 06 2012 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2012 01:58 DoubleReed wrote:
Honestly man your responses to all of these trivial things has been simplistic and childish. I don't really know why you're expecting mature responses back at you. It's a Starcraft Internet forum, leave your machismo somewhere else.


Show nested quote +

Anyway, I'd like to shift you back to topics that I actually like discussing with you. You really think Romney can beat Obama? I mean the economy is already rebounding. If it continues Romney will even have less to run on.


Yes. The economy is improving marginally, but think about it this way. Is the economy really at a point where Obama can point to it as a positive achievement? No, it's not even close to that point yet. Yes, the unemployment rate has been slowly dropping, but the employment rate is still incredibly high when factoring in all of the people who have left the workforce. Factor in high commodity prices (gas being the latest), and it is pretty clear that Obama cannot rest on his laurels.

Also, keep in mind that no one is really going after Obama yet. Just wait until this summer and fall when republican primary is over, and republicans start attacking in a unified way. We're still a long way from the election in November, and a lot is going to change between now and then.


I feel the same way - if the elephantastic rove attack machine gets going anything can happen. Though Romney gave away so much for Obama to exploit during the nomination, it´s gonna ge a pretty tough one - and entertaining
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 18:03:13
March 05 2012 18:02 GMT
#10400
On March 06 2012 02:23 xDaunt wrote:
Factor in high commodity prices (gas being the latest), and it is pretty clear that Obama cannot rest on his laurels.

It's funny that gas prices comes into play, as if Obama had a significant amount of control over that. Blame "the man", he probably runs them cartels.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Prev 1 518 519 520 521 522 575 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1205
ComeBackTV 1161
SteadfastSC976
TaKeTV 575
IndyStarCraft 216
Rex155
EnkiAlexander 82
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 976
IndyStarCraft 216
Rex 155
ProTech141
BRAT_OK 29
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43909
Bisu 1688
Shuttle 629
EffOrt 607
BeSt 461
Larva 455
Soma 368
Mini 360
Light 284
ZerO 188
[ Show more ]
Rush 181
Hyuk 111
firebathero 85
Dewaltoss 71
Mong 66
Pusan 52
Sexy 32
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 21
Terrorterran 17
Bale 17
yabsab 14
Rock 14
Shine 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8475
qojqva1805
Counter-Strike
fl0m1266
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1188
Other Games
hiko1427
FrodaN1001
DeMusliM352
Livibee183
ArmadaUGS172
KnowMe128
XaKoH 109
QueenE88
Mew2King78
C9.Mang070
XBOCT37
ZerO(Twitch)12
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 38
• StrangeGG 31
• Hinosc 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3193
Other Games
• Shiphtur354
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 19m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 19m
Online Event
18h 19m
FEL
23h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.