• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:30
CEST 19:30
KST 02:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10236 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 18

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 370 Next
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
December 02 2009 01:33 GMT
#341
On December 02 2009 09:42 Roffles wrote:
Man, Osu is fucking hard. I can barely get to like 5% on any song cause I just die within 5 seconds. Any tips?


There is a pretty steep learning curve but once you get over it the difference between a 1 star and an ACTUAL 4.5 star is pretty much just an increase in speed. By that I mean there are no real complicated triple beats, double beats, or very fast streams.

There is a little bit of a wall from 4.5 to 5 star that will probably take you a good 1000 plays to get across but once you do again your skill starts to ramp up dramatically.

At least that's what I noticed happen to me.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
xmShake
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1100 Posts
December 02 2009 03:24 GMT
#342
On December 02 2009 09:42 Roffles wrote:
Man, Osu is fucking hard. I can barely get to like 5% on any song cause I just die within 5 seconds. Any tips?

Practicing on hard / insane songs to start with is fine, (use no fail mod if you do), but you'll probably be overwhelmed at the beginning. Start with normal songs, easy songs are too boring. Progressively work your way up once you get a feel for the game and timing. If normal > hard songs is too much of a leap, put on the hard rock mod for normal maps and you get a nice in between difficulty.

Do you know you can use Z and X to hit notes? Some people use it solely, but I only use it for long chains and quick groups of 2 or 3 notes. In the settings you can turn off some of the visual effects (combo flames I leave off since I find them really annoying.

In the end it comes down to practicing to improve. Also, you should read the faq, specifically the section on scoring.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 02 2009 03:27 GMT
#343
On December 02 2009 10:21 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2009 09:42 Roffles wrote:
Man, Osu is fucking hard. I can barely get to like 5% on any song cause I just die within 5 seconds. Any tips?

Practice hard stuff with no fail or play MP, there's a decently large learning curve until you get used to it, but playing hard songs will allow you to get better faster. It'll be extremely frusturating at first, ask Kawaii how long it took me to pass anything decently hard


You pass songs?
@KawaiiRiceLighT
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 02 2009 03:36 GMT
#344
Yea man, isn't it crazy? I have more than half your plays, ad about as many plays as you had when I started playing.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
noClue
Profile Joined July 2009
United States94 Posts
December 02 2009 17:14 GMT
#345
I started how shake did. I started with Hard/Insane and played the game perfectly fine . I'm just a natural! But seriously it's better to start off in a position you enjoy. If you find more enjoyment in fast/difficult songs, then start with those and throw on nofail. You're more likely to learn faster playing songs you enjoy and difficulties you like than going thru the easiest difficulty and boring songs. Then it just becomes a lame grind. Hell, I can beat any insane songs I pick up but I still play on NoFail mostly. That's primarily because I care not for records and points and just play for the game & warm-ups.
fAnTaCy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States893 Posts
December 03 2009 00:21 GMT
#346
On December 02 2009 12:36 Pokebunny wrote:
Yea man, isn't it crazy? I have more than half your plays, ad about as many plays as you had when I started playing.



You also ez song abuser =D that's whats up
President of Doctor Helvetica Fan Club...PM to join. Members--4, Most recent: Archas
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
December 03 2009 11:44 GMT
#347
On December 03 2009 02:14 noClue wrote:
I started how shake did. I started with Hard/Insane and played the game perfectly fine . I'm just a natural! But seriously it's better to start off in a position you enjoy. If you find more enjoyment in fast/difficult songs, then start with those and throw on nofail. You're more likely to learn faster playing songs you enjoy and difficulties you like than going thru the easiest difficulty and boring songs. Then it just becomes a lame grind. Hell, I can beat any insane songs I pick up but I still play on NoFail mostly. That's primarily because I care not for records and points and just play for the game & warm-ups.

I just love playing fast hardcore songs
noClue
Profile Joined July 2009
United States94 Posts
December 04 2009 04:36 GMT
#348
On December 03 2009 09:21 fAnTaCy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2009 12:36 Pokebunny wrote:
Yea man, isn't it crazy? I have more than half your plays, ad about as many plays as you had when I started playing.



You also ez song abuser =D that's whats up

Ha, Pokebunny luvs abusin those easy songs. I checked out ur stats, you were rank 42 at the time and so was I. Your hit percentage wasn't much higher than mine. Only difference is all the songs u had beat were normal's and easy's while all mine were insane. They should make it so higher difficulty songs get more points or something... just weird seeing high ranks with only normal.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
December 04 2009 05:04 GMT
#349
On December 04 2009 13:36 noClue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2009 09:21 fAnTaCy wrote:
On December 02 2009 12:36 Pokebunny wrote:
Yea man, isn't it crazy? I have more than half your plays, ad about as many plays as you had when I started playing.



You also ez song abuser =D that's whats up

Ha, Pokebunny luvs abusin those easy songs. I checked out ur stats, you were rank 42 at the time and so was I. Your hit percentage wasn't much higher than mine. Only difference is all the songs u had beat were normal's and easy's while all mine were insane. They should make it so higher difficulty songs get more points or something... just weird seeing high ranks with only normal.


Uh they do?

But again this games scoring system is based entirely on combo so even if you do beat a MUCH more difficult song it won't matter because your score will suck unless you get at least a 300 or more combo on a 4.7star or above.

That's why I don't like the scoring system. I have several insane songs with a 93% accuracy with a horrid score simply because of combo breaks.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 04 2009 07:18 GMT
#350
add to the list: JiYan
@KawaiiRiceLighT
noClue
Profile Joined July 2009
United States94 Posts
December 04 2009 12:48 GMT
#351
How you add people to friends list? I'm going to start playing online a bit more. Tried it yesterday and it was pretty fun...

only downfall is I think NO ONE PLAYS INSANE. Every single game was Hard and when I hosted insane it was like... psh no competition. They either were millions of points behind or dead.
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
December 05 2009 00:42 GMT
#352
this was a really weird night. I was playing with some top notch people here that aren't from Teamliquid. The weirdest thing was that this one guy kept acing each song than failing himself ON PURPOSE at teh end. Like he would just get 5 million points from a pretty hard song than just fail at the last 10 notes or so. Why would he do that? TT
xmShake
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1100 Posts
December 05 2009 00:46 GMT
#353
On December 04 2009 21:48 noClue wrote:
How you add people to friends list? I'm going to start playing online a bit more. Tried it yesterday and it was pretty fun...

only downfall is I think NO ONE PLAYS INSANE. Every single game was Hard and when I hosted insane it was like... psh no competition. They either were millions of points behind or dead.

/addfriend or read the first post for an easier way to add everyone.
If you continue to host insane songs, better people will eventually join.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
December 05 2009 01:07 GMT
#354
On December 05 2009 09:42 Racenilatr wrote:
this was a really weird night. I was playing with some top notch people here that aren't from Teamliquid. The weirdest thing was that this one guy kept acing each song than failing himself ON PURPOSE at teh end. Like he would just get 5 million points from a pretty hard song than just fail at the last 10 notes or so. Why would he do that? TT


Maybe his accuracy was like below his average so it'd screw up his average acc? idk
@KawaiiRiceLighT
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
December 05 2009 02:26 GMT
#355
On December 05 2009 10:07 KawaiiRice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2009 09:42 Racenilatr wrote:
this was a really weird night. I was playing with some top notch people here that aren't from Teamliquid. The weirdest thing was that this one guy kept acing each song than failing himself ON PURPOSE at teh end. Like he would just get 5 million points from a pretty hard song than just fail at the last 10 notes or so. Why would he do that? TT


Maybe his accuracy was like below his average so it'd screw up his average acc? idk

he was around 20k rank and 65% accuracy. He literally failed every single game on purpose for no reason
noClue
Profile Joined July 2009
United States94 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-05 02:56:23
December 05 2009 02:41 GMT
#356
Was he winning all the games? Maybe he just felt bad for beating lesser players? There were a few times when I took the fall so some other ppl could win for a change.


Someone play with . lol. I'm bored.

~NoClue
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
December 05 2009 03:39 GMT
#357
On December 05 2009 11:41 noClue wrote:
Was he winning all the games? Maybe he just felt bad for beating lesser players? There were a few times when I took the fall so some other ppl could win for a change.


Someone play with . lol. I'm bored.

~NoClue

suar
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
December 05 2009 03:47 GMT
#358
just started playing a few days ago. I agree that the learning curve is steep initially as I kept dying even on 2 or 3 star songs but after about 5 days, I was able to finish a 4.5 star song with a C rating :D:D

found out about the game thanks to kawaiirice on his stream
© Current year.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
December 05 2009 04:05 GMT
#359
On December 05 2009 11:26 Racenilatr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2009 10:07 KawaiiRice wrote:
On December 05 2009 09:42 Racenilatr wrote:
this was a really weird night. I was playing with some top notch people here that aren't from Teamliquid. The weirdest thing was that this one guy kept acing each song than failing himself ON PURPOSE at teh end. Like he would just get 5 million points from a pretty hard song than just fail at the last 10 notes or so. Why would he do that? TT


Maybe his accuracy was like below his average so it'd screw up his average acc? idk

he was around 20k rank and 65% accuracy. He literally failed every single game on purpose for no reason


I have an account I do that with.

It's like rank 75k and people are all like WTF HUH when you FC some 5 Star song.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
December 05 2009 04:43 GMT
#360
On December 05 2009 13:05 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2009 11:26 Racenilatr wrote:
On December 05 2009 10:07 KawaiiRice wrote:
On December 05 2009 09:42 Racenilatr wrote:
this was a really weird night. I was playing with some top notch people here that aren't from Teamliquid. The weirdest thing was that this one guy kept acing each song than failing himself ON PURPOSE at teh end. Like he would just get 5 million points from a pretty hard song than just fail at the last 10 notes or so. Why would he do that? TT


Maybe his accuracy was like below his average so it'd screw up his average acc? idk

he was around 20k rank and 65% accuracy. He literally failed every single game on purpose for no reason


I have an account I do that with.

It's like rank 75k and people are all like WTF HUH when you FC some 5 Star song.

Is this like the Osu equivalent of smurfing? =P
Liquipedia
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 701
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC548
Rex104
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 548
Rex 104
UpATreeSC 96
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 43
Codebar 13
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
Shine 19
Terrorterran 17
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1291
Dendi785
Counter-Strike
Fnx 747
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3445
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu485
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1638
B2W.Neo473
byalli464
ceh9370
KnowMe120
QueenE83
Trikslyr40
Chillindude23
Railgan21
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3438
League of Legends
• TFBlade1031
Other Games
• imaqtpie719
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 30m
OSC
19h 30m
Stellar Fest
19h 30m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.