• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:19
CEST 15:19
KST 22:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War465.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7917 users

Beer Appreciation Thread - Page 27

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 32 Next All
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
October 09 2013 16:54 GMT
#521
Okay, now the US government shut down is crossing the line! :D


Stores will still offer plenty of suds. But the shutdown has closed an obscure agency that quietly approves new breweries, recipes and labels, which could create huge delays throughout the rapidly growing craft industry, whose customers expect a constant supply of inventive and seasonal beers.

Mike Brenner is trying to open a craft brewery in Milwaukee by December. His application to include a tasting room is now on hold, as are his plans to file paperwork for four labels over the next few weeks. He expects to lose about $8,000 for every month his opening is delayed.

"My dream, this is six years in the making, is to open this brewery," Brenner said. "I've been working so hard, and I find all these great investors. And now I can't get started because people are fighting over this or that in Washington. ... This is something people don't mess around with. Even in a bad economy, people drink beer."

The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, or TTB, is a little-known arm of the Treasury Department. The agency will continue to process taxes from existing permit holders, but applications for anything new are in limbo.

The closing isn't expected to have much effect on industry giants such as MillerCoors or Anheuser-Busch. They can continue to produce existing products as usual. But the shutdown poses a huge problem for craft brewers, who build their businesses by producing quirky, offbeat flavors and introducing new seasonal beers, sometimes as often as every quarter.

Craft brewers around the country say TTB was taking as long as 75 days to approve applications before the shutdown. Now they're bracing for even longer waits. And tempers are flaring.

Lagunitas Chief Operating Officer Todd Stevenson called the TTB shutdown a "headache." He said the company was planning to submit an application to package its autumn seasonal Hairy Eyeball in 22-ounce bottles instead of 12-ounce bottles but can't move forward.


Source
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
Batcha
Profile Joined November 2010
Bosnia-Herzegovina72 Posts
October 09 2013 19:19 GMT
#522
This is something people don't mess around with. Even in a bad economy, people drink beer.

That line really cracked me up!. :D
Beer enthusiasts of USA, you have my sincere condolences!
stander pitch
Profile Joined October 2013
China6 Posts
October 10 2013 01:57 GMT
#523
Germany beer: Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock
Belgian beer: leffe, Karmeliet
American beer: rogue amber ale
English beer: spitfire and brewdog hardcore(maybe it's Scottish)
chinese beer: babyipa (I think no one tasted it in this forum )
stander pitch
Profile Joined October 2013
China6 Posts
October 10 2013 01:59 GMT
#524
On September 28 2013 06:31 Paraietta wrote:

Here's some of the ones from my last Beerhawk order. Punk IPA and rochefort 10 are especially wonderful.

(edit whoa gigantic image oops)

punk is great ,but in brewdog ,my favorite is hardcore
sUgArMaNiAc
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia110 Posts
October 10 2013 04:33 GMT
#525
Haven't been on TL for ages, first thread back is this. Lately it's gotten hot too fast (Temps already reaching 38 degrees Celsius) and its only the start of spring so I'm dreading summer. If I drink it's usually scotch but lately this craving for refreshment has hit me and left me with Miller Chill beer with a twist of lime. Great stuff for the hot climate. Then again most Aussies that live in Queensland will accept any cold beer on a hot day.
No luck catching those swans then?
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-10 06:17:43
October 10 2013 06:15 GMT
#526
Being from the great beer city of San Diego, it's safe to say I'm a pretty big beer fan. I will never drink beer for the sake of drinking beer. It's something I enjoy, or I won't bother. Any really good ale, especially IPAs and pale ales, are my go-to drink. I'm not really a lager guy, even though I've had some pretty decent German stuff over the past year and a half.

If I had to go with my 3 favorite breweries, they'd probably be Stone, Ballast Point, and Green Flash. Ballast Point's Sculpin IPA is a real treat . My favorite pale ale is Sierra Nevada's. I really like most of Widmer Brothers' beer too (funnily enough, I spent a summer in Portland, the other biggest beer city in the US).
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
October 11 2013 17:34 GMT
#527
I'm going to The Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado.

What brewers should I check out from out of state?
Who needs players when you have God?
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
October 11 2013 17:42 GMT
#528
On October 12 2013 02:34 SafeWord wrote:
I'm going to The Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado.

What brewers should I check out from out of state?

Great Divide and Oskar Blues are two of my favorite breweries in the Denver area (and Oskar blues' facility is pretty sweet too).
Moderator
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-11 18:12:21
October 11 2013 18:11 GMT
#529
On October 12 2013 02:34 SafeWord wrote:
I'm going to The Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado.

What brewers should I check out from out of state?

Are you an experienced beer drinker or would you characterize your knowledge as limited? If you're looking for great breweries that have come to be somewhat known quantities, I would check out:

21st Amendment
Anderson Valley
Ballast Point
Bear Republic
Dogfish Head
Firestone Walker
Green Flash
Sixpoint
Stone

I usually consider myself pretty knowledgeable about beer, though, and I've never heard of half these breweries. The fun thing about beer festivals is discovering beer you'll never really get to try anywhere else.

EDIT: I took out of state to mean not from CO, so I have no CO breweries on the list
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-11 21:06:10
October 11 2013 21:01 GMT
#530
On October 12 2013 03:11 upperbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2013 02:34 SafeWord wrote:
I'm going to The Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado.

What brewers should I check out from out of state?

Are you an experienced beer drinker or would you characterize your knowledge as limited? If you're looking for great breweries that have come to be somewhat known quantities, I would check out:

21st Amendment
Anderson Valley
Ballast Point
Bear Republic
Dogfish Head
Firestone Walker
Green Flash
Sixpoint
Stone

I usually consider myself pretty knowledgeable about beer, though, and I've never heard of half these breweries. The fun thing about beer festivals is discovering beer you'll never really get to try anywhere else.

EDIT: I took out of state to mean not from CO, so I have no CO breweries on the list


My knowledge is quite limited, I have a friend who got me into beer because he brews his own beer. I don't like IPAs and that is about it. My favorite are; Nitro milk stout, tommyknocker maple brown, and I love wheat beer. And yes that meant no CO brewers, I live in CO so no point.
Who needs players when you have God?
renoB
Profile Joined June 2012
United States170 Posts
October 11 2013 21:27 GMT
#531
On October 12 2013 03:11 upperbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2013 02:34 SafeWord wrote:
I'm going to The Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado.

What brewers should I check out from out of state?

Are you an experienced beer drinker or would you characterize your knowledge as limited? If you're looking for great breweries that have come to be somewhat known quantities, I would check out:

21st Amendment
Anderson Valley
Ballast Point
Bear Republic
Dogfish Head
Firestone Walker
Green Flash
Sixpoint
Stone

I usually consider myself pretty knowledgeable about beer, though, and I've never heard of half these breweries. The fun thing about beer festivals is discovering beer you'll never really get to try anywhere else.

EDIT: I took out of state to mean not from CO, so I have no CO breweries on the list

I've definitely been enjoying Anderson Valley (they stock it consistently at the trader joes by me), dogfish head, and firestone. I will have to try the rest of the beers on this list. I've had stone, and its pretty readily available anywhere I've looked in socal.

I love IPA's... what a great thread this is.
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
October 12 2013 05:41 GMT
#532
On October 12 2013 06:01 SafeWord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2013 03:11 upperbound wrote:
On October 12 2013 02:34 SafeWord wrote:
I'm going to The Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado.

What brewers should I check out from out of state?

Are you an experienced beer drinker or would you characterize your knowledge as limited? If you're looking for great breweries that have come to be somewhat known quantities, I would check out:

21st Amendment
Anderson Valley
Ballast Point
Bear Republic
Dogfish Head
Firestone Walker
Green Flash
Sixpoint
Stone

I usually consider myself pretty knowledgeable about beer, though, and I've never heard of half these breweries. The fun thing about beer festivals is discovering beer you'll never really get to try anywhere else.

EDIT: I took out of state to mean not from CO, so I have no CO breweries on the list


My knowledge is quite limited, I have a friend who got me into beer because he brews his own beer. I don't like IPAs and that is about it. My favorite are; Nitro milk stout, tommyknocker maple brown, and I love wheat beer. And yes that meant no CO brewers, I live in CO so no point.

I clearly misread your question... that list is pretty good. I would add AleSmith, Deschutes, Gigantic, Hangar 24, Russian River and The Bruery to the list as Breweries to give a look. I could easily recommend more, but these should be more than enough.
Moderator
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
November 06 2013 20:23 GMT
#533
Packing up to move last weekend, found an unopened bottle of 2009 Utopia I got as a gift... choices choices.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
white_horse
Profile Joined July 2010
1019 Posts
November 06 2013 21:29 GMT
#534
Do you all know if there is a kind of beer that is not bitter? I don't like how beer often tastes bitter/sour.
Translator
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
November 06 2013 21:54 GMT
#535
I don't like beer that's too bitter as well. For a light drink I recommend

[image loading]


You can always try Raspberry Shocktops too. They're quite delicious lol.
Writer
renoB
Profile Joined June 2012
United States170 Posts
November 06 2013 22:42 GMT
#536
On November 07 2013 06:54 Souma wrote:
I don't like beer that's too bitter as well. For a light drink I recommend

[image loading]


You can always try Raspberry Shocktops too. They're quite delicious lol.

I had a blueberry wheat beer this weekend. It was definitely interesting. It smells damn delicious, but when the blueberry taste ends on your tongue it just tasted like carbonated water

But I don't much care for lighter beers, so it was probably just my IPA loving bias.
MightyBill
Profile Joined October 2013
93 Posts
November 12 2013 10:32 GMT
#537
On November 07 2013 06:29 white_horse wrote:
Do you all know if there is a kind of beer that is not bitter? I don't like how beer often tastes bitter/sour.


One of the easy to start with special beers is La Chouffe. I personally think it's one of the more complete beers. Not too sweet, but definitely not bitter. It is 8% though, so if you drink a few of them too fast you will feel the alcohol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Chouffe
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
November 17 2013 15:52 GMT
#538
On November 07 2013 06:29 white_horse wrote:
Do you all know if there is a kind of beer that is not bitter? I don't like how beer often tastes bitter/sour.


Are you looking for a sweeter finish? Traveler makes a whole range of Shandy ales. My favorite is the Jack-O pumpkin shandy. Its too sweet for me to drink as a session beer but its great for a bottle or two when I'm in the mood for something other than Belgians.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
November 17 2013 18:13 GMT
#539
First time seeing rouge dead guy ale or w/e its called. Got excited until I saw it was $15.99 a six pack. Wtf?
dude bro.
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-17 18:59:32
November 17 2013 18:59 GMT
#540
On November 18 2013 03:13 heliusx wrote:
First time seeing rouge dead guy ale or w/e its called. Got excited until I saw it was $15.99 a six pack. Wtf?


for some reason that beer is always horribly overpriced. you could get it in portland fine but when I moved to seattle it got way more expensive. they have some shitty distribution or something, idk

i mean it's a fine beer and all but it's not THAT good
shikata ga nai
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 256
TKL 214
CranKy Ducklings98
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1149
Lowko494
TKL 214
IndyStarCraft 203
Serral 189
Rex 118
ProTech96
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 61649
Free 2430
Jaedong 1930
BeSt 619
Horang2 322
firebathero 227
Zeus 188
Last 108
Hyun 106
Pusan 82
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 80
910 35
soO 32
Aegong 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 16
Sacsri 11
Trap 10
Icarus 7
Rock 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6945
Dendi1039
XaKoH 445
canceldota80
Other Games
gofns29549
singsing2310
B2W.Neo481
byalli354
Pyrionflax296
ToD192
Mlord128
DeMusliM108
Liquid`VortiX73
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1819
League of Legends
• Jankos3485
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 41m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.