• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:37
CEST 14:37
KST 21:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8219 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 324

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 370 Next
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-04 22:26:36
August 04 2015 22:21 GMT
#6461
Cyro, my first score on that map:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Ok acc, made some stupid aim mistakes, so the score is abysmal.
I don't particularly like the map though. It's pretty repetitive and has little interesting patterns, imo. Also, I'm not really a fan of the '5 notes in between' patterns, that don't make sense to me at all sometimes, other than continuing the current flow.
It may be interesting for hr (aim) and dt (ar, speed and aim, maybe it's too hard though), but I don't think I'll ever play it nomod again.

Sorry to be so harsh :$ Let's say the maps you chose during mp were 100 times more interesting to me.


On a happier note, I'm all for regular tl rooms! I don't really like being online, but for mp there's an exception for obvious reasons
To start things off: what do you guys say about next saturday? maybe around 9pm cest or something?
Also, I'd love for some more old school tlosu members to join as well! Bobbias/Xafnia, what do you think? Or Yuugo or prototype (if this thread is even still read by them)?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-05 00:08:53
August 04 2015 23:36 GMT
#6462
Also, I'm not really a fan of the '5 notes in between' patterns


It's mapped to the background of the music, not the foreground (which i actually really hate but that map worked ok for me)

streamed for an hour earlier, a few highlights~

can't play that map particularly well. It's like 205bpm streams at parts, so it's a bit on the fast side for me to handle on top of all the other stuff

other video won't process damnit. I'l show it somehow soon~ I played with mouse for those few maps in the MP cause i was too tired to plug in tablet and warm up with it :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
August 05 2015 20:44 GMT
#6463
God, Fifth Element is awesome. Wonderful 4K stamina map- got a B on it, now my wrists are dead.
Stamina maps are sooo fun sometimes, although they're best as just 'play it once at the end of the session and then rip' rather than stuff to keep in the rotation. What are some other good ~4.5* 4K stamina maps?
Writermaru pls
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
August 05 2015 21:05 GMT
#6464
I can't even play stamina stuff right now, and I've never really been a fan of them, so I don't really know any suggestions.
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
August 05 2015 22:09 GMT
#6465
TBH like 90% of the fun is being unable to do them and just straining for a pass lol
Writermaru pls
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
August 06 2015 04:24 GMT
#6466
The last stamina file I played would probably be the stepmania convert of Unorthodox Red, which I barely passed because by the end my hands were just not working right. I mean, 220 bpm jumpstream isn't that fast for me, but it's so long that my hands just went retarded by the end. What I enjoy is pushing my speed/reading to it's limit, not seeing how long I can go before my hands give out.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 06 2015 10:40 GMT
#6467
Cyro, your video is private!

Bobbias, I'm curious what you think about practicing speed in general.
I've noticed (in standard) that my speed improves when I play fast maps, but also long stream maps of lower bpm. Would you agree and say it's the same for mania? Or are the mechanics too different to compare that directly? Or maybe there is some totally different view you have?
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
August 06 2015 17:00 GMT
#6468
It's kinda hard to compare. Standard relies only on one hand, where mania has a whole collection of different kinds of patterns. I definitely don't get any faster from playing long streams at lower bpm though. I tend to get faster by practicing on stuff with fast bursts because my issue in stepmania that's limiting my speed is my reading. By playing bursts I can get my brain used to reading denser stuff without just getting wrecked by hard stuff until I can read it better. It also lets me push my top speed higher since I don't have to worry about stamina during bursts. I should be able to burst around 260 bpm 16th notes (260 bpm 1/4 in osu terms) on a good day right now in 4k. No idea what bpm I could sustain 1 hand trills at accurately but it's definitely a lot slower than that.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 06 2015 18:10 GMT
#6469
On August 07 2015 02:00 Bobbias wrote:
It's kinda hard to compare. Standard relies only on one hand, where mania has a whole collection of different kinds of patterns. I definitely don't get any faster from playing long streams at lower bpm though. I tend to get faster by practicing on stuff with fast bursts because my issue in stepmania that's limiting my speed is my reading. By playing bursts I can get my brain used to reading denser stuff without just getting wrecked by hard stuff until I can read it better. It also lets me push my top speed higher since I don't have to worry about stamina during bursts. I should be able to burst around 260 bpm 16th notes (260 bpm 1/4 in osu terms) on a good day right now in 4k. No idea what bpm I could sustain 1 hand trills at accurately but it's definitely a lot slower than that.
Ah, i see. I also didn't realise that reading is very different.

A nice score today (You're not going believe me, but it's actually a pass; i checked in the replay)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
August 06 2015 20:12 GMT
#6470
It's weird, reading limits can feel like physical speed limits, but when I improve my reading and suddenly get faster the connection really shows.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 06 2015 23:34 GMT
#6471
On August 07 2015 05:12 Bobbias wrote:
It's weird, reading limits can feel like physical speed limits, but when I improve my reading and suddenly get faster the connection really shows.

Haha, curious. I have the exact opposite. Whenever I get faster my reading suddenly improves. It could be because reading is my strong point and your weak point, and speed is at least my weak point. You seem to be quite fast in mania (through my eyes). That's even more proof of the connection between speed and reading, i guess..
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
August 07 2015 00:45 GMT
#6472
For me, it's a mixture of physical speed and reading speed. It's a careful balance for mania, and it largely depends on the pattern. Most is reading, though. The big jump I'm trying to make is ~170-180 bpm jumpstreams. Been doing more stepmania than osu!mania for this, since osu!mania doesn't have many classic jumpstream-y songs- Let This Go (although it's only jumpstreamy in sections), Air Heroes, etc. are stuff I wanna be able to AA by the end of 2015, ideally. That's probably the hardest 'pattern' - aside from maybe handstreams, but those aren't as big of a jump - that you have to master before you can work on pure speed, which is fun. Aside from specialist patterns like jackhammers (pls no), LN walls (also pls no), etc.
Writermaru pls
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
August 07 2015 09:21 GMT
#6473
Well jumpstreams are one thing, but there's also stuff like the crazy patterns in dumps like this:

Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 12:01:05
August 07 2015 11:59 GMT
#6474
Cyro, your video is private!


Derp!

It's weird, reading limits can feel like physical speed limits, but when I improve my reading and suddenly get faster the connection really shows.


My hand positions change depending on how comfortable i am with reading - that's quite hard to overcome entirely. With more comfort, i shift my patterns of which fingers i use too. My reading feels good but it's quite hard to expand the range of AR's that i can play effectively, there's still one AR that feels better for one map.

Playing an ar9 map (as in, a map which feels perfect at ar9) at ar8.5 or 9.5 can be doable but slightly less comfortable. At ar8 or 10, it can be very hard for me.

some that feel like they should be ~9.3ish can actually be very hard with less (8.5 - 8.8 range) and more (10 might trip me up due to having uncomfortably low density at times)

i got better and faster at reading overall, but i'm much more aware of what i can't read perfectly now. I have a LOT of problems just opening a map with HR and reading perfectly - most of that is due to uncomfortably low density and not due to ar10 itself like i once thought - i can play some 10.33 maps quite proficiently


I feel that a LOT of maps, especially older maps are ar9 because ar8 or ar10 wouldn't be suitable. That can make them feel a bit off in terms of easiest AR for them, in particular i have noticed some ar9 maps that dt to ~255bpm are actually extremely dense at parts, unreadably so for me. As extension to that, the "easiest" 10.33 maps can be quite low density and going up in difficulty can actually make the 10.33 easier to read.

Didn't read over this and my thoughts are a bit jumbled, hope that's at least a bit understandable
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 07 2015 15:00 GMT
#6475
I get what you mean, there seems to be a one on one relation between note density and most suitable ar. The exact value of most suitable ar is different for everyone. The ar for newer maps is actually quite well in that regard. I don't really like it, because for most maps, this means there is no reason to play the maps nomod anymore for me, contrary to old ar8 od8 maps. But purely looking at ar suitability, maps have certainly improved.

To get better at reading fast ar's, I have been training slower bpm maps (130+dt) editing them to ar9+ od9, to really be able to read even at lower densities. I feel this significantly increased my reading and accuracy. I am now a lot calmer than I used to when playing as well. Reading ar10 has improved, and more importantly, I can now read ar>10 good enough to use it for speed practice, which also helps reading. So I'm at some weird point where it seems to be easier to climb the higher I get.

Cyro, which map were you playing int the video? It seems pretty intense/interesting.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 15:48:22
August 07 2015 15:47 GMT
#6476
One of the ones i gave in MP, i think the bpm is 205 if that helps find it

gz on the remote dt pass :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 07 2015 15:59 GMT
#6477
On August 08 2015 00:47 Cyro wrote:
One of the ones i gave in MP, i think the bpm is 205 if that helps find it

gz on the remote dt pass :D

Oops, I didn't recognise it. :$
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 07 2015 16:17 GMT
#6478
On August 07 2015 18:21 Bobbias wrote:
Well jumpstreams are one thing, but there's also stuff like the crazy patterns in dumps like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT-mPPfXoOI


LOL THAT IS GOOD
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
deakachu
Profile Joined December 2012
103 Posts
August 08 2015 08:45 GMT
#6479


Godlike.

Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 08 2015 14:45 GMT
#6480
pff, 6 star+dt >.>

So, anyone up for mp today?
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1315
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 238
Rex 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56705
Calm 3770
Shuttle 3367
Bisu 1450
FanTaSy 1335
firebathero 392
Stork 287
Mini 264
Hyuk 248
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Zeus 243
Rush 226
EffOrt 213
actioN 194
Soulkey 169
Last 154
Light 142
ZerO 130
Snow 103
Dewaltoss 73
Sea.KH 65
Mong 63
Pusan 60
PianO 55
Killer 52
Barracks 46
JYJ 44
hero 43
Shinee 36
Free 35
NotJumperer 34
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 27
Aegong 26
Shine 26
Yoon 26
Sharp 23
sorry 20
yabsab 19
Sacsri 16
HiyA 16
Noble 14
Hyun 12
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6679
Dendi539
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1306
kRYSTAL_326
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King84
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko381
Other Games
gofns34502
singsing2029
B2W.Neo688
crisheroes265
hiko210
DeMusliM197
Livibee123
byalli90
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
23m
OSC
9h 38m
Replay Cast
10h 23m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.