• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8515 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 21

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 143 Next
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 05 2010 02:14 GMT
#401
QQ (crying face) -> kyuukyuu
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
April 05 2010 02:18 GMT
#402
Swimteam= Most racist, sexist, hilarious team on the planet.
Me=Asian
2003=Year Matrix Reloaded came out, also my first year on the swimteam.

Swimteam+2003+Me= Key Maker

Key Maker was taken online, so I began using Keemaker, or Kimaker. Kimaker was shorter. Hence, I am Kimaker.

Disclaimer: The racism and sexism was a playful friendly sort with absolutely scathing disregard for any form of political correctness.
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
johnlee
Profile Joined June 2009
United States242 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-05 02:22:22
April 05 2010 02:21 GMT
#403
My name is John Lee... lol...

As you may figure, it's usually taken in most sites LOL. One of the most generic American first names with one of the most generic Korean last names. Yay...

I will make sure to give my children good, unique first names T_T
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
April 05 2010 02:27 GMT
#404
d(O.O)b was taken on bnet when I made this account and so I figured a comes before b and therefor is superior and since it wasn't symmetrical with the a I dropped the second big eye.
Hi.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 05 2010 02:28 GMT
#405
On April 05 2010 11:27 d(O.o)a wrote:
d(O.O)b was taken on bnet when I made this account and so I figured a comes before b and therefor is superior and since it wasn't symmetrical with the a I dropped the second big eye.


also he's like a pirate. with like a hook

a
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
captainwaffles
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1050 Posts
April 05 2010 02:34 GMT
#406
Back in 2004 when I first got XBL, I wanted my nick to be shadow something... original I know (I was 12). But of course every "cool" variation was taken. I wanted to have an authoritative name, so captain was good, and at the time I really liked waffles. TA DA! When I joined team Funtastic I shortened it to Waffles[FuN]. Although I still do captainwaffles/Captain Waffles/CaptainWaffles whenever I can.
https://x.com/CaptainWaffless
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
April 05 2010 02:39 GMT
#407
Back around 2002, when I was 13, I went through a bunch of in-game names. After getting Metroid Prime for christmas that year I decided to go with the name MetaRidley, which I later shortened to Meta. Of course, I had no idea the term would later be used to describe the generic developments of strategical mind games when it comes to e-sports or other games in general.

Anyway, this ID is taken for the most part on every forum/game so I also go by Cozee, which is simply a name I made up for my most recent (and final) wow character.
good vibes only
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
April 05 2010 02:41 GMT
#408
At the time I registered I was taking grad Analysis (based on the book by Royden). Since the whole course was pretty much about Measure Theory, Henry Lebesgue was on my mind all the time.

Since he was one of the greatest mathematicians of all time, I thought it would be cool to have that as a nickname. Turned out there are fewer math geeks registered here than I thought and the nick was free
HeartOfTofu
Profile Joined December 2009
United States308 Posts
April 05 2010 02:42 GMT
#409
I like tofu...
I like to asphixiate myself while covered in liquid latex... Do you?
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
April 05 2010 02:43 GMT
#410
i was really into the theory of how to play terran effectively back when i started so i named my bnet ID "Terranist" to sort of signify that i'm a scholar of terran or play it almost religiously. although that doesn't matter now because i play protoss.
The Show of a Lifetime
Yammiez
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada186 Posts
April 05 2010 02:45 GMT
#411
Back in primary school, there was a new student that had the same first name as me. Of course what everybody starts doing is start calling me by just my last name, Yam (which I find normal now). Then I explain this to some girls in high school and soon enough, after their fun/cute manipulation on words, Yammers, Yammies, Yammiez popped out. I just took the one with the Z.
Smash fear, learn anything; except for spiders
CKSide
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States223 Posts
April 05 2010 02:50 GMT
#412
Castle King Side.
Yay for chess.
Check
Infundibulum
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-05 02:54:43
April 05 2010 02:54 GMT
#413
From the book The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut Jr., in which a chrono-synclastic infundibulum is a cosmic phenomena. It is the place where everything (and thus by extension nothing) is true. When one of the character's spaceship flies through the infundibulum, he is turned into a probability wave that stretches from the sun to Betelgeuse.

I thought the word sounded cool so i used it and added random capital letters because that's what i did when i was 15.

edit: which means i've been on tlnet for 7 years.... holy shit
LoL NA: MothLite == Steam: p0nd
pikaaarrr :3
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States593 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-05 03:01:41
April 05 2010 02:57 GMT
#414
My first multiplayer game I actively played was CS:S (hey, I'm only 16!)

Originally, I went by ChiefStubbyBear, since that was a nickname some of my friends gave me a while back. I joined some random clan, and I decided to get a better nickname, since ChiefStubbyBear was too long to fit with a tag. Some of the people on the servers I played on a lot (Sludgeworks Deathmatch and Webkillers 4 24/7 Office, if you care to know) had some pokemon nicknames, so I decided to be my personal favorite, Pikachu! ;3
I went through a series of name changes when I was trying to make a CAL-O team (incidently the season before it died), but nothing stuck the way Pikachu did. Except, all my friends always said pika, since pikachu was apparently too long to bother saying. So, I grew to become pika, which evolved into pikaaarrr for some reason when I started competitive TF2. Now on TF2 I occasionally go by fantaisie, which is just from a piano piece I started playing (fantaisie-impromptu)

On ICCUP me and my 2v2 partner (jgju on tl) go by nurse.joy and officer.jenny respectively.
numLoCK
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1416 Posts
April 05 2010 03:01 GMT
#415
I looked down at the keyboard.
R0YAL
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1768 Posts
April 05 2010 03:03 GMT
#416
On April 05 2010 02:29 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 02:26 Halfpastnoob wrote:
sooo one boring afternoob


ROFL win typo is win

i cant believe how easily some of you guys picked your tags. I literally put days into weeks of consideration, including lists of possible ID's and eliminating them with friends, getting suggestions etc etc.

but YOU guys are like "oh i just saw an envelope" XD looooooooool


its true... he made up like 14 IDs a day for a month before he settled with mOnion x_x

for me i used to live on a street called Royal Adelade, Royal sounded like a sweet ID but of course its taken so i settled with R0YAL. hmm now that i think of it maybe i should switch to RoyalAdelade... o_O
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Dacendoran
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States825 Posts
April 05 2010 03:09 GMT
#417
Mine is from ana amzing book series called harshini chronicles =o
ccou
Profile Joined December 2008
United States681 Posts
April 05 2010 03:22 GMT
#418
I hit my keyboard with my foot a couple of times.
Wake up Mr. B!
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-05 04:00:58
April 05 2010 03:59 GMT
#419
Back when I played SC a lot, everyone I played with had a ridiculous name. One guy was Iamawh0re, another was GayAssFarm (later became Insane), another was scoliosisvictem, and I had a terrible name stolen from a Godsmack song that was way too serious for a video game. I wanted something that really made no sense, but was recognizable, so I went with SweetLemons, and then I thought that I'd like the name to begin and end in capitals, and then I thought it looked dumb as SweetLemonS, so I capitalized the T as well.

On April 05 2010 11:28 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 11:27 d(O.o)a wrote:
d(O.O)b was taken on bnet when I made this account and so I figured a comes before b and therefor is superior and since it wasn't symmetrical with the a I dropped the second big eye.


also he's like a pirate. with like a hook

a


I always saw it as a confused face, and the a was scratching the head.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
SeeDLiNg
Profile Joined January 2010
United States690 Posts
April 05 2010 04:04 GMT
#420
I really like FF8 (pre-disc 4)
hence, SeeD
which is too short for most any website

made the rest of the name up when the girlfriend bought a baby plant
hence, seedling

still wanted SeeD but SeeDling looked stupid... So I threw in the L and N

SeeDLiNg
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O182
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 497
ZZZero.O 182
Hyun 97
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
League of Legends
Doublelift3760
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4502
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
summit1g13808
FrodaN1542
JimRising 341
KnowMe239
Livibee195
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick744
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1081
• Shiphtur570
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 16m
Patches Events
16h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 16m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.