• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9655 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 48

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 370 Next
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 15:45:30
April 12 2011 15:33 GMT
#941
On April 12 2011 22:58 cabarkapa wrote:
Also someone mentioned the beatmap with the best custom hit sounds, no doubt it is this one
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13008
excellent work MegaManEXE!

It is clearly the best map ever created.

Amazing song: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/75689&m=0
Insane diff's map is just sooooo fun,Shinxyn is a ridiculously awesome mapper.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
April 12 2011 19:03 GMT
#942
On April 12 2011 22:58 cabarkapa wrote:
Also someone mentioned the beatmap with the best custom hit sounds, no doubt it is this one
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/13008
excellent work MegaManEXE!


Thanks ^^

I meant to fix that up a bit and get it approved but I never got around to it :/
ugapa
Profile Joined September 2010
United States153 Posts
April 12 2011 23:13 GMT
#943
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25557 is one of my favorite maps, it also has some nice custom hit sounds

I can only barely clear the Tritium difficulty though D: hands not yet gosu enough for U235
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/10841
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 13:20:41
April 13 2011 00:40 GMT
#944
Holy crap this game is awesome, I installed it about a week ago and I'm playing it almost as much as SC2 now
The difficulty ratings are kind of weird though, some 5 star maps are doable for me, while there are 4 star ones that seems next to impossible. But there are sooo many good maps, its ridiculous.

You can add me to the list btw, my Osu ID is blackone, same as my TL name.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 00:56:41
April 13 2011 00:55 GMT
#945
On April 13 2011 09:40 blackone wrote:
Holy crap this game is awesome, I installed it about a week ago and I'm playing it almost as much as SC2 now
The difficulty ratings are kind of weird though, some 5 star maps are doable for me, while there are 4 star ones that seems next to impossible. But there are sooo many good maps, its ridiculous.


Yeah the difficulty ranking isn't really perfect
There are 5 star maps that are easy and then there are 5 star maps that are like impossible

glad your having fun with it haha

On April 13 2011 08:13 ugapa wrote:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25557 is one of my favorite maps, it also has some nice custom hit sounds

I can only barely clear the Tritium difficulty though D: hands not yet gosu enough for U235


Yeah, that one is pretty fun :>

Edit: I'm a Goliath now :D
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 13 2011 01:15 GMT
#946
Can people post what skins they're using? Preferably a link. I'm looking for something more minimalistic, and the minimal theme isn't cutting it. The skin some other guy linked here is good, but I didn't like a few parts. Looking to mix and match.
There is no one like you in the universe.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 01:25:03
April 13 2011 01:24 GMT
#947
On April 13 2011 10:15 Blisse wrote:
Can people post what skins they're using? Preferably a link. I'm looking for something more minimalistic, and the minimal theme isn't cutting it. The skin some other guy linked here is good, but I didn't like a few parts. Looking to mix and match.

I'm using Xi Style with subbed parts :>

changed the numbers in the hit circles and the accuracy point thing (300, 100, 50)
I really like the 300/100/50 skin because it's pretty small and unobtrusive
the color is... purple with stars so haha
Got it off Bakemogatari map

here is it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?88a5scyco441dys

maybe you can find something useful from it~
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
SexyBimbo
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany89 Posts
April 13 2011 01:38 GMT
#948
Hey everybody! I've played like infinity hours of osu for a few months now and I'd say that I'm kinda decent. But there are still things that I'm wondering and that I'd like to ask whomever reads it and knows his facts ^^

1) does playing in a small window really benefit my play? do pros do it?

2) is it really useful to delete 300-sprites?

3) do pros limit the active are of their tablets?
3a) if you limit it: where to put the active area of a tablet and what size?

4) is there some kind of a trick to streaming at 200+ BPM? I can reach about 300 APM in starcraft (about 85 of those come from the mouse I guess) but I somehow cant tap any faster than 190 BPM. I was told that Niko- has a "special" way of tapping and that he used an especially flat keyboard since that would somehow make it easier to tap fast. Sounds like bullshit to me but there is no harm in asking.



I've bought a tablet but even while it is great fun to use, my scores are a lot better when playing with my mouse. I'd like to train using the tablet at some point just to see if that would get me any further. Wouldnt have thought it would be this hard to use that thing ;P


Osu! ID: BexyChobo
Osu! profile: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/545881


Why do ppl do this; does my name look anything like Kiwikaki?? - Kawaiirice
prototype.
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada4215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 02:26:48
April 13 2011 02:24 GMT
#949
On April 13 2011 08:13 ugapa wrote:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25557 is one of my favorite maps, it also has some nice custom hit sounds

I can only barely clear the Tritium difficulty though D: hands not yet gosu enough for U235

I love this map too. I can tell the mapper put a lot of effort into this beatmap.

When the map was first ranked, I couldn't clear U235 either. But it's pretty easy now. It's a very fun map so you're missing out :0

On April 13 2011 10:38 SexyBimbo wrote:
Hey everybody! I've played like infinity hours of osu for a few months now and I'd say that I'm kinda decent. But there are still things that I'm wondering and that I'd like to ask whomever reads it and knows his facts ^^

1) does playing in a small window really benefit my play? do pros do it?

2) is it really useful to delete 300-sprites?

3) do pros limit the active are of their tablets?
3a) if you limit it: where to put the active area of a tablet and what size?

4) is there some kind of a trick to streaming at 200+ BPM? I can reach about 300 APM in starcraft (about 85 of those come from the mouse I guess) but I somehow cant tap any faster than 190 BPM. I was told that Niko- has a "special" way of tapping and that he used an especially flat keyboard since that would somehow make it easier to tap fast. Sounds like bullshit to me but there is no harm in asking.



I've bought a tablet but even while it is great fun to use, my scores are a lot better when playing with my mouse. I'd like to train using the tablet at some point just to see if that would get me any further. Wouldnt have thought it would be this hard to use that thing ;P


Osu! ID: BexyChobo
Osu! profile: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/545881

1) I play in a small window so I don't have to look around as much.
2) I found it very useful. The default 300 sprite can easily block your vision of next note to hit.
3) I don't know about this.
4) Practice.
( ・´ー・`)
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
April 13 2011 02:42 GMT
#950
On April 13 2011 10:38 SexyBimbo wrote:
Hey everybody! I've played like infinity hours of osu for a few months now and I'd say that I'm kinda decent. But there are still things that I'm wondering and that I'd like to ask whomever reads it and knows his facts ^^

1) does playing in a small window really benefit my play? do pros do it?

2) is it really useful to delete 300-sprites?

3) do pros limit the active are of their tablets?
3a) if you limit it: where to put the active area of a tablet and what size?

4) is there some kind of a trick to streaming at 200+ BPM? I can reach about 300 APM in starcraft (about 85 of those come from the mouse I guess) but I somehow cant tap any faster than 190 BPM. I was told that Niko- has a "special" way of tapping and that he used an especially flat keyboard since that would somehow make it easier to tap fast. Sounds like bullshit to me but there is no harm in asking.



I've bought a tablet but even while it is great fun to use, my scores are a lot better when playing with my mouse. I'd like to train using the tablet at some point just to see if that would get me any further. Wouldnt have thought it would be this hard to use that thing ;P


Osu! ID: BexyChobo
Osu! profile: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/545881




1. Playing windowed vs fullscreen is personal preference, it also depends on your mouse sensitivity.
2. Yes if you're more comfortable playing with your own personal skin. I for one almost always delete custom skins in maps.
3. Most people do, there's a topic on the osu forums about it here: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47504
4. Just practice. I personally have difficulty playing anything over 170 bpm because I'm especially slow. If you play with a tablet you can try playing like Lesjuh and alternate tapping the pen and using the keyboard, you can tap faster if you're using two hands instead of one.
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 03:13:15
April 13 2011 03:12 GMT
#951
On April 13 2011 10:15 Blisse wrote:
Can people post what skins they're using? Preferably a link. I'm looking for something more minimalistic, and the minimal theme isn't cutting it. The skin some other guy linked here is good, but I didn't like a few parts. Looking to mix and match.

I use the minimal theme that you say isn't cutting it :/

Why aren't you a fan? I like it a bit more than Bikko Light, because I find the numbers easier to read (which I know shouldn't make a difference if I'm reading well, but I'm bad).

On the topic of maps I like, there's a couple that I've liked a lot for a while, but have been hesitant to recommend simply because I hadn't cleared them yet... but that changed tonight, when I cleared both of them! So now I'm recommending them (although you've probably already played them).

Insane diff of:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/20804
and Lunatic diff of:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24325
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
April 13 2011 03:16 GMT
#952
I believe Lybydose had an "Invisible" skin that had no hit markers and anything else, though I haven't seen a download for it. Try asking around?
Proud member of TL's osufam
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
April 13 2011 04:17 GMT
#953
Invisosu?
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16402
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
April 13 2011 05:00 GMT
#954
Don't think so - it was one that didn't have any hitbursts (the 300/100/50), but the rest was still there (actually, this is relatively easy to make on your own). Something like taNa's skin perhaps?

Proud member of TL's osufam
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
April 13 2011 05:17 GMT
#955
FF7 skin:
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5303

And here I thought you were trolling instead of trying to be helpful.
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
April 13 2011 05:43 GMT
#956
On April 12 2011 11:33 Obscura.304 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2011 11:09 Xafnia wrote:
On April 12 2011 10:55 MegaManEXE wrote:
On April 12 2011 10:02 triangle wrote:
On April 12 2011 08:57 Obscura.304 wrote:
On April 11 2011 23:57 Jesushooves wrote:Turning off sound effects lowers your skillcap, once you do that the game is just about clicking fast, and not about following a rhythm, so naturally you wont be as good at the song as you could be.

Uh, what? How is it impossible to follow a rhythm when you don't have hitsounds that cause any small mistake to create a wrong rhythm that competes with the song's real rhythm?

...How do hitsounds mess you up? Sorry, but I just don't understand this sentence at all.


Yeah I don't understand it either, I mean it's personal preference but playing without hitsounds is so much harder than playing with them. I can understand turning them down if the whistles/claps annoy you but to play with them muted is just making things 10x harder on yourself lol


The hitsounds start when you click, so if your not clicking on time (100s,50s) you are making a sound at that incorrect time, which in turn creates a beat at the incorrect time is what he is saying I think.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

It doesn't cause me problems like it used to (now, I can play close to the same with hitsounds on or off, although my streams are still a bit more accurate with them off), but for a long time, hitsounds used to lure me into "incorrect" rhythms, which would utterly trash me. It still happens to me with streams sometimes.

Hitsounds can be useful when you're to the point where you hit 300s virtually every time and 100s are a rare abomination, but as a beginner, it's much easier to keep them off. Streams are also much easier with them off, IMO, since streams require that you hear the actual music as clearly as possible with no interference. Once you get a bit better, hitsounds can make some quarter-note sections slightly easier, and they're more fun to play with (unless the mapper was an asshole and used whistles).


I have a solution, click on time , that way you wont make false beats that disrupt your rhythm, in pretty much any rhythm game it will be hard to recover if you miss one note or hit the note a bit off from where you were supposed to. That's simply the nature of the game, if you don't like it don't play it, but if you want to get better you can't have hitsounds off.
Lose its good, after will be win.
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
April 15 2011 16:20 GMT
#957
Quick, but kind of strange question:

I've noticed that, after playing a map, it's possible to move that difficulty (and that difficulty only) in/out of favorites A/B without disturbing the rest of the difficulties.

If I wanted to pare my Favorites A folder down to just the difficulties that got the map considered one of my favorites, is there a better way of doing this than playing every single easier difficulty for all of those maps to be able to remove them individually?
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
April 17 2011 06:04 GMT
#958
You can always delete the diffs you don't want.
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
April 17 2011 07:08 GMT
#959
OSU! is awesome. Good warm-up game.
twitch.tv/duttroach
Obscura.304
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
150 Posts
April 17 2011 15:43 GMT
#960
On April 17 2011 15:04 Xafnia wrote:
You can always delete the diffs you don't want.

I'm kinda hesitant to do that, because I've got a friend who doesn't have the game (his mouse sucks), but plays it whenever he comes over to my place, and there's no way he'd be able to play the same maps I do (He struggles with 4.5-star hards, 5-star insanes would be impossible for him).

Anyways, I wound up just removing every map from Favorites A and replaying the difficulties I wanted in there. Didn't take more than about an hour, and had I been smart enough to remember that "oh yeah, no fail exists", it would have been even faster (damn those formations at the end of Flutter Girl).
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason178
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15310
Artosis 791
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 110
Mind 76
Hyun 38
Bale 25
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2563
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1979
Counter-Strike
Fnx 550
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5992
Khaldor1272
Liquid`Hasu1016
MindelVK12
Other Games
summit1g6586
FrodaN2131
B2W.Neo744
byalli303
ToD254
Railgan37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1299
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 33
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix9
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie926
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 59m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.