• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8581 users

Life Tricks - Page 15

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 75 Next
seaofsaturn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States489 Posts
November 10 2010 06:25 GMT
#281
more awesome windows shortcuts please.
Photoshop is over-powered.
rayofpain
Profile Joined November 2008
Canada22 Posts
November 10 2010 06:47 GMT
#282
pretty sure everyone knows this but

press windows key+tab in win7
my friend laughed at me when i found this out after 6 months of using win7
i am so sorry
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 10 2010 07:02 GMT
#283
Making your own alcohol is easy and cheap... for making delicious cider see my blog.

Another use for alcohol is a surfactant. You know that peanut butter where the oil separates out and its hard to mix back in, and inevitably you get that hard crappy bit of peanut butter in the end?
One shot of hard liquor mixed into the jar of peanut butter will help make a much more stable emulsion and much tastier peanut butter.
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
November 10 2010 07:23 GMT
#284
Save your extra large coke you got from your last Mcdonald's, and clean it. Next time your thirsty, just sneak in and refill.
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
DROPPINBOMBS
Profile Joined April 2010
United States312 Posts
November 10 2010 07:34 GMT
#285
Catching up on my Teamliquid browsing while shitting.
Ideas are bullet-proof.
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
November 10 2010 07:37 GMT
#286
On November 10 2010 16:23 Dreamer.T wrote:
Save your extra large coke you got from your last Mcdonald's, and clean it. Next time your thirsty, just sneak in and refill.


i had a friend who kept dozens of empty fast food soft drink containers for just this purpose every time he ate at one lol.
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
November 10 2010 07:44 GMT
#287
On November 10 2010 15:47 rayofpain wrote:
pretty sure everyone knows this but

press windows key+tab in win7
my friend laughed at me when i found this out after 6 months of using win7


Oh man, I didn't even know that til I used my friend's laptop earlier. I don't have windows 7.

Alt-tab isn't just to get out of a window. Hold alt and then press tab repeatly will allow you to access to already-opened programs without just hitting alt-tab and click and whatnot
Aiyeeeee
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 07:54:38
November 10 2010 07:51 GMT
#288
If you are nervous about doing something (like public speaking) smell a bottle of vanilla immidiatly before you start. It calms you down literaly as you inhale. I thought this was BS when I first heard it, but I tried it right before going on for a city speach contest, and it worked like a charm. I won 1st (and $75). Suposably lavender works too, but I've never tried it.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
DROPPINBOMBS
Profile Joined April 2010
United States312 Posts
November 10 2010 07:56 GMT
#289
On November 10 2010 16:51 hacklebeast wrote:
If you are nervous about doing something (like public speaking) smell a bottle of vanilla immidiatly before you start. It calms you down literaly as you inhale. I thought this was BS when I first heard it, but I tried it right before going on for a city speach contest, and it worked like a charm. I won 1st (and $75). Suposably lavender works too, but I've never tried it.

I'm waiting to see a new Korean pro-gamer sniff a bottle of vanilla his first time in the box
Ideas are bullet-proof.
karasu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States29 Posts
November 10 2010 08:08 GMT
#290
An interesting trick I've discovered is if you're wanting soda and in a hurry, mix Pibb Xtra with Coke. It makes the foam/bubbles go away! If you can get the right Pibb:Coke ratio, you won't even taste the difference.
Dyllyn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Singapore670 Posts
November 10 2010 08:36 GMT
#291
On November 10 2010 17:08 karasu wrote:
An interesting trick I've discovered is if you're wanting soda and in a hurry, mix Pibb Xtra with Coke. It makes the foam/bubbles go away! If you can get the right Pibb:Coke ratio, you won't even taste the difference.


I'm confused (not from US) What exactly does soda refer to and why does pibbxtra+coke = soda?
scv rush ftw
bellyfrog
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand72 Posts
November 10 2010 08:58 GMT
#292
soda is carbonated soft drink (bubbles) it's not that those two = soda, it's that they interact to remove the bubbles from the coke so you can drink it faster.
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
November 10 2010 09:15 GMT
#293
On November 10 2010 03:06 Glasse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2010 07:51 Moody wrote:
On November 09 2010 06:13 Ryndika wrote:
On November 09 2010 00:54 Mykill wrote:
If somebody shakes your coke/sprite/pepsi whatever softdrink/soda/pop just rotate the can once around and it will not blow up in your face. its faster than tapping the can.

Heh little offtopic but it's scientifically proved that tapping does not help


Ryndika - Source?

Randomly saying "zomg science! " doesn't actually prove your point.


you have to hit the side of the cans and not the bottom for it to work. that was proven on mythbuster
also proven by me irl

KK, this was just about tapping the top of can :D
as useful as teasalt
divertiti
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada106 Posts
November 10 2010 09:41 GMT
#294
On November 10 2010 16:51 hacklebeast wrote:
If you are nervous about doing something (like public speaking) smell a bottle of vanilla immidiatly before you start. It calms you down literaly as you inhale. I thought this was BS when I first heard it, but I tried it right before going on for a city speach contest, and it worked like a charm. I won 1st (and $75). Suposably lavender works too, but I've never tried it.



Here's another tip: "suposably" isn't a word.
LooseMoose
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States184 Posts
November 10 2010 09:54 GMT
#295
On November 10 2010 18:41 divertiti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 16:51 hacklebeast wrote:
If you are nervous about doing something (like public speaking) smell a bottle of vanilla immidiatly before you start. It calms you down literaly as you inhale. I thought this was BS when I first heard it, but I tried it right before going on for a city speach contest, and it worked like a charm. I won 1st (and $75). Suposably lavender works too, but I've never tried it.



Here's another tip: "suposably" isn't a word.



He's a speaker, not a writer.

And maybe it should be a word. I'll start using it.
divertiti
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada106 Posts
November 10 2010 10:09 GMT
#296
On November 10 2010 18:54 LooseMoose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 18:41 divertiti wrote:
On November 10 2010 16:51 hacklebeast wrote:
If you are nervous about doing something (like public speaking) smell a bottle of vanilla immidiatly before you start. It calms you down literaly as you inhale. I thought this was BS when I first heard it, but I tried it right before going on for a city speach contest, and it worked like a charm. I won 1st (and $75). Suposably lavender works too, but I've never tried it.



Here's another tip: "suposably" isn't a word.



He's a speaker, not a writer.

And maybe it should be a word. I'll start using it.


He's a speaker not a writer? Do you know him well enough to be calling him illiterate?

No, it shouldn't be a word. Be it spoken or written, it's wrong.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
November 10 2010 10:16 GMT
#297
For those who don't like waiting to watch a video on youtube because of some stupid ad, just refresh (F5) the page and you won't get the ad again
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Greg_J
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
China4409 Posts
November 10 2010 10:27 GMT
#298
To the guy thats was talking about flashing you're lights at red lights. This does work.

This is all really obvious but I didn't realise till my mate told me. A lot of traffic lights use light sensetive cameras. But flashing obviously only helps if the sensor hasn't been triggered already. So if its busy it won't do anything at all realy. But If you're like the only car on the road then it often speeds up how quickly the lights change. If you drive the same roads a lot you'll work out pretty quickly which lights it works on (some are just straight out sequenced and have no sensors) and which it doesn't. I know every traffic light in Exeter U.K that this works on as I was a Pizza delivery guy whilst at uni.

Some lights it works a gem on. I've had lights go red in front of me flashed them and they have gone green straight away. (only happens if theres no one coming the other ways)


Also props on these keyboard shortcuts I didn't know the f2 renaming one thats really useful man
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
November 10 2010 10:35 GMT
#299
On November 10 2010 19:27 Greg_J wrote:
To the guy thats was talking about flashing you're lights at red lights. This does work.

This is all really obvious but I didn't realise till my mate told me. A lot of traffic lights use light sensetive cameras. But flashing obviously only helps if the sensor hasn't been triggered already. So if its busy it won't do anything at all realy. But If you're like the only car on the road then it often speeds up how quickly the lights change. If you drive the same roads a lot you'll work out pretty quickly which lights it works on (some are just straight out sequenced and have no sensors) and which it doesn't. I know every traffic light in Exeter U.K that this works on as I was a Pizza delivery guy whilst at uni.

Some lights it works a gem on. I've had lights go red in front of me flashed them and they have gone green straight away. (only happens if theres no one coming the other ways)


Also props on these keyboard shortcuts I didn't know the f2 renaming one thats really useful man


http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/strobe.asp


Street lights, are not triggered by flashing lights, but instead of the magnetic strip that is in the road which is triggered by your cars engine. Not by the high beams of your car.

A long time ago, in the 1980s or so, lights were triggered by a certain frequency of signals for emergency vehicles. However, it was not from the same frequency of high beams of an everyday motorist.

At least that's how it is in the United States.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
November 10 2010 10:44 GMT
#300
On November 10 2010 18:41 divertiti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 16:51 hacklebeast wrote:
If you are nervous about doing something (like public speaking) smell a bottle of vanilla immidiatly before you start. It calms you down literaly as you inhale. I thought this was BS when I first heard it, but I tried it right before going on for a city speach contest, and it worked like a charm. I won 1st (and $75). Suposably lavender works too, but I've never tried it.



Here's another tip: "suposably" isn't a word.

That would be an error in spelling rather than vocabulary. In my defence, I am on hour 25 without sleep. If there was only one spelling error in there I would be plesently surprised.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 75 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 17
JuggernautJason12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25699
Mini 412
Hyuk 204
firebathero 174
ggaemo 136
Mong 47
Dewaltoss 41
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 25
Dota 2
Gorgc10275
febbydoto5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1364
crisheroes1153
Liquid`Hasu780
Other Games
Grubby3180
FrodaN2444
fl0m1042
Beastyqt761
KnowMe181
mouzStarbuck171
Livibee151
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King58
Trikslyr47
ToD33
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• StrangeGG 53
• Adnapsc2 19
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 7
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8433
• WagamamaTV247
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 44m
INu's Battles
17h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.