• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:19
CEST 19:19
KST 02:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11473 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 315

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 313 314 315 316 317 370 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
May 01 2015 03:58 GMT
#6281
Can you link some aim intensive plays from him?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
May 01 2015 19:27 GMT
#6282
On May 01 2015 12:58 Cyro wrote:
Can you link some aim intensive plays from him?

angelsim is more know for his insane streaming abilities.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
May 02 2015 05:21 GMT
#6283
doesn't really matter if you're using mouse or tablet for streams (unless they have extreme spacing i think)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
May 03 2015 06:07 GMT
#6284
I like maps like this a lot more than relying on od9.67-10.33 and high speed streams!

"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
May 03 2015 09:44 GMT
#6285
Holy shit, that map looks incredible.
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-04 00:58:29
May 04 2015 00:54 GMT
#6286
I uploaded some super old osu! video of mine to show someone. So I might as well post it here too lol. Almost makes me want to play again.





God I suck.
deakachu
Profile Joined December 2012
103 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-04 19:15:48
May 04 2015 19:13 GMT
#6287
[image loading]
Finally passed this, quite an achievement for a scrub like me.
Can anyone recommend some quality maps in the 5.8-6.4* range, as it is quite hard to sift through all the unranked maps and I don't have many at the moment.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-04 20:50:49
May 04 2015 20:49 GMT
#6288
Some maps in that range I enjoyed lately (no particular order and difficulty varies):

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/260141
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/52878 & https://osu.ppy.sh/s/59874
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/222453
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/225179
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/103972
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213240
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213068
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/73734
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90094
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/276013
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/106614
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/42741
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/240733
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/242318
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/78579
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/257407
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213558

+ obligatory CRN stuff
falconfan02
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States231 Posts
May 05 2015 16:42 GMT
#6289
Lowered my mouse dpi once again and finally turned off aero. Struggled at first but now my aim is actually starting to show some signs of consistency. I've gotten a couple of FC's on some >3min maps, and getting high combos on longer maps that I know are well within the range I should be able to FC, but was never able to due to the 2-3 accuracy slipups that would always occur. Had a very close sliderbreak on this map around 1100x, but still ended up being my new best play at 111pp https://osu.ppy.sh/b/315354?m=0

Single tapping speed is still atrocious and is limiting me on some maps, but my alternating has gotten much better, so hoping I can improve it to the point that I can do both with similar accuracy.
deakachu
Profile Joined December 2012
103 Posts
May 05 2015 17:56 GMT
#6290
On May 05 2015 05:49 maru~ wrote:
Some maps in that range I enjoyed lately (no particular order and difficulty varies):

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/260141
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/52878 & https://osu.ppy.sh/s/59874
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/222453
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/225179
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/103972
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213240
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213068
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/73734
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90094
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/276013
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/106614
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/42741
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/240733
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/242318
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/78579
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/257407
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213558

+ obligatory CRN stuff


Thanks. Some of these are really nice.

Do the people here ever play multis together?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-06 07:32:45
May 06 2015 07:30 GMT
#6291
I used to occasionally

there's not many of us and some (me included) are inactive right now compared to some previous times

Lowered my mouse dpi once again


To what value and game resolution? :D

60hz aero is terrible "swamp cursor" really, really applies. From one perspective, the lag time between your movements and when you see them shouldn't change how you play at all - but in reality it's just such a different game if you make a big improvement to input lag
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Frazzlehoon
Profile Joined July 2008
United States3455 Posts
May 06 2015 20:29 GMT
#6292
Hi everyone! I was a huge fan of the DS games, and recently downloaded Osu and started playing haha.

Here's my profile:
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Frazzlehoon

I just had some random general questions:
It seems like I'm improving (which is good), but it seems like the rate that I'm earning PP is slowing down. I've read the technical description of what it is, but was wondering for more "general" knowledge of how it works, is it basically just how high you score on a particular map compared to others?

Sometimes I think I do really well on a map, but then my PP only increases by 2-5. Could someone describe some rule of thumbs that they've seen from experience?

Also, does anyone have any strategies for gaining rank?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
May 06 2015 21:01 GMT
#6293
Worry about skill more than rank. The fastest way to rank up is to improve your skill in significant ways, even if that's what you want

PP scales based on a lot of things. Firstly, it depends on the combo - if you play a map perfectly but your max combo is only half of the map, you'll only get ~60% of the PP. Because of that you usually need FC's, but it's acceptable to only combo like 80% of a map if it's very hard, just generally try for FC's.

It scales based on accuracy (in particular, it seems to be pretty flat scaling below ~92% - but going from 95% up towards 100% can give a lot of extra PP. That's partially based on the OD of a song - the stat that decides how strict the timing window is before you'll start getting 100's instead of 300's. Accuracy based scaling ignores sliders, as they don't have the same potential to get 100's. If you hit it, even if it's early/late, you'll still get a 300 unless you mess up the slider.

The "map length" matters - but that's measured entirely or almost entirely in the circle count of the map, and not by the length of time that it takes. That completely ignores sliders.

another important stat is the spacing of the map, like how big the average distance is between circles. Big jumps, constant small-medium jumps (this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/127712 is known for those) as well as streams with lots of spacing (that applies more when you can stream well) tend to make maps worth a lot.


Generally at a low-ish level you should just try to play stuff you can get ~95-98% accuracy on and FC. That's true at every level, but the more intricate details matter more at a higher level.

You should look at the PP that the individual score gives you, rather than your total PP. That tells you a lot more.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Frazzlehoon
Profile Joined July 2008
United States3455 Posts
May 06 2015 21:36 GMT
#6294
Ooh ok! Thanks for the tips, it was a good read!

I've been working on my accuracy and combo for a lot of the maps that I've been practicing. I've been restarting if I break a combo before 75%ish. Yea, I've been looking at ther PP individually by map, but your descriptions explain why its as such. Sometimes it just seems like a song that I thought I did really well on (and is difficult compared to my higher scores) isn't giving as much PP as I thought it would when I finished the song.

Hopefully, I'll be hitting the 100 PP mark soon haha.

For songs, I've been mainly just downloading the most recent "Beatmap Pack Listings." Are there any other places to get groupings of songs that are approved/ranked?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
May 06 2015 21:38 GMT
#6295
You can add a user (bot) called Tillerino and whisper him "!r" without exclamation mark (or other commands) which recommends a ranked map that you can probably play. There's also just grabbing ranked maps from the website
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
falconfan02
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States231 Posts
May 06 2015 23:04 GMT
#6296
On May 06 2015 16:30 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
Lowered my mouse dpi once again


To what value and game resolution? :D

60hz aero is terrible "swamp cursor" really, really applies. From one perspective, the lag time between your movements and when you see them shouldn't change how you play at all - but in reality it's just such a different game if you make a big improvement to input lag


Down to 1500dpi and playing on fullscreen 1920x1080. And yeah i was amazed at the difference, for some reason I had just never bothered to try it. I do get screen tearing on my cursor during quick jumpy movements now, but doesn't really affect my gameplay at all.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-07 12:13:27
May 07 2015 12:12 GMT
#6297
Congrats you are now at high sens

And yeah i was amazed at the difference, for some reason I had just never bothered to try it.


The gap between 60hz and 144hz is a bigger improvement for cursor feel and also makes the screen tearing much less bad. I don't think i can ever use a monitor below 100hz again
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Zenith Phantasm
Profile Joined April 2015
United States12 Posts
May 07 2015 16:20 GMT
#6298
One day I will find an affordable Sony FW900 and a table that will be able to support it and my fulltower.
"Move first, think later."
falconfan02
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States231 Posts
May 08 2015 06:56 GMT
#6299
On May 07 2015 21:12 Cyro wrote:
Congrats you are now at high sens

Show nested quote +
And yeah i was amazed at the difference, for some reason I had just never bothered to try it.


The gap between 60hz and 144hz is a bigger improvement for cursor feel and also makes the screen tearing much less bad. I don't think i can ever use a monitor below 100hz again


A 144hz monitor is definitely on my future to-buy list. Any one in particular you would recommend?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
May 08 2015 07:32 GMT
#6300
Hard to say ATM, depends if you want gsync or not too
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 313 314 315 316 317 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
UpATreeSC 131
MindelVK 10
ProTech4
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35065
Calm 3507
Shuttle 1356
FanTaSy 927
actioN 337
EffOrt 278
Rush 185
firebathero 184
Hyuk 135
Dewaltoss 100
[ Show more ]
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 57
Hyun 34
Aegong 25
Bale 25
Free 23
soO 23
HiyA 22
PianO 20
Shine 14
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8017
Dendi1066
XaKoH 253
Fuzer 68
League of Legends
KnowMe66
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1392
x6flipin430
fl0m272
Other Games
singsing2281
FrodaN1168
Beastyqt674
mouzStarbuck334
B2W.Neo284
byalli196
Livibee184
C9.Mang0157
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr69
Mew2King56
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV437
Other Games
• Shiphtur923
• imaqtpie135
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 57m
Replay Cast
5h 42m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.