• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8655 users

Post Your Watch! - Page 69

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 72 Next
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
January 23 2015 15:09 GMT
#1361
Well the only one I was 100% certain of buying was the Master Ultra Thin Moon 39, but I always imagined buying that when I got married as a wedding watch. Which isn't happening any time soon. I hadn't started seriously thinking about others just yet.

But some others I've considered:
GO Senator Observer or Senator Hand Date. Those subdials are PERFECTION.
JLC Master Memovox or Master Control
maybe go vintage with a Heuer Autavia or something.

... and that's sort of it for now. I am leaning towards the Senator Hand Date but I need to see it in person first. I already have a JLC so I don't want to have three by the time I get the MUT Moon
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Liebig
Profile Joined August 2010
France738 Posts
January 23 2015 15:39 GMT
#1362
On January 23 2015 22:17 Lazzi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 22:14 Liebig wrote:
On January 23 2015 21:19 lichter wrote:
Well shit, at first I scoffed at the Swiss Franc to Euro exchange rate debacle, but now that I actually read more about it it's become clear that buying now makes waaaay more sense than buying in 2 years time like I planned. An $8,000 watch now will cost ~$12,000 in 2 years (modest estimates of 10% increase from CHF, and 15% increases over the next two years). That means I'd have to find an investment with a 22% return just to ensure I don't lose money on opportunity cost.

So I might be forced to buy sooner than I expected.

After 2 years, time to browse again.

Or you don't buy a swiss watch

heresy

Dude, the only watches with truly continuous second hand movement are not even swiss :o
solsken
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden182 Posts
January 23 2015 15:39 GMT
#1363
Those are amazing looking subdials. Lumed hands on that is a bit peculiar though.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 23 2015 15:42 GMT
#1364
On January 24 2015 00:39 Liebig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2015 22:17 Lazzi wrote:
On January 23 2015 22:14 Liebig wrote:
On January 23 2015 21:19 lichter wrote:
Well shit, at first I scoffed at the Swiss Franc to Euro exchange rate debacle, but now that I actually read more about it it's become clear that buying now makes waaaay more sense than buying in 2 years time like I planned. An $8,000 watch now will cost ~$12,000 in 2 years (modest estimates of 10% increase from CHF, and 15% increases over the next two years). That means I'd have to find an investment with a 22% return just to ensure I don't lose money on opportunity cost.

So I might be forced to buy sooner than I expected.

After 2 years, time to browse again.

Or you don't buy a swiss watch

heresy

Dude, the only watches with truly continuous second hand movement are not even swiss :o


Not sure if it would be fun to get GS serviced.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
January 23 2015 16:03 GMT
#1365
That GS Snowflake though. It is absolutely stunning in person, pictures do not do it justice.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
January 23 2015 23:37 GMT
#1366
[image loading]
[image loading]

phone pics not that great
Liebig
Profile Joined August 2010
France738 Posts
January 24 2015 00:11 GMT
#1367
On January 24 2015 08:37 Kenshin_915 wrote:
[image loading]
[image loading]

phone pics not that great

Damn, that looks good, 'grats
solsken
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden182 Posts
January 24 2015 02:07 GMT
#1368
Nice one! Do you wear your watch that high up on your arm usually?
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
January 25 2015 00:26 GMT
#1369
On January 24 2015 11:07 solsken wrote:
Nice one! Do you wear your watch that high up on your arm usually?


Noap lol, that wasn't intentional
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
January 27 2015 00:42 GMT
#1370
On January 24 2015 01:03 lichter wrote:
That GS Snowflake though. It is absolutely stunning in person, pictures do not do it justice.


Can you believe I had a friend who bought it for the price of a Longines, and then sold it a few months later?
I posted some photos of it in the thread a while back. It's insanely beautiful. Have to be pretty crazy to let something like that go.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
xtorn
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
4067 Posts
January 29 2015 21:54 GMT
#1371
hey, quick question
where can i find something similar to this:

http://www.citizenwatch.de/de/Kollektion/Elegant/Chrono/AT801/AT8011-04E

..but with black body instead of silver-ish, and about the same price?

Thanks
<3 things - Life | Kane | Innovation | Scarlett | Solar | MMA
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-11 04:51:47
February 11 2015 04:34 GMT
#1372
On January 24 2015 08:37 Kenshin_915 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


phone pics not that great

[image loading]

Hello, my SARB brethren.

edit: took new pic
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
February 11 2015 14:28 GMT
#1373
+ Show Spoiler [Old Skagen - 8-9 years] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Old Skagen - 4 years] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Calvin Klein - Christmas 2012] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [New Skagen - Christmas 2014] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Jan Magnussen Watch/Merchandise - Chri…] +
[image loading]

Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-15 03:31:07
February 13 2015 19:10 GMT
#1374
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 11 2015 13:34 Ettick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2015 08:37 Kenshin_915 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


phone pics not that great

[image loading]

Hello, my SARB brethren.

edit: took new pic




Damn the white dial looks niceee.

Also got a new strap for mine, a black cordura one.
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Wow that pic looks awful ill upload a new one later
tnguye72
Profile Joined February 2015
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2015-02-20 01:36:02
February 20 2015 01:36 GMT
#1375
Bot edit.

User was banned for this post.
SCV Ready to go
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46478 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-27 23:30:47
May 27 2015 23:29 GMT
#1376
My fiancee just turned me on to Groupon a few weeks ago (tons of really great deals on pretty much everything), and there's a page on watches. Here is a link to the men's watches: https://www.groupon.com/goods/mens-watches

A lot of my friends and I have used Groupon for a lot of deals, and normally I wouldn't buy a watch without first putting it on, but the watch pages have measurements and you can always send them back
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
May 28 2015 00:23 GMT
#1377
On May 28 2015 08:29 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
My fiancee just turned me on to Groupon a few weeks ago (tons of really great deals on pretty much everything), and there's a page on watches. Here is a link to the men's watches: https://www.groupon.com/goods/mens-watches

A lot of my friends and I have used Groupon for a lot of deals, and normally I wouldn't buy a watch without first putting it on, but the watch pages have measurements and you can always send them back


There's also to-scale watch face measurements you can print out to get a more physical idea of what it will look like size wise.

Here's my watch:
[image loading]
[image loading]
vexXed
Profile Joined January 2012
Hong Kong16 Posts
May 30 2015 04:06 GMT
#1378
Haven't been around here in a long while but I've since been getting in to watches a lot more recently.

"I would never spend that much on a watch..."

"Such a waste of money..."

"All it does is tell the time..."

Yes, I said all those things before too... but I was suckered in. I can't really say what started it besides realizing that I had worn the same watch for the last 14 years and felt like an upgrade. Countless hours of reading and research on various websites - Watchuseek, TZ-UK, A Blog to Watch, Hodinkee and Worn & Wound among many other reviews and previews have boosted my knowledge and appreciation over the last 9 months.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Not a 'watch' brand but the one I wore for 14 years -

[image loading]

[image loading]

Sorry for the terribad phone pix!
_fool
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands685 Posts
June 03 2015 16:35 GMT
#1379
I have a SARB035 incoming Bit nervous about it, because I'm usually into clunky divers. Not sure if I'll wear it on the bracelet that comes with it, on classy leather, or (pitchforks at the ready!) a black nato.

Will post pics when it gets here!
"News is to the mind what sugar is to the body"
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6537 Posts
June 04 2015 19:46 GMT
#1380
[image loading]
Here's an old Kenneth Cole next to a new Fossil. I got it because of the striking smoke color. Unfortunately, it's also quite huge and hurt my wrists (also don't really need a second chronograph). But the color really looks amazing in person, the picture on their site doesn't do it justice. It's just a great color. It's something different if you're sick of the usual stainless steel but don't want to wear gold.

http://www.fossil.com/product/CH2970P?cm_vc=2091

[image loading]
So here's the new Skagen instead. I never had a Skagen. The mesh bands are pretty neat actually, it was easy to get used to.

http://www.skagen.com/us/en/men/products/watches/grenen-titanium-and-steel-mesh-multifunction-watch-pdpskw6146p.html
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 215
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2231
Shuttle 1373
Bale 55
Dewaltoss 49
Snow 38
Noble 35
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 564
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King269
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor494
Other Games
summit1g8630
C9.Mang0325
PiGStarcraft324
ArmadaUGS59
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• davetesta18
• Letter146
• Response 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo767
• Stunt137
Other Games
• Scarra732
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 12m
OSC
18h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.