• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:21
CEST 00:21
KST 07:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9934 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 12

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 143 Next
Halfpastnoob
Profile Joined June 2009
United States191 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 17:27:02
April 04 2010 17:26 GMT
#221
back in 09 summer I played a lot of Counter Strike:Source,and Counter Strike:1.6.I was called noob a lot,sooo one boring afternoon I decide I would make an Teamliquid acct.It was the in the afternoon,and I was like hmmmm noob+time=Halfpastnoob.I dunno.Im a loser lolXD
tl;dr
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
April 04 2010 17:29 GMT
#222
I've always been kinda fascinated with group psychology and how people's decision making changes when immersed in a group. A meeple is a kind of generic toy person so various id's over the internets include meeple, sheeple, schmeeple etc.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 17:29:59
April 04 2010 17:29 GMT
#223
On April 05 2010 02:26 Halfpastnoob wrote:
sooo one boring afternoob


ROFL win typo is win

i cant believe how easily some of you guys picked your tags. I literally put days into weeks of consideration, including lists of possible ID's and eliminating them with friends, getting suggestions etc etc.

but YOU guys are like "oh i just saw an envelope" XD looooooooool
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
April 04 2010 17:31 GMT
#224
Giant Pandas have their largest population in Sichuan Province China. I also like Szechuan style food (Americanized spelling of Sichuan). So that's how I came up with this name. Plus my WoW name (yes I have played WC3 and SC:BW - probably more than WoW) ElvishSolution, doesn't really work for an RTS now does it lol.
i-bonjwa
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 04 2010 17:37 GMT
#225
Goku + Quon = Gokuon
KOF was my plan
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
April 04 2010 17:38 GMT
#226
I used to be known as Mephistopheles on a metaphysical/philosophy discussion website back when I thought I knew the meaning to life. When I switched to Starcraft, I wanted to choose the name, but it was too long for my ID. So, I went with something that was related to Mephistopheles, and it happened to be Faust. The end.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
leMaj24
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States262 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 17:39:50
April 04 2010 17:38 GMT
#227
when i was 11 years old i figured if i pretended to be black it would be easier to join a team(dont ask-_-) hence the name jamel.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
April 04 2010 17:41 GMT
#228
When I was getting into sc I saw a couple Chal_renge games and he was hella baller and his n.die tag was so fitting. And then JD won the MSL and he was my favorite player to watch because he was also awesome and hella baller. So when I decided to start playing it made perfect sense to throw the n.die tag down in front because thats what hella baller gosu's do. Unfortunately I sucked... I was trying to learn zerg and I was just getting smashed every game. So it's like never die! Jokes I blow ass.
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
ironchef
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Canada1350 Posts
April 04 2010 17:41 GMT
#229
On April 05 2010 02:29 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 02:26 Halfpastnoob wrote:
sooo one boring afternoob


ROFL win typo is win

i cant believe how easily some of you guys picked your tags. I literally put days into weeks of consideration, including lists of possible ID's and eliminating them with friends, getting suggestions etc etc.

but YOU guys are like "oh i just saw an envelope" XD looooooooool


Yea I'm kinda like that. Whenever i play an rpg and the name screen comes up >.> this could take a while...More often than not, just end up forcing myself to just pick anything for the sake of time.


“Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also.” - Marcus Aurelius
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
April 04 2010 17:42 GMT
#230
Fortune = wealth, luck. Simple word, strong meaning.

Syn i put in front of my name when Fortune is taken, which is basically always.

Syn comes from a True Combat clan called ]Syn[ that I played in. I was ]Syn[Bahamut.

True Combat is an oldschool mod for quake 3, that plays like call of duty with ironsight etc.
Synthesis
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada167 Posts
April 04 2010 17:42 GMT
#231
random word in dictionary
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 04 2010 17:43 GMT
#232
My name in sc2 is PowerOutage. I can beat Flash or Jaedong without even playing against them, that's how good I am.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
April 04 2010 17:43 GMT
#233
When I first came to TL, I didn't have a screenname, so I used This-is-not-a-smurf (because it wasn't rofl). I ended up changing to Empyrean before the rules tightened on name-changing (it was only after a few hundred posts back in like 2004) because it was a cool sounding word. Starcraft is actually the only place in which I use it.
Moderator
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
April 04 2010 17:49 GMT
#234
i was fan of NTT

hasudrone = chobopeon
:O
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-04 17:51:22
April 04 2010 17:50 GMT
#235
predator -> pred l ator -> pred + y -> predy

actually one of my oldest sc1 friends called me pred or sometimes predy, so i chose that at the end.
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
April 04 2010 17:51 GMT
#236
Tales of Phantasia. Somewhere in the last dungeon (I know precisely where) of the main story line you'll find that which I got my name from.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
April 04 2010 17:51 GMT
#237
On April 05 2010 02:41 n.DieJokes wrote:
When I was getting into sc I saw a couple Chal_renge games and he was hella baller and his n.die tag was so fitting. And then JD won the MSL and he was my favorite player to watch because he was also awesome and hella baller. So when I decided to start playing it made perfect sense to throw the n.die tag down in front because thats what hella baller gosu's do. Unfortunately I sucked... I was trying to learn zerg and I was just getting smashed every game. So it's like never die! Jokes I blow ass.

LOL "Jokes I blow ass" hahaha
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
April 04 2010 17:52 GMT
#238
On April 05 2010 02:29 mOnion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2010 02:26 Halfpastnoob wrote:
sooo one boring afternoob


ROFL win typo is win

i cant believe how easily some of you guys picked your tags. I literally put days into weeks of consideration, including lists of possible ID's and eliminating them with friends, getting suggestions etc etc.

but YOU guys are like "oh i just saw an envelope" XD looooooooool


I could never possibly spend weeks picking a username... it's just not that important to me
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
April 04 2010 17:52 GMT
#239
I was 8. I made it up.
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
April 04 2010 17:53 GMT
#240
All original.

Needed a word to describe headspinning since that was my "thing" in bboying. So I thought of the word "core" which I ended up liking but thought it was too common. So I changed the "C" into a "K" which made "kore".

Really ended up liking this name because ...

1. I've never seen anyone go by this name.
2. "Kore" is "Korea" without the "A" and I am Korean ... so yeah.

Final product -> kOre

Why did I caps the "O"? I have no idea, it just looks better that way. ^^ Took me a good like 2 weeks to get a name I was going to use forever. Now I am ...

BBOY kOre!
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta11
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE65
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 188
Dewaltoss 94
Hyuk 65
Bale 15
Noble 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm99
League of Legends
Doublelift4120
Counter-Strike
Fnx 728
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5336
Khaldor795
Liquid`Hasu626
Other Games
summit1g7950
FrodaN2163
shahzam513
KnowMe273
C9.Mang0238
JimRising 202
ArmadaUGS103
UpATreeSC86
PPMD43
Trikslyr43
ZombieGrub40
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH311
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie868
• Shiphtur197
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 40m
Online Event
12h 40m
FEL
17h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.