• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:59
CEST 03:59
KST 10:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7014 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 180

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 783 Next
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 10 2015 05:03 GMT
#3581
On January 10 2015 10:47 Zess wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 10:09 IgnE wrote:
Are people fluent in Chinese/Korean/Japanese able to distinguish their respective symbols as easily I distinguish between latin letters in helvetica font? I have to stare at those letters so hard to even find the difference. Maybe it's like reading things in some extremely gaudy font.

[image loading]

Reading things like that all day would be horrible.

Everyone has a slightly different script when writing chinese fast in a "cursive" like manner where you are lazy about your characters and make things rounder. It's around the same as reading English script; small parts of the word/character are hard to distinguish but overall it follows some pattern/shape and based on the surrounding context you can fairly easily figure out what the word was and read it fine.

I can barely distinguish any letters in the script example you have posted, but it is still simple to read:

The Latin alphabet owing to ...
causes, finally displaced the other na[?] ...
scripts of Italy. As the alphabe[t] ..
of Rome, it became the alphabet o[f] ..
Latin Christendon and the life[? lite? ?]...
alphabet of Europe and America

If I had to guess,

The Latin alphabet, owing to many causes, finally displaced the other native scripts of Italy. As the alphabet of Rome, it became the litera(ry/l, unsure here) alphabet of Europe and America.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-10 05:04:15
January 10 2015 05:04 GMT
#3582
[image loading]

I was close, it's actually this
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
January 10 2015 05:59 GMT
#3583
So I have a Logitech Mini Optical Football edition for sale. Am I allowed to advertise that in the ultimate mouse thread?

[image loading]
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
January 10 2015 06:06 GMT
#3584
On January 10 2015 14:04 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
[image loading]

I was close, it's actually this


You guys know that I know you can deciper it right? The point was to emphasize how annoying it is to read, not that it can't be read. Imagine reading a dense book written entirely in that font.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
January 10 2015 08:41 GMT
#3585
On January 10 2015 15:06 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2015 14:04 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
[image loading]

I was close, it's actually this


You guys know that I know you can deciper it right? The point was to emphasize how annoying it is to read, not that it can't be read. Imagine reading a dense book written entirely in that font.


Imagine *enjoying* a dense book written entirely in that font.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 10 2015 16:16 GMT
#3586
I'd be ok with it
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 10 2015 23:25 GMT
#3587
Is there a way to manually set what the 8 quick links are in a new chrome tab?
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 10 2015 23:28 GMT
#3588
is the porn now in your quick links?
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 10 2015 23:41 GMT
#3589
No I use incognito, and it's already possible to delete links. Just not sure how to add a specific one.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-11 00:30:09
January 11 2015 00:00 GMT
#3590
On January 11 2015 08:41 Najda wrote:
No I use incognito, and it's already possible to delete links. Just not sure how to add a specific one.

I believe they're just your first eight bookmarks so you can delete and add them again till they're in the order you prefer. Once they're there you can just click and drag them around.

Edit: Oh wait you mean the ones at the bottom...not so sure about those.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-11 00:11:02
January 11 2015 00:10 GMT
#3591
On January 11 2015 08:25 Najda wrote:
Is there a way to manually set what the 8 quick links are in a new chrome tab?



Took me forever to get TL back on there since I accidentally X'd it off. Now a I have one to a random thread on TL but I've kept it because I haven't figured out how to place one.

I noticed that they were frequently visited pages so I just took one off and kept going to different TL pages till it stuck. I think it was the ones I manually entered in the address bar (cut and paste is fine) too but not exclusively. If someone definitively knows this I'd like to know too.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
parkin
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
1091 Posts
January 11 2015 00:15 GMT
#3592
Every game the hot-keys for my hero, courier, units etc that i make gets reset. I have steam cloud sync on. Anyone know how to fix this?
mostly harmless
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 11 2015 03:57 GMT
#3593
On January 11 2015 09:10 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2015 08:25 Najda wrote:
Is there a way to manually set what the 8 quick links are in a new chrome tab?



Took me forever to get TL back on there since I accidentally X'd it off. Now a I have one to a random thread on TL but I've kept it because I haven't figured out how to place one.

I noticed that they were frequently visited pages so I just took one off and kept going to different TL pages till it stuck. I think it was the ones I manually entered in the address bar (cut and paste is fine) too but not exclusively. If someone definitively knows this I'd like to know too.


Once a window is removed from the quicklinks I don't think it will ever re-appear without resetting your browser settings unless there's an option to do it manually somewhere.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
January 12 2015 04:15 GMT
#3594
What tools does an average guy need at his place for general house maintenance things to get done? I have a batallion of screwdrivers, a precision/torx kit and the regular bits, I have a hammer, I was wondering if I'm expected to have a socket wrench set and other such stuff. Socket wrench kits are cool as fuck.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
January 12 2015 08:06 GMT
#3595
You'll probably need a power drill at some point for fixing stuff to walls.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
January 12 2015 09:44 GMT
#3596
On January 12 2015 13:15 Djzapz wrote:
What tools does an average guy need at his place for general house maintenance things to get done? I have a batallion of screwdrivers, a precision/torx kit and the regular bits, I have a hammer, I was wondering if I'm expected to have a socket wrench set and other such stuff. Socket wrench kits are cool as fuck.

A multimeter for checking the electrics. A pair of pliers (with wire cutter) and some electrical tape for fixing the most common electric problems.

If you have a lot of wood in the house then basic woodworking tools: workbench, saw, grade, sandpaper and some pieces of wood to replace broken/rotting bits.

Obviously painting tools: couple of rollers, couple of brushes, turpentine if you use oil-based paints or varnish. Putty and a putty knife for filling holes.

If you have a garden, then gardening tools.

An assortment of nails, screws and plugs is always useful.

Won't recommend stuff for plumbing, because I don't know how to do most plumbing tasks. In general you will need a variety of wrenches and some sealant for the most basic tasks.
Pughy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Wales662 Posts
January 15 2015 02:26 GMT
#3597
On January 09 2015 10:48 fruity. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2015 10:11 Acrofales wrote:
On January 09 2015 06:03 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Does England still have that law where an Englishman can shoot a Welshman with a crossbow inside a walled city within certain hours?



Do you plan on shooting a Welshman?


Flee Pughy!!! Run for the hills now, you can still escape.


Thanks for the heads up :p
Commentatorwww.twitter.com/pughydude www.twitch.tv/pughydude
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
January 15 2015 09:18 GMT
#3598
what are the requirements to play on fish ladder? i cant join the ladder channel and got some ???????/lc something. when i type /lc i get just questionmarks.
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
January 15 2015 12:16 GMT
#3599
On January 15 2015 18:18 vanatir wrote:
what are the requirements to play on fish ladder? i cant join the ladder channel and got some ???????/lc something. when i type /lc i get just questionmarks.

You have to be online for 24 hours or I think play something like 30 melee games, leave it on overnight or something to rack up the hours.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
lastpuritan
Profile Joined December 2014
United States540 Posts
January 19 2015 03:00 GMT
#3600
what maybe the alternative drink to ice tea?

that thing was an alternative to coke.

so DONT SAY WATER, it takes time to get down there.

some facts:

* switched to hot coffee, that almost made me coffee addict. damn i like it. but i prefer something cold.
* switched to cappy fruit juices, waaaaaaaay tooo sweet.
* lemonade is not my type.
* even tried ayran and some other weird stuff, too heavy.
* milkshake was the worst choice. it makes me fat + burns my stomach.

GOD DAMN.
Prev 1 178 179 180 181 182 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 165
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 252
Bale 19
Terrorterran 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
Doublelift5955
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
taco 45
minikerr28
Other Games
summit1g12010
C9.Mang0367
PiLiPiLi11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
BasetradeTV168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 1m
Replay Cast
21h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.