• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:30
CEST 09:30
KST 16:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8604 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 229

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 227 228 229 230 231 248 Next
.Wilsh.
Profile Joined January 2010
United States133 Posts
April 12 2012 19:03 GMT
#4561
Hey guys I think I want to start playing SWTOR, but I wanted to try a trial first. If someone had a friend invite that they weren't going to use I'd really appropriate it. Thank you!
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
April 12 2012 21:34 GMT
#4562
On April 12 2012 13:53 Executor1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 08:44 Zocat wrote:
On April 11 2012 13:27 Executor1 wrote:
1.2 is out this thursday , Its Official!!

Cant wait for actually challenging raid content to be honest.


And they scrapped ranked warzones.......

I dont PVP but that is a huge fail on BW's part. They handt even announced that they where scrapping WZ's when i made that post a few days ago.

At the same time, would you prefer that they release it all buggy and then complain even more? Which is exactly what would happen if they released a buggy mess, people would complain even more then they are now. From the sounds of it , ranked WZ's are still going to be out before 1.3 and they said the time between 1.2 and 1.3 is going to be alot less than the time between 1.1 and 1.2. So realistically we should see ranked wz's in the next month, in full working fashion rather than a buggy mess.

I know it sucks, and really they should have realized that it wasnt ready sooner, but the fact that they pulled the emergency plug just days before means they tried their hardest to get it out with 1.2 but it just didnt work out i guess.
Its still hugely dissapointing but i dont really think it will affect subs in any meaningful way , hardcore PVP'ers represent a small portion of the community, most will just be happy with the new WZ and have no problem waiting a month (even if they are dissapointed) to see a better more polished and less buggy ranking system.


I honestly disagree. There was basically no PTS feedback for ranked warzones, because - to my knowledge - prefered to transfer PvE guilds over. Also the feedback threads for ranked warzones didnt mention any bugs (iirc) - just "well almost no warzone opened, when it did open the rank adjusted accordingly".

The big problem though (imho) is: server population.
Everyone on low-medium server would have a hard time for queuing for ranked warzones. My server (standard-heavy, but PvE) would probably field 4 8man teams. Add some random guys, small groups for maybe 3-4 more teams.
That's just not enough for a good ranked system. I think only servers like Fatman would be able to have a good competition.
So I say ranked warzones will not happen until we have crossserver warzones. (since I doubt they will merge servers looking at their "30 days for free for everyone!" promotion now).
Maybe I'm just too pessimistic now.

But since you mentioned PvE, did your guild do the new operation already? How is it compared to the old ones?
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
April 12 2012 23:40 GMT
#4563
I don't see anyone mentioning this, but along with patch 1.2:

-anyone who's subbed as of today gets a free pet
-anyone who's subbed as of today and has a level 50 char gets a free month
-anyone who has unsubbed gets 7 free days

All I can say is, they really, really don't want to merge those servers, eh.
I will eat you alive
Vessel
Profile Joined June 2010
United States214 Posts
April 13 2012 01:18 GMT
#4564
On April 13 2012 08:40 FieryBalrog wrote:
I don't see anyone mentioning this, but along with patch 1.2:

-anyone who's subbed as of today gets a free pet
-anyone who's subbed as of today and has a level 50 char gets a free month
-anyone who has unsubbed gets 7 free days

All I can say is, they really, really don't want to merge those servers, eh.



lol 7 free days for unsubbed peeps. not nearly enough to make me wanna come back.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 01:31:21
April 13 2012 01:19 GMT
#4565
On April 13 2012 08:40 FieryBalrog wrote:
I don't see anyone mentioning this, but along with patch 1.2:

-anyone who's subbed as of today gets a free pet
-anyone who's subbed as of today and has a level 50 char gets a free month
-anyone who has unsubbed gets 7 free days

All I can say is, they really, really don't want to merge those servers, eh.


Wait are you serious? So that means I get a free month since I have a 50? :D

Badass just got the e-mail telling me a free 30 days balling ^_^
When I think of something else, something will go here
justinpal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3810 Posts
April 13 2012 02:14 GMT
#4566
On April 13 2012 10:19 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 08:40 FieryBalrog wrote:
I don't see anyone mentioning this, but along with patch 1.2:

-anyone who's subbed as of today gets a free pet
-anyone who's subbed as of today and has a level 50 char gets a free month
-anyone who has unsubbed gets 7 free days

All I can say is, they really, really don't want to merge those servers, eh.


Wait are you serious? So that means I get a free month since I have a 50? :D

Badass just got the e-mail telling me a free 30 days balling ^_^


Lol, I'll be unsubbed in 7 days. I told them in the feedback that I was kind of sick of doing nothing, but PvP and that 1.2 is about 1 month too late. I think this is their attempt to keep current subscribers, while we wait the extra month for 1.2. I'm sorry to say, but unless they are adding more content then I can imagine I can't see myself staying after the free 30 days.
Never make a hydralisk.
Corinthos *
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Canada1842 Posts
April 13 2012 02:24 GMT
#4567
hmmm... the content looks good. i'm tempted to hop back on as well. didn't know about this update until i saw that e-mail in my inbox as well
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
April 13 2012 23:12 GMT
#4568
I get sad when I see the recent events. They seem so desperate! Poor people
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
April 15 2012 16:59 GMT
#4569
The game plays a lot better now after 1.2 was deployed. It's still impossible to find people for flashpoints though, and BioWare has announced that they will NOT implement a cross-server group tool, so I will definitely not subscribe anymore.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Thingdo
Profile Joined August 2009
United States186 Posts
April 15 2012 21:35 GMT
#4570
How many subscribers are there with top level characters? At 15 dollars a month giving all of them a free month could actually be a ton of money. Sounds like they really want people to try out the new patch.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
April 15 2012 21:44 GMT
#4571
How do I activate my free 7 days?
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
Calm
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada380 Posts
April 15 2012 21:54 GMT
#4572
They launched some weird event today. Rakghoul plague spreading to Tatooine. Spent all morning doing the quests, it was awesome! Ended up with a little rakghoul pet. Stuff like this is awesome, will definitely keep people playing! Hopefully there's more in the near future.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 15 2012 22:13 GMT
#4573
Been raiding in the new raid on hardmode tonight, and I'm glad to see it's a decent step up in difficulty over the laughable first tier, it might even keep me interested for the time being. Unfortunately I was forced into tanking tonight (I'm not a fan of tanking in SWTOR) instead of DPS so I got an excrutiating night of mechanics that really don't favour tanks (debuffs that force tank swaps lasting 12 seconds longer than when you swap = lots of deaths).

It's a good raid, and I still think SWTOR is a perfectly good game. Its only trouble is it's not AS good as the games it is effectively cloning. WoW and Rift have better raiding, and EVERYONE has better pvp. I got a free month though so I'll hang around til GW2 most likely.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-16 02:47:09
April 16 2012 00:11 GMT
#4574
On April 13 2012 08:40 FieryBalrog wrote:
I don't see anyone mentioning this, but along with patch 1.2:

-anyone who's subbed as of today gets a free pet
-anyone who's subbed as of today and has a level 50 char gets a free month
-anyone who has unsubbed gets 7 free days

All I can say is, they really, really don't want to merge those servers, eh.

Wow, to me this just screams 'desperate'. But oh well, 7 free days? I might give it a go...
Moderator
Bokchoy
Profile Joined June 2011
55 Posts
April 16 2012 00:24 GMT
#4575
anyone can send me a trial invite please?
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
April 17 2012 05:32 GMT
#4576
Did anyone else do the new tatooine missions? I really liked this thing, and hope they will do more! It's 3 missions and 3 new world bosses. We were about 20 people doing world bosses yesterday, it was awesome!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
April 17 2012 16:59 GMT
#4577
On April 17 2012 14:32 Arnstein wrote:
Did anyone else do the new tatooine missions? I really liked this thing, and hope they will do more! It's 3 missions and 3 new world bosses. We were about 20 people doing world bosses yesterday, it was awesome!


It seems like they add a new daily quest everyday for the Containment Custom gear.
And yes, lots of open world pvp
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
April 17 2012 18:36 GMT
#4578
New daily? I've only done 3 on Tatooine! Need to subscribe again :O
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
April 18 2012 00:55 GMT
#4579
On April 18 2012 03:36 Arnstein wrote:
New daily? I've only done 3 on Tatooine! Need to subscribe again :O


It's a world event.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 18 2012 01:03 GMT
#4580


Our first kill of the first boss of the new raid, on hardmode. The POV is from one of our Powertech DPS, you see me on Lord Pylons doing Body Type 4 somersaults while tanking

I actually quite like the new raid. It IS a step up in difficulty (finally), and the fights on hardmode seem to be a lot based on execution.

We actually kept wiping on this fight for a full night before getting it the next day because our DPS was too much. We originally ran 4 healers (so an extra DPS) and were hitting those bossjump phase changes too early, meaning we couldn't get the boss you see melee on hit by a big rock (you wipe if you don't). We actually mess it up in this video (yellow circle turns purple, boss needs to be in that purple circle) by pushing 30% too fast.

Fun fight though, not that my repair bills on this one think so Siege tanks hardmode video should be up soon too!
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Prev 1 227 228 229 230 231 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 563
GuemChi 439
Leta 354
sSak 42
sorry 33
Bale 31
Soma 31
910 21
BeSt 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
[ Show more ]
Noble 12
Dota 2
febbydoto12
League of Legends
JimRising 542
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss446
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g8386
ceh9469
olofmeister458
Happy345
Trikslyr22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast36
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2230
League of Legends
• Stunt449
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 30m
Patches Events
8h 30m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.