• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:55
CEST 20:55
KST 03:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9196 users

Post Your Watch! - Page 70

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 Next
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-09 02:07:47
June 09 2015 02:06 GMT
#1381
Would any of you guys be able to help me out with a purchase?

I have really really small wrists and I was wondering what kind of watch size would be okay. Did a jank measurement of my wrist with a disposable chopstick paper cover marked from a ruler thing online and I'm right around 6 inches in circumference on my wrist, maybe very slightly under. What kind of face diameter and/or lug-to-lug size should I be looking at?

I've been looking at a Seiko (SKA659) but it says it's 42 mm face and that it's 50 mm from lug-to-lug. Would it be able to fit? If not, any chance there are similar watches that still look pretty sharp? I've found most of the smaller ones to be quite a bit less nice-looking

Thanks so much!
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
solsken
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden182 Posts
June 09 2015 23:40 GMT
#1382
I'd go to a watch store and ask to try on a 42 mm watch and make your evluation from that.
It doesn't have to be the exact one you're planning to buy to get a sense of scale.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
June 10 2015 00:03 GMT
#1383
Oh yeah, sounds like a plan, thanks! Probably a good idea to try some out physically lol
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
_fool
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands685 Posts
June 10 2015 16:57 GMT
#1384
Lots of Seiko5s are 38mm, plenty of models to choose from: http://www.watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder/. They will go well with small wrists.
"News is to the mind what sugar is to the body"
_fool
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands685 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-13 15:32:01
June 13 2015 15:21 GMT
#1385
New SARB035, just came in. Thanks to the people in this thread for suggesting it. It's beautiful, even more so in real life. I was afraid its 38mm would be small, but it has a nice weight to it, giving it a nice wrist presence.

[image loading]
"News is to the mind what sugar is to the body"
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
June 13 2015 15:37 GMT
#1386
I have strong problems to understand why to use a watch nowadays? We have Smartphones and many others are around.
I dont need even a smartphone if we have sun here (I dont have a sun dial but sun always go in the same circle, so I do know exactly what time is it. Doesnt matter which city I am.

I do understand if I wear a suit (for invitation or wedding or as banker) but for daily grind?
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
June 13 2015 15:42 GMT
#1387
On June 14 2015 00:37 Dingodile wrote:
I have strong problems to understand why to use a watch nowadays? We have Smartphones and many others are around.
I dont need even a smartphone if we have sun here (I dont have a sun dial but sun always go in the same circle, so I do know exactly what time is it. Doesnt matter which city I am.

I do understand if I wear a suit (for invitation or wedding or as banker) but for daily grind?

Because picking up your phone to check the time every 5 minutes makes you look disrespectful, and if you are e.g. biking to work or something, a wrist watch is nice. Plus the fact that it is one of the few pieces of jewelry men can wear .
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-13 17:19:09
June 13 2015 17:16 GMT
#1388
On June 14 2015 00:37 Dingodile wrote:
I have strong problems to understand why to use a watch nowadays? We have Smartphones and many others are around.
I dont need even a smartphone if we have sun here (I dont have a sun dial but sun always go in the same circle, so I do know exactly what time is it. Doesnt matter which city I am.

I do understand if I wear a suit (for invitation or wedding or as banker) but for daily grind?


First of all thats amazing you can tell exactly what time it is from the sun. What do you do when its cloudy and/or night? lol

Edit: Misread you said you don't need your smartphone if its sunny.
It is what it is
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
June 13 2015 17:21 GMT
#1389
On June 14 2015 00:37 Dingodile wrote:
I have strong problems to understand why to use a watch nowadays? We have Smartphones and many others are around.
I dont need even a smartphone if we have sun here (I dont have a sun dial but sun always go in the same circle, so I do know exactly what time is it. Doesnt matter which city I am.

I do understand if I wear a suit (for invitation or wedding or as banker) but for daily grind?

Why do people wear ear rings and rings?
© Current year.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
June 14 2015 16:08 GMT
#1390
On June 14 2015 00:37 Dingodile wrote:
I have strong problems to understand why to use a watch nowadays? We have Smartphones and many others are around.
I dont need even a smartphone if we have sun here (I dont have a sun dial but sun always go in the same circle, so I do know exactly what time is it. Doesnt matter which city I am.

I do understand if I wear a suit (for invitation or wedding or as banker) but for daily grind?


You do not know "exactly what time" it is from the sun. You have a general idea, maybe, and that's guaranteed to be very far from exact. Different countries have very different timezones, and some cities are just in the wrong timezone. Countries like Japan and China have only one timezone, despite both countries spanning large landmasses. Even if you were able to gauge time correctly from the sun, how would you adjust for geographical distances between cities within the same timezone?

Checking time from a watch is much more discreet than checking time on your cellphone. When you are in a meeting, pulling out your phone to check the time could be perceived as extremely disrespectful. If you were holding two heavy bags of groceries, one in each hand, it'd just be a lot easier to check the timepiece on your wrist than pulling out a phone.

When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
June 14 2015 16:10 GMT
#1391
Speaking of which, I'm more and more convinced that I'd be picking up a Rolex Explorer I (39mm) in the coming months. Yay...
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
June 14 2015 16:16 GMT
#1392
On June 09 2015 11:06 Aerisky wrote:
Would any of you guys be able to help me out with a purchase?

I have really really small wrists and I was wondering what kind of watch size would be okay. Did a jank measurement of my wrist with a disposable chopstick paper cover marked from a ruler thing online and I'm right around 6 inches in circumference on my wrist, maybe very slightly under. What kind of face diameter and/or lug-to-lug size should I be looking at?

I've been looking at a Seiko (SKA659) but it says it's 42 mm face and that it's 50 mm from lug-to-lug. Would it be able to fit? If not, any chance there are similar watches that still look pretty sharp? I've found most of the smaller ones to be quite a bit less nice-looking

Thanks so much!


I'm all for small-ish watches. If it's a dress watch, you can go anywhere between 34-38mm and it'd probably look good. If it's a sports watch... sky is the limit.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
June 14 2015 16:25 GMT
#1393
On June 14 2015 00:42 Grovbolle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 14 2015 00:37 Dingodile wrote:
I have strong problems to understand why to use a watch nowadays? We have Smartphones and many others are around.
I dont need even a smartphone if we have sun here (I dont have a sun dial but sun always go in the same circle, so I do know exactly what time is it. Doesnt matter which city I am.

I do understand if I wear a suit (for invitation or wedding or as banker) but for daily grind?

Because picking up your phone to check the time every 5 minutes makes you look disrespectful, and if you are e.g. biking to work or something, a wrist watch is nice. Plus the fact that it is one of the few pieces of jewelry men can wear .


Those are my reasons as well. As far as male jewelry/ accessories are concerned, watches can look nice with almost any outfit- whether it's casual or formal.

It's true that cell phones can tell you the time, but there are some contexts in which it's inappropriate to look at your phone/ have your phone on you. So at least watches can present some sort of function (not that accessories require a function anyway).
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 14 2015 18:07 GMT
#1394
It's to show off how much money you have
TranslatorBaa!
_fool
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands685 Posts
June 14 2015 19:04 GMT
#1395
On June 15 2015 03:07 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
It's to show off how much money you have


I guess it shows how much money you're willing to spend on a watch. Same goes for cars, phones, shoes. All stuff, really.

Showing off would be if you'd buy a watch that everyone would instantly recognize as being expensive. I don't think that's the gist of this thread.
"News is to the mind what sugar is to the body"
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
June 15 2015 03:19 GMT
#1396
Or some kind of investment. My sister's husband bought Patek Philippe and just keeps it in safe-deposit box #OilMoney
Meanwhile I'm just happy with my Longines Flagship Heritage
Insert wise words here
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 15 2015 03:31 GMT
#1397
Watches for investment is a ridiculous concept, since the only watches that can be expected to appreciate in value already cost so much that if you;'re getting it, you're not looking looking to "protect your money" with watches. Not to mention you'd probably get better returns investing elsewhere.

99%+ of watches lose value dramatically over time anyways.
TranslatorBaa!
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-15 04:35:27
June 15 2015 04:35 GMT
#1398
the only possible investment in watches is either a limited edition from an independent watchmaker, or a particular piece with provenance. otherwise, there is no such thing as an investment piece.

on that note, i'm considering a speake marin serpent calendar.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
June 15 2015 05:01 GMT
#1399
On June 15 2015 13:35 lichter wrote:

on that note, i'm considering a speake marin serpent calendar.


Ooo that's nice. That's real nice.
TranslatorBaa!
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
June 15 2015 05:26 GMT
#1400
On June 15 2015 13:35 lichter wrote:
the only possible investment in watches is either a limited edition from an independent watchmaker, or a particular piece with provenance. otherwise, there is no such thing as an investment piece.

on that note, i'm considering a speake marin serpent calendar.


"Investment" is a poor choice of words, I agree. It's some kind of "saving" money. If you can't keep cash (for example due to volatile exchange rate) you can buy an appartment. Or nice watches. Both things are not really liquid, but you can sell watches easier than an appartment. Also, you can "move" watches faster than an appartment. Do I even English?

Of course, it's a game of chance, but this happens sometimes:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
Insert wise words here
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 686
UpATreeSC 116
JuggernautJason36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18981
firebathero 188
Rush 127
Dewaltoss 97
Sexy 24
Shine 22
Bale 13
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8074
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever105
Counter-Strike
fl0m1561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1998
crisheroes1151
Liquid`Hasu783
XaKoH 147
MindelVK15
Other Games
Grubby2964
summit1g1966
Beastyqt699
FrodaN677
ceh9634
ArmadaUGS204
byalli199
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe158
Hui .147
QueenE103
Mew2King66
shahzam5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1707
League of Legends
• TFBlade1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur260
• WagamamaTV253
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 5m
Stellar Fest
18h 5m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.