• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:34
CEST 04:34
KST 11:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6667 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 182

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 783 Next
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-19 18:36:38
January 19 2015 18:35 GMT
#3621
On January 20 2015 02:17 Just_a_Moth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 17:26 xM(Z wrote:
healthy, concentrated juices/syrup made out of different berries (ex:seaberry) or conifers (ex: pine and cedar). you dilute it in water and server it cold.
it can come made with berries in honey or with berries in sugar (which is already split in glucose and fructose; they have a weird term for it here which i don't know how to translate).
different berries have different flavors so you can chose them based on your taste and you can also adjust the water quantity with time.
(i should refresh more often)

Is there an actual name for this stuff? Cause I want to look how to make it or where to buy it.

i was talking about something like this:
http://www.steaua-divina.ro/produse/7/siropuri
http://www.steaua-divina.ro/produse/17/siropuri-in-miere
but, the site is only in romanian and i don't see them shipping outside the country.
they are advertized as made through cold maceration processes and contain 70% fruit and 30% invert sugar + deionized water.

i don't even know what to google to get something in english , ehow maybe? http://www.ehow.com/how_7348904_juice-sea-buckthorn.html , searched fruit by fruit?
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
January 19 2015 18:37 GMT
#3622
Your name is lastpuritan.
Drink that god damn water

question: How is the tap water in the us? I never understood why so many people buy water.
TL+ Member
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
January 19 2015 18:43 GMT
#3623
I only ever did it for conveniences sake. a quick water on the go.

now I just keep a water bottle at work and refill it at the fountain.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
January 19 2015 20:28 GMT
#3624
On January 20 2015 00:21 farvacola wrote:
You can pry my diet coke from my cold, dead hands.

Settle down there Heston. :p
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
January 19 2015 20:29 GMT
#3625
On January 20 2015 03:37 Paljas wrote:
Your name is lastpuritan.
Drink that god damn water

question: How is the tap water in the us? I never understood why so many people buy water.

Very very location dependent. I have no issues with MN tap water in general, go far enough out, and as usual it is well water instead of municipal sources. I would hesitate if I lived in NYC, as I didn't drink from the tap when I lived in China (though I likely bought just as shitty water there) it was psychosomatic safety.
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
January 19 2015 21:02 GMT
#3626
On January 20 2015 03:35 xM(Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2015 02:17 Just_a_Moth wrote:
On January 19 2015 17:26 xM(Z wrote:
healthy, concentrated juices/syrup made out of different berries (ex:seaberry) or conifers (ex: pine and cedar). you dilute it in water and server it cold.
it can come made with berries in honey or with berries in sugar (which is already split in glucose and fructose; they have a weird term for it here which i don't know how to translate).
different berries have different flavors so you can chose them based on your taste and you can also adjust the water quantity with time.
(i should refresh more often)

Is there an actual name for this stuff? Cause I want to look how to make it or where to buy it.

i was talking about something like this:
http://www.steaua-divina.ro/produse/7/siropuri
http://www.steaua-divina.ro/produse/17/siropuri-in-miere
but, the site is only in romanian and i don't see them shipping outside the country.
they are advertized as made through cold maceration processes and contain 70% fruit and 30% invert sugar + deionized water.

i don't even know what to google to get something in english , ehow maybe? http://www.ehow.com/how_7348904_juice-sea-buckthorn.html , searched fruit by fruit?

Oh thanks a lot. I can sort of understand the Romanian site.
Avaek
Profile Joined June 2011
New Zealand49 Posts
January 19 2015 21:14 GMT
#3627
Is the GSTL still around? Or is there a team based tournament in that format, where the first player out can potentially get an all-kill?
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
January 20 2015 09:47 GMT
#3628
In the movie Naked Gun 33 1/3 is the scene where they are in the disco club in 70s or 80s/the big afro scene /

I don't get the Cigarette? Yes, I know. part... What am I missing?

Scene to see here>
+ Show Spoiler +
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
January 20 2015 09:58 GMT
#3629
On January 20 2015 18:47 deacon.frost wrote:
In the movie Naked Gun 33 1/3 is the scene where they are in the disco club in 70s or 80s/the big afro scene /

I don't get the Cigarette? Yes, I know. part... What am I missing?

Scene to see here>
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADJPmigW9s


The joke is that he indirectly offers her a cigarette, however she takes the sentence literal as if he is telling her what it is.

It's one of those "Dad jokes" like "I'm hungry" --> "Hey Hungry, I'm Dad" or the "Miss, can I go to the toilet" --> "I don't know, can you?"
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
January 20 2015 10:20 GMT
#3630
On January 20 2015 18:58 Ghostcom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2015 18:47 deacon.frost wrote:
In the movie Naked Gun 33 1/3 is the scene where they are in the disco club in 70s or 80s/the big afro scene /

I don't get the Cigarette? Yes, I know. part... What am I missing?

Scene to see here>
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADJPmigW9s


The joke is that he indirectly offers her a cigarette, however she takes the sentence literal as if he is telling her what it is.

It's one of those "Dad jokes" like "I'm hungry" --> "Hey Hungry, I'm Dad" or the "Miss, can I go to the toilet" --> "I don't know, can you?"

Thanks! The movies are full of these jokes, why I did not get this one is mystery to me :D Thanks a lot
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 20 2015 11:02 GMT
#3631
Surely you can't be serious?
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 11:08:02
January 20 2015 11:07 GMT
#3632
If a girl says she is 'bay area born and bred' to which area is she referring to?
Dating thread on TL LUL
Yoav
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1874 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 11:09:07
January 20 2015 11:08 GMT
#3633
In the US, usually San Francisco/Oakland/PaloAlto. Occasionally the Chesapeake, but that's more a local thing.
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
January 20 2015 11:13 GMT
#3634
Thanks I love the US so much, if I get into a PhD there I will explode from happiness
Dating thread on TL LUL
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
January 20 2015 12:06 GMT
#3635
On January 20 2015 20:08 Yoav wrote:
In the US, usually San Francisco/Oakland/PaloAlto. Occasionally the Chesapeake, but that's more a local thing.

I would say San Francisco more than Oakland, I mean it is referred to as the city by the bay.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
January 20 2015 12:26 GMT
#3636
On January 20 2015 21:06 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2015 20:08 Yoav wrote:
In the US, usually San Francisco/Oakland/PaloAlto. Occasionally the Chesapeake, but that's more a local thing.

I would say San Francisco more than Oakland, I mean it is referred to as the city by the bay.


Nah, the Bay area is actually defined as the 9 counties surrounding San Pablo Bay and San Francisco Bay.

From my experience living in San Francisco, people would definitely still refer to themselves as living in the Bay area in not only Oakland but also San Jose.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 20 2015 13:06 GMT
#3637
Afaik, the Bay Area is where one gets hyphy and ghost rides the whip.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 13:15:34
January 20 2015 13:13 GMT
#3638
I heard a joke that I don't get: a guy said 'if you want to make someone from New Jersey angry, ask him at which freeway exit does he live'

Care to explain?
Dating thread on TL LUL
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 13:20:33
January 20 2015 13:19 GMT
#3639
New Jersey is a state full of massive highways like the Garden State Parkway. Jersey folks tend to have thick skins, though, so I don't see that joke working too often.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
January 20 2015 13:21 GMT
#3640
On January 20 2015 22:19 farvacola wrote:
New Jersey is a state full of massive highways like the Garden State Parkway. Jersey folks tend to have thick skins, though, so I don't see that joke working too often.


so other states make fun of it? It doesn't sound ver comical to me o.o
Dating thread on TL LUL
Prev 1 180 181 182 183 184 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings108
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft343
ByuN 273
RuFF_SC2 159
ViBE95
CosmosSc2 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2322
GuemChi 1371
MaD[AoV]270
Sharp 189
910 63
Bale 16
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever392
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 751
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox834
Other Games
summit1g8960
Day[9].tv811
JimRising 598
C9.Mang0380
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick805
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• EnkiAlexander 51
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo485
Other Games
• Day9tv811
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 26m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.