• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:54
CEST 20:54
KST 03:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11628 users

Political Roll Call - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
rinoh
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States335 Posts
January 29 2010 07:39 GMT
#21
apathy is the besttttt
베르사유의 장미
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
January 29 2010 07:40 GMT
#22
[x] Piracy
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
January 29 2010 07:43 GMT
#23
This is actually a great thread . Hopefully it stays civil.

Although, it is pretty obvious that a majority of the people on this site are middle aged or younger, and thus will have a lot more liberal view point. Which is fine and I'm really interested to see the results. Cant believe I didnt think of this thread earlier.

Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
January 29 2010 07:48 GMT
#24
lololol...so many libertarians. I'm not surprised at all.

-_-
Hello
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
January 29 2010 08:00 GMT
#25
lol "Fascist, Far Right"
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
January 29 2010 08:14 GMT
#26
Social Deomcrat/Mid-Left...

In US-Terms this would probably mean Communist-Satan.
Hasudk
Profile Joined October 2009
Denmark78 Posts
January 29 2010 08:16 GMT
#27
Some kind of mix between communism and anarchy. People tend to view communism as build around a strong state, but classical marxist - communism of course has the abolition of the state as its ultimate goal.
RoyW
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Ireland270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-29 08:21:18
January 29 2010 08:18 GMT
#28
lol at internet libertarians.

All of the best countries (read:scandanavian) in the world are social democracies.

The American Political climate is currently far right versus centre right. To hear Americans refer to Obama as left wing is hillarious. Sad America
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28908 Posts
January 29 2010 08:24 GMT
#29
something inbetween socialist, social democrat and anarchist

meaning that I want small disparity between rich and poor, a state that takes care of all basic needs, and the freedom to express myself and do whatever the hell I please as long as nobody else suffers from it.
Moderator
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
January 29 2010 08:26 GMT
#30
goodness gracious we are drowning in libertarians
But why?
Rothbardian
Profile Joined January 2010
United States497 Posts
January 29 2010 08:34 GMT
#31
On January 29 2010 17:26 EmeraldSparks wrote:
goodness gracious we are drowning in libertarians


Freedom and Liberty is not divisive :p

"A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state." - Isabel Paterson <3
RoyW
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Ireland270 Posts
January 29 2010 09:00 GMT
#32
On January 29 2010 17:34 Rothbardian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2010 17:26 EmeraldSparks wrote:
goodness gracious we are drowning in libertarians


Freedom and Liberty is not divisive :p



Yeah, especially when enforced by a strongly armed police force because your society is devoid of any social responsibility
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
January 29 2010 09:04 GMT
#33
On January 29 2010 16:38 Mystlord wrote:
Socialist. Free market economies never work. Corporations always screw things up.

You haven't sold enough drugs in your life lol.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
Froleson
Profile Joined December 2009
Iceland18 Posts
January 29 2010 09:25 GMT
#34
Let´s struggle to keep the post civil, keep from flaming but constructive criticism is welcome?

In praxis I´m a social democrat, but in heart I identify with the socialist tradition.

----> so I went for the socialist.

But anywho, I think there´s mixup of concepts here. Can anyone explain the difference between Communist, Socialist and Anarchism? I honestly think that most people who vote either one of these, have pretty much the same thing in mind; a anarcho-syndicalist system, a left-wing communism. A "Man could not reach his fullest potential unless he had full industrial, civil and political democracy" - system. I can hardly imagine anyone who vouches for communism, vouching for the right-wing communism of the party-vanguard bolsheviks of the Soviet Union?

ShroomyD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia245 Posts
January 29 2010 09:55 GMT
#35
On January 29 2010 18:00 RoyW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2010 17:34 Rothbardian wrote:
On January 29 2010 17:26 EmeraldSparks wrote:
goodness gracious we are drowning in libertarians


Freedom and Liberty is not divisive :p



Yeah, especially when enforced by a strongly armed police force because your society is devoid of any social responsibility

Oh my! Someone's a pessimist!!
아나코자본주의
Yurebis
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1452 Posts
January 29 2010 10:02 GMT
#36
On January 29 2010 16:43 HuskyTheHusky wrote:
This is actually a great thread . Hopefully it stays civil.

I don't see anything civil about this poll at all... if you look at the choices for what they mean, its like this:

Anarchist - No classes.
Socialist - There's plan-people, and common-people.
Communist - There's plan-people, and common-people who own no property.
Libertarian (minarchist) - There's plan-people who swear an oath not to plan, and common-people
Social Democratic (Center Left) - There's kind plan-people, and common-people
Centrist or Moderate - There's plan-people who do some good and some bad, and common-people
Conservative (Center Right) - There's plan-people who plan how not to plan, and common-people
Fascist, Far Right - There's plan-people, with business-men friends, and common-people
Corporatist, Third Position - There's business-men who are planner-people, and common-people
Apathetic or Apolitical - There's people but I don't give a shit what they are.
Other - There's some weird people.

Apart from anarchist, apathetic and other, I don't see how any other label is civil. They're all insulting. Suggesting that there should be classes of people for the sake of... the common good, natural law, a strong nation, whatever it is. I don't buy it, and I find it disgusting, completely unnecessary. It's a subtle type of slavery, but it's still so ingrained in our heads that few even notice it. Naturally, in a statist world, people think it's the ultimate solution for anything, akin to god perhaps? And here we are polling which god we find best.

Saying that there should be a planning-class is the same as saying that you know whats best for me and I have to do what you want. I have to abide by your judgment that not only will I benefit from such plan-people, but that if I don't pay my dues to them, I'll be rightfully abducted and thrown into some pit for some years. Even if I did nothing to nobody, even if there were no victims to my "crime"; all I did was stop paying a service which I don't use nor recognize as legitimate, and I'm arrested, potentially even killed if I resisted. So in the end, you, statists, are advocating the use of statist force against me, only because I don't want part in your system, or overpriced, monopolized services. Is that civil? In my eyes it's not. I'm bond to a contract I've never signed; to an organization I cannot secede from.

I don't think that many people noticed back when slaves where bounced around that they deserved better either so... it's a sad reality, I just hope one day it's seen for what it is, like full blown slavery now is. We're enslaved to the plan-people, and in democracy, to our neighbors, in constantly deciding who the next plan-people will be. This ain't civil. This is madness.

Froleson, anarchy is the absence of hierarchy, meaning, no man is above any other. Whatever is built past that point, has to be done voluntarily. Anarcho-capitalism is a form of anarchism that recognizes property rights, popularly with libertarian-like principles.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Hasudk
Profile Joined October 2009
Denmark78 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-29 10:20:31
January 29 2010 10:17 GMT
#37
[B] Can anyone explain the difference between Communist, Socialist and Anarchism? I honestly think that most people who vote either one of these, have pretty much the same thing in mind; a anarcho-syndicalist system, a left-wing communism. A "Man could not reach his fullest potential unless he had full industrial, civil and political democracy" - system. I can hardly imagine anyone who vouches for communism, vouching for the right-wing communism of the party-vanguard bolsheviks of the Soviet Union?


I can try =) The difference between what you call communists (the non-marxist-leninist variety) and anarchists is really one of means more than it is of goals.

Anarchists say: "The state is oppressive, lets get rid of it right now by popular riots." They don't care who the "rioters" are as long as they share a common goal. See the post above this for an excellent example of state-hatred.

Marxists claim that this is an illusion, you cannot destroy the state, you must make it obsolete. This is only possible through a revolution where the working-class (and only the working-class) take control of the state and transform it into a workers-state. Then a long process (called socialism or the socialist society by Marx) takes place in which all other classes than the working class gets destroyed, finally leading to a point in history where the state is no longer needed, because there is no need for one class to suppress another. Everyone belong to the same class and have the same basic needs/goals.

The classical anarchist counter-argument is that you cannot use oppression (the working-class dictatorship/state = socialism) to produce freedom (the stateless society).

Socialists (today) generally refer to reformists, who deny the need for a revolution and claim that capitalism with a human face is a possibility. They share some values with communists but their ultimate goal is very different in that they seek to transform the capitalist society into something more social, instead of seeking to destroy it.

This is basically ideology 1.01, but I can't be asked to go into more detail right now, and besides I would hardly consider my own knowledge of anarchist-theory impressive.
Yurebis
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1452 Posts
January 29 2010 10:28 GMT
#38
Yeah, I hate the state so much that I riot about the streets. I'm an angry anarchist, watch out.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
January 29 2010 10:31 GMT
#39
On January 29 2010 18:25 Froleson wrote:
Let´s struggle to keep the post civil, keep from flaming but constructive criticism is welcome?

In praxis I´m a social democrat, but in heart I identify with the socialist tradition.

----> so I went for the socialist.

But anywho, I think there´s mixup of concepts here. Can anyone explain the difference between Communist, Socialist and Anarchism? I honestly think that most people who vote either one of these, have pretty much the same thing in mind; a anarcho-syndicalist system, a left-wing communism. A "Man could not reach his fullest potential unless he had full industrial, civil and political democracy" - system. I can hardly imagine anyone who vouches for communism, vouching for the right-wing communism of the party-vanguard bolsheviks of the Soviet Union?



i wouldn't call myself an anarcho-syndicalist, but a socialist. because i still believe in a centralised government with a strong influence. that's not really the idea with syndicalism, right?
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
January 29 2010 10:33 GMT
#40
I don't think this poll will be consistent.
What I mean by that is that people from the US and Europe might have totally different views but vote the same thing.
For instance the Conservative party in the UK considers itself Center-Right... but it's nothing like the Republican party.
Whilst our Labour party, which considers itself Center-Left and has even regarded itself publically as being akin to the Democrats, is really just a center party that appeases the Unions.

Also I don't really see much merit in alligning yourself to a group at all. Bi-partisan idealogy is the major flaw in democracy. Can't we just debate the merits of decisions without pre-guessing which way we're going to go?
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 290
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1198
ByuN 490
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 290
Reynor 237
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28224
Calm 2500
Shuttle 376
Mini 173
White-Ra 144
firebathero 93
Mong 55
scan(afreeca) 22
soO 14
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 4
Dota 2
Gorgc11268
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps0
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3746
Liquid`Hasu512
MindelVK6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2321
fl0m2038
FrodaN1773
summit1g1727
olofmeister909
B2W.Neo754
Khaldor448
Beastyqt321
Livibee180
crisheroes177
Mew2King66
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 10
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur728
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
6m
BSL Open Qualifier
6m
OSC
4h 6m
Replay Cast
4h 6m
OSC
17h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.