• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8026 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 45

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 143 Next
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
June 06 2010 09:34 GMT
#881
I was trying to think up a new cool tag, my old names were random lame stuff.

I was reading a little kids picture book about ancient Egypt and I noticed the name Sobek, without even knowing what it was I thought it sounded tight as hell, then it turned out to be the ancient egyptian god of crocodiles. I know alot of ancient mythology and most people know about Osiris and Ra and whatever, but I had never heard anything about Sobek.

Sounds cool: Check
Cool meaning: Check
Really uncommon: Check

Perfect gamertag, added the 3 for cyber street cred


I also sometimes go by Tri0pyk8, which was something I randomly mashed in as the high score for an old mac game I used to play with my dad when I was about 7 called Spectre, he would drive and i would shoot. Somehow this combination stuck in my head permanently...
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Atrio
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines30 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-06 15:56:59
June 06 2010 15:56 GMT
#882
My name irl is Atrio.

I know, right?

I asked my parents why they named me Atrio. My dad said they watched a movie just before my mom gave birth and it was about a hero dog named Atrio.

Oh god. I'm named after a dog. D:
Tossgirl. 'Nuff said.
Amm92
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden24 Posts
June 06 2010 16:11 GMT
#883
First letters in my names + Birthyear? Oh yes.
GLHF.tv - Awesome Streaming
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
June 06 2010 16:19 GMT
#884
On June 06 2010 18:17 Torenhire wrote:
I just....well...

A guy with shaggy brown hair huddles over his computer keyboard in a dimly lit room, focusing intently on the World of Warcraft Vanilla beta character creation screen...He loved the paladin hero in Warcraft 3, it only made perfect sense to reroll one in WoW...

"To..ren..hire", he types slowly, cautiously, as if he might fumble and ruin this moment.

Looking up at the screen to seeing the result of his work, he leans back in his chair with a creak and exclaims,



"Genius!"



Literally, my name was randomly made up in my head. It means nothing, it stands for nothing (Except my friend told me it means "Tower Here" in Dutch? Someone able to confirm that? lol) other than me. If you ever see a "Torenhire" or "Torengire" or any variation in any game or forum, it's me.



Actually "Tower Here" would be "Toren hier", close enough though
I think esports is pretty nice.
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
June 06 2010 16:45 GMT
#885
On June 07 2010 01:19 Saechiis wrote:

Actually "Tower Here" would be "Toren hier", close enough though




Thanks! I agree, close enough. I subconsciously typed in Dutch! Almost!
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
June 06 2010 16:49 GMT
#886
My first race when I played Starcraft was Zerg.

I wanted an intimidating name so I decided that Zergneedsfood would scare everyone into thinking that I would eviscerate them with my claws or whatever.

And then I switched to Terran and there are STILL people who open up vZ against me because they think my name implies I'm going Zerg.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
eatmyshorts5
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1530 Posts
June 06 2010 16:51 GMT
#887
eatmyshorts is a jeer that Bart Simpson commonly says, and 5 is just a random number.
BF:BC2 ID: BisuStork//CJ Entusman #32
carpet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States81 Posts
June 06 2010 17:09 GMT
#888
When I was younger I used to play the backyard sports games, and "Pablo Sanchez' was the best at every single sport, and I just liked the guy. :D
k.taeyang
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Peru145 Posts
June 06 2010 20:02 GMT
#889
I was used to using FukuriDeath, but that was too copy-paste stuff.
k.taeyang is from my korean name: 경태 (Kyon-Tae)
the K is from the "kyon"
and the Taeyang stands of "Tae" which means Sun
노력은 절대 배신 하지 않다 - 이제동 Hardwork never betrays - Lee Jae Dong
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
June 06 2010 20:48 GMT
#890
On April 04 2010 21:52 buickskylark wrote:
my cousin vinny



Your name was my first car.

God damn that was a cool car.

[image loading]

mine was ALOT scarier looking though. Had a cracked windshield because someone had stolen it. It looked like it was from Carmageddon...
Each day gets better : )
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
June 06 2010 21:06 GMT
#891
From my D2 days. I was IH-Titan, a Javazon doin' endless, endless cows.

I just smacked my IRL name in front, since I believe Titan was taken at the time.

Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
SageFantasma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States383 Posts
June 06 2010 21:31 GMT
#892
After going through dozens of IDs for several different games/systems(I am horrible at making a name that I appreciate) I finally decided that I would just make a core name that means something to me and attach a prefix of a characteristic that I either believe I have or value.

For the core name, I wanted to do something that represented me as a gamer. When I created this "formula" if you will, I was playing a LOT of FPS and I was just getting into Starcraft again. So, I decided to do something from Starcraft that had some kind of representation from my play-style as a FPS gamer. As an FPS player, I've always loved sniping, and always will, so I chose Ghost as my original idea. But I felt that it was unoriginal and I was sure it could easily get flamed. My Italian friend(who was helping me come up with ideas) said that Fantasma was ghost in Italian. I thought it looked SOOOOOOOOO cool, so I used it.

Sage, well, I've always felt like I've been wise beyond my years, and I've always viewed PC gamers as being significantly more intelligent than console players. Therefore, I used good ol' thesaurus.reference.com and searched for wise. I found Sage and I liked it.

So, Sage + Fantasma=SageFantasma.

Extremely original and it means something to me.
LuckyLuke43
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway169 Posts
June 06 2010 21:38 GMT
#893
Used to play competetive counter-strike back in the day when norway had something called NESL(Norwegian E-Sports League). After the first season I basically gave up on it and just played LANs and cb, and was pretty rapidly known as the 'sickening fast AWP guy'. Somewhere along the line, some fan wrote me on irc: "God man.. you remind me of lucky luke! you're so fast with the awp, faster than your own shadow lol".

So after a couple years of retirement, I wanted a new nickname so no one would reckognize me; LuckyLuke. The 43 at the end will forever be a secret within a very small community! *roaaar*
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
aiyeeta
Profile Joined June 2007
United States199 Posts
June 08 2010 14:48 GMT
#894
Aiyeeta is only the first name of a character I created.

It all started thousands of years ago. Earth and Beyond got bought out by the devil (EA) and they closed it down due to their poor marketing. I was just about to subscribe and start playing with my friends when "Sunset" was announced, so they turned me onto EVE-Online. I used to go by Halcyon a lot, but naturally a name so cool as that was already taken. I was enrolled in a piano camp and one of the guest composers was named Aida (i-ee-dah). So I played off that and went with Aiyeeta Beaver... And I haven't had a girlfriend since. Probably unrelated, but true story.

Shortly after signing up at Teamliquid, I changed my user handle (permanently I hope) to Nallycz. I believe the story behind that is a thunderbolt struck the tip of my manly bits and embued it with the power to write the coolest name that has every existed. For a number of years, I have toyed with re-signing up here to have the coolest account, but I fear I'd get banned out of pure jealousy. You will often see Nallycz or [HDF]Nallycz running around, being useless all over the place in Teamfortress 2, Starcraft (1 and 2), Diablo 2, and most Half-Life (1 and 2) based games.

PS: waffqles is an awesome name, someone should change their name to waffqles. It's like waffles with a Q.
"...And that was the first time I got crabs"
CtrLZerG
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States104 Posts
June 08 2010 18:59 GMT
#895
A friend of mine decided that I needed a new account name... KaiZoKu- just wasn't cutting it back in the day... So we started just throwing names out. I was a Zerg playing, and my friend always made fun of me for my lack of microing capabilities, so as a joke, and to make people think I had good micro, we both decided on the name CtrLZerG (Pronounced Control Zerg) I didn't like the way ControLZerG looked, so i just shortened it to CtrLZerG. I think it's a cool name honestly =)
"If you write what you like, there's got to be something good about it, because you liked it" - Elliott Smith "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"
climax
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1088 Posts
June 08 2010 19:26 GMT
#896
Well I got this ID from the whole literature perspective of rising action, climax, and falling action. Originally I was just going to be RisingAction, just because it sound like some crazy dragonball z attack lol. I went with climax because my friend also joined a band calledThe Climax . It was quite a while ago but the name stuck. Maybe one of these days, I'll switch to RisingAction.
Twitter: @JonathanRosales
JinNJuice
Profile Joined June 2010
United States255 Posts
June 10 2010 13:19 GMT
#897
My middle name is Jin, and back in high school whenever i walked by, people would start singing Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice. So since my name was Jin, I made my name JinNJuice
YourMom
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania565 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-10 20:12:49
June 10 2010 20:12 GMT
#898
The reasoning behind my nickname is that once I will become good enough to play in streamed tournaments, casters will have to say my nickname in hilarious contexts. (ex. "YourMom is getting engaged from behind by stalkers").
I'm very good at making carriers.
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
June 10 2010 21:55 GMT
#899
On June 11 2010 05:12 YourMom wrote:
The reasoning behind my nickname is that once I will become good enough to play in streamed tournaments, casters will have to say my nickname in hilarious contexts. (ex. "YourMom is getting engaged from behind by stalkers").
hahaha. my name's eric and i've always believed i was funny.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Illison
Profile Joined May 2010
United States48 Posts
June 11 2010 09:06 GMT
#900
I use to play a mmorpg called Tibia (use to.. up until I got beta access I was playing it). Anyways I created a Sorcerer and thought it would be cool to be called Illusion, of course being 11 at the time I couldn't spell. So I named myself Illison, and it has stuck through out countless games, avatar, websites.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 67
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
IndyStarCraft 67
BRAT_OK 44
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30319
Bisu 2407
Shuttle 1620
Hyuk 980
EffOrt 671
Mini 640
ZerO 406
Larva 349
Soma 253
firebathero 210
[ Show more ]
hero 88
Hyun 47
PianO 44
Mong 43
Sexy 43
Trap 37
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 22
zelot 16
Rock 13
Terrorterran 13
Bale 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc10494
qojqva1724
Dendi856
Counter-Strike
fl0m2430
Fnx 25
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1482
crisheroes1110
Liquid`Hasu631
Other Games
singsing1959
FrodaN1050
B2W.Neo935
Beastyqt709
Mlord404
Hui .220
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX178
KnowMe144
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King74
Trikslyr31
CosmosSc2 14
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 58
• StrangeGG 41
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7962
League of Legends
• Jankos1701
Other Games
• Shiphtur265
• WagamamaTV199
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 42m
INu's Battles
19h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.