• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:32
CEST 15:32
KST 22:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)44Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9037 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 143 Next
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 20:21:13
April 04 2010 20:18 GMT
#301
well.................

you know what, i'll tell you the story of feelShinbi instead.
sometime in first year uni (i think), i met this korean guy who also plays starcraft, he wasn't very good but much better than most. anyway we were playing together for a bit 2v2's on sc, war3, some w3x ums etc, decided to make matching names..

so we wanted to have feelPleasure/feelPain in korean (so like feelGotong was his) but then feelPleasure ended up looking ugly romanized in english (feelKwaeram? idk something like that. anyone wanna refresh my memory?), so we went with feelShinbi cause it sounded nicer/looked nicer and still was matching. iirc shinbi means mystery

jeejee on the other hand i feel is pretty self-explanatory.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Ronald_McD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada807 Posts
April 04 2010 20:19 GMT
#302
I was 13 the first time I played StarCraft.
I like clowns because they creep people out
I figured I'd go for a popular clown
I really hate my ID now though LOL
FUCKING GAY LAGS
Arbiter[frolix]
Profile Joined January 2004
United Kingdom2674 Posts
April 04 2010 20:23 GMT
#303
The tag "frolix" comes from the Philip K Dick novel "Our Friends from Frolix 8", which I just liked the sound of and used in my first ever Starcraft ID. The Arbiter has been my favourite unit in Brood War pretty much since I discovered the game and started to play Protoss. When I joined TeamLiquid.net I just put the two together to make my ID here.
We are vigilant.
Speedbump
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
New Zealand338 Posts
April 04 2010 20:25 GMT
#304
Mine came about due to a joke in Casual MtG. The name originated in a game of Emperor, as the two people to the side were called 20-life speedbumps. Being the overly aggresive deck there, the role (and the name) stuck.
Dave[9]
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2365 Posts
April 04 2010 20:42 GMT
#305
Mine came around because it was at first Dave307, because 307 was a tag created by Bill307. There were a bunch of us, probably around 5 or 6. Later on fakesteve introduced me to day, in which he asked me if i wanted to join [9], and thus I became Dave[9]. Since then though you'd all would be surprised at how much people confuse us because of our names hahaha.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154&currentpage=316#6317
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
April 04 2010 20:45 GMT
#306
I like to puff trees.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Jack_Acer75
Profile Joined April 2010
United States95 Posts
April 04 2010 20:46 GMT
#307
Mine came from my gamertag for just about everything, JackofallAces. I never considered myself as an amazing gamer, just a pretty good one. So since the Jack falls a few places short of the best card in a deck, I decided it suited me. The problem was it was just such a long username, so I shortened it and added my lucky number to the end to make it something that (so far) people dont spam.
Fear the Crackling Tsunami!
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
April 04 2010 20:46 GMT
#308
I picked blitzkrieg because around the time I started playing low money maps I was taking a history course in highschool and learning about major events in the 20th century. Obviously it comes from Germany in WW2, I thought it sounded cool. Plus the teacher was always talking about how well it worked etc so I thought it fit well in a rts game. The ii .. well for some reason i wanted more vowels in my id so i put that there, also blitzkrieg was taken on bnet.

For a while now I have been using cts though (stands for Crack The Sky) which was an old clan I was in with a lot of friends in MoH:AA.
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
LemOn
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United Kingdom8629 Posts
April 04 2010 20:50 GMT
#309
I suck
Much is the father figure that I miss in my life. Go Daddy! DoC.LemOn, LemOn[5thF]
DeathByMonkeys
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States742 Posts
April 04 2010 21:02 GMT
#310
Who knows what I was thinking, I was a creative little shit back in the day
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
April 04 2010 21:06 GMT
#311
I've always hated making usernames. About 10 years ago when I joined a new bw clan I couldnt think of a username so the clan leader suggested Mastermind. Years later when I came back to bw when sc2 was announced I once against had trouble thinking of an ID, but I really wanted to join TL so I just used this old one from when I was younger.
Kentor *
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5784 Posts
April 04 2010 21:09 GMT
#312
Kenneth + elftor comics

Friends started to call me kentor at middle sku
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12815 Posts
April 04 2010 21:11 GMT
#313
diablo 2
leap + double-throw barbarian
jump away, throw, jump again
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 21:17:56
April 04 2010 21:16 GMT
#314
I used to play against some guy named "kiss" with random letters after it a lot. And he was pretty good at the time. Then B-Blade the progamer made the scene and I thought the Blade part was cool too. So I made Kissblade. xD

^ damnit your story is so much better than mine. =\
Imbu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States903 Posts
April 04 2010 21:18 GMT
#315
My first ID was QE11even. Forgot why i choose to use Q and 11, but the idea was to mimic the Korean singer Se7en's name. This worked, until I remembered that Eleven is spelled with one "l", not two...

Now it's orz.fail. The orz is a guy on the ground (sort of like OTL), and then the fail is... my starcraft skill. XD
@DreamingBird
G3nXsiS
Profile Joined July 2009
United States656 Posts
April 04 2010 21:20 GMT
#316
Before I had this ID I went by XATMO8G. Its a name of a boss robot in FF8 that I had lots of trouble fighting against. I then decided on the name Genesis but obviously that was too common and no place would accept it so I modified it and wallah you get G3nXsiS.
Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
April 04 2010 21:21 GMT
#317
stePHen.
Hello
TyrantGuardian
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden76 Posts
April 04 2010 21:22 GMT
#318
My nick is taken from a bit of lyrics from the song "Exodus" by the band Fates Warning.
'Far beyond the prophecy of tyrant guardians."

I used to go by Nerothos though, taken from the randomly named Dreadlord in WC3, but I felt it was too un-original in the long run (lots of WoW players went by that name, for instance).
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
April 04 2010 21:22 GMT
#319
My normal id was "Diamondback2" since I was 6 (can't honestly remeber why I picked it back than)

When I went to iCCup, "iCCup.Diamondback2" was too long so it became iCCup.Diamond
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
ryuu_
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1266 Posts
April 04 2010 21:22 GMT
#320
My names changed alot over the years being the little nub I am, but I used to play alot of cs1.6 and street fighter in the arcades/gameboys/etc etc, but my favorite guns were always a deagle and an ak47 or awp, which were always great at killing effectively and oneshotting and my favorite character in SF was Ryu. So as I played 1.6 more competitively, I'd always try and go in getting oneshots to take clutch kills in scrims, so in honor of my favorite street fighter character + you = what happened in cs. I attributed my one shots to hadoukens and you.(the opponent). The _ is just because ryuu is taken just because its probably common since it means style or dragon in japanese as well. Pretty lame story
♣ Jaedong. Stork. Bisu. Calm. NaDa. SC2: Sen, MKP, DRG, MMA, Grubby, NonY, Ret, Jinro, TLO, Sheth, HayprO, Zenio,Taeja,Snute, Sea, Rain, MC,Squirtle,Stephano,Parting ,Life, and HEROOOOO <3
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1063
ComeBackTV 352
SteadfastSC283
TaKeTV 252
LamboSC2221
Rex106
IndyStarCraft 50
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 283
LamboSC2 221
ProTech156
Rex 106
IndyStarCraft 50
BRAT_OK 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39033
Shuttle 2616
Bisu 1005
Horang2 869
Jaedong 808
Mini 778
EffOrt 679
Light 510
Soma 389
BeSt 349
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 337
firebathero 329
Stork 268
Snow 205
Rush 185
ZerO 169
Zeus 161
ggaemo 135
Last 108
Leta 87
Pusan 78
hero 76
sorry 72
Killer 71
Sharp 46
Mong 45
Mind 39
soO 31
Shinee 30
Aegong 28
Shine 26
Free 25
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 24
Sexy 24
Trap 22
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 17
Yoon 17
NotJumperer 17
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
zelot 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7289
qojqva1597
Dendi862
Fuzer 132
420jenkins72
Counter-Strike
x6flipin384
markeloff188
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2013
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 172
Other Games
gofns30256
singsing2142
olofmeister1304
B2W.Neo1038
Mlord250
DeMusliM175
Livibee163
Hui .138
Liquid`VortiX123
ArmadaUGS121
QueenE89
Mew2King86
Chillindude16
ZerO(Twitch)13
Railgan10
fpsfer 1
ToD0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1812
League of Legends
• Jankos2339
• Nemesis1729
• TFBlade721
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 28m
Stellar Fest
23h 28m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.