• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:36
CEST 14:36
KST 21:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8090 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 326

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 324 325 326 327 328 370 Next
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
August 09 2015 21:08 GMT
#6501
Nice to see the thread is still so active after a such a long time. And new faces as well. Anything happened in let's say a year? I remember the shift+tab update where you can hide the UI was neat.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-09 21:17:22
August 09 2015 21:16 GMT
#6502
I just came back from a break, but it seems blue dragon quit, cookiezi is back and fanzhen was banned (?)
And overall level at the top has risen again it seems.

More importantly, we had a revival of TL mp-rooms, we now had a room last monday, and yesterday, making 2 in total. So it'd be nice if you were to join teh next one, probably next weekend
Unfortunately, we've generally started one in the evening European time, so that might be an issue.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-09 22:00:48
August 09 2015 21:54 GMT
#6503
blue dragon unquit(?)

also cookiezi


reimu got unbanned too. cookiezi didn't and has said a lot of very stupid things, seems quite immature
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Rizare
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada593 Posts
August 09 2015 22:31 GMT
#6504
On August 10 2015 06:16 Yorbon wrote:
I just came back from a break, but it seems blue dragon quit, cookiezi is back and fanzhen was banned (?)
And overall level at the top has risen again it seems.

More importantly, we had a revival of TL mp-rooms, we now had a room last monday, and yesterday, making 2 in total. So it'd be nice if you were to join teh next one, probably next weekend
Unfortunately, we've generally started one in the evening European time, so that might be an issue.


Oh, welcome back. Though I haven't played in nearly a year, so I really suck now. I can't play AR9 as well and streams are still my bane of existence. I don't pay much attention to top players. Is it still White Wolf at the top?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 09 2015 22:35 GMT
#6505
he's somewhere at the top 10, iirc hvick is #1 by a huge margin
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
falconfan02
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States231 Posts
August 10 2015 00:00 GMT
#6506
You might like this yorbon https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/3gegb9/osu_extra_hard_beatmap_pack_667_stars/
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 10 2015 00:06 GMT
#6507
I'm already excited >:D
I'll get on to them tomorrow! Thanks a lot!
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
August 10 2015 02:58 GMT
#6508
[image loading]

WHEW stamina easy
got a 200 combo through the last chorus LOL
I'd love to play multi sometime, add me so I dont forget (Soularion)
Writermaru pls
Frazzlehoon
Profile Joined July 2008
United States3455 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-10 17:58:55
August 10 2015 17:58 GMT
#6509
I saw the Extra Hard pack that that guy made on Reddit, but I'm not at that skill level yet. D:
Does anyone know if there are any bundles like that for a 4.5+ star pack? (My profile for approx skill level: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Frazzlehoon)

Also, I need to practice longer streams (7+), does anyone have any practice maps that have been useful for them?
monomo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany150 Posts
August 10 2015 18:01 GMT
#6510
Adde you DeViezeMan, forgot your TL name :/
My osu! username is unfortunately monomosc... have my namechange still but can't think of a good one.

I'd be up for something right now.. maybe?
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-10 18:21:15
August 10 2015 18:19 GMT
#6511
Soularion, I'll message you when we start, or as soon as you come online.

Frazzlehoon, I find it very hard to give maps for that skill level and I don't think that there are packs just like the very hard (afaik). You might want to download every map by val0108 (for example), as they are generally quite hard in multiple aspects. Maybe maps by RLC or asphyxia?
For streaming practice, I'd recommend the following maps:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/43701
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48352
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/31419 (collab diff) It's nyancat, I know, but it really helps to play this to get a fundamental idea of streaming (all kinds of rythms, spacing, etc)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/21928
In general I would recommend that you try to find the rythm of the song you're playing very consciously. Mashing buttons is an absolute no go. (basic stuff, but this becomes more and more important the longer the stream gets)

monomo, i can play about half an hour from now, something like that? I won't play any hard stuff, though, as I've pushed myself quite hard today already.
Frazzlehoon
Profile Joined July 2008
United States3455 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-10 18:30:40
August 10 2015 18:28 GMT
#6512
On August 11 2015 03:19 Yorbon wrote:
Soularion, I'll message you when we start, or as soon as you come online.

Frazzlehoon, I find it very hard to give maps for that skill level and I don't think that there are packs just like the very hard (afaik). You might want to download every map by val0108 (for example), as they are generally quite hard in multiple aspects. Maybe maps by RLC or asphyxia?
For streaming practice, I'd recommend the following maps:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/43701
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48352
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/31419 (collab diff) It's nyancat, I know, but it really helps to play this to get a fundamental idea of streaming (all kinds of rythms, spacing, etc)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/21928
In general I would recommend that you try to find the rythm of the song you're playing very consciously. Mashing buttons is an absolute no go. (basic stuff, but this becomes more and more important the longer the stream gets)

monomo, i can play about half an hour from now, something like that? I won't play any hard stuff, though, as I've pushed myself quite hard today already.


Thanks Yorbon! That's what I was looking for!

Hmm yea, I'm trying to get better, so I've been trying songs that around 5 stars, but I wanted some more variety in maps because I don't have an extensive library yet.
And I guess my playstyle habits are pretty strange lol. I only want to get S ranks, so I'll reset if I break at all. (Unless its like 98 acc or higher, then a break towards the end is ok)

(I like nycancat so I'm looking forward to play that map haha)
monomo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany150 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-10 18:35:53
August 10 2015 18:31 GMT
#6513
no hard stuff eh? "hard" is purely a word we give to our mental block!

edit:
On August 11 2015 03:28 Frazzlehoon wrote:


And I guess my playstyle habits are pretty strange lol. I only want to get S ranks, so I'll reset if I break at all. (Unless its like 98 acc or higher, then a break towards the end is ok)

(I like nycancat so I'm looking forward to play that map haha)



That really is a habit you should try and break. Aim is trained by playing aim heavy maps that are just out of reach.
Frazzlehoon
Profile Joined July 2008
United States3455 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-10 18:45:17
August 10 2015 18:42 GMT
#6514
On August 11 2015 03:31 monomo wrote:
no hard stuff eh? "hard" is purely a word we give to our mental block!

edit:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2015 03:28 Frazzlehoon wrote:


And I guess my playstyle habits are pretty strange lol. I only want to get S ranks, so I'll reset if I break at all. (Unless its like 98 acc or higher, then a break towards the end is ok)

(I like nycancat so I'm looking forward to play that map haha)



That really is a habit you should try and break. Aim is trained by playing aim heavy maps that are just out of reach.


Ooh hmm interesting. I've never really thought about it that way. But now that I think of it, that's true. Most of the songs that I'm practicing right now, I can get pretty consistent acc (maybe ~95), but just break due to inconsistent aim/rhythm. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out!

I think its just my minor OCD that doesn't like breaks haha. S's are so much more pretty than A's. D:
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-10 18:50:23
August 10 2015 18:49 GMT
#6515
On August 11 2015 03:28 Frazzlehoon wrote:
And I guess my playstyle habits are pretty strange lol. I only want to get S ranks, so I'll reset if I break at all. (Unless its like 98 acc or higher, then a break towards the end is ok)

(I like nycancat so I'm looking forward to play that map haha)
I'm sorry if I'm starting to sound like a know-it-all (it's not my intention), but I really think that you should try not to repeat the same map too often. In terms of general (non-specific) improvement it's way more efficient to play a wide variety of maps instead of repeating a map over and over again. (This of course, does not apply to stamina practice for example, where it doesn't really matter).
By playing each map very little, you will potentially improve your reading skills to a point where you can S maps in one try. You also risk overestimating your skill because of repeating a map too often. As long as you cannot be reasonably sure you can repeat a score, that score does not represent your skill level.

Haha, ok, good luck!

Edit: Aaand, I spent way too much time on this post, lol.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
August 10 2015 19:15 GMT
#6516
As someone who's been playing rhythm games since 2002, I can say Yorbon has it right.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 10 2015 20:17 GMT
#6517
It's one of the few points we've been completely agreeing on the last few years now, I think



Again, my apologies for leaving the mp quickly just now. My wrists began to feel wrong after those few songs. ):
Next time I will get into mp, I'll make sure to be completely in form
monomo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany150 Posts
August 10 2015 20:31 GMT
#6518
On August 11 2015 05:17 Yorbon wrote:
As long as you cannot be reasonably sure you can repeat a score, that score does not represent your skill level.


I have huge issues with this statement actually. Very few players would have any kind of representation of their skill level on their profile if that were true.
deakachu
Profile Joined December 2012
103 Posts
August 10 2015 21:08 GMT
#6519
On August 11 2015 02:58 Frazzlehoon wrote:
I saw the Extra Hard pack that that guy made on Reddit, but I'm not at that skill level yet. D:
Does anyone know if there are any bundles like that for a 4.5+ star pack? (My profile for approx skill level: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Frazzlehoon)

Also, I need to practice longer streams (7+), does anyone have any practice maps that have been useful for them?


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M1Z3J-2o_QAcEZYr_PuSS8tdKmIDJT4pOMWP6pRb7Os/edit?usp=sharing

Here you go, I went through my maps from 4.5 to 5 stars and picked the ones that stood out to me. If you want more we can multi some time, and then you can get some 5+ ones as well.

I think the others are right, don't spam retries on a map, limit to something like 5-10 and then move on is my usual way. For me I normally divide up my sessions between trying to clear maps for the first time and trying to FC maps. This way you are training all areas. Going straight into clears can fuck your hands a bit so it's nice to warm up with some FC farming and the pp comes as a bonus. In the end though it's best to just play how you want to, enjoying the game is the most important thing after all.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-10 21:31:17
August 10 2015 21:30 GMT
#6520
On August 11 2015 05:31 monomo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2015 05:17 Yorbon wrote:
As long as you cannot be reasonably sure you can repeat a score, that score does not represent your skill level.


I have huge issues with this statement actually. Very few players would have any kind of representation of their skill level on their profile if that were true.
This is not entirely correct. I do agree that the individual scores on someone's profile do not represent the skill level of that person, assuming what i said. However, the whole of someone's scores could say something about his skill level, because those scores collectively are unobtainable for someone with a (significantly) lower skill level within a reasonable amount of time. One can estimate a minimum skill level that way. This still gives a very weak estimate, however, as it still is dependent on time spent achieving those scores as well as skill. Someone who has spent 2 years at the same skill level, will be expected to have higher pp than someone at that skill level who's recently improved a lot. You might also say that increased farming activity (per amount of time) drives amount of pp upwards. So regardless of whether a score represents your skill level, your skill level is not represented well by your profile at all. (Please note that I said 'not well at all' and not 'not at all' just in case). I would argue that the higher the rank achieved, the more accurate the amount of pp is, because the attainability of those scores through sheer repetition decrease more rapidly (than at the lower levels) the higher the amount of pp.

Worth noting is also that this 'upward bias' is not necessarily a consequence of the current pp system or something. It is a bias coming from the fact that osu takes your maximum score, which correlates with highest pp score (note: correlate; no 1 on 1 relation). These kind of biases cannot be prevented by any kind of (reasonable) system, I think. So while I still accept the current system, it has it's flaws. One might see the scores on someone's profile as a first approximation of someone's skill.

Going back to when I saw your profile online just now. I saw you were rank 500, so assumed a (probable) minimum level. After that I just looked at scores you obtained and saw you are probably better than me (you at least were at that moment). Not based on rank, profile scores, or scores obtained after repeating, but based on scores on maps you had no way of knowing were coming.

I hope this is structured enough to follow. And sorry for all things in brackets; i hate written media.

tldr: Profile does not represent skill anyway, except at the highest level.
Prev 1 324 325 326 327 328 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1315
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 238
Rex 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56705
Calm 3770
Shuttle 3367
Bisu 1450
FanTaSy 1335
firebathero 392
Stork 287
Mini 264
Hyuk 248
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Zeus 243
Rush 226
EffOrt 213
actioN 194
Soulkey 169
Last 154
Light 142
ZerO 130
Snow 103
Dewaltoss 73
Sea.KH 65
Mong 63
Pusan 60
PianO 55
Killer 52
Barracks 46
JYJ 44
hero 43
Shinee 36
Free 35
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 27
Aegong 26
Shine 26
Yoon 26
Sharp 23
sorry 20
yabsab 19
Sacsri 16
HiyA 16
Noble 14
Hyun 12
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6679
Dendi539
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1306
kRYSTAL_326
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King84
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko381
Other Games
gofns34502
singsing2029
B2W.Neo688
crisheroes265
hiko210
DeMusliM197
Livibee123
byalli90
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
24m
OSC
9h 39m
Replay Cast
10h 24m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.