• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7688 users

Rossi's energy catalyzer - Page 19

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 51 Next
FallDownMarigold
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3710 Posts
October 29 2011 17:06 GMT
#361
Right, which I addressed by noting the issue where he isn't able to show his methods (yet) due to patent concerns. Certain people in this thread have brought up arguments against the very idea of "free energy" in a dogmatic way, thus my story and the subsequent examples provided by the next poster are perfectly fitting in this thread, directed at specific people.
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 17:20:17
October 29 2011 17:19 GMT
#362
On October 30 2011 02:06 FallDownMarigold wrote:
Right, which I addressed by noting the issue where he isn't able to show his methods (yet) due to patent concerns. Certain people in this thread have brought up arguments against the very idea of "free energy" in a dogmatic way, thus my story and the subsequent examples provided by the next poster are perfectly fitting in this thread, directed at specific people.


I'm actually quite thankful you posted that...I always wondered whether the cherished peer-reviewed scientific method worked as simply and elegantly as some scientists like Richard Dawkins led me to believe, and that things are as black and white as either having evidence or not - where those that are deemed crackpots are the ones who simply don't have the evidence.

I was always concerned that scientists could actually be fallible to the same dogmatic beliefs as everyone else, even with all the safeguards they work with, and that this real issue of elitism was being ignored. Its kind of a relief to learn that there are lots of incidents like what you described, that can clearly show that it is an issue people should watch out for.
NicolBolas
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1388 Posts
October 29 2011 17:22 GMT
#363
On October 29 2011 23:22 FallDownMarigold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2011 23:13 rubio91 wrote:
You both are just saying that sometimes scientists have hard times "accepting" new theories. This is a well known statement----


Well known to science-enthusiasts, but not to others :-D

Also, the point is not quite "sometimes scientists have hard times 'accepting' new theories". It's a little bit more severe than that -- it's that sometimes an entire field is vastly fettered by old-standing dogma.


You say that like it's a bad thing.

You can cite many circumstances where inaccurate science was able to prevail for some time against newer accurate science that contradicted it. But what about all those times where dogma protected the establishment from nonsense? Oh, nobody records that, because there's no point to it. It makes science look good, and nobody want to do that.

Plus, science does eventually get it right. Scientists are conservative by nature and by training; it is what allows them to keep nonsense out. But if some idea is right, it will eventually become accepted. It may take a few decades, but they do get it right eventually; that's the scientific method in practice by human beings.

I would much rather have overly skeptical scientists than overly accepting ones.
So you know, cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come up and talk to you, it's great. But if you try to talk to them, it doesn't always go so well. - Shigeru Miyamoto
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 17:38:12
October 29 2011 17:35 GMT
#364
Oh, shut up already about whether or not its okay to be so skeptical.

Look at this guy. "Hey I have a black box that makes energy but I won't let you see it and I'll throw in big words like 'cold fusion' and 'mystery catalyst.'"

Compare with these guys: "Hey we think we measured FTL particles, and here's why we're sure our measurement wasn't wrong, can anyone else figure out what the error is? Would be cool if we're not, but we'd have to reasonably explain the results and we can't seem to."

Oh, and for the reason I'm checking in... what happened? The 1MW plant demonstrated .5MW? Who was looking? I'm hearing stuff like "journalists" but never get any names and never see any published newspaper articles from people who actually attended the event. I will admit I haven't been looking particularly hard, but hey it's up to them to get my attention if they got something this big.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
October 29 2011 17:48 GMT
#365
On October 30 2011 02:35 BottleAbuser wrote:
Oh, shut up already about whether or not its okay to be so skeptical.

Look at this guy. "Hey I have a black box that makes energy but I won't let you see it and I'll throw in big words like 'cold fusion' and 'mystery catalyst.'"

Compare with these guys: "Hey we think we measured FTL particles, and here's why we're sure our measurement wasn't wrong, can anyone else figure out what the error is? Would be cool if we're not, but we'd have to reasonably explain the results and we can't seem to."

Oh, and for the reason I'm checking in... what happened? The 1MW plant demonstrated .5MW? Who was looking? I'm hearing stuff like "journalists" but never get any names and never see any published newspaper articles from people who actually attended the event. I will admit I haven't been looking particularly hard, but hey it's up to them to get my attention if they got something this big.

This entire thread actually reminds of the web site http://theflatearthsociety.org/
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
October 29 2011 18:04 GMT
#366
On October 30 2011 02:06 FallDownMarigold wrote:
Right, which I addressed by noting the issue where he isn't able to show his methods (yet) due to patent concerns. Certain people in this thread have brought up arguments against the very idea of "free energy" in a dogmatic way, thus my story and the subsequent examples provided by the next poster are perfectly fitting in this thread, directed at specific people.


His reasons are irrelevant, the lack of any solid verifiable evidence makes it impossible to rule out both a scam and a real, working device. Sure, if I say I have a big black box that produces energy in an unspecified way then it's dogmatic to say that's impossible. Worse: it's probably outright wrong. But the fact that some people will make this mistake doesn't make it any more likely that I'm telling the truth.

BTW, supporters commit the same error when they say it's impossible he's somehow cheating. Or that the fact that no one managed to tell exactly how he's cheating proves that the device works.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
October 29 2011 21:09 GMT
#367
On October 30 2011 02:35 BottleAbuser wrote:
Oh, shut up already about whether or not its okay to be so skeptical.

Look at this guy. "Hey I have a black box that makes energy but I won't let you see it and I'll throw in big words like 'cold fusion' and 'mystery catalyst.'"

Compare with these guys: "Hey we think we measured FTL particles, and here's why we're sure our measurement wasn't wrong, can anyone else figure out what the error is? Would be cool if we're not, but we'd have to reasonably explain the results and we can't seem to."

Oh, and for the reason I'm checking in... what happened? The 1MW plant demonstrated .5MW? Who was looking? I'm hearing stuff like "journalists" but never get any names and never see any published newspaper articles from people who actually attended the event. I will admit I haven't been looking particularly hard, but hey it's up to them to get my attention if they got something this big.

Compare with who? People who's research can't result in massive financial gain? Rossi isn't acting as a scientist, he's acting as an entrepreneur, so none of that matters at all.

And I've seen 4-5 articles about the test on different new sites already. If you aren't looking for articles, don't whine about not seeing any.
Traeon
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria366 Posts
October 29 2011 21:14 GMT
#368
The 1MW plant demonstrated .5MW?


If real, you're like a guy saying that the moon landing was disappointing because only one instead of two astronauts actually walked on the surface...
Soleron
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1324 Posts
October 29 2011 21:23 GMT
#369


And I've seen 4-5 articles about the test on different new sites already. If you aren't looking for articles, don't whine about not seeing any.


Any news sites that existed before this year? How about ones that also have a paper circulation?
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
October 29 2011 21:32 GMT
#370
On October 30 2011 06:14 Traeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
The 1MW plant demonstrated .5MW?


If real, you're like a guy saying that the moon landing was disappointing because only one instead of two astronauts actually walked on the surface...


Put in context of his post I don't think that's what he meant.

However, if he really meant it like that then it should be made clear that from the customers request the plant was run without any input power after the startup which is more unstable so they "scaled" it down to keep components from overheating uncontrollably.

Don't ask me why the customer wanted the test to be run without any input power.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
October 29 2011 21:35 GMT
#371
On October 30 2011 06:23 Soleron wrote:
Show nested quote +


And I've seen 4-5 articles about the test on different new sites already. If you aren't looking for articles, don't whine about not seeing any.


Any news sites that existed before this year? How about ones that also have a paper circulation?


NyTeknik is Swedens biggest technology focused newspaper.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
October 29 2011 21:43 GMT
#372
Man, this has dragged on for so long without any evidence.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
October 29 2011 22:36 GMT
#373
On October 30 2011 06:43 koreasilver wrote:
Man, this has dragged on for so long without any evidence.

lol I was just thinking....

I've been popping into this thread periodically for months now and I feel like not a fucking thing has changed. I'm still sitting here waiting for answers. I least I don't have my hopes up like these people ^
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 23:13:46
October 29 2011 23:09 GMT
#374
On October 30 2011 06:35 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 06:23 Soleron wrote:


And I've seen 4-5 articles about the test on different new sites already. If you aren't looking for articles, don't whine about not seeing any.


Any news sites that existed before this year? How about ones that also have a paper circulation?


NyTeknik is Swedens biggest technology focused newspaper.

It is also a tabloid that writes about anything, even rumors. They report whatever is deemed as sensational or that attracts the most hits. They are in no way qualified to determine if Cold fusion is real or not.

On October 30 2011 06:09 ThaZenith wrote:
And I've seen 4-5 articles about the test on different new sites already. If you aren't looking for articles, don't whine about not seeing any.

Doesn't that make you just a little curious? Some guy just created cold fusion and the only people that reports it are tabloids and general media who has no fucking clue about this.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
October 29 2011 23:20 GMT
#375
I'd like to think that cold fusion exists. It would go a long way in helping us survive these rough economic times. But I really doubt this is the real thing. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to build my hopes over this.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
October 29 2011 23:23 GMT
#376
On October 30 2011 07:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 06:43 koreasilver wrote:
Man, this has dragged on for so long without any evidence.

lol I was just thinking....

I've been popping into this thread periodically for months now and I feel like not a fucking thing has changed. I'm still sitting here waiting for answers. I least I don't have my hopes up like these people ^

It just seems like the prudent thing to do is just to assume it's a hoax, since there has been nothing to make us feel otherwise, until some real evidence is given.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
October 30 2011 00:06 GMT
#377
The whole idea of "free energy" is based on a misunderstanding of quantum field theory. Just because the minimum energy for a base level of a quantum field with no particles is higher than the generally agreed-on but arbitrary zero point, some people keep thinking it must be possible to "access" that non-zero "zero point energy." It doesn't have to be possible, it's a convention of notation.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
This is Aru
Profile Joined August 2010
United States91 Posts
October 30 2011 00:41 GMT
#378
This is not real science, as they refused to show what they were doing.
aka Kasaaz
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 01:19:04
October 30 2011 01:18 GMT
#379
On October 30 2011 08:09 Integra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 06:09 ThaZenith wrote:
And I've seen 4-5 articles about the test on different new sites already. If you aren't looking for articles, don't whine about not seeing any.

Doesn't that make you just a little curious? Some guy just created cold fusion and the only people that reports it are tabloids and general media who has no fucking clue about this.

Not really. Until it's been proven no big media sources will report about it. And that won't happen until he's sure he'll get his money's worth. I'm waiting for proof like anyone else. I don't lose anything from following the story, so I don't see why everyone cares so much about who's willing to be optimistic or not.

Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
October 30 2011 02:43 GMT
#380
On October 30 2011 10:18 ThaZenith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 08:09 Integra wrote:
On October 30 2011 06:09 ThaZenith wrote:
And I've seen 4-5 articles about the test on different new sites already. If you aren't looking for articles, don't whine about not seeing any.

Doesn't that make you just a little curious? Some guy just created cold fusion and the only people that reports it are tabloids and general media who has no fucking clue about this.

Not really. Until it's been proven no big media sources will report about it. And that won't happen until he's sure he'll get his money's worth. I'm waiting for proof like anyone else. I don't lose anything from following the story, so I don't see why everyone cares so much about who's willing to be optimistic or not.


yea, I'm in the same boat, have a cold fusion reactor myself but to afraid to show it off since someone might steal it. People will have to pay me THEN I'll prove it actually works.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 51 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31162
Bisu 2702
Shuttle 1679
Hyuk 1013
Mini 819
EffOrt 818
Larva 422
Soma 380
ZerO 243
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
hero 137
sorry 72
Sexy 57
Hyun 46
PianO 45
Mong 42
Pusan 37
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 28
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1146
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr24
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
INu's Battles
19h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.