• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:02
CEST 10:02
KST 17:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6840 users

Beer Appreciation Thread - Page 30

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-29 23:39:03
September 28 2014 07:19 GMT
#581
Went to my first beer/spirits/cider tasting festival today and it was amazing. Discovered so many new beers that were delicious (some not so great ones too of course) that I had never heard of. It was especially great since I got my ticket for free and had a friend DD. Tried alcohol from all over the globe. Had a great time :D

edit: I made note of a few that I especially liked:
Canuck Empire's Pumpkin Patch Ale
Canuck Empire's Stargazer (fucking amazing)
Alexander Keith's Galaxy Hop Ale
Wells and Young's Banana Bread Ale (also fucking amazing)
Stanley Park Brewery - Windstorm Ale (also fucking amazing)
Grimbergen Dubbel (I'm not a fan of darker beers but this was absolutely magnificent as well. Only tried it because I loved Grimbergen Blonde, but I'm glad I did!)
Erdinger Weissbeer (I've had this before but I couldn't help but have it again...)

If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
September 29 2014 23:44 GMT
#582
On August 27 2014 08:19 Grobyc wrote:
Cool, worth a try at least. I'm pretty sure I've seen co-op liquor stores around in BC, so I'll have to pop in and ask them next time I swing by one.

Thanks

Oh yeah, I was also able to finally find a liquor store whose warehouse carries the line of beer I was looking for (well a few of the beers in their line, thankfully the ones I'm looking for). Ordered it last week; the person at customer service said it will probably take 1.5-2 weeks for it to come in, but better late then never. Super excited :D
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-30 12:11:36
September 30 2014 12:11 GMT
#583
On September 28 2014 16:19 Grobyc wrote:
Erdinger Weissbeer (I've had this before but I couldn't help but have it again...)


If you like this, then the good news is that there are plenty of similar beers that you'll probably like even more. If you really enjoy it, try and get your hands on Julius Echter which is one of my favourite Weisses (I've found it in America so you might have a shot at getting it).

The best Weiss I've had is the VesterWeisse from Brewpub brewery in Copenhagen. I've no idea if you could get a hold of that (not sure if they sell it) but if you really like Weiss, I've not found anything better.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
September 30 2014 19:24 GMT
#584
Me brother and I both loved Erdinger Weissbeer. We had a 1664 Weissbeer which we enjoyed as well, though it wasn't quite as good. I'll look into those suggestions and see if I can order them in from the liquor stores in the area (if they don't stock them already). Thanks!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 04 2014 00:56 GMT
#585
beer came in :D

My god it's so good~

Only took a week to come in, not bad!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
October 04 2014 01:09 GMT
#586
Just had an amazing raspberry stout, Monkey Paw/Station Tavern's Raspberry Cocoamotive.

From their site:

This “stout” starts as an oat driven english pub ale. We added over 10 pounds per barrel of raspberries, as well as cocoa nibs and coffee beans. The roast of the two beans creates the aromatic and flavor qualities of a stout in the beer without contributing color. The finish is slightly sweet but clean from the tart raspberries. Served on nitro for a creamy mouth feel, try this one on its own or with some train wreck tots, believe me!
Writer
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
October 04 2014 16:42 GMT
#587
On October 04 2014 09:56 Grobyc wrote:
beer came in :D

My god it's so good~

Only took a week to come in, not bad!


What did you order?

Also, after going on a massive hunt for the "Norwegian" brewery I found the name and realised it was Austrian. No idea how I made that mistake, but here it is:

http://www.bevog.at/
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
October 04 2014 17:04 GMT
#588
did someone say meetup
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 04 2014 18:45 GMT
#589
On October 05 2014 01:42 Flicky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 09:56 Grobyc wrote:
beer came in :D

My god it's so good~

Only took a week to come in, not bad!


What did you order?

Also, after going on a massive hunt for the "Norwegian" brewery I found the name and realised it was Austrian. No idea how I made that mistake, but here it is:

http://www.bevog.at/

Grimbergen Blonde Ale, one of the beers (my favourite actually) that I tried in Europe this summer. It has the nicest, but subtle, caramel-like touch to it and a really good aftertaste that has me licking my lips after every sip. I had to order a minimum of 4 x 6packs, so in addition to what's in my fridge and cupboard already it might be a few weeks before I splurge on some more beer. But I'll be taking note of the ones you recommended and I'm sure I'll find them sometime before December.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
December 01 2014 05:27 GMT
#590
"Yeah, since you're staying the night, I'm gonna grab a six pack for us. You like IPAs right? I'll grab that."

Mo'fucka bought a 6 of Sierra Nevada Celebration. Perfect beer to enjoy while catching up and playing some Smash. Definitely fit the weather. Thank you snowstorm, for providing me with quality booze.

[image loading]

Review if you're into that shit
+ Show Spoiler +
Great amber color, nice pillowy head. Aroma was great. Mixture of fresh pine, some citrus and a touch of cinnamon (my friend smelt no cinnamon, I might just be crazy). Lingered in your nose for a tad, really quite sweet. Beer itself has some good malt to it, creamy and sweet, really just hits the spot on a cold snowy day. You start to get some citrus and then the bitterness hits. It's definitely there, but not terribly in your face. Comfortable level! I enjoyed it and I'm a hops guy. My pal liked it and he's not a huge IPA guy. Perfect beer for the season. Go grab it while it's in stock!
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
December 01 2014 08:32 GMT
#591
Bought a bunch of stuff today for a get together.

[image loading]

Lotta things just don't taste too great in a bottle. :| The Green Flash Double Stout tasted almost like medicine, which is a shame since it's one of my favorite stouts when I get it straight from the brewery. =_= And the California Creamin' Ale was not nearly as cream-soda'y as it is on tap.
Writer
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
December 01 2014 09:15 GMT
#592
[image loading]

It's pretty damn good. The haters say its not as heavy as something like Guiness, but it was brewed lighter on purpose, so take it as you will. It's a great combination of chocolate, coffee, and toastiness. Been drinking only this for 5 months and I havent gotten sick of it yet.
im deaf
Bourneq
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden800 Posts
December 01 2014 11:08 GMT
#593
Beer tastes really nice and makes me giggly.
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
December 01 2014 21:43 GMT
#594
On December 01 2014 17:32 Souma wrote:
Bought a bunch of stuff today for a get together.

[image loading]

Lotta things just don't taste too great in a bottle. :| The Green Flash Double Stout tasted almost like medicine, which is a shame since it's one of my favorite stouts when I get it straight from the brewery. =_= And the California Creamin' Ale was not nearly as cream-soda'y as it is on tap.

Well that's a let down, sorry to hear mate. Was really looking forward to trying CCA, now I might put that on hold until I go out West.

What's the amber ale you have in the middle there?
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
December 01 2014 21:46 GMT
#595
Karl Strauss' Amber, one of my favs. Still decent in a bottle, thankfully.
Writer
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
December 01 2014 21:49 GMT
#596
There should be a mod note about posting anything about Natty in here haha.
User was warned for too many mimes.
GettingIt
Profile Joined August 2011
1656 Posts
December 01 2014 21:58 GMT
#597
On December 01 2014 18:15 imBLIND wrote:
[image loading]

It's pretty damn good. The haters say its not as heavy as something like Guiness, but it was brewed lighter on purpose, so take it as you will. It's a great combination of chocolate, coffee, and toastiness. Been drinking only this for 5 months and I havent gotten sick of it yet.


Seems really tasty. Where do you find that?

imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-22 04:26:07
December 22 2014 04:25 GMT
#598
On December 02 2014 06:58 GettingIt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2014 18:15 imBLIND wrote:
[image loading]

It's pretty damn good. The haters say its not as heavy as something like Guiness, but it was brewed lighter on purpose, so take it as you will. It's a great combination of chocolate, coffee, and toastiness. Been drinking only this for 5 months and I havent gotten sick of it yet.


Seems really tasty. Where do you find that?


lol oops sry for an extremely late post...

I live in San Diego, so I actually found it at my local Vons. To find it elsewhere though, you'd have to look for it at a liquor store or at a bar. Their website actually has a beer finder if you go to the link here
im deaf
peanuts
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States1225 Posts
December 30 2014 05:31 GMT
#599
I just agreed to a 6 hour drive to get 8 cans of Heady Topper. And see my friend, but mostly for the Heady. I'm so excited for this.
Writer"My greatest skill is my enjoyment of the game" - Grubby | @TL_Peanuts
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-30 06:15:46
December 30 2014 06:13 GMT
#600
Ok I am Australian - and in terms of GREAT BEER, we Aussies know our brews...that is not to say that we do not sell mostly cornershop piss - which we do - but we all also have incredible beer.

The following beers I am going to suggest are no joke:

1) They are stronger (in terms of alcohol percentage) than most international beers

2) They are ten times tastier than most and can be drank easily regardless of weather or situation.

3) They are not acquired tastes. 12 year old School Girls would love these beers...even though they are not sweet and are not endorsed by the latest BS pop sensation being shat out of America's media.

[image loading]

Cascade Pale Ale is a serious Tasmanian beer: 6-8 will see you through a night with your mates watching sc2...more than that and beware as after 8 your tolerance will increase massively and you will find yourself waking up in your neighbour's garden having epiphanies regarding your lifestyle decisions.

[image loading]

White Rabbit Ale is a spicy beer - with hints of cloves and pears - but this is not a sissy drink NO! It is sharp like a Dark Templar's Psy Blade. Perfect for barbecues as its bitter taste will slice through that last buffalo sausage you know you shouldn't have eaten.

[image loading]

Next is the James Squire range...good all round beers with crisp tastes - ideal for a solid night on the fizz - watch ya wallet though - Squires are costly treats....

Sold in good pubs as a 'range paddle'; Scooners to slug down to assess your preference.

[image loading]

Sooo next time you in Aus... forget the farkn Sydney farkn Opera house etc...find yourself a decent pub and over imbibe with some locals...


Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4493
Leta 1716
BeSt 434
Soulkey 380
Soma 143
ZergMaN 31
Shine 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm130
XcaliburYe23
League of Legends
JimRising 562
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g8670
WinterStarcraft673
Sick228
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 58m
Patches Events
6h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 58m
OSC
14h 58m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.