• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8500 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 349

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 347 348 349 350 351 370 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-19 06:51:07
June 19 2017 02:41 GMT
#6961
Hey all! No post for 3 weeks

GN just made an awesome play!


---

it's easier for me to aim without ruining hand/wrist now and i've seen a little skill bump :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-21 09:58:10
June 21 2017 09:55 GMT
#6962
Nice! Those spacey streams at the end look really annoying x(

To make up for relatively little posts in the thread, please find below some 'push buttons randomly and still get an A' mania-plays. Still really happy, those are maps I really want to be able to play (second one has been a long term goal for some time now).

I have to say, every time I play and improve at mania, I get more respect for the skill Bobbias has/had. Things get hard so fast in terms of both physical and mental demand.





Next long term goal is getting ann A on identic conflict [birdcage], currently sitting on 84%.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-22 13:12:47
June 22 2017 13:00 GMT
#6963
Nice! Those spacey streams at the end look really annoying x(


on Uta or the GN play? The first half of the Uta map has a bunch too, they don't really come out of nowhere - that's why i have cut and usually play the second half only. I can't consistently hit streams of this bpm&spacing combination so it was an unusually strong play (hit streams, mostly combo'd)

Mania plays are nice but i can't appriciate the mode much due to lack of reading ability. I can only understand super easy stuff by tracking objects as they fall until they hit the "hit area" at the bottom which is a terrible way to play/watch :D



I got a 240hz monitor semirecently too, that's been really nice for osu. I think that practically the jump from 60hz to 120+ has significant gameplay/skill impact while beyond that, 240, is mainly more comfortable and really nice to look at & play!

Some of my recordings are 900p (full game resolution) at 120 or 240fps (current gen NVENC can live encode 900p240 easily lol) but i'm not sure of an appropriate video host to show that online even for the people w/ 120hz+ monitors. The tablet input itself is, unfortunately, still ~135hz so most of the benefit of 240hz is lost on the tablet cursor movement.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
June 22 2017 15:31 GMT
#6964
Yeah I meant the Uta play. Apparently the earlier streams escaped my mind somehow.

At such resolutions/frequencies i doubt my computer could even handle it, even if I have the appropriate monitor. I can surely imagine 120hz making a huge difference skillwise. Although I'm pretty slow by nature, everyone I know with a 120hz monitor is at least .5 ar faster than i am in terms of reading.

Tbh, reading mania is weird, in standard I used to look at (nearly) every circle very consciously. Mania seems to be breaking things down into patterns small enough for your muscle memory to kick in. So if you're a beginner, you need to read every single note. The further I get (at least so far), the less notes I individually see. Sometimes it feels like I'm staring into the space behind my screen rather than looking at it.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-22 16:28:49
June 22 2017 15:47 GMT
#6965
On June 23 2017 00:31 Yorbon wrote:
Yeah I meant the Uta play. Apparently the earlier streams escaped my mind somehow.

At such resolutions/frequencies i doubt my computer could even handle it, even if I have the appropriate monitor. I can surely imagine 120hz making a huge difference skillwise. Although I'm pretty slow by nature, everyone I know with a 120hz monitor is at least .5 ar faster than i am in terms of reading.

Tbh, reading mania is weird, in standard I used to look at (nearly) every circle very consciously. Mania seems to be breaking things down into patterns small enough for your muscle memory to kick in. So if you're a beginner, you need to read every single note. The further I get (at least so far), the less notes I individually see. Sometimes it feels like I'm staring into the space behind my screen rather than looking at it.


At such resolutions/frequencies i doubt my computer could even handle it, even if I have the appropriate monitor.


I can run osu at several thousand FPS (CPU limited by the speed of 1 CPU core i believe), anything beyond like old laptop integrated graphics should handle 120+

that is interesting

cookiezi did a text interview recently:

11. Can you try to describe what you focus on while playing?

??

I just look at the middle of my screen and follow the most recent note on the map. I don't even stare at it and jsut lazily follow it.
If there are streams or patterns I get wrong constantly, I do focus but usually I just barely focus on them.

If I focus, my consistency increases. That's true but if I do it so much I get dizzy so I can't continue playing so I don't concentrate. I can't.


Uta [Himei] is a really long map, 3470 combo with over 2k of that in the first half ;0
+ Show Spoiler +





One thing that you can do on many screens is set them to a lower refresh rate like 30-40hz - either as a straight up option or with a custom resolution. FPS limits serve a similar purpose but might not run perfectly, the FPS limiting in osu! seems to be fine so you could try setting it to 30-40fps limit to play a map. That kind of feeling in comparison is the same when looking down at 60hz@60fps~
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
June 23 2017 17:35 GMT
#6966
On June 23 2017 00:47 Cyro wrote:
that is interesting

cookiezi did a text interview recently:

Show nested quote +
11. Can you try to describe what you focus on while playing?

??

I just look at the middle of my screen and follow the most recent note on the map. I don't even stare at it and jsut lazily follow it.
If there are streams or patterns I get wrong constantly, I do focus but usually I just barely focus on them.

If I focus, my consistency increases. That's true but if I do it so much I get dizzy so I can't continue playing so I don't concentrate. I can't.



Interesting to read.

I thought cookiezi said he let his account be banned on purpose due to his eyes (a few years ago), so maybe that is related. What he describes seems to be a bit like how i (used to) play when i'm drunk, the difference of course being that he chooses to lazily follow circles and I'm unable at that moment. But maybe I've been playing things the wrong way for all this time.

Another play made:
not extraordinary, but still ok. Cyro, try to read this, i know there is one part you can read
Davteezy maps are a must have collection for any mania player.

Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
June 23 2017 19:49 GMT
#6967
1:02 - 1:07?

Seems nice
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
June 23 2017 20:06 GMT
#6968
On June 24 2017 04:49 Cyro wrote:
1:02 - 1:07?

Seems nice

Correct!
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-29 13:03:43
June 29 2017 13:03 GMT
#6969
Pretty sick pentap play from Emilia!


what the actual fuck? 770pp if ranked
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-29 14:04:26
June 29 2017 14:02 GMT
#6970
^ WTF @ 0:27

EDIT : WTF 1:03
I don't believe you.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-02 06:40:21
July 02 2017 06:35 GMT
#6971
On June 21 2017 18:55 Yorbon wrote:
Nice! Those spacey streams at the end look really annoying x(

To make up for relatively little posts in the thread, please find below some 'push buttons randomly and still get an A' mania-plays. Still really happy, those are maps I really want to be able to play (second one has been a long term goal for some time now).

I have to say, every time I play and improve at mania, I get more respect for the skill Bobbias has/had. Things get hard so fast in terms of both physical and mental demand.

https://youtu.be/7GBwpHulygc

https://youtu.be/-gRvI2IlHCo

Next long term goal is getting ann A on identic conflict [birdcage], currently sitting on 84%.


Yeah Identic Conflict can be a bit tricky. And nice work on Scarlet Faith. I had a HELL of a time Sing that and I can't do it again now. Those dense sections are a real bastard.

And yeah, the BMS converts Doorknob and Davteezy made are EXTREMELY good practice. Island of Albatross is underrated as fuck, regardless of which version it is (BMS levels can be lolwat, especially since those converts leave out the scratch, so scratch charts become WAY easier, but even non scratch charts sometimes have wtf levels given to them). Since they almost never have LNs they are no good for practice on those, but they REALLY help finger independence and reading, which indirectly can help with LNs somewhat too.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
July 02 2017 21:01 GMT
#6972
Doorknob collection is also nice, but very hard. Atm I have only one A in the entire collection, whicch I can't reproduce. For somewhat more LN, 7144 seems to be a nice collection.

i'm not really familiar with scratch, I guess it's a mechanic not implemented in osu?

Identic conflict seems to be less of a challenge than I thought. Currently at 87.5%. Funnily I'm having the most trouble with the 'chords' at the end, missing almost everything. I'm confident I can get an A once that's out of the way.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-03 07:08:17
July 03 2017 03:21 GMT
#6973
BMS charts are actually 8k, not 7k. They have an extra lane which is usually extra wide and a different color than regular notes. The notes are called "scratch" notes because on the original beatmania/IIDX arcades (and on console controllers) they have a turntable which you have to spin like you're scratching a record in order to hit them.

Look at the red notes on the right and watch how he has to physically move the "turntable" on the controller to hit the notes:



Now, that's a pretty easy chart (although playing on controller is harder than kb) but there are some charts that have a LOT of notes on that scratch column. So much so that some top tier BMS players actually map 2 buttons on the keyboard for the scratch in order to hit them correctly. I can't find any examples right now though.

As for LNs, Rumia-, ExPew, Entozer, 17va, and some others all make pretty good LN charts. 17va focuses on LNs a bit more than most of the ones listed. There are others who make harder LN maps, but those would be pointless to list since they're WAY above your level (and mine for the most part). (and most of 17va's good LN maps are harder anyway... but most of those have been deleted anyway)
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-03 18:03:36
July 03 2017 18:02 GMT
#6974
Ah I see. And is this similar to the 7+1k beatmaps I sometimes see? I don't play 8k maps, so I never actually tried them.

Yeah, I have quite a few maps of all the mappers you stated. I hate rumia's maps though, they feel really 'soulless', if that makes sense (I know it doesn't; don't mind me). I also like TBSM. I don't know whether that's the mapper, but the difficulties are all called TBSM. Somehow he manages to get some unfamiliar patterns feel really good.
There are also maps I get a maniacal grin when I watch auto play them, like kyouran hey kids, and BWW scream, but those are only 6ish stars and way out of my league. *sigh

Btw, are 17va's good deleted listed somewhere? So one can bloodcat or something?
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
July 03 2017 22:07 GMT
#6975
Yes, it's exactly 7+1k. Osu supports both symmetrical 8k and 7+1k style for 8k.

Looks like bloodcat has some 17va deleted maps, but not all of them. Many of them were deleted for not being completed though... Even though they're more fun IMO than most of his completed stuff. As for the TBSM maps, I'm guessing stuff by this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/6927054 ? Looks like there are also banned accounts going by TBSM or TBSM- too though.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-05 03:33:01
July 05 2017 03:32 GMT
#6976


Another nice play (:

(audio desynced vid)

1337pp for SS +HD
1310pp for 99% +HD
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
July 08 2017 16:06 GMT
#6977
[image loading]

Muahahaha, getting into 15 notes per second range feels good!

[image loading]

0.13% from passing 1st dan, feels not so good. For some reason I fucked up hard in the last song.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
July 09 2017 16:56 GMT
#6978


Sorry for spamming.
Made a video of an S, achieved today. The play decent (for me), but it highlights my problems atm. Speedy basic patterns, accuracy in general en in particular easy LN pattern accuracy.
I noticed I can handle approach rate 27 decently now, where my standard is 24. So I may be going up to 25 standard in the near future.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 04 2017 21:20 GMT
#6979
Long time no posts again! Not gonna let it go 1 month

1hour of halfsens today for fun
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
August 04 2017 22:24 GMT
#6980
I started playing this a little over a year ago. You guys are way above my skill though r.r.
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Prev 1 347 348 349 350 351 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1849
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 400
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC182
ZombieGrub93
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1849
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC 182
MaxPax 168
RuFF_SC2 147
ZombieGrub93
UpATreeSC 76
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2729
Shuttle 512
Dewaltoss 124
910 71
Mind 63
Bale 17
Counter-Strike
fl0m4036
pashabiceps1513
Fnx 669
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
Liquid`Hasu626
Other Games
Beastyqt833
mouzStarbuck414
shahzam304
ToD181
C9.Mang0148
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 15
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade381
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 19m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 19m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.