• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:04
CEST 09:04
KST 16:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6594 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 14

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 143 Next
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
April 04 2010 18:48 GMT
#261
On April 05 2010 02:31 SichuanPanda wrote:
Giant Pandas have their largest population in Sichuan Province China. I also like Szechuan style food (Americanized spelling of Sichuan). So that's how I came up with this name. Plus my WoW name (yes I have played WC3 and SC:BW - probably more than WoW) ElvishSolution, doesn't really work for an RTS now does it lol.


I forgot to mention - Very spicey.
i-bonjwa
sYz-Adrenaline
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1850 Posts
April 04 2010 18:55 GMT
#262
sYz-was the best team i was apart of, then the Adrenaline was one of my gamer tags that i was jumping around on trying to find a good one i really liked it then sYz- died. Found the team [AoV] and since Adrenaline[AoV] didn't ring a good bell i thought long and hard of a new ID, named myself bliss and it stuck ever since
Can you feel the rush?
sutureself
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States192 Posts
April 04 2010 18:56 GMT
#263
From the Thomas Pynchon book Mason & Dixon. Being a medical student at the time, I found it to be especially funny/cute/whatever adjective you wish.
Im tired of following my dreams, man. Im just going to ask them where theyre going and hook up with them later. -mh
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
April 04 2010 18:56 GMT
#264
I made this id just because so no story behind it.b My bnet id is goswser, orignally Gosuser, but I decided on goswser because w = uu so it works, not that I'm a gosu user but anyways :D
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
[Azn]Nada
Profile Joined April 2009
United States275 Posts
April 04 2010 19:01 GMT
#265
I'm asian. I like nada .
SpiritWolf
Profile Joined July 2008
United States127 Posts
April 04 2010 19:05 GMT
#266
It sounded cool when i was 10 but i have been using it too long to change it.
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
April 04 2010 19:05 GMT
#267
I loved penguins when I was like 7-8 (which is also when I first got some internet access), so I made the name Penguin1234 (or something like that, I don't remember the numbers) for my first email and some other stuff my parents had me sign up for.

A few years later, I realized there were too many "penguins" on the internet after playing some BW and CS 1.5. I added "real" to the beginning to display my dominance over all of the fakes

Nowadays I usually just shorten it to "rptanoc," which is realpenguin in a convenient acronym + hardcore tano*c, one of my favorite hardcore techno circles.
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
April 04 2010 19:05 GMT
#268
i was looking for something creative, that no one had anyhing like, and well ive been using this ID for ages now, 4 years or so, so naturally when i made my TL i choose is

ive since started using the aka Dwell, i wanted a one word aka, and i found myself dwelling on making a new one, and suddenly i realized that Dwell is good for me haha
Dwell
ShinyGerbil
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada519 Posts
April 04 2010 19:07 GMT
#269
I was into DotA and admiring IceFrog's ID, so I thought taking a similar approach: some type of descriptive animal would be sufficient. Thus, ShinyGerbil was born.
[s]savior[/s] jaedong fighting! // member of LighT eSports
FoBuLouS
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States570 Posts
April 04 2010 19:16 GMT
#270
fob + fabulous = FoBuLouS
the alternating caps are to emphasize fobbyness.
Used it when i started playing RO.
~Legit~
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States408 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 19:19:16
April 04 2010 19:18 GMT
#271
Back in D1 you either hacked, or you were Legit. so I was ~LLC~Legit_Matt. And then over the years whenever I joined a new clan, I just threw Legit after the name tag, since that's what most people called me anyways.
LegitMatthew
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
April 04 2010 19:20 GMT
#272
Hm mine is boring

When I was a kid I was always fascinated by magic and fantasy stuffs. The coolest word that I could find that was related was "Mystic" (it has a freaking 'y' in it!!!). But the word itself sounds so clunky when you say it, so I shortened it to "Myst". Then I realized that the nick might be too common, so I looked around my room, saw my history textbook (was studying Feudalism at the time), realized that "Lord" worked well, and added it as a word that signified my awesomeness to the end

It's stuck ever since.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Tenryu
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States565 Posts
April 04 2010 19:21 GMT
#273
Found a picture of the heavenly dragon, Tenryu, in a sketchbook at a local tattoo shop in Okinawa, Japan. I eventually had it tattooed on me and then used that name as a bnet account.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Understar
PhailSoBaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States281 Posts
April 04 2010 19:23 GMT
#274
easy my bw name is always some variant of Phail, and i am a baller. So put two and two together i suppose
Ballins a habbit i want it i grab it
Probe.
Profile Joined May 2009
United States877 Posts
April 04 2010 19:26 GMT
#275
I used to have yu-gi-oh cards and one of the monsters was called dark master zorc. That name was too long so i made my id be king_zorc, but that looked kind of gay so i switched it to king_zork, but that still looked gay. So now i just use the name ZoRk which reminds me of stork and stork is awesome.
meow
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
April 04 2010 19:27 GMT
#276
I got my name from this band here:

[image loading]
Chains none
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 04 2010 19:28 GMT
#277
Pokemon move from the GCS set... I loved my Quilava. >.>
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
April 04 2010 19:28 GMT
#278
Look at my sig and you will understand if you're awesome like that

only one person has got it so far though >_< WHYY?!?!?!?
Hey! Listen!
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
April 04 2010 19:30 GMT
#279
On April 05 2010 04:28 Navi wrote:
Look at my sig and you will understand if you're awesome like that

only one person has got it so far though >_< WHYY?!?!?!?

Haha... <3 OOT. Then I lost Navi for the Ganondorf fight and I had to aim stuff manually Bit of a wake up call.
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
~Legit~
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States408 Posts
April 04 2010 19:30 GMT
#280
On April 05 2010 04:28 Navi wrote:
Look at my sig and you will understand if you're awesome like that

only one person has got it so far though >_< WHYY?!?!?!?



Omg so many hours spent playing that GOD I WANTED TO TURN HER OFF SO BAD!!!
LegitMatthew
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 916
910 731
ggaemo 657
actioN 429
Mong 283
Yoon 117
Shuttle 108
Dewaltoss 83
Hm[arnc] 36
soO 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 24
Bale 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 17
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor806
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9391
Happy380
PiGStarcraft240
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS51
trigger7
olofmeister0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 56m
OSC
14h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.