• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:15
CEST 06:15
KST 13:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8740 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 17

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 143 Next
IskatuMesk
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada969 Posts
April 04 2010 21:27 GMT
#321
My name IskatuMesk is actually two different names.

Iskatu is the Zegredark Templar space fleet from my novel. They represent pride, honor, control and strength. However, they are locked in a state of sleep and have essentially reached an evolutionary dead-end. Though strong, they are dying. The fleet is ancient, billions of years old, and idolizes an old way of thinking.

Iskatu as a name represents these attributes.

Mesk is the second-gen fleet associated with the Dunnmur project. In short, it represents chaos, corruption, desperation, yet endless possibilities.

Mesk as a name represents the polar of the Iskatu fleet. Though they are both Templar fleets, the Mesk is a project born of an age of armageddon. The technology they are derived from is exotic and arcane, and the environment they are built in is total chaos.

Though these names reflect upon two space forces in my novel, they also reflect upon my mentality as a whole. With my mental illnesses, I have some traits of multiple personalities, and my thoughts can be "split" between order and chaos. Thus, the name represents what would become of the whole if I were able to control all of the forces and unify them.

Which will never happen.

But eh, whatever.
hero33
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada122 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 21:28:20
April 04 2010 21:28 GMT
#322
hero33, hero 1-32 were taken
/thread
Anyone can become famous, Just set urself on fire
Sc1pio
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States823 Posts
April 04 2010 21:31 GMT
#323
I was sitting around wondering why nobody named themselves after famous generals or something in pro SC (to the best of my knowledge at the time), and the first one that came to mind was Scipio Africanus.

Scipio was taken on US East, so I added the 1, though now in SC2 it's back to the plain text.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's there are few. " -Shunro Suzuki | fortuna fortes adiuvat
hero33
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada122 Posts
April 04 2010 21:32 GMT
#324

yeah sure..
Anyone can become famous, Just set urself on fire
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
April 04 2010 21:45 GMT
#325
Character from a Rick Riley novel.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Olorin.SVK
Profile Joined December 2008
Slovakia136 Posts
April 04 2010 21:49 GMT
#326
On April 04 2010 21:50 Orome wrote:
I was 15 and liked LOTR...


I know what you mean :-D But I am happy with mine.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
April 04 2010 21:50 GMT
#327
Born in the year of the sheep and I like meat. And I enjoy drawing little comics of meat eating sheep on homeworks/tests. Baa ^_^
TranslatorBaa!
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 04 2010 21:54 GMT
#328
Back in the days, I liked to type out rofl a lot instead of lol. I enjoyed laughing quite a bit when I was young, so I named myself Roffles.
God Bless
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
April 04 2010 21:56 GMT
#329
My favourite move (by Albus in Albus mode) from the game Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.
[TLMS] REBOOT
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
April 04 2010 21:56 GMT
#330
On April 05 2010 06:54 Roffles wrote:
Back in the days, I liked to type out rofl a lot instead of lol. I enjoyed laughing quite a bit when I was young, so I named myself Roffles.


I enjoyed laughing quite a bit when I was young


BUT NOW I DESPISE IT.
Chains none
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
April 04 2010 21:59 GMT
#331
Looked in a scientific dictionary randomly until I found a word i liked ^_^
:)
k20a
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada412 Posts
April 04 2010 21:59 GMT
#332
On April 04 2010 18:49 danmooj1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2010 18:45 k20a wrote:
k20a...
210 hp 2.0L engine
beautiful engine


why not k20? 230 hp 2.0L

mine is actually an acronym in korean.
dansoon = simple
mooshik = stupid
jiral = oh how do i explain this one

dan + moo + j + 1 = danmooj1

danmooji is also yellow pickled radish


oh I know but k20a sounds cooler and the first letter of my name is A so whynot :p
"It's like that one time Luke Skywalker threw the ring in to Mordor to kill Hitler, or something" - Tasteless
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
April 04 2010 22:05 GMT
#333
Rolled my face over the keyboard and deleted superfluous consonants back when I was 15.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
BossHogg
Profile Joined October 2009
United States44 Posts
April 04 2010 22:11 GMT
#334
my last name is hogg and im a boss
CrownRoyal
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Vatican City State1872 Posts
April 04 2010 22:12 GMT
#335
pretty self explanatory, but i was 16 and it was my favorite liquor to drink
You're pretty when I'm drunk.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
April 04 2010 22:12 GMT
#336
My name is Kim, i started smoking, been called SmoKim ever since, so i just stick with that for game ID's
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44330 Posts
April 04 2010 22:17 GMT
#337
First time I needed an online avatar was playing www.kweeky.net/galaxy

Text based massive multiplayer online turn/tick strategy game online.
kweeky gave me the kw and adding random vowels and playing with the sound gave me kwark.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Clow
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Brazil880 Posts
April 04 2010 22:20 GMT
#338
Sakura Card Captors, Clow Reed.

The first online game I played was.. Ragnarok Online, I made a mage and called it Clow. The only problem I have with this nickname is that people never pronunciate it right T_T (It's not 'CLAW', the 'O' sounds like in 'LOW'.)
(–_–) CJ Entusman #33
Methos
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States206 Posts
April 04 2010 22:23 GMT
#339
In empire earth there was a cheat called "My name is methos" so I am using methos
DeathByMonkeys
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States742 Posts
April 04 2010 22:23 GMT
#340
On April 05 2010 06:28 hero33 wrote:
hero33, hero 1-32 were taken
/thread


Haha, oh so original.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
SpeCial 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2031
Snow 67
NaDa 34
Bale 28
Noble 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
Counter-Strike
taco 556
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1420
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1096
WinterStarcraft621
Other Games
summit1g8526
Doublelift2243
JimRising 673
PiGStarcraft291
C9.Mang0179
Maynarde146
ArmadaUGS145
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick809
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 19
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki164
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1233
• Rush716
• Stunt284
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 46m
OSC
8h 46m
Stellar Fest
8h 46m
OSC
19h 46m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.