• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:57
CEST 19:57
KST 02:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11910 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 303

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 301 302 303 304 305 370 Next
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
February 02 2015 23:40 GMT
#6041
On February 03 2015 07:39 Bobbias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2015 02:59 maru~ wrote:
I don't know the context etc. but what he says sounds about right in general?


I can understand saying that AiAe's fun, but still bad. The thing is, I don't think Spy actually understands the mapping in AiAe. He's certainly nowhere near good enough to play it (He's rank ~5k. I'm rank ~600 and I can't play SHD yet). The SHD diff was created for stepmania. The stepmania community has been around WAY WAY longer than osu!, let alone o!m, and has figured out how to make difficult charts that play well years ago. Spy even says the map is fun (which I consider to be the single most important thing about a map, from both the player and mapper's perspectives).

Spy says it's easy to make hard maps. I wholeheartedly disagree. It might be easy to make a garbage dumpmap that plays like shit, but it's a whole lot harder to figure out how to arrange highly dense patterns so that they actually feel good to play. In mania, it's common for difficult patterns to be difficult to understand if you can't play them, because of the layering multiple rhythmic elements together in the patterns. For example, if I look at a 6.5 star or higher o!m map, I might legitimately have difficulty figuring out all the patterns without opening it in the editor and playing the song at 50% or something. I have a feeling Spy is shitting on AiAe just because he doesn't understand the patterns at all.

I wouldn't give a shit if he was just another mapper, but when BATs/QATs have restrictive ideas of how people should be mapping, I start to care. It's getting harder and harder to rank difficult beatmaps in mania. I'm getting sick of being able to get 97%+ with DT on half the maps being ranked. I'm sick of seeing only like 1 good map ranked in a month. And Spy is just one part of why that's happening.

agreed.
I was about to make a post about it as well, but deleted it, cause I only know stuff about standard. I disagreed with almost everything he said.
But I've been pessimistic about mapping quality for a long time. Quoting gladiool: "a modded bad map is still a bad map". Overall people seem to have an aversion to reading and to like patterns that do not require thinking (slider-circle-slider-circle-circle-circle), I wish aqo would make maps again. Tears would flow if that would be my birthday present.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-03 05:31:51
February 03 2015 02:57 GMT
#6042
On February 03 2015 08:40 Yorbon wrote:
agreed.
I was about to make a post about it as well, but deleted it, cause I only know stuff about standard. I disagreed with almost everything he said.
But I've been pessimistic about mapping quality for a long time. Quoting gladiool: "a modded bad map is still a bad map". Overall people seem to have an aversion to reading and to like patterns that do not require thinking (slider-circle-slider-circle-circle-circle), I wish aqo would make maps again. Tears would flow if that would be my birthday present.


You can polish a turd, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a turd to begin with. And that's what's happening in mania. The easy, TV size turds are getting polished, while the diamonds in the rough are being ignored or people complain about the dumbest things. It's actually hard to get mods for anything that isn't TV Size anime music because so many mod queues have length requirements and such.

It boggles my mind when I see maps that have patterns as good or better than what's getting ranked without a single mod languishing in the graveyard.

Here's the chart that Spy was talking about. It's hard, but actually has very accurate patterns.



Unrelated, but I thought this was pretty funny: http://ask.fm/Tom94/answer/125008624846
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-04 06:10:50
February 03 2015 06:16 GMT
#6043
I don't think anyone can actually read those patterns unless they play mania at a high level >_>

i'm 3.3k on standard and most of it looks like key mashing unless i slowed it down to a quarter speed

Video of Kuvster's score~


He had like a 400 unstable rate though, corrected for mods. Touchscreen with 0.1 second delay on it isn't usable for most other scores


After watching parts of that mania map a lot, i do really like the part around 2:00 - 3:00 (maybe more) i can somewhat read them now.

Speaking of mania, i would love for a "speed-adjust" slider to be in osu standard - With Mania, since you can independantly adjust the approach rate, HT and DT are basically just speed modifiers, even on RANKED play. For standard i'd kinda like to be able to set something at a different speed, but be able to choose quite accurately.

For example, there's a lot of stuff where DT is impossible, but being able to play at 1.2x speed unranked would be nice, without having to use a BPM changer program. 0.7, 0.75, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0 speed might be good for practicing a new map, for example.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-04 09:42:28
February 04 2015 09:40 GMT
#6044
I know exactly what you mean. Stepmania has this feature (and it's completely customizeable, if you want 1.125x or something strange you could technically edit a text file and get that). We've been asking for that feature for mania for a while now actually. DT and HT are flat speed modifiers in mania (especially with fixed speeds since it won't affect your scroll rate at all), but it's restricted to only those specific speeds, which sucks.

Also, it's really common in stepmania for good players to speed already really hard songs up to make them harder. Staiain does that on stream quite often.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-04 16:14:27
February 04 2015 12:19 GMT
#6045
Yeah, not being able to set map speed is a big hole in osu atm. It would raise the overall level pretty fast if you'd be able to, closing the gap between practicing an instrument and practicing osu.

Mania news: I passed some little star diff, a whopping 2.3 stars :')
For me it was quite hard though:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


And Heart of Witch [Marirose's 4k HD] is by far my favourite mania map. Unfortunately I'm only able to read it, and not to play it ):

Edit: Áand I'm an idiot. I created a smurf account yesterdag. When playing mania i got a map of which i liked the song and decided to play it in standard. But I forgot to log off.... Sure hope it's still there tomorrow.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-05 17:01:38
February 04 2015 19:34 GMT
#6046
One of my better plays I think (some derps though). Sorry for shit quality.

http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/games/94258-game-osu?page=303#6052
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 04 2015 20:01 GMT
#6047
gj! nice map too
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-04 21:46:49
February 04 2015 20:06 GMT
#6048
Thanks. Yeah, it's quite fun to play. There's another version of it in the same mapset with bigger spacing, too hard for me though (edit: passed but with bad acc :D).
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
February 04 2015 21:29 GMT
#6049
That map looks fun as hell.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-05 02:39:33
February 05 2015 02:39 GMT
#6050
By the way, any tips for better video quality while keeping file size low (shitty upload speed)? I used MPEG-4, 480p, 60 FPS and 80/100 quality setting; vid is ~150 MB.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-05 09:30:26
February 05 2015 07:09 GMT
#6051
I can play the other map aim-wise (maybe relax fc) but it has huge chains for like 10 seconds where you just have to hit a half beat jump on every single half beat with no breaks at all, and it's difficult to time and read properly. I like this map a bit more because it has breaks and if you listen to the hitsounds alone, it sounds a bit more like a song instead of the other map, which to an outsider just sounds like X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X at a constant beat

I encode only with x264 (pretty much best/common h264 encoder, used in OBS, Handbrake and other frontend programs), usually using the crf setting which is a slider in many programs, or you have to write in the command line of OBS custom x264 settings "crf=18" for example, with no quotes.

I set a max bitrate cap on top of that sometimes, for many osu things i use crf12-20* (lower is higher quality and bigger file size). I don't usually upload stuff other than 1280x720@60fps



^that's 720p120fps (live!) encoded at ~25MB per minute. Youtube still fucks with the quality and makes it 60fps. If i could record a very high quality source and then take 10 minutes to re-encode 3 minutes of video, it could look better. Some of the best jumps i've ever recorded though i can't repeat that very easily


*crf just uses more and more bitrate until the video is of a certain quality, but not more on top of that. You can quite easily control how you want the video to look, though some videos might use 1.5x more bitrate than others. You can set a bitrate cap as well, and it will use bitrate until the video looks good enough for the crf or the cap is hit.

When live streaming people typically used higher crf (lower quality cap). Xsplit and OBS included a "quality" setting which controlled crf - the one in xsplit went from 25-35 crf originally, while it was 23-33 in OBS if i remember correctly. That was always too high for my tastes and i manually use higher for all local recordings, even in livestreams when i'm not using constant bitrate
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-05 16:54:37
February 05 2015 16:53 GMT
#6052
Thanks for advice. Changed settings a bit and reuploaded with better quality and smaller filesize:



Will look into it some more later.

On February 05 2015 16:09 Cyro wrote:
I can play the other map aim-wise (maybe relax fc) but it has huge chains for like 10 seconds where you just have to hit a half beat jump on every single half beat with no breaks at all, and it's difficult to time and read properly. I like this map a bit more because it has breaks and if you listen to the hitsounds alone, it sounds a bit more like a song instead of the other map, which to an outsider just sounds like X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X at a constant beat

You mean the one I linked some time ago in the thread? Can't read it properly even on ar10.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-05 17:04:29
February 05 2015 17:03 GMT
#6053
Yea i can play that one, maybe even relax FC (but i can't time it properly without relax, also i need ar10 for sure). I linked it ages before you did i think~

1:40
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
February 05 2015 17:16 GMT
#6054
Oh okay, didn't see it then.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
February 05 2015 19:21 GMT
#6055
wtf score from yesterday. I wanted to upload it to youtube, but obs didn't really help. Now i don't feel like it anymore. I fced the jumps at the start, it was that nice a run. All misses were stupid, and mostly due to mouse repositioning at the later parts.
This score is about as good as happystick got (2 years ago.....). Need moar practice.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 06 2015 12:15 GMT
#6056
You should both post stuff! I quad-posted and nobody else posted anything for a whole week or responded to any of it >____>


Disclaimer: The hard rock/ map length nerf is not a real thing


1:27 - 1:35 (SS! )

and 2:58 - 3:08 lolol
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
February 06 2015 14:42 GMT
#6057
My stuff too shitty to post. :[
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 06 2015 21:42 GMT
#6058
WWW #1!
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
lurked
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada918 Posts
February 06 2015 22:23 GMT
#6059
Yeah, really nice climb by WWW lately, I can't wait to see what kind of ranks-war it might have engaged!
Magic is "just" magic until I get my hands on the source code.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-08 01:31:18
February 07 2015 16:33 GMT
#6060
Holy shit



that break is physically painful

tillerino predictions:

[–]Craffted[S] 1 point 37 minutes ago

95% 634pp | 98% 672pp | 99% 695pp

[–]SuperTurtle24 1 point 13 minutes ago

Mother of god.


before this:
[image loading]

:D :D

I need a sharper/faster hitsound i think for high BPM plays. I'd like to get faster myself, and i just specced rrtyui for a minute and my current one lasts for too long and sounds terrible on 260bpm bursts/streams (but i do love it for 180bpm), any suggestions?

"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 301 302 303 304 305 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1047
TKL 369
IndyStarCraft 307
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1047
ByuN 438
TKL 369
IndyStarCraft 307
Reynor 170
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51641
Calm 2727
Shuttle 448
actioN 171
firebathero 112
Mini 89
Mong 41
White-Ra 26
scan(afreeca) 18
Aegong 16
[ Show more ]
soO 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11094
Counter-Strike
fl0m6097
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2520
Liquid`Hasu401
MindelVK11
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1991
FrodaN1342
B2W.Neo729
olofmeister516
Khaldor465
KnowMe313
crisheroes182
Livibee178
ToD94
Mew2King80
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick367
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 32
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 8
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach77
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV494
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1662
Other Games
• imaqtpie821
• Shiphtur645
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 4m
OSC
5h 4m
Replay Cast
5h 4m
OSC
18h 4m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.