• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:57
CEST 14:57
KST 21:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8815 users

Story Behind Your ID? - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 143 Next
Kuri
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada88 Posts
April 04 2010 15:43 GMT
#181
Was eating curry and decided to make a username. "Curry" was taken so I just made this account. And plus it looks Japanese now.
Captain Mayhem
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden774 Posts
April 04 2010 15:45 GMT
#182
Uhm...

Yeah, I just sat in a sofa one day and just realized how awesome it would be to be called "Captain Mayhem".
Gravity is just a theory anyway.
celious
Profile Joined September 2009
United States195 Posts
April 04 2010 15:45 GMT
#183
I came up with my name wayyyy back when I played Diablo 2 probably in 2000-01, I wanted a "fantasy" sounding but unique name and one day this just came to me and I have been using it ever since.
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
April 04 2010 15:48 GMT
#184
On April 04 2010 22:54 Zhou wrote:
I looked into a lot of Chinese history, and played a lot of Dynasty Warriors. When the third one came out, I liked the character Zhou Tai alot, but I didn't want to use his full name cause I wasn't cool enough. So I just picked up Zhou, and it stuck forever.

Been using it every since, maybe different variations.

Fortunately, most of the new people who meet me think its like my Chinese name or something, which is okay too. (Doesn't know his Chinese name >_>)

actually Zhou was a name of Chinese Dynasty..:D:D (wow that Asian history class payed off)

anyway.....back before 4th year high school...I was thinking of a different ID since I was just playing with oxymoron back then.

The name SkyLark actually popped into my head before sleeping, you know, those small time thinking moments you have before you sleep. It stuck to me ever since - didn't ever know how it got there in the first place and I didn't know that Skylark is a bird...

Just added the Silver so it'll sound unique or something.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
aRod
Profile Joined July 2007
United States758 Posts
April 04 2010 15:48 GMT
#185
Friends started calling me Arod when I was 13 blending my first name, with a joke about how skinny I am.
Live to win.
[DUF]MethodMan
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Germany1716 Posts
April 04 2010 15:51 GMT
#186
I was 12 and wearing baggy jeans...
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
April 04 2010 15:57 GMT
#187
It's my favourite character from Chrono Cross. Complete badass.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
FSP.Siggy
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada138 Posts
April 04 2010 16:01 GMT
#188
My last name is "Sigmundson", so I've been called "Siggy" for years. Problem is, "Siggy" is usually taken everywheres on the internet, so I typically add something to the front. Recently, I've been trying to promote my card game, which I'm attributing to my "company" that I made up years ago called "Flaming Snail Productions", so FSP.Siggy, just makes sense.

(Normally, I've been adding "t3h" to the front, so "t3hSiggy" anywhere else is usually me, but I think this FSP.Siggy thing works much better)
Check out the StarCraft Card Game - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116834
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
April 04 2010 16:03 GMT
#189
A lot of cute stories in this thread.

I kinda hate my nick.
XsebT [except]
My real name is Sebastian (seb), so my brother thought I should use that somehow and then came up with this, XsebT, which is just a play on the word "except". This was back when I was about 11 or 12 years old (19 now).
Nicks kinda stick with you, and since my online gaming friends know me by that nick I don't really wonna change it no matter how childish or bad it is. I don't care that much about my nick anymore though, so if I join a game of CS or something I usually just call myself Seb...
화이팅
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
April 04 2010 16:04 GMT
#190
All i have to say is, Panda Bear Guy, runs in the family.
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
April 04 2010 16:04 GMT
#191
it's from 10 years ago when I watched my first anime Love Hina (lol) and i thought the main guys name Keitaro was coolio. so i used Keitaro and Keitarosan for a while like the true weaboo I was. then I stopped watching anime almost completely and didnt want to have such an animu name so I changed it to simply keit since i thought itd be cool to have a short nickname without capital letter. and no its not pronounced kate then ur gay it's kiiiiit.
Graphics
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
April 04 2010 16:06 GMT
#192
On April 04 2010 22:54 Zhou wrote:
I looked into a lot of Chinese history, and played a lot of Dynasty Warriors. When the third one came out, I liked the character Zhou Tai alot, but I didn't want to use his full name cause I wasn't cool enough. So I just picked up Zhou, and it stuck forever.

Been using it every since, maybe different variations.

Fortunately, most of the new people who meet me think its like my Chinese name or something, which is okay too. (Doesn't know his Chinese name >_>)


Awesome, I played shit tons of Dynasty Warriors when i was little, most notably Dynasty Warriors 3. Epic.
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
r4j2ill
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada111 Posts
April 04 2010 16:09 GMT
#193
my name has raj in it and i like to play with a mentality that i am rly "too ill" or too amazing ;D
The enemy of my enemy of my enemy is my enemy but his enemy is my friend ;D - r4j2ill
Ecorin
Profile Joined August 2008
Estonia84 Posts
April 04 2010 16:12 GMT
#194
My first name is Enrico so.. it's just an anagram to make it look more like a protoss-style name (since I play protoss)
Like I said before.we are going to own these guys,no problem.I could beat their entire team 1 on 8 with no monitor. -Tasteless translating
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
April 04 2010 16:20 GMT
#195
I played Tides of Blood (an AOS) on wc3 in middle school. One of the heroes was Leto Atreides II, a character from Dune. At the time I thought it would be cool to be "leet-o"..
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33704 Posts
April 04 2010 16:21 GMT
#196
Song by the Korean band Jaurim
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Sharp-eYe
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada642 Posts
April 04 2010 16:22 GMT
#197
I made a list of 20 IDs I thought were artistic (over thought it too much lol). I thought the eYe part was cool. So I picked Sharp-eYe.
Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion, that you can't see the fall ahead of you? - Zeratul III AKA WikidSik ingame (anygame)
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
April 04 2010 16:23 GMT
#198
I got jGju from spamming random buttons in the SSBM name creator thingy.

Also, my friend and I are Officer.Jenny and Nurse.Joy on iccup because we needed awesome 2v2 names and are both pokemon nerds.
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
April 04 2010 16:24 GMT
#199
Like most retards who end up choosing names like ShadowStar or StarfireDragon, I like adjective-noun names where both words chosen are somewhat fantastic (for lack of a better word) in nature; meaning no DumbBrick or WoodenHouse. I forgot why I was making a new username (I think it was for Battle.net West) but I tried to think of one that sounded okay without coming off as blatantly retarded like the first two.
But why?
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
April 04 2010 16:26 GMT
#200
My name is Daniel = Dan
My gf's name is Belen = Bel
Date we started dating = 10/05

did I fail?
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko481
ProTech136
Rex 53
SteadfastSC 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51925
Bisu 2108
Horang2 1253
Hyuk 652
BeSt 443
Soma 417
Mini 384
EffOrt 315
Light 313
Larva 246
[ Show more ]
Rush 159
ZerO 144
Mong 110
Barracks 95
Leta 80
Pusan 64
Snow 63
Sea.KH 61
ToSsGirL 54
Mind 40
Yoon 34
Aegong 29
JYJ 27
Bale 22
Sexy 22
sorry 21
Noble 11
Terrorterran 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4149
XaKoH 381
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1621
Khaldor1117
Other Games
gofns33235
singsing2220
olofmeister1289
B2W.Neo448
hiko387
Livibee192
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS65
Liquid`VortiX55
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 88
TaKeTV 76
IntoTheiNu 33
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH198
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3m
OSC
9h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 3m
Online Event
22h 3m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.