• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:15
CEST 13:15
KST 20:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9712 users

Republican nominations - Page 519

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 517 518 519 520 521 575 Next
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 05 2012 01:26 GMT
#10361
On March 05 2012 10:23 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 10:18 Djzapz wrote:
On March 05 2012 10:14 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 10:02 Djzapz wrote:
On March 05 2012 09:58 darthfoley wrote:
On March 05 2012 09:57 liberal wrote:
*takes a quick glance at wikipedia*

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and the free exercise of religion.[3][4][5][6][7]

...employed the concept of natural rights and the social contract to argue that the rule of law should replace absolutism in government, that rulers were subject to the consent of the governed, and that private individuals had a fundamental right to life, liberty, and property.


Good enough for me. I'm a liberal.


but it's wikipedia, it must be wrong!!!11!

The first few lines are not necessarily wrong in this case, but the definition is obviously (extremely) incomplete.

Also when Americans refer to liberalism, it's pretty much always about social liberalism, as I said earlier. The wiki page on "liberalism" simply isn't the right one, with is baffling, I thought xDaunt would know that.

No, liberalism in the context of American politics refers to the political left.

No, wtf, it refers to social liberalism, which is part of the political left. If the "political left" is according to you completely engulfed in the term "liberalism", then that's not just the regular American misnomer, but a misnomer within a misnomer.

Yeah, that's the point. Liberalism refers to the entire political left, and it is a misnomer.

What the hell are we doing
It was actually "liberal" who pulled the wrong wiki quote and I accused you, I'm very sorry
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 03:37:11
March 05 2012 03:23 GMT
#10362
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist. However, it's not okay to tell me what I believe after I say this. I'll tell you what I believe, thank you very much.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 05 2012 03:38 GMT
#10363
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
March 05 2012 03:57 GMT
#10364
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Show nested quote +
Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 05 2012 04:00 GMT
#10365
On March 05 2012 12:57 DamnCats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.


I bet he's going to take offense to that, because it must be true if it's the stereotype!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 04:05:57
March 05 2012 04:03 GMT
#10366
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Show nested quote +
Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


Yawn, acting like a jerk isn't very interesting. What, are we on the schoolyard? "I'm more liberal than youuuuuu are!" Seriously?

Stereotypes aren't reliable anyway. It's a kind of hindsight bias and cognitive simplicity that is easy for people to associate with reliability. They honestly tend to be rather random. They would be offensive whether or not they are true. That's not why they are offensive.

Let's get back to the actual discussion of Obama trouncing Romney.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
March 05 2012 04:04 GMT
#10367
On March 05 2012 12:57 DamnCats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.


Either that or a lazy bum that was given vast amounts of money by his parents and doesn't know a thing about the real world because he's never worked a day in his life.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 05 2012 04:15 GMT
#10368
On March 05 2012 12:57 DamnCats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.


Well, if you think it's bullshit, then clearly it's not a good stereotype.
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
March 05 2012 04:21 GMT
#10369
On March 05 2012 13:15 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 12:57 DamnCats wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.


Well, if you think it's bullshit, then clearly it's not a good stereotype.


Clearly. "Stereotypes are incredibly reliable, except when they're not."

Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
March 05 2012 04:27 GMT
#10370
On March 05 2012 13:21 DamnCats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 13:15 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:57 DamnCats wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.


Well, if you think it's bullshit, then clearly it's not a good stereotype.


Clearly. "Stereotypes are incredibly reliable, except when they're not."


I can't account for user error.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 05 2012 04:38 GMT
#10371
On March 05 2012 13:27 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 13:21 DamnCats wrote:
On March 05 2012 13:15 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:57 DamnCats wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.


Well, if you think it's bullshit, then clearly it's not a good stereotype.


Clearly. "Stereotypes are incredibly reliable, except when they're not."


I can't account for user error.


This is why conservatives get such a bad rap lol.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
March 05 2012 04:50 GMT
#10372
Wow I didn't think grabbing the wikipedia quote would derail the thread so much lol...

Not sure what the big deal is. I thought it was well known that in the United States the term "liberal" is inaccurate, as it differs both from the concepts historically understood, and presently used in much of Europe. American statism is incompatible with traditional liberalism, whether they try to workaround the issue with terms like "social liberal" or not.
Tor
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada231 Posts
March 05 2012 06:47 GMT
#10373
On March 05 2012 13:27 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 13:21 DamnCats wrote:
On March 05 2012 13:15 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:57 DamnCats wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:38 xDaunt wrote:
On March 05 2012 12:23 DoubleReed wrote:
Liberalism is things like the Magna Carta and stuff like that. John Locke is the Father of Liberalism. It doesn't refer to modern politics. I would say almost all Americans are Liberals in the classical sense. It was in contrast to divine right and monarchies of the day.

But that's not what Liberal means in American politics, so let's stop talking about it. We all know that Liberal in the modern era refers to the socially progressive and more socialist-ish economic policies. It's just a shift in language. So let's move on.


In the classical sense, I'm more of a liberal than any democrat.

Stereotypes are frequently incorrect, xDaunt, and nobody likes it on either side. It's really just rather rude. I like the 3D spectrum a lot more. For instance, I would call myself a centrist economically, socially libertarian, and an interventionist.


Stereotypes may be incorrect at times, but they are incredibly reliable. There's reason why people find them so offensive: they work.


So what would you think of the stereotype that everyone who votes republican is a gun toting bible thumping anti abortion warmonger who can't stomach gay people loving each other and drives a chevy/ford truck with cow balls hanging off the hitch? Personally I think it's bullshit also. You seem convinced otherwise though.


Well, if you think it's bullshit, then clearly it's not a good stereotype.


Clearly. "Stereotypes are incredibly reliable, except when they're not."


I can't account for user error.


You sure know how to undermine your own opinions.

Also your argument discussing the semantics of "liberalism" was incredibly confused. You meant to be arguing the meaning of the label "liberal" when used in the context of the american political system (you even made a post about it before you got screwed up and got lost on the word "liberalism"), regardless the entire argument was semantic only, but the confusion made for a good laugh.

I assure you, not only Democrats, but also Republicans and Libertarians and even Socialists, can be viewed as defending the general definition of "liberalism". The largest difference between a democrat and a republican is that democrats believe in reasonable use of positive liberty, where as republicans emphasize negative liberty (with a light splash of behavioural control based on christian morals).

You're off the mark on the duck test (it's just a fallacy when thrown willy-nilly into an argument)
I like "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."

Another statement from our friend wikipedia:
Indeed, Jussim et al. comment that ethnic and gender stereotypes are surprisingly accurate, while stereotypes concerning political affiliation and nationality [14] are much less accurate (couldn't check the citation but it's enough to provide reasonable doubt about your views on political stereotypes)

p.s. there is a difference between empirical generalizations and biased slander, and even if you were randomly correct with a stereotype; they're useless and offensive statements unless backed up with evidence (not anecdotal) to support your claim; they often make you look ignorant and intolerant; and worse yet, when used poorly, can actually hinder positive outcomes as they help maintain a negative status quo by reinforcing the stereotype rather than encouraging change or growth.

Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 05 2012 08:26 GMT
#10374
On March 05 2012 13:50 liberal wrote:
Wow I didn't think grabbing the wikipedia quote would derail the thread so much lol...

Not sure what the big deal is. I thought it was well known that in the United States the term "liberal" is inaccurate, as it differs both from the concepts historically understood, and presently used in much of Europe. American statism is incompatible with traditional liberalism, whether they try to workaround the issue with terms like "social liberal" or not.


Yeah this thread, again, reached the point where kids are throwing stuff at each other...
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
March 05 2012 08:31 GMT
#10375
Not over, but in hibernation. On Tuesday I wrote a column calling for mainstream Republicans to get in there and fight for their party. The very same day, Snowe decides to call it quits. Shows my influence.

There’s no way the Republicans can continue to drift inevitably into a protest movement, though. The electorate has moved right, but not that far right.

Here’s what I think may happen. Romney gets the nomination and is defeated. Republicans decide they are sick of nominating “moderates” and next time they go haywire. Then the party gets really crushed and sanity returns.


Source
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 09:21:52
March 05 2012 09:19 GMT
#10376
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.


GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 05 2012 09:24 GMT
#10377
at the above

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bachman.
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
March 05 2012 09:40 GMT
#10378
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
March 05 2012 09:57 GMT
#10379
On March 05 2012 18:40 Doublemint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2012 18:19 Defacer wrote:
Alright,

There's only two viable Republican candidates left. And I have to ask:

Poll: Who would you vote for as the president?

Obama (16)
 
73%

Santorum (4)
 
18%

Romney (1)
 
5%

Fuck this shit, I'm not voting. (1)
 
5%

22 total votes

Your vote: Who would you vote for as the president?

(Vote): Romney
(Vote): Santorum
(Vote): Obama
(Vote): Fuck this shit, I'm not voting.




I know there´s a huge urge to foresee who is most probably to win the election...

But isn´t it too early? The campaigns of the ACTUAL candidates haven´t even started yet. ANYTHING can still happen.
Yes, to date Republicans are in a very bad position, and most probably, if tomorrow was election day - Obama would take it - but in politics there are other rules in place than "common sense" or actual facts...


By now the GOP candidates have dug such a deep hole for themselves that they should be hoping they pissed off God enough for another great flood so they atleast float out again. Yes, it is way early to call it, and this forum is hardly representative to the american people, but what harm is there in getting this poll up rather than debating the semantics of who is liberal, conservative, progressive or democratic?
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
March 05 2012 10:03 GMT
#10380
republican candidates have no chance against Obama
Prev 1 517 518 519 520 521 575 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11735
Britney 7292
FanTaSy 2054
Hyuk 880
Horang2 595
BeSt 458
Stork 257
Pusan 254
EffOrt 132
Killer 130
[ Show more ]
Zeus 123
Last 121
Mind 109
sorry 69
Hyun 61
Mini 58
PianO 53
ggaemo 52
Snow 47
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 32
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 25
Aegong 17
Sea.KH 14
zelot 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe372
Counter-Strike
fl0m1582
byalli804
x6flipin255
Other Games
gofns27509
singsing2884
B2W.Neo472
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King68
Livibee12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 351
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 45m
Replay Cast
11h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 45m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.