• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:10
CEST 23:10
KST 06:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8169 users

Beer Appreciation Thread - Page 28

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 32 Next All
o29
Profile Joined November 2010
United States220 Posts
November 18 2013 17:06 GMT
#541
On November 18 2013 03:59 sam!zdat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2013 03:13 heliusx wrote:
First time seeing rouge dead guy ale or w/e its called. Got excited until I saw it was $15.99 a six pack. Wtf?


for some reason that beer is always horribly overpriced. you could get it in portland fine but when I moved to seattle it got way more expensive. they have some shitty distribution or something, idk

i mean it's a fine beer and all but it's not THAT good


Agreed. I used to see it for around $13, right in line with the other Rogue beers. I'm not sure why their prices are so high. It honestly makes it a hard sell when I can get a 6 pack of Stone IPA for $10, which in my opinion is a much better beer than Dead Guy.
Mango
Profile Joined July 2006
Belgium522 Posts
November 19 2013 19:24 GMT
#542
On November 07 2013 06:29 white_horse wrote:
Do you all know if there is a kind of beer that is not bitter? I don't like how beer often tastes bitter/sour.

You can always try one of the fruitbeers. It is a very different taste compared to regular beer, they are most of the times very sweet of taste.
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
November 19 2013 19:41 GMT
#543
I can imagine this being pretty sweet.
Rowa
Profile Joined July 2010
Belgium962 Posts
November 21 2013 10:53 GMT
#544
I like winter, you can put a beer outside of the window and come back later to have it nice and cold.

But in Belgium, it'd better be the 3rd floor window.
♞ To obtain a bird's eyes is to turn a blizzard to a breeze ♞
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
November 21 2013 13:15 GMT
#545
yesterday I had a Doppelbock from the Monastery in Andechs, Germany. Really good beer, strong and full of flavours. Not a beer for every evening, though
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
November 21 2013 13:42 GMT
#546
Gaming history has gone down the road of more hoppy bitter beers. I started out hating it. I had heard before from the old fuddy duddies trying to keep kids away from alcohol that it tasted like piss. My first beer, I was inclined to agree with them (well, color and bad taste ... haven't actually tried piss). It was a Coors or Coors Light so go figure. Then detours into Vodka & Jaegermeister ... big rejections there (for chill settings not clubs). Second go to blue moon from a friend (man wheat beer is GOOD!). Now all kinds of stouts and I absolutely adore Stone Ruination, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, all kinds of IPAs.

Just tried Rogue Chocolate Stout recently ... maybe just a little too weird, for lack of a better term. Excited to go for more from this thread!
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
November 23 2013 15:45 GMT
#547
Had the Ommegang Abbey Ale Dubbel. Fantastic beer. Expensive and only comes in four packs but worth every penny.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
November 25 2013 18:42 GMT
#548
Going to an annual Thanksgiving Party by my friends and wondering whats a good case of pumpkin beer to bring along. I want to change it up a bit instead of the same cases of Golden Monkey/Allagesh I always bring/favor.

Also, I tried Duvel for the first time last week. Thought it was pretty good, but I'm still quite novice in terms of beer I suppose.

Never knew this thread even existed here. Thanks and cheers!
Forever Young
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 25 2013 19:03 GMT
#549
I've fallen in love with Guinness recently. Been drinking it almost exlusively.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
November 25 2013 19:06 GMT
#550
On November 26 2013 04:03 Holgerius wrote:
I've fallen in love with Guinness recently. Been drinking it almost exlusively.


Yeah try a black n tan with some harp or longbow. Its too bad Guinness costs $10 for a six pack of 11 ounce here
dude bro.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 25 2013 19:15 GMT
#551
On November 26 2013 04:06 heliusx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 04:03 Holgerius wrote:
I've fallen in love with Guinness recently. Been drinking it almost exlusively.


Yeah try a black n tan with some harp or longbow. Its too bad Guinness costs $10 for a six pack of 11 ounce here

Sounds interesting, never had a black and tan. Gonna try it out. :D
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
mainerd
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States347 Posts
November 25 2013 19:19 GMT
#552
On November 26 2013 03:42 sung_moon wrote:
Going to an annual Thanksgiving Party by my friends and wondering whats a good case of pumpkin beer to bring along. I want to change it up a bit instead of the same cases of Golden Monkey/Allagesh I always bring/favor.

Also, I tried Duvel for the first time last week. Thought it was pretty good, but I'm still quite novice in terms of beer I suppose.

Never knew this thread even existed here. Thanks and cheers!

The only pumpkin beer I can get locally is Shipyard Pumpkinhead, which isn't that great. You might take a look at Beer Advocate's list of pumpkin beers and see what is available to you.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/72
"Let me tell you, in eSTRO we had some circle jerks, straight up. It wasn't pretty." -NonY
renoB
Profile Joined June 2012
United States170 Posts
November 25 2013 21:30 GMT
#553
On November 26 2013 04:06 heliusx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 04:03 Holgerius wrote:
I've fallen in love with Guinness recently. Been drinking it almost exlusively.


Yeah try a black n tan with some harp or longbow. Its too bad Guinness costs $10 for a six pack of 11 ounce here

Guinness and Smithwicks... ridiculously good.

Also apparently Irish people don't like the term "black and tan" as it refers to the "Royal Irish Constabulary Reserve Force," so they call it a half and half. I don't know how much weight of an offense that holds, but wikipedia deemed it enough to include it in its page for black and tans.
heliusx
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States2306 Posts
November 25 2013 22:19 GMT
#554
On November 26 2013 06:30 renoB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 04:06 heliusx wrote:
On November 26 2013 04:03 Holgerius wrote:
I've fallen in love with Guinness recently. Been drinking it almost exlusively.


Yeah try a black n tan with some harp or longbow. Its too bad Guinness costs $10 for a six pack of 11 ounce here

Guinness and Smithwicks... ridiculously good.

Also apparently Irish people don't like the term "black and tan" as it refers to the "Royal Irish Constabulary Reserve Force," so they call it a half and half. I don't know how much weight of an offense that holds, but wikipedia deemed it enough to include it in its page for black and tans.


I'm not Irish so I have no idea. That's just what they called it when I was on the west coast for my job.
dude bro.
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-26 01:43:00
November 26 2013 01:41 GMT
#555
On November 26 2013 04:19 mainerd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2013 03:42 sung_moon wrote:
Going to an annual Thanksgiving Party by my friends and wondering whats a good case of pumpkin beer to bring along. I want to change it up a bit instead of the same cases of Golden Monkey/Allagesh I always bring/favor.

Also, I tried Duvel for the first time last week. Thought it was pretty good, but I'm still quite novice in terms of beer I suppose.

Never knew this thread even existed here. Thanks and cheers!

The only pumpkin beer I can get locally is Shipyard Pumpkinhead, which isn't that great. You might take a look at Beer Advocate's list of pumpkin beers and see what is available to you.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/72


If you can find Southern Tier Pumking, give that a whirl...tastes like pumpkin pie. Its pretty good if you're looking for something a bit sweeter. Uinta Punk'n one of my fall backs if nothing better is out tho I'm having a hard time finding it now. Not sweet but has a nice pumpkin taste, not like squash. Its not spectacular but is solid.
wingpawn
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Poland1342 Posts
December 07 2013 18:32 GMT
#556
Today I learned that Polish brewing companies aren't forced by law to put the full list of ingredients on their products; they are only obliged to list possible allergy-inducing ingerdents, providing they use any. I'm curious how it is in other countries? Because here, it feels so wrong to not have full info about what you're putting in your body, even though thousands of other food and drink products have that information. I would love to know how much hop really is inside the infamous stuff I have in shops.
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
December 07 2013 19:43 GMT
#557
On December 08 2013 03:32 wingpawn wrote:
Today I learned that Polish brewing companies aren't forced by law to put the full list of ingredients on their products; they are only obliged to list possible allergy-inducing ingerdents, providing they use any. I'm curious how it is in other countries? Because here, it feels so wrong to not have full info about what you're putting in your body, even though thousands of other food and drink products have that information. I would love to know how much hop really is inside the infamous stuff I have in shops.


same in the us, you don't have to list ingredients on alcohol
shikata ga nai
LeeDawg
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1306 Posts
January 29 2014 08:36 GMT
#558
Normally I find most beers by Sam Adams to be bland, overpriced, and mediocre, but the bar I work at got their new spring beer on draft recently, called Cold Snap. It's really good. A good wheat flavor with a bright taste overall. It would be my new favorite beer if we hadn't gotten the Saranac Prism White Ale on draft around the same time. Now that is a beer I could drink all day. Hoppy, but not overly bitter, with a smooth taste. It's somewhere between a Pale Ale and a Whitbier. Normally when I grab a drink after my shift, I would have a different beer each time, but lately it's been all prism, all day.
:-)
o29
Profile Joined November 2010
United States220 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-06 16:56:11
February 06 2014 16:48 GMT
#559
On January 29 2014 17:36 LeeDawg wrote:
Normally I find most beers by Sam Adams to be bland, overpriced, and mediocre, but the bar I work at got their new spring beer on draft recently, called Cold Snap. It's really good. A good wheat flavor with a bright taste overall. It would be my new favorite beer if we hadn't gotten the Saranac Prism White Ale on draft around the same time. Now that is a beer I could drink all day. Hoppy, but not overly bitter, with a smooth taste. It's somewhere between a Pale Ale and a Whitbier. Normally when I grab a drink after my shift, I would have a different beer each time, but lately it's been all prism, all day.


You liked Cold Snap? I thought it was pretty good for a Sam Adams beer, but still not something I'd pick up over other brews unless it was my only option. I guess compared to their Winter Lager it's a step in the right direction.

Speaking of Sam Adams, I never understood how they became so popular. They somehow are the biggest craft brewery in the US. It must be their rampantly annoying advertising. They're like the Bose or Monster Cable of beer -- overpriced and mostly driven by advertising to uninformed consumers.

Despite all that I will say that their Wee Heavy is pretty good. I might just have a thing for Scotch Ales, though.
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
February 06 2014 18:13 GMT
#560
A 30 pack of Natural Ice and I'm set!

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TheWorstBeers.asp
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O148
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 566
ZZZero.O 148
soO 53
Hyun 53
Dota 2
qojqva2308
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
Doublelift2337
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4800
Liquid`Hasu633
Other Games
summit1g6143
FrodaN1600
KnowMe352
Pyrionflax215
420jenkins184
Livibee182
QueenE98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
StarCraft 2
angryscii 35
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 77
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
• Shiphtur620
• Scarra449
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 50m
Patches Events
17h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 50m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.