• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:58
CEST 15:58
KST 22:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7365 users

Beer Appreciation Thread - Page 25

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 32 Next All
BadgKat
Profile Joined June 2011
United States156 Posts
May 18 2013 13:43 GMT
#481
The Dogfish Head 90 Min is hands down my favorite beer.
Efekkt
Profile Joined August 2012
United States68 Posts
May 18 2013 14:04 GMT
#482
On March 18 2013 07:45 imBLIND wrote:
What are some good beers you can buy at the local grocery store? You know, for the broke-ass college students out there =/

It depends where you are located what would be available in a grocery store. Personally I found out what brands Annheuser Busch and Miller/Coors own and just tried all the other beers that are available to me over time. You will have to figure out which beers you can afford, they can get really pricey but in general there is some standard to craft beer prices.
Juggernaut477
Profile Joined May 2011
United States379 Posts
May 18 2013 14:25 GMT
#483
On May 18 2013 22:43 BadgKat wrote:
The Dogfish Head 90 Min is hands down my favorite beer.



Yeah it's amazing, I really like Sierra Nevada Torpedeo as well.
eXePensai
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada56 Posts
May 18 2013 14:39 GMT
#484
Some of my Favourites

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


every beer from these guys (Local Ottawa microbrewery)
Beyond The pale Microbrewery

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

thebakereb
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada31 Posts
July 10 2013 04:20 GMT
#485
I really like Nickle Brook
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
July 10 2013 04:49 GMT
#486
As a small-town Upper-Midwesterner, I've discovered we actually have some pretty damn good breweries in the area. Summit and Grain Belt (both Minnesota breweries) have served me pretty well. Grain Belt's Nordeast and Summit's Great Northern Porter have been my mainstays for a while. The best part is that Nordeast is actually cheaper than the Budweisers and Coors of the beer world.
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
o29
Profile Joined November 2010
United States220 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-10 17:48:00
July 10 2013 17:07 GMT
#487
I'm partial towards American microbrews, and I'm particularly fond of IPAs, stouts, porters, etc. Unfortunately there are a lot of very good American microbrew brands like Dogfish Head which aren't readily available here in Louisiana, so I'm usually limited in my selection, but here are some of my local grocery store favorites:

On May 18 2013 23:25 Juggernaut477 wrote:

Yeah it's amazing, I really like Sierra Nevada Torpedeo as well.


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading][image loading]


Sierra Nevada is excellent, and I was wondering why their name didn't pop up more in this thread. They have possibly the best quality:price ratio in my opinion. Torpedo is probably my favorite -- extremely hoppy with a dry, crisp finish. They also have an excellent porter and stout as well that really give you a good idea of how those styles should taste.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading]


Another favorite brewery of mine is Rogue. They have too many good beers to list, but two (kind of similar) personal favorites of mine are the Mocha Porter and the Chocolate Stout. The Chocolate Stout is more of a treat than something you would want to drink a 6 pack of, but I've only seen it available in 22oz "bombers" so that shouldn't be a problem.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading]]


Another popular but still good brand is Stone. My personal favorite is the ridiculously bitter/hoppy Ruination (listed as 100+ IBUs), but if you want something more "mild," their regular IPA is also pretty damn good.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


For more obscure beers, we seem to get a lot of Colorado brews down here, and one of my favorites comes from Fort Collins Brewery, Rocky Mountain IPA. It's on the mild side for an IPA (still 6.2% though), but it has some very good/strong floral notes and is reasonably priced.

Most of these beers fall into the same categories, so I might make another post later with some favorites of other styles. And there are tons of other beers that I love that I've had at local pubs, but these are all beers that I can easily find at a local grocery store. I'm very open to suggestions if anyone has any based on my preferences, but availability will probably be my biggest obstacle.

Cheers my fellow TL beer drinkers!
gullberg
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden1301 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-31 20:15:29
July 31 2013 20:12 GMT
#488
On July 11 2013 02:07 o29 wrote:
I'm partial towards American microbrews, and I'm particularly fond of IPAs, stouts, porters, etc. Unfortunately there are a lot of very good American microbrew brands like Dogfish Head which aren't readily available here in Louisiana, so I'm usually limited in my selection, but here are some of my local grocery store favorites:

Show nested quote +
On May 18 2013 23:25 Juggernaut477 wrote:

Yeah it's amazing, I really like Sierra Nevada Torpedeo as well.


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading][image loading]


Sierra Nevada is excellent, and I was wondering why their name didn't pop up more in this thread. They have possibly the best quality:price ratio in my opinion. Torpedo is probably my favorite -- extremely hoppy with a dry, crisp finish. They also have an excellent porter and stout as well that really give you a good idea of how those styles should taste.
...

Because it's pretty easy to get Sierra Nevada, beer that's hard to get drives discussion/hype etc.etc.

Currently sipping on a Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock right now, lovely beer.
AeroGear
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada652 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-31 21:46:19
July 31 2013 21:46 GMT
#489


Also has some of the most strict brewing laws. Personally, I enjoyed the beer when I was there, but prefer more variety. The microbrew scene in the US is currently the most interesting imo.

When I went to pubs in Germany, I was limited to German beers, but in Italy- there was German, Belgian, French (Du Demon knocked me on my ass a few times lol- very stronk), even Mexican (Desperado- a better tasting version of Tequiza) etc etc. Don't know if it was just coincidence or luck of the draw of the pubs I visited. Great beer, just got a bit samey after awhile (same with Belgian brews). Also never really cared for the "soapy" aftertaste of Belgian and some German brews, although I do enjoy them aside from that.


Desperado is from France fyi. Or at least french owned and brewed in France, but its definitly a good summer beer. Pimped up Coronas..sort of.

Some very good micro-breweries in Montreal alas a lot of them only serves on tap. If you're visiting or live here make sure visit "Benelux" on Sherbrooke (near Park) or "Vices et Versa" at the corner of St-Zotique and St-Laurent.
Driven by hate, fueled by rage
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
September 02 2013 17:30 GMT
#490
What do you guys think about the AB:13 by Brewdog? It's an interesting beverage for sure but I'm having a hard time convincing my senses that it is actually a beer that I am exposing them to.
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 26 2013 09:10 GMT
#491
Was going into my local store to try to find umm something Oktoberfest(since im not a huge Sam Adams octoberfest fan even on tap)
insteadcame out with Franziskanmer Hefe-Weissbier, was actually probably the best beer ive ever had, since its imported from Germany I can see why people say they have the best beer tbh.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
screamingpalm
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1527 Posts
September 26 2013 10:37 GMT
#492
On August 01 2013 06:46 AeroGear wrote:

Show nested quote +

Also has some of the most strict brewing laws. Personally, I enjoyed the beer when I was there, but prefer more variety. The microbrew scene in the US is currently the most interesting imo.

When I went to pubs in Germany, I was limited to German beers, but in Italy- there was German, Belgian, French (Du Demon knocked me on my ass a few times lol- very stronk), even Mexican (Desperado- a better tasting version of Tequiza) etc etc. Don't know if it was just coincidence or luck of the draw of the pubs I visited. Great beer, just got a bit samey after awhile (same with Belgian brews). Also never really cared for the "soapy" aftertaste of Belgian and some German brews, although I do enjoy them aside from that.


Desperado is from France fyi. Or at least french owned and brewed in France, but its definitly a good summer beer. Pimped up Coronas..sort of.

Some very good micro-breweries in Montreal alas a lot of them only serves on tap. If you're visiting or live here make sure visit "Benelux" on Sherbrooke (near Park) or "Vices et Versa" at the corner of St-Zotique and St-Laurent.


Hey just noticed your reply... had to look that up and sure enough, brewed in France, go figure. :D
I thought it was notable being a beer-tequila mix that actually tasted decent (unlike Tequiza which is awful). Du Demon might not win awards for taste, but I thought was pretty good, especially notable because of how strong it is (12% iirc lol).

@above Rogue and Stone are among my favorites. Have a Rogue brewpub right down the street from me.
MMT University is coming! http://www.mmtuniversity.org/
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
September 26 2013 12:54 GMT
#493
On September 26 2013 18:10 arb wrote:
Was going into my local store to try to find umm something Oktoberfest(since im not a huge Sam Adams octoberfest fan even on tap)
insteadcame out with Franziskanmer Hefe-Weissbier, was actually probably the best beer ive ever had, since its imported from Germany I can see why people say they have the best beer tbh.

Weissbier is awesome, I recommend trying Weihenstephan. If you can find it somewhere, Maisels Weise is amazing as well. If you're from the US, here's an import company: http://www.wh-company.com/.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 18:47:04
September 26 2013 18:46 GMT
#494
On August 01 2013 06:46 AeroGear wrote:

Show nested quote +

Also has some of the most strict brewing laws. Personally, I enjoyed the beer when I was there, but prefer more variety. The microbrew scene in the US is currently the most interesting imo.

When I went to pubs in Germany, I was limited to German beers, but in Italy- there was German, Belgian, French (Du Demon knocked me on my ass a few times lol- very stronk), even Mexican (Desperado- a better tasting version of Tequiza) etc etc. Don't know if it was just coincidence or luck of the draw of the pubs I visited. Great beer, just got a bit samey after awhile (same with Belgian brews). Also never really cared for the "soapy" aftertaste of Belgian and some German brews, although I do enjoy them aside from that.


Desperado is from France fyi. Or at least french owned and brewed in France, but its definitly a good summer beer. Pimped up Coronas..sort of.

Some very good micro-breweries in Montreal alas a lot of them only serves on tap. If you're visiting or live here make sure visit "Benelux" on Sherbrooke (near Park) or "Vices et Versa" at the corner of St-Zotique and St-Laurent.


think read recently that its atleast bottled in netherlands.

also its oktoberfest bier time again!

[image loading]

muahaha sooo goooood! instabought 30l cause its usually only in shops for like 3-5 days/year before its sold out.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
September 26 2013 22:27 GMT
#495
I blame my own low activity in the past couple years for not noticing such a wonderful thread sooner. Living in San Diego has been awesome as a beer appreciator, and I'm glad to see others from my town here on Team Liquid enjoying beer as well.

I'm quite the IPA fan, though also very much enjoy a good sour or a tasty amber or red.

As far as main releases go, some of my favorites include (1) the Sculpin IPA from Ballast Point, it's hoppy, but not extremely hoppy and has a delicious citrus smell and flavor that go really well with its hops; (2) Pliny the Elder from Russian River, I love it for its hoppiness and it has to be one of the most consistent microbrew beers, every year it tastes great never a bad or disappointing batch; and (3) the Rueuze from The Bruery, it's a sour blonde ale that just has a great tarty flavor, most of the sours out of the Bruery are outstanding, but this one is probably my favorite.

There are plenty of other beers I enjoy, and many that I enjoy more, but many of them are only poured in the brewery's taproom or are special releases so sharing them seems somewhat cruel as they either no longer exist or would not be easy to get a hold of unless in San Diego (or wherever I may have traveled to visit/taste).

I also do a decent amount of homebrewing, which has always been a blast. Right now I have a wet-hopped IPA and a Saison fermenting away in my room and am excited about both of them as the two recipes are new and I'm dying to see how they turn out.
Moderator
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 22:35:37
September 26 2013 22:35 GMT
#496
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I'm now enjoying this taste.
Sooo good :D

edit: oops, picture kinda big.
Myrkskog
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada481 Posts
September 26 2013 23:51 GMT
#497
On September 27 2013 03:46 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 06:46 AeroGear wrote:


Also has some of the most strict brewing laws. Personally, I enjoyed the beer when I was there, but prefer more variety. The microbrew scene in the US is currently the most interesting imo.

When I went to pubs in Germany, I was limited to German beers, but in Italy- there was German, Belgian, French (Du Demon knocked me on my ass a few times lol- very stronk), even Mexican (Desperado- a better tasting version of Tequiza) etc etc. Don't know if it was just coincidence or luck of the draw of the pubs I visited. Great beer, just got a bit samey after awhile (same with Belgian brews). Also never really cared for the "soapy" aftertaste of Belgian and some German brews, although I do enjoy them aside from that.


Desperado is from France fyi. Or at least french owned and brewed in France, but its definitly a good summer beer. Pimped up Coronas..sort of.

Some very good micro-breweries in Montreal alas a lot of them only serves on tap. If you're visiting or live here make sure visit "Benelux" on Sherbrooke (near Park) or "Vices et Versa" at the corner of St-Zotique and St-Laurent.


think read recently that its atleast bottled in netherlands.

also its oktoberfest bier time again!

[image loading]

muahaha sooo goooood! instabought 30l cause its usually only in shops for like 3-5 days/year before its sold out.


Awww yiss.

[image loading]

Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
September 27 2013 00:19 GMT
#498
I was never a fan of beer, but I live in San Diego and my friends love beer. Lately, I've been visiting brewery after brewery with them, trying pretty much anything and everything, and I've got to say, I've found beers that I've thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm not a big fan of IPAs and Stouts, though there are coffee stouts that I like. I really like Belgian Ales. I also like fruity stuff like Framboise.

There's more that I've liked but I don't really remember what they are. I'm sure I'll be visiting more breweries soon, as my friends want to go to every single one in San Diego.

I just wish beer didn't get me so bloated.
Writer
Jormundr
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1678 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-27 00:23:13
September 27 2013 00:22 GMT
#499
[image loading]
One of the best beers I've randomly found at a bar.
Capitalism is beneficial for people who work harder than other people. Under capitalism the only way to make more money is to work harder then your competitors whether they be other companies or workers. ~ Vegetarian
Myrkskog
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada481 Posts
September 27 2013 00:23 GMT
#500
Try drinking out of a glass rather than the bottle or can. It can really help with the bloating.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 79
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 64080
Bisu 3312
FanTaSy 1303
Stork 593
Rush 470
firebathero 229
Snow 213
hero 177
Mind 115
Last 100
[ Show more ]
Free 88
Pusan 70
Sexy 67
Sharp 64
ToSsGirL 43
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 19
Terrorterran 19
yabsab 17
Noble 14
Rock 13
HiyA 13
zelot 12
Sacsri 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6972
Dendi1389
Counter-Strike
byalli1185
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Other Games
gofns39776
singsing2479
fl0m2414
Liquid`RaSZi1045
B2W.Neo619
Beastyqt467
Mlord322
Happy304
Khaldor228
Hui .205
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 86
• Dystopia_ 6
• HeavenSC 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FT.aCt)Sony0
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV511
League of Legends
• Nemesis3549
• Jankos2942
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1501
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 3m
OSC
9h 3m
Replay Cast
9h 3m
OSC
22h 3m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.