• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:02
CEST 01:02
KST 08:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9427 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 220

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 218 219 220 221 222 248 Next
RoyGBiv_13
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1275 Posts
February 13 2012 21:59 GMT
#4381
On February 14 2012 04:24 Arnstein wrote:
How can I get good equipment fast? I just realised that at level 50 you have to play A LOT to be at top with gear. I can only play 1 hour a day, which means that I will have to wait for months before I get OK equipment for PvP, and by then people will have the best gear possible(or at least much better than me). Is there a solution to this? I don't want to unsubscribe, but I don't want to just get crushed on Ilum missions and PvP either, it's too boring.

I got fully geared in T2 quality stuff ( a mix of pvp, pve, and crafted) in about 2 weeks of casually doing HM's and dailies. Just play for fun with your friends and youll find penty of gear.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
February 13 2012 22:30 GMT
#4382
When was this? Because earlier you would get champion stuff about 8 out of 12 bags, but now it's more like 8 out of 100 bags. I can't do operations, as I can only play one hour a day, so it will just be PvP daily/dailies(don't know how long open world PvP on Ilum takes)
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
February 13 2012 22:49 GMT
#4383
you get T2 stuff from hardmode flashpoints... they take between 30min and 1h
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
February 14 2012 07:48 GMT
#4384
Is it hard to find people for hm flashpoints? I'm the only one in my guiød that's level 50:p
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
justinpal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3810 Posts
February 14 2012 08:06 GMT
#4385
On February 14 2012 16:48 Arnstein wrote:
Is it hard to find people for hm flashpoints? I'm the only one in my guiød that's level 50:p


It depends on your server and faction. Everyone seems to have varying degrees of difficulty finding a group. You should be able to tell very quickly whether you'll have a hard time or not by looking at the general chat in your factions fleet.
Never make a hydralisk.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
February 14 2012 09:26 GMT
#4386
On February 14 2012 07:49 Enox wrote:
you get T2 stuff from hardmode flashpoints... they take between 30min and 1h

From what I've read, the absolute easiest way to get good gear is just deck yourself out in whatever Custom items you like the look of and fill all the slots with Artifact mods. The gear will be on par with non-mastercrafted Artifacts.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 09:41:04
February 14 2012 09:38 GMT
#4387
Gear level 126 stuff is extremely easy to get via Centurion/Tionese tokens from PvP or PvE respectively, as well as from the daily quests on Ilum and Belsavis (awards are armoring/mods/enhancements for your orange gear). Also, don't underestimate the GTN - I picked up a pair of epic lvl 49 implants for 80k on my Mara that will serve me well for a long, long time.

136 is what you want to be wearing, it's either the Champion PvP set which will require you to at least do some dailies/weeklies for the Champion bags (and either a lot of luck or a decent amount of patience), or the Columni PvE set which drops from HM Flashpoints or normal operations (it can also be bought via Columni commendations, but those take a long time to build up).

Final tier is 140, I wouldn't bother with that if you only have an hour a day (HM Ops for PvE and Valor rank 60+ before you can get the PvP stuff).
OPman
Profile Joined December 2010
United States131 Posts
February 14 2012 11:53 GMT
#4388
Nightmare Mode's WHY YOU NO GIVE BETTER LOOT
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
February 14 2012 15:44 GMT
#4389
I just got Battle of Ilum to do now of the official missions! (there's no more after that on smuggler story, right?)
Is it fun? Is it hard? I love flashpoints :D
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
February 14 2012 16:23 GMT
#4390
Heh, no idea. I haven't done it yet
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 23:34:36
February 14 2012 23:34 GMT
#4391
On February 14 2012 07:30 Arnstein wrote:
When was this? Because earlier you would get champion stuff about 8 out of 12 bags, but now it's more like 8 out of 100 bags. I can't do operations, as I can only play one hour a day, so it will just be PvP daily/dailies(don't know how long open world PvP on Ilum takes)


The old drop rate was 1 in 5 bags, NOT 3 out of 4 bags (8/12). It's all about Champion commendations now so you get to choose what pieces you want instead of having 5 bracers and 3 gloves drop out of 40 bags.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
February 14 2012 23:41 GMT
#4392
On February 14 2012 04:24 Arnstein wrote:
How can I get good equipment fast? I just realised that at level 50 you have to play A LOT to be at top with gear. I can only play 1 hour a day, which means that I will have to wait for months before I get OK equipment for PvP, and by then people will have the best gear possible(or at least much better than me). Is there a solution to this? I don't want to unsubscribe, but I don't want to just get crushed on Ilum missions and PvP either, it's too boring.


If you only have an hour a day, you'll have to just gradually build up your gear. There's an excellent guide here for PvE gearing at 50:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176836

Basically:
* Ilum and Belsavis PvE dailies. 5 days worth of them gets you a best in slot Rakata earpiece or implant (total of 3 pieces). You also get epic enhancement, armoring, and mods from the heroic dailies. You also make like 200k from doing them all.

* Get the daily and weekly from the Support area in the Fleet for running HMs. There will be plenty of upgrades in gear to drop there as well as tionese and columi commendations to save up towards Tier Set pieces.

* Get the daily and weekly from the Combat area in the Fleet for winning Warzones.

* Buy stuff from the GTN or craft stuff with your crew skills.

If you're really stuck on time, I don't recommend going to Ilum for the PvP dailies. You'll waste a lot of time, be bored, and not get decent rewards for it. Ilum is more a jump in when there's actually a non-base-camping battle going on and get out when it's quiet thing.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
multiversed
Profile Joined December 2010
United States233 Posts
February 15 2012 04:22 GMT
#4393
i quit at 59 valor right before my first month mainly because i discovered at least 3 entirely game breaking bugs that made me feel the pvp couldn't sustain a high level community. two of these are exploits. the third are hacks.

do not ask me how to do any of these, i may not even know, not that i would tell you...

diablo2 style weapon dual weilding of companions weapons inside warzones effectively doubling your damage. if you already do 300k, this can be ridiculous to the point of hilarity... some players use it every game... you can only see your teammates doing it at the start of a WZ if you are inspecting them. you will see their compainion's weapons equip then disappear when followed by their own weapon being re-equiped. (also note that you don't have to be able to equip the item to get the stats. a sentinal can dual weild a dualsaber and a focus on top of two sabers...)

noclip exploiting into the turrets on alderaan. some players still know how get into the turrets and non-targetable area. they are not hacking. i've seen it happen. they can then disrupt any cap without being targeted. if they make a small mistake they can be leaped on but usually they can just deal out damage without being hit...

speedhacking/noclip. pretty obvious. both are hacks. this is how the dude got the white crystal out of unreachable space and what he was banned for. (like the whiterooms from mxo) i don't even know if these can be fixed. the way they address bans and the lack there of scares the shit out of me. it seems like this is low priority and they are hidding it rather than working to fix it.

game can't be played seriously until these are addressed.
Team Liquid is the used the tampon of the starcraft community.
brokor
Profile Joined June 2011
Greece235 Posts
February 15 2012 10:17 GMT
#4394
Well atleast the fixed the voidstar exploit. that's a good start
Winter is Coming
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
February 15 2012 12:22 GMT
#4395
MMORPG PvP will never be balanced as long as there are gear difference. It would be as if you could farm workers in SC2 so that you start with extra workers after you have played enough matches etc.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Cuddle
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1345 Posts
February 15 2012 14:32 GMT
#4396
So I finally cracked and bought the game.

I've been looking for a game with a great story and the prospect of being able to play a couple of alts with different stories (especially if I switch factions) was alluring. I played WoW from beta to WotLK so the concept of another hotkey-masher MMO kept me from TOR for a while. After playing through KOTOR1 and reading up on KOTOR2's story (which I just cant seem to find a game copy of anywhere) I decided I wanted more SW story driven games.

I'm level 12 Sentinel (it took me 2 levels and 2 hours of looking for a light-saber vendor before I realized I had a offhand weapon in a lockbox in my inventory, silly me) and I've had a blast so far. I only have 1-2h a day to spend and I treat the game as a single player game with a dash of multiplayer for the heroic areas. The story isn't awesome, yet, but I've arrived at Courscent and I expect things to pick up.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of abilities I have at my disposal so early, and I'm not sure I understand when/how to use them all. Also, the talent tree has me confused. At least in WoW, it was clear what role each tree was for, in TOR I'm just lost. Any suggestions/explanations to the 3 talent trees for Sentinels would be much appreciated.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
February 15 2012 18:59 GMT
#4397
If anyone wanna join Battle of Ilum tonight or tomorrow on Bloodworthy, PM me
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
February 15 2012 19:15 GMT
#4398
On February 15 2012 23:32 Cuddle wrote:
So I finally cracked and bought the game.

I've been looking for a game with a great story and the prospect of being able to play a couple of alts with different stories (especially if I switch factions) was alluring. I played WoW from beta to WotLK so the concept of another hotkey-masher MMO kept me from TOR for a while. After playing through KOTOR1 and reading up on KOTOR2's story (which I just cant seem to find a game copy of anywhere) I decided I wanted more SW story driven games.

I'm level 12 Sentinel (it took me 2 levels and 2 hours of looking for a light-saber vendor before I realized I had a offhand weapon in a lockbox in my inventory, silly me) and I've had a blast so far. I only have 1-2h a day to spend and I treat the game as a single player game with a dash of multiplayer for the heroic areas. The story isn't awesome, yet, but I've arrived at Courscent and I expect things to pick up.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of abilities I have at my disposal so early, and I'm not sure I understand when/how to use them all. Also, the talent tree has me confused. At least in WoW, it was clear what role each tree was for, in TOR I'm just lost. Any suggestions/explanations to the 3 talent trees for Sentinels would be much appreciated.


Not sure if you've heard this before, but the Sentinel is arguably the most difficult/frustrating class to play. That said, I dare say it's the most rewarding as well - if you want to level frustration-free I highly suggest 2 things; make sure you are AT LEAST 1 level higher than the content you're doing. I'd recommend even more (or in other words - complete all the solo quests/chains on your current planet, even bonus series if you can, before moving on) and second, keep your healing companion geared up - that way, even if you don't like using him for most content, you'll be able to do the harder stuff with little or no problems.

The number of abilities is huge, yes. That never get's better - Sentinels use the most abilities afaik. I highly recommend the Watchman tree (the DoT tree) for everything (PvP, PvE, soloing). It gives you great damage, self and group healing and amazing utility. The second tree (Combat I think) is basically a glass cannon - you can get huge numbers and burst, but survivability and utility aren't as good as Watchman. Focus only comes into it's own after level 40, when you get the final talent - it's based around boosting your sweep damage and can yield huge AoE burst, but only about every 20 secs or so.

Oh and lastly... you know that one minute cooldown damage reduction skill you have? From my experience I'd say that's the single most important ability for soloing with this class. Learn to use it well and you should have no problems.
kierpanda
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States757 Posts
February 15 2012 20:34 GMT
#4399
Anyone have any ideas which build is solid for a sniper in PVP?
I'm spec'd in a hybrid MM/Engineering build right now. This is based off a PvE DPS build.
I cook things! :3 | Twitter: @kierpanda | www.eatgamelive.com
Cuddle
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1345 Posts
February 15 2012 20:51 GMT
#4400
On February 16 2012 04:15 RyN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 23:32 Cuddle wrote:
So I finally cracked and bought the game.

I've been looking for a game with a great story and the prospect of being able to play a couple of alts with different stories (especially if I switch factions) was alluring. I played WoW from beta to WotLK so the concept of another hotkey-masher MMO kept me from TOR for a while. After playing through KOTOR1 and reading up on KOTOR2's story (which I just cant seem to find a game copy of anywhere) I decided I wanted more SW story driven games.

I'm level 12 Sentinel (it took me 2 levels and 2 hours of looking for a light-saber vendor before I realized I had a offhand weapon in a lockbox in my inventory, silly me) and I've had a blast so far. I only have 1-2h a day to spend and I treat the game as a single player game with a dash of multiplayer for the heroic areas. The story isn't awesome, yet, but I've arrived at Courscent and I expect things to pick up.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of abilities I have at my disposal so early, and I'm not sure I understand when/how to use them all. Also, the talent tree has me confused. At least in WoW, it was clear what role each tree was for, in TOR I'm just lost. Any suggestions/explanations to the 3 talent trees for Sentinels would be much appreciated.


Not sure if you've heard this before, but the Sentinel is arguably the most difficult/frustrating class to play. That said, I dare say it's the most rewarding as well - if you want to level frustration-free I highly suggest 2 things; make sure you are AT LEAST 1 level higher than the content you're doing. I'd recommend even more (or in other words - complete all the solo quests/chains on your current planet, even bonus series if you can, before moving on) and second, keep your healing companion geared up - that way, even if you don't like using him for most content, you'll be able to do the harder stuff with little or no problems.

The number of abilities is huge, yes. That never get's better - Sentinels use the most abilities afaik. I highly recommend the Watchman tree (the DoT tree) for everything (PvP, PvE, soloing). It gives you great damage, self and group healing and amazing utility. The second tree (Combat I think) is basically a glass cannon - you can get huge numbers and burst, but survivability and utility aren't as good as Watchman. Focus only comes into it's own after level 40, when you get the final talent - it's based around boosting your sweep damage and can yield huge AoE burst, but only about every 20 secs or so.

Oh and lastly... you know that one minute cooldown damage reduction skill you have? From my experience I'd say that's the single most important ability for soloing with this class. Learn to use it well and you should have no problems.


Thanks! I tend to do all the quests I can find, is there any other way of staying ahead? Does PvP award exp?

Something that came up today: Many quests offers commendation badges or green items, should I go for item or badge? I found the badge vendor today and it looks like there are some nice things to buy there but the greens are almost always an upgrade.
Prev 1 218 219 220 221 222 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings5
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech163
Nina 143
ViBE112
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14621
Artosis 563
PianO 22
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever539
canceldota132
NeuroSwarm123
League of Legends
Doublelift3927
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe48
PPMD40
Other Games
summit1g5795
FrodaN976
shahzam527
C9.Mang0310
Mew2King23
Day[9].tv0
Maynarde0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• RyuSc2 34
• Response 1
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1166
• Shiphtur488
• Day9tv0
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 58m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.