• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:42
CEST 00:42
KST 07:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8484 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 20

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 143 Next
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
April 05 2010 00:51 GMT
#381
I had the nickname chewy from middle school/highschool because I chewed on my pencils back then (dont anymore). A friend thought it was sort of an asian name and spelled it chui, I tacked on a u because some sites require usernames to be at least 5 characters long for completely superfluous reasons and since then I've had the same user name for over a decade.
♞
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
April 05 2010 00:55 GMT
#382
My first tennis racket was a Prince O3:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I suck so much at tennis that my friends made fun of me saying that all I had was the "power of O3." Lame I know, but I was too lazy to think of another ID.

+ Show Spoiler +
My iccup ID is VadeRo3 (O3 + Darth Vader)
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
April 05 2010 01:01 GMT
#383
I was 14, a huge fan of the phantom comics!! Had a ton and couldnt come up with anything else. A friend of mine had a nickname called himself preda2r (2 = to in norwegian) so then I grabbed his idea and made ThePhan2m. Later I have regretted several times and teamliquid only allows one id and one acc so gg
topspinserve
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States147 Posts
April 05 2010 01:04 GMT
#384
On April 05 2010 09:55 o3.power91 wrote:
My first tennis racket was a Prince O3:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I suck so much at tennis that my friends made fun of me saying that all I had was the "power of O3." Lame I know, but I was too lazy to think of another ID.

+ Show Spoiler +
My iccup ID is VadeRo3 (O3 + Darth Vader)


Mine's tennis-related too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serve_(tennis)#Topspin_serve
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
April 05 2010 01:06 GMT
#385
It's a Pantera song. I don't even like Pantera, but I like the song.
Nub4ever
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1981 Posts
April 05 2010 01:07 GMT
#386
I got this by searching names for a Maplestory character back when I played it and then I found this, was already taken on MS but ended up using it for other games and it err, kinda stuck
Dota 3hard5me
Floydian
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom374 Posts
April 05 2010 01:12 GMT
#387
When I started to use this nick I was obsessed with Pink Floyd. I suppose it was originally Floydian_Slip, as in a play on a Freudian slip, but I very rarely use it that way. These days I don't even listen to them that much, still love them but in a different phase these days. But I like the nick so heyho.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-05 01:28:50
April 05 2010 01:21 GMT
#388
I'm actually christopher lee
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Grim(Reaper)
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada58 Posts
April 05 2010 01:22 GMT
#389
i like death.
you call down the thunder?
DrivE
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States2554 Posts
April 05 2010 01:22 GMT
#390
I like driving.
LUCK IS NO EXCUSE
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
April 05 2010 01:27 GMT
#391
Got mine as a smurf while playing warsow, where you could colour your names. I started to like it and it was unique so I kept it and started using it in sc too although it is kinda lame without colours TT
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
April 05 2010 01:55 GMT
#392
this thread probably has the most individual posters ever.

my name: the number of frames per second i get when i play counter strike. i still get a decent score.
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Zexion
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Sweden971 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-05 02:06:03
April 05 2010 02:03 GMT
#393
Taken from Kingdom Hearts I think...it was a long time ago

Maybe the story behind my SC2 nick is a little more interesting though. Quickfix is my band's unofficial name (we don't have an official name yet) and mindsun (from Mind Sun) is also the unoffical name of our band, but it's just some kind of bad internal joke mixing the names of our friends' bands, Glacius Mind and Disember Sun (both are official names).

Quickfix has a meaning for us, unlike Mind Sun, but I'm not going to start explaining it here
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
April 05 2010 02:03 GMT
#394
This thread is amazing. Awesome monion.

My story told from another person's perspective:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=80309

What was posted that night in the "change my username" thread:
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 11 2008 18:22 thedeadhaji wrote:
Request from 40 pple at Anaheim:

Please change Waterdragon's ID to GhostClaw.

Thanks,
DJETTER


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3398&currentpage=69
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
April 05 2010 02:05 GMT
#395
When I wanted to join a WW2 clan on SC original (meaning the clan was based around playing a certain map or 2 stylized to mimic world war two) I had to pick a name for myself. I was a youngin and just randomly combined two expressions, "dude" and "man" together, then slapped on the clans' "001" tag onto the end. 6 years later I carry the same name on most of my accounts across the internet.
Sup.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-05 02:07:58
April 05 2010 02:06 GMT
#396
On April 05 2010 11:03 Zexion wrote:
Taken from Kingdom Hearts I think...it was a long time ago



uhhhhh he's the guy with the bangs right? H/O brb lemme check

EDIT: YUP i got it, sup? who got 100% complete in KH1 and KH2? THIS GUY
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
April 05 2010 02:07 GMT
#397
"Hear what i mean not what i said"

I tend to make gafs saying things and typing things differently then what i mean at which i need to explain what i meant, so as i thought "lost in translation" was too long i went for semantics mainly under denotation. also it has the word seman in it hehehehehe =p i also went under semanticks, as some ppl read it as seman dicks and it's a little miss spelled and tend to tick people off lol has many reasons.
Magnificent
Profile Joined March 2010
United States41 Posts
April 05 2010 02:08 GMT
#398
im just...... well.... magnificent..... all around
endo8910
geegee1
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States618 Posts
April 05 2010 02:09 GMT
#399
gee from girl generations :3 then i just wanted to add a number.
pew pew
SilentCrono
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1420 Posts
April 05 2010 02:12 GMT
#400
Methos is from Highlander. I watched that movie when I was 8 years old and have used the name ever since.
♞ Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse. ♞
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 497
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 97
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
League of Legends
Doublelift3760
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4502
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
summit1g13808
FrodaN1512
JimRising 341
KnowMe239
Livibee195
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1066
• Shiphtur570
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 18m
Patches Events
16h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 18m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.