• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:25
CEST 13:25
KST 20:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8208 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 32

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 102 Next
Luxuria
Profile Joined June 2011
United States46 Posts
December 23 2011 19:27 GMT
#621
After hearing all the hype that these movies have gotten I tried to go back and watch Batman Begins. As a huge fan of the animated series from the 90's, the movie from 89, and the occasional story arc of a comic series I have to say I was incredibly disappointed. So many character inaccuracies if they didn't have the same name you'd never know it was related to Batman at all. Ra's al ghoul training batman...what? Ra's without Talia at his side...what again? Even the pronunciation of Ra's name is wrong. Bruce wane being a whiny kid with a love interest that isn't as insane as his enemies...? Not even getting into all the ways they destroyed Scarecrow the movie as a whole was incredibly painful to watch. But I suffered through to get to The Dark Knight and what people are calling the best joker performance ever.

While The Dark Knight wasn't as painful as Batman Begins it was still a let down. More character inaccuracies which I guess shouldn't have surprised me. Joker getting his smile from razors and using makeup to portray his white face made me cringe. Joker is such a hard character to write for and it was painfully obvious Nolan missed the que by quite a bit. We didn't get the completely insane, psychotic, and murderous clown, but instead just some eccentric sociopath. Heath Ledger did alright as the joker but it still cant compare to Jack Nicholson or Mark Hamill's Joker at all. Their talent backed up by better writing made the Jokers of the past truly something special. Not to mention the iconic laugh that Mark Hamill hit oh so amazingly.

Now you may be wondering what the point of this ranting-ish post is. When it comes to The Dark Knight Rises I can only look onto it with skepticism. The characters in the past movies have only been a far cry of their better renditions. It makes me sad that writers from Rocksteady can deliver such an amazing Batman experience, and yet something as off-beat and underwhelming as the past Nolan "works" are praised.
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 20:04:44
December 23 2011 19:57 GMT
#622
On December 24 2011 03:26 jupiter6 wrote:
lol are you seriously banning people who have different opinion than yours? this site is a joke

If you look at his nickname for a second, you already see that he's a troll or a PBU. Then look at his other post that bumps a two year old thread, just to mock moto. And finally this low quality post. I think this one post would have been only warning worthy, but together with the other two factors it's an obvious perm bad.

Zynastor is a well known maphack creator. He's banned on TL due to TL's anti hacker stance. While personally I don't support this policy, it's very understandable to be strict against hackers and hack creators on a website that is based on competitive gaming.

iCafe.Moto was making anti-hack maps, he claimed were unbeatable, and which usually were broken within the week(In some cases by Zynastor). He was also banned on multiple accounts for low quality posting. He is known for his strange smilies and his attitude. iCafe.Zynastor's post fits this pattern.

Thus anybody using the nick "iCafe.Zynastor" is either a troll(the likely case) or one of these two. In either case he's not welcome here.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
TrickyGilligan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States641 Posts
December 23 2011 20:08 GMT
#623
On December 24 2011 04:27 Luxuria wrote:
After hearing all the hype that these movies have gotten I tried to go back and watch Batman Begins. As a huge fan of the animated series from the 90's, the movie from 89, and the occasional story arc of a comic series I have to say I was incredibly disappointed. So many character inaccuracies if they didn't have the same name you'd never know it was related to Batman at all. Ra's al ghoul training batman...what? Ra's without Talia at his side...what again? Even the pronunciation of Ra's name is wrong. Bruce wane being a whiny kid with a love interest that isn't as insane as his enemies...? Not even getting into all the ways they destroyed Scarecrow the movie as a whole was incredibly painful to watch. But I suffered through to get to The Dark Knight and what people are calling the best joker performance ever.

While The Dark Knight wasn't as painful as Batman Begins it was still a let down. More character inaccuracies which I guess shouldn't have surprised me. Joker getting his smile from razors and using makeup to portray his white face made me cringe. Joker is such a hard character to write for and it was painfully obvious Nolan missed the que by quite a bit. We didn't get the completely insane, psychotic, and murderous clown, but instead just some eccentric sociopath. Heath Ledger did alright as the joker but it still cant compare to Jack Nicholson or Mark Hamill's Joker at all. Their talent backed up by better writing made the Jokers of the past truly something special. Not to mention the iconic laugh that Mark Hamill hit oh so amazingly.

Now you may be wondering what the point of this ranting-ish post is. When it comes to The Dark Knight Rises I can only look onto it with skepticism. The characters in the past movies have only been a far cry of their better renditions. It makes me sad that writers from Rocksteady can deliver such an amazing Batman experience, and yet something as off-beat and underwhelming as the past Nolan "works" are praised.


So, you hate on Nolan's Batman for not following the comics closely, but you enjoy Burton's where the Joker killed Batman's parents?

wat?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx
Luxuria
Profile Joined June 2011
United States46 Posts
December 23 2011 20:19 GMT
#624
On December 24 2011 05:08 TrickyGilligan wrote:

So, you hate on Nolan's Batman for not following the comics closely, but you enjoy Burton's where the Joker killed Batman's parents?

wat?


I completely forgot about that. I've been re-watching the Animated series so I guess the 89 movie fell into nostalgia.
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
December 23 2011 20:28 GMT
#625
On December 24 2011 05:19 Luxuria wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 05:08 TrickyGilligan wrote:

So, you hate on Nolan's Batman for not following the comics closely, but you enjoy Burton's where the Joker killed Batman's parents?

wat?


I completely forgot about that. I've been re-watching the Animated series so I guess the 89 movie fell into nostalgia.


So now disregard your original rant on the terms that you were just being nostalgic.
Hey! How you doin'?
TrickyGilligan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States641 Posts
December 23 2011 20:39 GMT
#626
On December 24 2011 05:28 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 05:19 Luxuria wrote:
On December 24 2011 05:08 TrickyGilligan wrote:

So, you hate on Nolan's Batman for not following the comics closely, but you enjoy Burton's where the Joker killed Batman's parents?

wat?


I completely forgot about that. I've been re-watching the Animated series so I guess the 89 movie fell into nostalgia.


So now disregard your original rant on the terms that you were just being nostalgic.


As a huge comic book fan, I don't want to hate on anyone for not liking something for not being true to the original. To me, that is a completely legitimate gripe. But as a comic fan, I've seen MANY interpretations of the same characters by different artists and writers. Movies are just another interpretation. Their accuracy to the original material should be taken into account when you consider whether you liked the movie or not, but it's only one part of the many things that go into a film.

Look at the Green Lantern film that just came out. While I was never a big Green Lantern fan, my understanding is that the movie followed the comics quite closely. There were of course things that the die hard fans weren't happy about, but they clearly put the effort in to recreating what they could of the comic. And guess what? It was still fucking terrible.

So yeah, I can agree with you that Nolan's Batman isn't the one true Batman that all others should be compared to. It's still very enjoyable though, and you shouldn't let some inaccuracies ruin your entire experience of the films.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx
Rakanishu2
Profile Joined May 2009
United States475 Posts
December 23 2011 20:51 GMT
#627
On December 24 2011 04:27 Luxuria wrote:
After hearing all the hype that these movies have gotten I tried to go back and watch Batman Begins. As a huge fan of the animated series from the 90's, the movie from 89, and the occasional story arc of a comic series I have to say I was incredibly disappointed. So many character inaccuracies if they didn't have the same name you'd never know it was related to Batman at all. Ra's al ghoul training batman...what? Ra's without Talia at his side...what again? Even the pronunciation of Ra's name is wrong. Bruce wane being a whiny kid with a love interest that isn't as insane as his enemies...? Not even getting into all the ways they destroyed Scarecrow the movie as a whole was incredibly painful to watch. But I suffered through to get to The Dark Knight and what people are calling the best joker performance ever.

While The Dark Knight wasn't as painful as Batman Begins it was still a let down. More character inaccuracies which I guess shouldn't have surprised me. Joker getting his smile from razors and using makeup to portray his white face made me cringe. Joker is such a hard character to write for and it was painfully obvious Nolan missed the que by quite a bit. We didn't get the completely insane, psychotic, and murderous clown, but instead just some eccentric sociopath. Heath Ledger did alright as the joker but it still cant compare to Jack Nicholson or Mark Hamill's Joker at all. Their talent backed up by better writing made the Jokers of the past truly something special. Not to mention the iconic laugh that Mark Hamill hit oh so amazingly.

Now you may be wondering what the point of this ranting-ish post is. When it comes to The Dark Knight Rises I can only look onto it with skepticism. The characters in the past movies have only been a far cry of their better renditions. It makes me sad that writers from Rocksteady can deliver such an amazing Batman experience, and yet something as off-beat and underwhelming as the past Nolan "works" are praised.


Remaking a piece of fiction and giving your own spin to it is one of the best parts of comic books, movies, and other media. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad.

Where does it say every portrayal of the joker needs to be the same? Why can't he be more of a terrorist sociopath?

Now, I'm fine with you saying the other renditions are better, that's logical. But the argument you're using is "the new ones are bad because they're different", is silly.

To address the other points you made:

I think the make-up was a brilliant touch, and also, you seem to have missed the one of the most intriguing points of The Dark Knight, the joker consistently changes the story of how he gets his scars. He mentions razor blades, but also a kitchen knife from his father. Maybe both of those stories are false? It leaves the audience to paint a sinister picture in their head, and makes the joker an even more mysterious and frightening character. Nolan did good job creating a depth there, and it appears you completely missed it.
10 G's in the packet and I'm ready to roll, on fire like a rocket and I'm ready to blow
Rakanishu2
Profile Joined May 2009
United States475 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 20:54:08
December 23 2011 20:53 GMT
#628
Edit: accidental double post
10 G's in the packet and I'm ready to roll, on fire like a rocket and I'm ready to blow
Satire
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada295 Posts
December 23 2011 23:42 GMT
#629
On December 24 2011 04:27 Luxuria wrote:
After hearing all the hype that these movies have gotten I tried to go back and watch Batman Begins. As a huge fan of the animated series from the 90's, the movie from 89, and the occasional story arc of a comic series I have to say I was incredibly disappointed. So many character inaccuracies if they didn't have the same name you'd never know it was related to Batman at all. Ra's al ghoul training batman...what? Ra's without Talia at his side...what again? Even the pronunciation of Ra's name is wrong. Bruce wane being a whiny kid with a love interest that isn't as insane as his enemies...? Not even getting into all the ways they destroyed Scarecrow the movie as a whole was incredibly painful to watch. But I suffered through to get to The Dark Knight and what people are calling the best joker performance ever.

While The Dark Knight wasn't as painful as Batman Begins it was still a let down. More character inaccuracies which I guess shouldn't have surprised me. Joker getting his smile from razors and using makeup to portray his white face made me cringe. Joker is such a hard character to write for and it was painfully obvious Nolan missed the que by quite a bit. We didn't get the completely insane, psychotic, and murderous clown, but instead just some eccentric sociopath. Heath Ledger did alright as the joker but it still cant compare to Jack Nicholson or Mark Hamill's Joker at all. Their talent backed up by better writing made the Jokers of the past truly something special. Not to mention the iconic laugh that Mark Hamill hit oh so amazingly.

Now you may be wondering what the point of this ranting-ish post is. When it comes to The Dark Knight Rises I can only look onto it with skepticism. The characters in the past movies have only been a far cry of their better renditions. It makes me sad that writers from Rocksteady can deliver such an amazing Batman experience, and yet something as off-beat and underwhelming as the past Nolan "works" are praised.


I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. I also must admit that the animated series of batman was pretty boss, but then again I was like 6 or 7 at the time when I was watching it so I may be looking through the nostalgia lens. (Much like the X-men cartoon in my books is still one of the most awesome things ever written)

As for Batman Begins - I didn't find that movie particularly great. The first time I watched it in the theater I was pretty entertained, but when I bought it for Christmas and brought it home for my girlfriend and I to watch at the time, after about 30 minutes we lost interest and found something better to do... You know, I'd honestly put that movie under the category of movies you put on when you don't actually *want* to watch the movie. I realize this come down to taste too. I will say it was an improvement in terms of bringing the batman movies back towards a more adult viewership.

The Dark Knight was exceptional I thought. The first time I watched that movie in the theater I walked out and thought that was the best movie I'd seen in years. I thoroughly enjoyed the take on the Joker, and found the character absolutely captivating. The ending of the movie sent chills down my spine. I've watched multiple times since, and I maintain the opinion that it's a great movie. The overall context of the movie was well done, much like Spiderman 2, in that it gave a sense of realism to the story. I also thought the subtext of what the Joker's character was trying to portray was quite clever. I love that you're never sure if he's completely insane, or absolutely brilliant. The way he plans things and keeps you guessing is pretty great, and I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect of the movie.

Because of the hit and miss nature for me with these movies, I am merely hoping the next movie will live up to the 2nd. If I've learned anything from the spiderman movie franchise it's to not get my hopes up with regards to super hero movies. Either way, I am excited to see what kind of direction they go with this movie and hope it can provide some entertainment beyond the initial watch.
Satire is a lesson, parody is a game.
ryanAnger
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States838 Posts
December 24 2011 01:45 GMT
#630
On December 24 2011 08:42 Satire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 04:27 Luxuria wrote:
After hearing all the hype that these movies have gotten I tried to go back and watch Batman Begins. As a huge fan of the animated series from the 90's, the movie from 89, and the occasional story arc of a comic series I have to say I was incredibly disappointed. So many character inaccuracies if they didn't have the same name you'd never know it was related to Batman at all. Ra's al ghoul training batman...what? Ra's without Talia at his side...what again? Even the pronunciation of Ra's name is wrong. Bruce wane being a whiny kid with a love interest that isn't as insane as his enemies...? Not even getting into all the ways they destroyed Scarecrow the movie as a whole was incredibly painful to watch. But I suffered through to get to The Dark Knight and what people are calling the best joker performance ever.

While The Dark Knight wasn't as painful as Batman Begins it was still a let down. More character inaccuracies which I guess shouldn't have surprised me. Joker getting his smile from razors and using makeup to portray his white face made me cringe. Joker is such a hard character to write for and it was painfully obvious Nolan missed the que by quite a bit. We didn't get the completely insane, psychotic, and murderous clown, but instead just some eccentric sociopath. Heath Ledger did alright as the joker but it still cant compare to Jack Nicholson or Mark Hamill's Joker at all. Their talent backed up by better writing made the Jokers of the past truly something special. Not to mention the iconic laugh that Mark Hamill hit oh so amazingly.

Now you may be wondering what the point of this ranting-ish post is. When it comes to The Dark Knight Rises I can only look onto it with skepticism. The characters in the past movies have only been a far cry of their better renditions. It makes me sad that writers from Rocksteady can deliver such an amazing Batman experience, and yet something as off-beat and underwhelming as the past Nolan "works" are praised.


I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. I also must admit that the animated series of batman was pretty boss, but then again I was like 6 or 7 at the time when I was watching it so I may be looking through the nostalgia lens. (Much like the X-men cartoon in my books is still one of the most awesome things ever written)

As for Batman Begins - I didn't find that movie particularly great. The first time I watched it in the theater I was pretty entertained, but when I bought it for Christmas and brought it home for my girlfriend and I to watch at the time, after about 30 minutes we lost interest and found something better to do... You know, I'd honestly put that movie under the category of movies you put on when you don't actually *want* to watch the movie. I realize this come down to taste too. I will say it was an improvement in terms of bringing the batman movies back towards a more adult viewership.

The Dark Knight was exceptional I thought. The first time I watched that movie in the theater I walked out and thought that was the best movie I'd seen in years. I thoroughly enjoyed the take on the Joker, and found the character absolutely captivating. The ending of the movie sent chills down my spine. I've watched multiple times since, and I maintain the opinion that it's a great movie. The overall context of the movie was well done, much like Spiderman 2, in that it gave a sense of realism to the story. I also thought the subtext of what the Joker's character was trying to portray was quite clever. I love that you're never sure if he's completely insane, or absolutely brilliant. The way he plans things and keeps you guessing is pretty great, and I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect of the movie.

Because of the hit and miss nature for me with these movies, I am merely hoping the next movie will live up to the 2nd. If I've learned anything from the spiderman movie franchise it's to not get my hopes up with regards to super hero movies. Either way, I am excited to see what kind of direction they go with this movie and hope it can provide some entertainment beyond the initial watch.


I agree with you 100%. The Dark Knight will probably be a classic, because the acting and the story (particular Heath as the Joker) were phenomenal, and I can watch it again and again. As far as Batman Begins goes, I feel it was good for what it was: an origin story that laid the groundwork for the sequel. I can only hope that DKR will be as good as DK and serve as an adequate conclusion.

As far as comic book continuity goes, I appreciate Nolans take on the Batman universe. I like the gritty, dark, realistic feel it has to it, and I'm one of the biggest Batman comic fans there is. I have a collection of just under 1000 Batman comics at home.
On my way...
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
December 24 2011 01:58 GMT
#631
I'm not going to lie, every time I hear someone dislike one of the first two movies, I believe that it's some kind of hipster uniqueness thing where they dislike a good movie just to stand out. TDKR is going to be awesome, I can guarentee, although I am a little suprised at Bane's size. He's...not that big. Yeah, the whole 500lb muscle mass, venom-infused bane doesn't work in the Nolan Batman, but he should be just about as big as they get, like Brock Lesnar big at least.
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
ryanAnger
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States838 Posts
December 24 2011 02:04 GMT
#632
On December 24 2011 10:58 Lobotomist wrote:
I'm not going to lie, every time I hear someone dislike one of the first two movies, I believe that it's some kind of hipster uniqueness thing where they dislike a good movie just to stand out. TDKR is going to be awesome, I can guarentee, although I am a little suprised at Bane's size. He's...not that big. Yeah, the whole 500lb muscle mass, venom-infused bane doesn't work in the Nolan Batman, but he should be just about as big as they get, like Brock Lesnar big at least.


Thing is, there aren't that many quality actors that are that large. In fact, I can't think of any.
On my way...
Tal
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United Kingdom1018 Posts
December 24 2011 02:07 GMT
#633
On December 24 2011 10:58 Lobotomist wrote:
I'm not going to lie, every time I hear someone dislike one of the first two movies, I believe that it's some kind of hipster uniqueness thing where they dislike a good movie just to stand out. TDKR is going to be awesome, I can guarentee, although I am a little suprised at Bane's size. He's...not that big. Yeah, the whole 500lb muscle mass, venom-infused bane doesn't work in the Nolan Batman, but he should be just about as big as they get, like Brock Lesnar big at least.


I think a lot of the 'hipster' criticisms are just a natural backlash to the praise some people give the films. Many people call the Dark Knight one of the best films of all time, or their personal favourite film. Now there's nothing wrong with loving a film, but the Dark Knight isn't a masterpiece - it's fun but has flaws.

Personally I got more out of Batman Returns than either of Nolan's films, though I still enjoyed them too, and am looking forward to the new one.
It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
RusHXceL
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1004 Posts
December 24 2011 02:08 GMT
#634
Why is there a [M] in the title

Mature???
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
December 24 2011 02:08 GMT
#635
On December 24 2011 10:58 Lobotomist wrote:
I'm not going to lie, every time I hear someone dislike one of the first two movies, I believe that it's some kind of hipster uniqueness thing where they dislike a good movie just to stand out. TDKR is going to be awesome, I can guarentee, although I am a little suprised at Bane's size. He's...not that big. Yeah, the whole 500lb muscle mass, venom-infused bane doesn't work in the Nolan Batman, but he should be just about as big as they get, like Brock Lesnar big at least.

"Begins" just wasn't that special. Both in terms of works Nolan made himself and in the greater spectrum of film. It was above average but many levels below "The Dark Knight."
Moderator
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-24 02:11:29
December 24 2011 02:09 GMT
#636
On December 24 2011 11:04 ryanAnger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 10:58 Lobotomist wrote:
I'm not going to lie, every time I hear someone dislike one of the first two movies, I believe that it's some kind of hipster uniqueness thing where they dislike a good movie just to stand out. TDKR is going to be awesome, I can guarentee, although I am a little suprised at Bane's size. He's...not that big. Yeah, the whole 500lb muscle mass, venom-infused bane doesn't work in the Nolan Batman, but he should be just about as big as they get, like Brock Lesnar big at least.


Thing is, there aren't that many quality actors that are that large. In fact, I can't think of any.


I was watching quality actors before they were mainstream.

Btw, new release of Batman vs Bane

I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
ryanAnger
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States838 Posts
December 24 2011 03:02 GMT
#637
I'm rewatching the Dark Knight now, and I'm just blown away by how emotionally stressful it is. Especially with how good Aaron Eckhart played Harvey Dent. It's torture knowing that such an awesome character will meet his demise. That's how you know it is a good movie.
On my way...
Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-24 03:14:20
December 24 2011 03:13 GMT
#638
On December 24 2011 11:09 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 11:04 ryanAnger wrote:
On December 24 2011 10:58 Lobotomist wrote:
I'm not going to lie, every time I hear someone dislike one of the first two movies, I believe that it's some kind of hipster uniqueness thing where they dislike a good movie just to stand out. TDKR is going to be awesome, I can guarentee, although I am a little suprised at Bane's size. He's...not that big. Yeah, the whole 500lb muscle mass, venom-infused bane doesn't work in the Nolan Batman, but he should be just about as big as they get, like Brock Lesnar big at least.


Thing is, there aren't that many quality actors that are that large. In fact, I can't think of any.


I was watching quality actors before they were mainstream.

Btw, new release of Batman vs Bane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETelTsl7QI&feature=related



I hope you get warned for this. This isn't a place for shitty youtube spoofs
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
December 24 2011 03:38 GMT
#639
On December 24 2011 11:08 RusHXceL wrote:
Why is there a [M] in the title

Mature???


It means 'Movie'
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
December 24 2011 05:24 GMT
#640
On December 24 2011 12:02 ryanAnger wrote:
I'm rewatching the Dark Knight now, and I'm just blown away by how emotionally stressful it is. Especially with how good Aaron Eckhart played Harvey Dent. It's torture knowing that such an awesome character will meet his demise. That's how you know it is a good movie.


It really just does not let off, it's climax after climax and it's incredibly stressful the whole way through. It actually kind of drags the third act down because by then you're exhausted by the brutality of the movie and it can make things feel kind of tired.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
IntoTheiNu 505
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko318
OGKoka 190
Rex 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41972
Calm 3610
Shuttle 1585
Bisu 994
FanTaSy 448
Stork 327
Hyuk 314
actioN 312
firebathero 302
Zeus 285
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
Mong 160
Rush 155
Mini 144
Soulkey 144
EffOrt 118
Snow 114
ZerO 104
Last 92
Light 90
Dewaltoss 69
Pusan 59
Shine 45
NotJumperer 42
Bale 39
Barracks 36
Free 35
Killer 35
ToSsGirL 32
Shinee 32
Yoon 31
hero 27
JYJ 24
Sharp 24
Noble 23
Aegong 18
HiyA 18
sorry 14
yabsab 14
Sacsri 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5733
Dendi5
League of Legends
JimRising 296
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1457
shoxiejesuss618
kRYSTAL_27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns28536
singsing1725
B2W.Neo360
crisheroes224
DeMusliM156
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• LUISG 28
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV331
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Stunt268
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 35m
OSC
10h 50m
Replay Cast
11h 35m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.