• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:34
CEST 12:34
KST 19:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9059 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 350

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 348 349 350 351 352 370 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 04 2017 22:40 GMT
#6981
[image loading]

Been a long time
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Eversince
Profile Joined October 2015
Philippines2303 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-16 20:33:38
August 04 2017 22:53 GMT
#6982
Life's too short to be black and white. Make the world tie-dye!
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 05 2017 13:45 GMT
#6983
On August 05 2017 06:20 Cyro wrote:
Long time no posts again! Not gonna let it go 1 month

1hour of halfsens today for fun

I was hoping to post some good results, but lately I've just been too tired to perform. So no post from me ):


On August 05 2017 07:24 Eversince wrote:
I started playing this a little over a year ago. You guys are way above my skill though r.r.

Welcome! It's good to see a new name pop up
Post some of proud performances!
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 06 2017 18:40 GMT
#6984
3000 pp in mania \o\
First time over 200 pp in a mania song /o/

Difference between me and bobbias is closing towards 3000 pp, lol.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-07 03:17:31
August 07 2017 03:17 GMT
#6985
Apparently I've been a member since march 11 lol. But my playcount dropped significantly after about jan 12 or so. Of course, that's according to the graph, which I'm pretty sure only counts ranked plays... With how much I played mania, it should be higher, but I play way more unranked than ranked in mania, even now.

And congrats on the 3k pp/200 pp play.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-13 18:43:07
August 13 2017 00:56 GMT
#6986
On August 07 2017 12:17 Bobbias wrote:
Apparently I've been a member since march 11 lol. But my playcount dropped significantly after about jan 12 or so. Of course, that's according to the graph, which I'm pretty sure only counts ranked plays... With how much I played mania, it should be higher, but I play way more unranked than ranked in mania, even now.

And congrats on the 3k pp/200 pp play.
In my experience, the better one gets, the less ranked one plays. After a while, I just tried to find maps that covers the aspects I want to practice. Even though I'm still noob at mania, I recognise the same pattern.

Thanks for the gratz.
I just tried a 'new' practice schedule this week (focussing on higher AR midweek, practice hardcore saturday), and it paid off. 500 pp extra, and now 8 maps above 200pp (top 230pp). Some maps were easy pp though, compared to maps of the same difficulty.

Most impressive result as far as I'm concerned is the one in pic below, 5,5 star pass pretty close to an A with only three plays ever.
[image loading]


Edit: Never mind this post, just got 250pp and two 260pp plays. But all stupid farmmaps unfortunately.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 13 2017 12:15 GMT
#6987
Video of other nice score:
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-19 00:49:20
August 19 2017 00:49 GMT
#6988
Dunno if I mentioned but I'm starting to play Taiko now since I got burnt out on standard and lost a lot of my jump ability

Finally managed to not choke this, and its now my Taiko top play aside from the Rog Unlimitation mashfest
[image loading]
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-20 18:15:49
August 20 2017 18:14 GMT
#6989
^
Dat accuracy. When I used to play taiko, i never managed to get higher than 97% on any map. Gratz!


In my road to being a decent mania player I've reached another threshold. It was easier to reach than I thought it would be. I still can't combo it unfortunately, but was happy to see that the amount of misses was reduced with 30 to 120 (lol).
[image loading]

As for my next goal I'll be taking it a little further. This song is nearly 20 notes per second on average, and finishing it felt like it killed my hands. Still, it's a superfun map, I can't wait to be able to A it:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-11 17:39:02
September 11 2017 17:34 GMT
#6990
[image loading]

good run of United, missed a handful out of the first stream and then broke with a 1x miss in the second half
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-08 21:51:15
October 08 2017 21:50 GMT
#6991
LOOK AT THIS PLAYY!!!!11!!


It's not that good, but I'm happy that I can finally read these patterns with a beat and stream at the same time. And the combo at the start isn't bad compared to expectations.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-11 05:33:28
October 11 2017 02:19 GMT
#6992
It's a v. nice play! Mania is so weird to read, i'm not sure if it's something that i'd get over with a few hundred hours of practice or not. Haven't seen you around for a while, what's up?


I did a few good plays today :D




^challenging map, good combo on the back and forth jumps after 2:40!

I'm also noticing now that my keystroke split between keys is almost 50/50 there. That's not even from alternating, i always singletap spam difficult jumps but a lot more things are becoming multi-finger and i swap fingers a lot on the fly; a kind of load balancing i guess
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
October 11 2017 17:16 GMT
#6993
Cool plays man! Looking good..

On October 11 2017 11:19 Cyro wrote:
It's a v. nice play! Mania is so weird to read, i'm not sure if it's something that i'd get over with a few hundred hours of practice or not. Haven't seen you around for a while, what's up?

I've been very very busy. Have been working as a consultant on a project for a bank with public (political) interest. I won't go into details here, but the workload is immense, due to political sensitivity. So yeah, I haven't been playing much. Improvement is coming at a slower pace than ever :')

Bobbias complimented me on the play, so I guess it's not all bad :D. On reading in mania, it's definitely different from standard. Standard was for me visualizing a path on screen. In mania, it seems to me that reading improvement is a big part of improvement in mania, much more than standard. 'Good' reading seems to me to be able to connect complex patterns quickly to hand movements (regardless of whether you're physically able to play them). There is a trade-off though. By setting the approach rate faster, you can 'zoom in' to patterns, but your mind needs to be able to keep up in accurately analyzing it. I you can't, the accuracy goes down. So the two pattern recognition skills are speed and complexity.

To return to the original point, it seems only natural that you can't 'truly' follow what's happening, in the sense that you're not familiar enough with the patterns to process them before they reach the faded out area.

Aside from that, when I play, I'm kindof getting in trance. I can't really follow a lot of my own replays.

Sorry for the boring rant. Maybe Bobbias or other mania players will disagree with me, but this is how I feel atm.

Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
October 12 2017 06:39 GMT
#6994
I look at reading as having several dimensions. Theres the ability to recognize patterns, the ability to translate what you read into physical motion, and the ability to do those things fast enough to hit the notes on time.

If you can recognize things, but are slow you will end up hitting consistently late but with reasonable timing in the spread between individual hits.

If you read it fast enough but your fingers can't keep up, you get late hits with a skew in the distribution that depends on how many of the notes you end up hitting late.

Scroll speed allows you to spread dense patterns out, making them easier to read at the cost of requiring faster response times (although by reducing the amount of notes on screen and reducing the visual density of notes you usually also improve response times, at least up until a point).

Vision mods likeHD and FL also reduce screen clutter by hiding unnecessary information (notes) but require some degree of memory since both of those hide the notes before they reach the judgement line. FL is special though since it reduces incoming note vision as well, requiring a slower speed in order to read the notes before they pass through the vision area. This means the notes will be more dense, but you will not have all the other visual clutter above and below the visible area, reducing cognitive load (your brain has to spend time to mentally filter these notes out when you are playing without vision mods) making it easier to conventrate on only the notes you're currently reading.

As for the trance thing, thats what psychologists call a state of flow. cComplete concentration on the task at hand. If you are truly in a state of flow you won't even have intrusive thoughts while you're playing. Flow is a sign you're playing at just the right difficulty level too, since anything too easy or too hard will not allow you to enter that state. Too easy and you don't need to focus completely on the task, too hard and you get a sort of panic response which doesn't allow you to reach flow.

btw I recently got a wicked score on that double helix map. I also passed koi saku mirai black another for the first time. Looks like I'm finally getting back to something resembling peak form in 7k.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
October 12 2017 12:03 GMT
#6995
On October 12 2017 15:39 Bobbias wrote:
btw I recently got a wicked score on that double helix map. I also passed koi saku mirai black another for the first time. Looks like I'm finally getting back to something resembling peak form in 7k.
And here I was thinking I was closing in on you. Darnit..

Nah, nice to hear you're doing good.
I still haven't gotten much better at double helix. I can barely read it, and my lack of stamina keeps killing me.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
October 12 2017 20:33 GMT
#6996
Well Double Helix is still quite tricky for me. It's very fast and dense. The thing that saves me is that the patterns themselves aren't too awkward for me in isolation. It's just that the speed they come at you makes the whole thing so hard. And yeah, it's a stamina drain too.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-16 14:46:09
October 14 2017 12:26 GMT
#6997
I've been very very busy. Have been working as a consultant on a project for a bank with public (political) interest. I won't go into details here, but the workload is immense, due to political sensitivity. So yeah, I haven't been playing much. Improvement is coming at a slower pace than ever :')


$$$? ;3

As for the trance thing, thats what psychologists call a state of flow. Complete concentration on the task at hand. If you are truly in a state of flow you won't even have intrusive thoughts while you're playing. Flow is a sign you're playing at just the right difficulty level too, since anything too easy or too hard will not allow you to enter that state. Too easy and you don't need to focus completely on the task, too hard and you get a sort of panic response which doesn't allow you to reach flow.


I notice that a lot in osu and some other games, most of the stuff that i enjoy playing has that feeling at times

i just had a whole playing session on this map, it looks relatively slow and ez on cookiezi vid
+ Show Spoiler +




but it's really hard to actually play, a good fc being worth ~550pp nomod, over 600pp for SS. I'm nowhere close to that ofc but it seems to be a great and fun map for stretching skill and hitting some of the hard combo's! I'l probably upload a full play vid soon~

edit: Okay got a nice play, died sooner than i would like but that combo from 2:45 is too good not to upload :D

AR10 (up from 9.8) and OD9.8


-----

another nice play too :D almost fc'd it on the first play today and then took a ton of retries because of nerves. Eventually FC'd w/ >99% acc and then 99.64 on the second time round
[image loading]
copyright blocked so i can't post vid on youtube
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
October 17 2017 05:19 GMT
#6998
Flow is probably the single biggest reason I still play rhythm games after all these years.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
October 17 2017 18:19 GMT
#6999
On October 14 2017 21:26 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
I've been very very busy. Have been working as a consultant on a project for a bank with public (political) interest. I won't go into details here, but the workload is immense, due to political sensitivity. So yeah, I haven't been playing much. Improvement is coming at a slower pace than ever :')


$$$? ;3

Yeah
Although I'm just a wage slave, so I only get a few days extra vacation, and the extra workload for free..


On October 17 2017 14:19 Bobbias wrote:
Flow is probably the single biggest reason I still play rhythm games after all these years.


This, skill improvement and aesthetically pleasing map design is what keeps me going.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-19 13:59:35
October 18 2017 23:09 GMT
#7000
Wow, content ID can fuck right off. I uploaded a video of me playing https://osu.ppy.sh/b/891187&m=3 and it's blocked everywhere but korea.

Anyway here's a few new videos:


Prev 1 348 349 350 351 352 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9701
StarCastTV_EN289
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko33
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10896
Bisu 3034
Jaedong 2618
EffOrt 1034
Horang2 365
ZerO 322
Larva 262
Pusan 234
Zeus 232
actioN 137
[ Show more ]
Mind 129
Hyun 117
Barracks 77
ggaemo 69
Killer 46
Yoon 46
scan(afreeca) 44
Bale 41
Sharp 36
NotJumperer 29
ToSsGirL 27
Sacsri 26
Hm[arnc] 22
Shinee 19
Terrorterran 10
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto79
League of Legends
JimRising 358
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1685
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes224
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• killerbeecast6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
• WagamamaTV267
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 26m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.