• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8105 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 18

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 143 Next
Hallucinogenic
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3 Posts
April 04 2010 22:23 GMT
#341
Because I love Psychedelics and Hallucinogens :D
I see sound. :D
Pajalny1k
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary11 Posts
April 04 2010 22:28 GMT
#342
The first time i went out to drink beer (with my mother and uncle) I asked my uncle to give me a good name, and he said Pajalnyik (паяльник), it means soldering-iron in russian i think. It sound good (i pronounce it something like paialnik) and it has some connection to my university studies, control engineering and information technology.
Zen students must learn to waste time conscientiously.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
April 04 2010 22:29 GMT
#343
there was a ps2 game called the getaway
the best car in the game was the skyline gtr
i wanted to post in the gamefaqs getaway forums
you can figure it out from there

my other id..... only k-pop people would know it :3
Commentator
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 04 2010 22:30 GMT
#344
i love how many people's first posts are in this thread, yeeeeeee
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
imDerek
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1944 Posts
April 04 2010 22:32 GMT
#345
i'm derek..
Least favorite progamers: Leta, Zero, Mind, Shine, free, really <-- newly added
Murlox
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France1699 Posts
April 04 2010 22:35 GMT
#346


+ drunk typo

= approved
Resistance ain't futile
SanguineToss
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada815 Posts
April 04 2010 22:38 GMT
#347
This is probably the gayest one ever...but anyways
SanguineToss isn't my most common Aka but just one i made on Tl after i got banned for a stupid nickname like protoss1a2a3a
Manifesto7 hated the name so he told me to come back with another..
at that moment my SAT book was opened and Sanguine was one of the words that i had trouble memorizing and to memorize it i put it on my Tl id hahaha

gay i know
LightRailCoyote
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States982 Posts
April 04 2010 22:42 GMT
#348
LightRailCoyote is a Sleater-Kinney song that I really like.

(Man mine is boring)
AKA SurfSolar ----- This is the product of a DIY inadequate home
RoTaNiMoD
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States558 Posts
April 04 2010 22:42 GMT
#349
After a string of poorly chosen names (with one exception, SoulCutter), I decided to choose a cool backwards name. Retsam was the first I thought of, but I had on rare occasion seen other people with that. After long reflection, rotanimod finally came to mind. Not only is it unique (at least it used to be, I have seen a couple posers now) but it has a sweet alternating consonant-vowel pattern which makes it look badass with alternating caps.

Now that I am older and more professional, alternating caps is less befitting and I generally go by rotanimod or Rotanimod. My actual gamer tag, though, will forever be RoTaNiMoD.
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
April 04 2010 22:43 GMT
#350
Pape
-Nickname of Safet Susic
-Most famous footballer from my small hometown
-One of the greatest midfielders from all of former Yugoslavia
-Named as PSG's (Pair Saint Germain) greatest player of all time earlier year
-Currently head coach of the Bosnian national team

For some of you that aren't familiar with the older players like him, here is a quote that very well describes him to some of the greats of today:

"On 5 February 2010, France Football choose Sušić as the best player in the history of Paris Saint-Germain, ahead of players such as Nicolas Anelka, Youri Djorkaeff, Ronaldinho, George Weah, Joel Bats, Mustapha Dahleb and Luis Fernández."
good luck have fun!
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
April 04 2010 22:44 GMT
#351
On April 05 2010 07:42 RoTaNiMoD wrote:
After a string of poorly chosen names (with one exception, SoulCutter), I decided to choose a cool backwards name. Retsam was the first I thought of, but I had on rare occasion seen other people with that. After long reflection, rotanimod finally came to mind. Not only is it unique (at least it used to be, I have seen a couple posers now) but it has a sweet alternating consonant-vowel pattern which makes it look badass with alternating caps.

Now that I am older and more professional, alternating caps is less befitting and I generally go by rotanimod or Rotanimod. My actual gamer tag, though, will forever be RoTaNiMoD.


I remember a decent WC3 player who went by RoTaNiMoD o_O
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
never_Nal
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica676 Posts
April 04 2010 22:49 GMT
#352
Mine came from two nicknames , from two friends that taught me how to play SC.
Nal_zero and never_toss
never_Nal

Then I changed to ClockWise, the reason i chose this was because I started to play 100% standard, going with the flow baby :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 04 2010 22:52 GMT
#353
man clockwise is a really cool ID, nice!
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Imperator
Profile Joined June 2009
United States246 Posts
April 04 2010 22:53 GMT
#354
I picked my handle because I have a great fascination with Ancient Rome, and its emperors in particular. Imperator was one of many titles the Roman emperors had and the Englsh word "emperor" derives from "Imperator".
LiquipediaAll war is deception. Think your enemy has a weakness and it becomes his strength. - Roy Mustang | CJ Entusman #55
gumbum8
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States721 Posts
April 04 2010 22:54 GMT
#355
Wayyyy back in elementary school i was chewing gum playing online pool with a friend at candystand.com. I entered the id "gum" for a game. The next game I feel like I should diversify a little, so I look outside, and what do I see... A bum. gum+bum=gumbum.
I never forgot that name, so i tried to use it to make my email account, but it was taken at hotmail... so I took gumbum8. never forgot, never will ^^
but really, has anyone REALLY been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
April 04 2010 22:57 GMT
#356
Heh my ID came about because when I 1st started I wanted an ID that had some kind of intimidating aspect to it but Slaughter was taken so I was Slaughterbot. When I joined my clan I became Slaughter^|3io and later Slaughter)BiO when Bnet banned some symbols. I dropped the )BiO because the clan had died.
Never Knows Best.
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
April 04 2010 22:58 GMT
#357
On April 05 2010 02:41 ironchef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 02:29 mOnion wrote:
On April 05 2010 02:26 Halfpastnoob wrote:
sooo one boring afternoob


ROFL win typo is win

i cant believe how easily some of you guys picked your tags. I literally put days into weeks of consideration, including lists of possible ID's and eliminating them with friends, getting suggestions etc etc.

but YOU guys are like "oh i just saw an envelope" XD looooooooool


Yea I'm kinda like that. Whenever i play an rpg and the name screen comes up >.> this could take a while...More often than not, just end up forcing myself to just pick anything for the sake of time.




Im also insanely slow when it comes to choosing names, if the names i usually use are taken then it can take days until i think of something.
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
Housemd
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1407 Posts
April 04 2010 23:05 GMT
#358
http://www.fox.com/house/index1.htm

All you need to know...
Fantasy is a beast
Schismotive
Profile Joined March 2009
United States60 Posts
April 04 2010 23:06 GMT
#359
I just took the idea from the Tool song schism, and decided that 'motive' is a cool word, so i put the two together. Sometimes I make it 'schis' or 'motive' for short, but thats about it.
Doing to blue what blue does to you.
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
April 04 2010 23:06 GMT
#360
I really like pet animals, like dogs/cats/birds etc. so my ID is named after St. Blasius, patron saint of domestic animals.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1263
ComeBackTV 933
SteadfastSC773
TaKeTV 520
IndyStarCraft 179
Rex164
EnkiAlexander 80
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 773
IndyStarCraft 179
Rex 153
ProTech129
BRAT_OK 28
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44871
Bisu 2469
EffOrt 990
Shuttle 607
Mini 485
BeSt 481
Soma 448
Light 410
Larva 369
ZerO 213
[ Show more ]
Rush 205
Hyuk 149
firebathero 76
Mong 70
Sea.KH 67
910 61
Snow 58
Pusan 54
Sexy 41
ToSsGirL 35
Trap 31
Aegong 31
Terrorterran 27
Bale 22
JYJ 19
Shine 16
Rock 13
yabsab 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8963
qojqva1120
Counter-Strike
fl0m893
Fnx 812
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1434
Khaldor1173
Other Games
singsing1899
hiko1437
Beastyqt656
Livibee194
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS158
KnowMe118
XaKoH 114
QueenE88
Mew2King81
DeMusliM71
FrodaN37
ZerO(Twitch)16
CosmosSc2 5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 33
• mYiSmile131
• Gemini_19 11
• Hinosc 9
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• Michael_bg 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3840
• TFBlade440
Other Games
• Shiphtur345
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 56m
Online Event
18h 56m
FEL
23h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.