• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:44
CEST 17:44
KST 00:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10160 users

Are you interested in Stormgate and/or ZeroSpace? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
February 27 2024 11:11 GMT
#61
On February 27 2024 10:50 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2024 09:55 WombaT wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:14 WGT-Baal wrote:
Actually I was happy to try and contribute during the alpha and also got to get back in touch with a few old school folks like Arew and wcg friends also like parting, but come beta my interest dipped hard as few changes were implemented and the biggest change was the internal macro mechanics which I hate.

So I will likely never play or watch it again.

So yes i like RTS but it doesn't mean i like all of them or should play all of them. SG feels like a UMS of sc2 to me, with a better netcode. I don't even play sc2 since lotv beta anyway, i guess i m a bw diehard.
I think i like a good story, so i liked bw and war3, even solo. Sc2 wol was ok in format with the mission on the ship, if not always in content. But it went downhill and lotv was just ridiculous. SG I have zero interest in the lore, it s just bland.
If i have time and motivation to play a newer rts it will probably be homeworld 3. Otherwise there are other genres anyway~

What I find a bit annoying in the communication and in most threads though is the pervasive idea that sc/war3 players are automatically going to play or try it just because some devs are the same or some variation of "wr oughta try it" and it irks me.
Make a good game, and then i ll play it, other people who don't play rts now might play it too if it's fun.

I had never tried a flight sim and got hooked by a friend a few years back and now i have thousand of hours in ED and mfs2020, and starting dcs now. Rts are no different, make it fun to play with friends and to watch too and people will join. SG doesn't seem there and keeps targeting the wrong demographic.

If we like war3/sc2/bw and still play it after a decade+ we re not gonna switch unless you release a masterpiece that feels original


I wonder what the next big evolution of the genre will actually look like.

I’ve long dreamed of like some kind of proper big scale, persistent MMORTS, be it PvE or PvP focused, that’d be bloody cool.

I know some devs have dabbled, but if somebody properly nailed it it’d be a sick game. Play with your bros/broettes over some large theatre or war or campaign where you’re all merely generals in some wider war effort.


I have no idea what it was called, but back in the early 2000s there was some kind of MMORTS (very, very indie).
Kind of small scale in terms of units per side I wanna say. I barely played it (either couldn't get it to work or it cost money that young me didn't have maybe), so my recollection is really limited.

There were seasons, and a persistent like area control thing, with clans battling for them. I wanna say you had a really low unit count, maybe a hero unit of some sort. It was mega indie and didn't last all that long.

I think there were creeps a la WC3?

I only played it really, really briefly just before the game died.

That does sound pretty conceptually cool at least. But execution of the coolest ideas is bloody difficult. Star Citizen springs to mind, or I remember like 15+ years ago playing World War 2 online which was like a persistent environment on like a half/quarter scale of Europe. Be infantry, be part of an aircraft or a tank crew. Great when it worked, which it often didn’t.

Good to see you’re still floating around TL man!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-27 15:43:45
February 27 2024 15:43 GMT
#62
There were also Savage and Savage 2. Quite innovative games that mixed MOBA, RTS and RPG elements. Basically most players took on a role of MOBA heroes and played them FPP/TPP on the ground, leveled up etc. and one player took on the role of commander and had top-down RTS view, workers to control, bases to build and provide buffs to the other players. Pretty neat concept and it was highly competitive but didn't have very big player base.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1963 Posts
February 27 2024 19:27 GMT
#63
On February 21 2024 19:14 Vindicare605 wrote:
I was interested in Stormgate. Until I played it. Maybe I'll be interested in it again sometime, but I don't want to get my hopes up.


Ya, same, don't really see the appeal for myself right now, but I also didn't like some of the more recent shenanigans regarding their additional funding.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
February 27 2024 19:45 GMT
#64
I don't think its about doing things differently or even things sounding cool on paper. I think what matters for an RTS to be truly popular is (a) you can identify a large enough playerbaser that you believe you can attract. (b) you can within a few minutes of gameplay/highlights make them be wow'ed and hooked to try out the game.

If you cannot do that, your RTS has no potential.

So Stormgate's problems are very severe. Not only is it struggling to WOW the core RTS fanbase. But that group isn't even to big. When we expand it slightly to a wider audience, there is 0 interest. Why would anyone be excited about some dogs attacking workers on a mineral line?
KingzTig
Profile Joined February 2024
155 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-27 22:42:37
February 27 2024 22:41 GMT
#65
On February 27 2024 03:36 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2024 22:53 KingzTig wrote:
On February 26 2024 11:43 Manit0u wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:55 WombaT wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:14 WGT-Baal wrote:
Actually I was happy to try and contribute during the alpha and also got to get back in touch with a few old school folks like Arew and wcg friends also like parting, but come beta my interest dipped hard as few changes were implemented and the biggest change was the internal macro mechanics which I hate.

So I will likely never play or watch it again.

So yes i like RTS but it doesn't mean i like all of them or should play all of them. SG feels like a UMS of sc2 to me, with a better netcode. I don't even play sc2 since lotv beta anyway, i guess i m a bw diehard.
I think i like a good story, so i liked bw and war3, even solo. Sc2 wol was ok in format with the mission on the ship, if not always in content. But it went downhill and lotv was just ridiculous. SG I have zero interest in the lore, it s just bland.
If i have time and motivation to play a newer rts it will probably be homeworld 3. Otherwise there are other genres anyway~

What I find a bit annoying in the communication and in most threads though is the pervasive idea that sc/war3 players are automatically going to play or try it just because some devs are the same or some variation of "wr oughta try it" and it irks me.
Make a good game, and then i ll play it, other people who don't play rts now might play it too if it's fun.

I had never tried a flight sim and got hooked by a friend a few years back and now i have thousand of hours in ED and mfs2020, and starting dcs now. Rts are no different, make it fun to play with friends and to watch too and people will join. SG doesn't seem there and keeps targeting the wrong demographic.

If we like war3/sc2/bw and still play it after a decade+ we re not gonna switch unless you release a masterpiece that feels original


I wonder what the next big evolution of the genre will actually look like.

I’ve long dreamed of like some kind of proper big scale, persistent MMORTS, be it PvE or PvP focused, that’d be bloody cool.

I know some devs have dabbled, but if somebody properly nailed it it’d be a sick game. Play with your bros/broettes over some large theatre or war or campaign where you’re all merely generals in some wider war effort.


I don't think we really need some big evolution. RTS is a rather specific genre that caters to a specific crowd. IMO there is no real need for some huge innovations that would change the landscape completely. What people need is just a solid RTS with good fundamentals. Then you can innovate by adding awesome single player campaign/story (this is important to also attract more casual people instead of targeting just hardcore competitive crows), sprinkle in some cool mechanics and factions and you're all good.

I have given up hope on it.

I think there's too much baggage with RTS, kind of like fighter genre facing the same issue.

Command cards, lots of info dump, long game length. MOBA is even more complex but many grew up with it and sticked around like how RTS was for us, and doesn’t even need a campaign.

For all the talks about beginner friendly, look at stormgate, which part of it really was more beginner friendly than SC2?

They're pushing a lot of QoL and noob-friendly features, automatic hotkeys, quick build, supply blocks being much easier to fix, using 1234 and QWER keys similar to mobas and fps games. And there's a much higher time to kill than SC2, nothing one-shots in the game for example. I think they also mentioned implementing in-game guides. For a beginner it's definitely more friendly than SC2.

But all that is just for 1v1. The real factor for getting new players is coop. It was the most played game mode in sc2, even more so when the game got attention with f2p. People love coop games. I've met quite a few people irl who played sc2 coop but would never touch ladder. Coop is gonna be Stormgate's flagship gamemode despite most of the vocal community being 1v1 diehards.

Having 3v3 as a serious game mode with heroes and new win conditions could work out great as well. More like a moba but with armies.

I had a coop mode with my girlfriend and she found it even more confusing because of the auto hotkeys.
She plays SC2 against normal AI and perfectly happy with grid hotkey.

Coop will definitely be cool, but what the beta had was just extremely barebone.

She's actually far more interested to play Godsworn (which we loved) than stormgate. slower kill time, hero unit, beautiful graphic design and music, and a fairly simple mechanics.
Comedy
Profile Joined March 2016
469 Posts
February 27 2024 22:49 GMT
#66
One of them might become a fun esport to watch. I have grown to like SC2 over the years, and now I watch the big tournaments. I'll probably always prefer playing brood war myself though.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-28 08:15:01
February 28 2024 08:14 GMT
#67
On February 28 2024 07:41 KingzTig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2024 03:36 Fango wrote:
On February 26 2024 22:53 KingzTig wrote:
On February 26 2024 11:43 Manit0u wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:55 WombaT wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:14 WGT-Baal wrote:
Actually I was happy to try and contribute during the alpha and also got to get back in touch with a few old school folks like Arew and wcg friends also like parting, but come beta my interest dipped hard as few changes were implemented and the biggest change was the internal macro mechanics which I hate.

So I will likely never play or watch it again.

So yes i like RTS but it doesn't mean i like all of them or should play all of them. SG feels like a UMS of sc2 to me, with a better netcode. I don't even play sc2 since lotv beta anyway, i guess i m a bw diehard.
I think i like a good story, so i liked bw and war3, even solo. Sc2 wol was ok in format with the mission on the ship, if not always in content. But it went downhill and lotv was just ridiculous. SG I have zero interest in the lore, it s just bland.
If i have time and motivation to play a newer rts it will probably be homeworld 3. Otherwise there are other genres anyway~

What I find a bit annoying in the communication and in most threads though is the pervasive idea that sc/war3 players are automatically going to play or try it just because some devs are the same or some variation of "wr oughta try it" and it irks me.
Make a good game, and then i ll play it, other people who don't play rts now might play it too if it's fun.

I had never tried a flight sim and got hooked by a friend a few years back and now i have thousand of hours in ED and mfs2020, and starting dcs now. Rts are no different, make it fun to play with friends and to watch too and people will join. SG doesn't seem there and keeps targeting the wrong demographic.

If we like war3/sc2/bw and still play it after a decade+ we re not gonna switch unless you release a masterpiece that feels original


I wonder what the next big evolution of the genre will actually look like.

I’ve long dreamed of like some kind of proper big scale, persistent MMORTS, be it PvE or PvP focused, that’d be bloody cool.

I know some devs have dabbled, but if somebody properly nailed it it’d be a sick game. Play with your bros/broettes over some large theatre or war or campaign where you’re all merely generals in some wider war effort.


I don't think we really need some big evolution. RTS is a rather specific genre that caters to a specific crowd. IMO there is no real need for some huge innovations that would change the landscape completely. What people need is just a solid RTS with good fundamentals. Then you can innovate by adding awesome single player campaign/story (this is important to also attract more casual people instead of targeting just hardcore competitive crows), sprinkle in some cool mechanics and factions and you're all good.

I have given up hope on it.

I think there's too much baggage with RTS, kind of like fighter genre facing the same issue.

Command cards, lots of info dump, long game length. MOBA is even more complex but many grew up with it and sticked around like how RTS was for us, and doesn’t even need a campaign.

For all the talks about beginner friendly, look at stormgate, which part of it really was more beginner friendly than SC2?

They're pushing a lot of QoL and noob-friendly features, automatic hotkeys, quick build, supply blocks being much easier to fix, using 1234 and QWER keys similar to mobas and fps games. And there's a much higher time to kill than SC2, nothing one-shots in the game for example. I think they also mentioned implementing in-game guides. For a beginner it's definitely more friendly than SC2.

But all that is just for 1v1. The real factor for getting new players is coop. It was the most played game mode in sc2, even more so when the game got attention with f2p. People love coop games. I've met quite a few people irl who played sc2 coop but would never touch ladder. Coop is gonna be Stormgate's flagship gamemode despite most of the vocal community being 1v1 diehards.

Having 3v3 as a serious game mode with heroes and new win conditions could work out great as well. More like a moba but with armies.

I had a coop mode with my girlfriend and she found it even more confusing because of the auto hotkeys.
She plays SC2 against normal AI and perfectly happy with grid hotkey.

Coop will definitely be cool, but what the beta had was just extremely barebone.

She's actually far more interested to play Godsworn (which we loved) than stormgate. slower kill time, hero unit, beautiful graphic design and music, and a fairly simple mechanics.


The first 5-10 games playing SG were very confusing for me as well until I got somewhat used to the controls though I think it fair that a new game introduces new controls you have to learn. It is not SC2 after all and you do it with other games all the times.
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
February 28 2024 08:34 GMT
#68
On February 27 2024 12:26 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2024 10:50 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:55 WombaT wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:14 WGT-Baal wrote:
Actually I was happy to try and contribute during the alpha and also got to get back in touch with a few old school folks like Arew and wcg friends also like parting, but come beta my interest dipped hard as few changes were implemented and the biggest change was the internal macro mechanics which I hate.

So I will likely never play or watch it again.

So yes i like RTS but it doesn't mean i like all of them or should play all of them. SG feels like a UMS of sc2 to me, with a better netcode. I don't even play sc2 since lotv beta anyway, i guess i m a bw diehard.
I think i like a good story, so i liked bw and war3, even solo. Sc2 wol was ok in format with the mission on the ship, if not always in content. But it went downhill and lotv was just ridiculous. SG I have zero interest in the lore, it s just bland.
If i have time and motivation to play a newer rts it will probably be homeworld 3. Otherwise there are other genres anyway~

What I find a bit annoying in the communication and in most threads though is the pervasive idea that sc/war3 players are automatically going to play or try it just because some devs are the same or some variation of "wr oughta try it" and it irks me.
Make a good game, and then i ll play it, other people who don't play rts now might play it too if it's fun.

I had never tried a flight sim and got hooked by a friend a few years back and now i have thousand of hours in ED and mfs2020, and starting dcs now. Rts are no different, make it fun to play with friends and to watch too and people will join. SG doesn't seem there and keeps targeting the wrong demographic.

If we like war3/sc2/bw and still play it after a decade+ we re not gonna switch unless you release a masterpiece that feels original


I wonder what the next big evolution of the genre will actually look like.

I’ve long dreamed of like some kind of proper big scale, persistent MMORTS, be it PvE or PvP focused, that’d be bloody cool.

I know some devs have dabbled, but if somebody properly nailed it it’d be a sick game. Play with your bros/broettes over some large theatre or war or campaign where you’re all merely generals in some wider war effort.


I have no idea what it was called, but back in the early 2000s there was some kind of MMORTS (very, very indie).
Kind of small scale in terms of units per side I wanna say. I barely played it (either couldn't get it to work or it cost money that young me didn't have maybe), so my recollection is really limited.

There were seasons, and a persistent like area control thing, with clans battling for them. I wanna say you had a really low unit count, maybe a hero unit of some sort. It was mega indie and didn't last all that long.

I think there were creeps a la WC3?

I only played it really, really briefly just before the game died.


Shattered Galaxy?

Yeah looks like it, damn you have a good memory. Nexon is a lot less indie than what I remembered, but I guess it was their early days.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
February 28 2024 08:39 GMT
#69
On February 27 2024 20:11 WombaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2024 10:50 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:55 WombaT wrote:
On February 26 2024 09:14 WGT-Baal wrote:
Actually I was happy to try and contribute during the alpha and also got to get back in touch with a few old school folks like Arew and wcg friends also like parting, but come beta my interest dipped hard as few changes were implemented and the biggest change was the internal macro mechanics which I hate.

So I will likely never play or watch it again.

So yes i like RTS but it doesn't mean i like all of them or should play all of them. SG feels like a UMS of sc2 to me, with a better netcode. I don't even play sc2 since lotv beta anyway, i guess i m a bw diehard.
I think i like a good story, so i liked bw and war3, even solo. Sc2 wol was ok in format with the mission on the ship, if not always in content. But it went downhill and lotv was just ridiculous. SG I have zero interest in the lore, it s just bland.
If i have time and motivation to play a newer rts it will probably be homeworld 3. Otherwise there are other genres anyway~

What I find a bit annoying in the communication and in most threads though is the pervasive idea that sc/war3 players are automatically going to play or try it just because some devs are the same or some variation of "wr oughta try it" and it irks me.
Make a good game, and then i ll play it, other people who don't play rts now might play it too if it's fun.

I had never tried a flight sim and got hooked by a friend a few years back and now i have thousand of hours in ED and mfs2020, and starting dcs now. Rts are no different, make it fun to play with friends and to watch too and people will join. SG doesn't seem there and keeps targeting the wrong demographic.

If we like war3/sc2/bw and still play it after a decade+ we re not gonna switch unless you release a masterpiece that feels original


I wonder what the next big evolution of the genre will actually look like.

I’ve long dreamed of like some kind of proper big scale, persistent MMORTS, be it PvE or PvP focused, that’d be bloody cool.

I know some devs have dabbled, but if somebody properly nailed it it’d be a sick game. Play with your bros/broettes over some large theatre or war or campaign where you’re all merely generals in some wider war effort.


I have no idea what it was called, but back in the early 2000s there was some kind of MMORTS (very, very indie).
Kind of small scale in terms of units per side I wanna say. I barely played it (either couldn't get it to work or it cost money that young me didn't have maybe), so my recollection is really limited.

There were seasons, and a persistent like area control thing, with clans battling for them. I wanna say you had a really low unit count, maybe a hero unit of some sort. It was mega indie and didn't last all that long.

I think there were creeps a la WC3?

I only played it really, really briefly just before the game died.

That does sound pretty conceptually cool at least. But execution of the coolest ideas is bloody difficult. Star Citizen springs to mind, or I remember like 15+ years ago playing World War 2 online which was like a persistent environment on like a half/quarter scale of Europe. Be infantry, be part of an aircraft or a tank crew. Great when it worked, which it often didn’t.

Good to see you’re still floating around TL man!

Very rarely, but pop in every now and then
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17915 Posts
February 28 2024 16:15 GMT
#70
A great look at the RTS genre in 2024. I felt it sorta fits in here given the convo the last couple of pages.


I like Grubby because he can relate to top pros and people who can only play games a few hours a week. The guy can view things at a macro level, a micro level, and he is also street smart. So I highly recommend looking at this video.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 01 2024 00:55 GMT
#71
Yeah, Grubby's content has been great on his talk channel. Feels quite unbiased, not afraid to critique but also clearly trying to be positive and open minded.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
nforce
Profile Joined March 2010
Bulgaria116 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-01 13:09:17
March 01 2024 13:07 GMT
#72
I am skeptical as the things I've seen in StormGate haven't wowed me but they've renewed my interest in RTS. I stopped playing SC2 at the end of WoL I believe and getting back into StarCraft is a monumental task so I will definitely give this a go instead when it is in Early Access. I will not be paying $40 to enter a beta for a free to play game, however. I feel like this is too big of a hurdle for many people to give it a shot early on and get the buzz and feedback going ASAP.

The other mentioned games do not interest me at all, ZeroSpace and that other one, I forgot its name.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8711 Posts
March 01 2024 16:41 GMT
#73
On February 28 2024 00:43 Manit0u wrote:
There were also Savage and Savage 2. Quite innovative games that mixed MOBA, RTS and RPG elements. Basically most players took on a role of MOBA heroes and played them FPP/TPP on the ground, leveled up etc. and one player took on the role of commander and had top-down RTS view, workers to control, bases to build and provide buffs to the other players. Pretty neat concept and it was highly competitive but didn't have very big player base.


Yeah, Nuclear Dawn had something similar going but with FPS and a Commander. I liked it a lot but it died quickly.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
March 01 2024 17:32 GMT
#74
On March 01 2024 09:55 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Yeah, Grubby's content has been great on his talk channel. Feels quite unbiased, not afraid to critique but also clearly trying to be positive and open minded.

I’ve always been a fanboyfan anyway but I dipped from his content once he stopped focusing on WC3 stuff. Lately via this thread I’ve dipped my toes back in via links folks put here and I’m definitely impressed, I think he straddles the line between wanting x to succeed, but being skeptical better than most. Others tend to bounce between glass half full and empty in their content.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-01 22:55:04
March 01 2024 22:54 GMT
#75
are you interested in Stormgate and/or ZeroSpace?



Yes
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
March 02 2024 00:41 GMT
#76
The official Tempest Rising Twitter account hasn't posted since November, but this tweet from the lead designer has me back on the hopium that the game will actually come out and didn't get the axe (parent company has been doing a bunch of layoffs and cancelations)

AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
qwerty4w
Profile Joined January 2024
54 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-02 05:03:49
March 02 2024 01:33 GMT
#77
The Discord server of Wayward Strategy (Brandon Casteel, the lead designer of Tempest Rising) is probably one of the best places to get some in-depth discussion and latest news on the RTS genre on the internet, if your interest in the RTS games is not only limited to a specific RTS subgenre or only the most well-known franchises:

https://discord.gg/qV3MPyb

SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
March 02 2024 01:40 GMT
#78
When are we going to hear more about David Kim's RTS? Maybe that'll come out of nowhere and knock everyone's socks off...
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-03-02 05:42:52
March 02 2024 05:42 GMT
#79
On March 02 2024 09:41 Waxangel wrote:
The official Tempest Rising Twitter account hasn't posted since November, but this tweet from the lead designer has me back on the hopium that the game will actually come out and didn't get the axe (parent company has been doing a bunch of layoffs and cancelations)

https://twitter.com/waywardstrategy/status/1763669233840411021


Well, on their Steam page they did post some news in December:

Posted Fri, December 8, 2023
Shifting the Release Date - Tempest Rising
Attention Commanders,

Since we released our demo on Steam, the feedback we have received from you has been tremendous. We couldn’t be more grateful for that!

This gave our team a great opportunity to approach several aspects of the game differently and change the scope of certain features based on your comments.

We are committed to releasing Tempest Rising at the highest quality possible, including a best-in-class PvP experience. To ensure we get there, we have decided we need more time to properly tweak and polish the game. This means that Tempest Rising will not release within 2023 as we have previously announced.

We’ve got some exciting plans in the works: From playtests and beta-testing to new videos and unit spotlights, our team is working on many things you can look forward to. So stay tuned, and thank you for your passionate and dedicated support of Tempest Rising!


Game got delayed but they didn't really say by how much. From the looks of it they were pretty close to finishing but decided to give it more time after the feedback (there's a playable demo on Steam) so I would assume it won't be too long?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States2005 Posts
March 02 2024 19:14 GMT
#80
On March 02 2024 10:40 SoleSteeler wrote:
When are we going to hear more about David Kim's RTS? Maybe that'll come out of nowhere and knock everyone's socks off...

sometime this year, based on the positions they are hiring. (if I had to guess).
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 278
Codebar 42
UpATreeSC 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39221
Calm 3860
Shuttle 1768
Bisu 1642
FanTaSy 1487
Mini 1237
EffOrt 659
Rush 597
Soma 413
Light 331
[ Show more ]
actioN 299
Stork 294
Snow 260
Hyuk 259
ZerO 221
firebathero 212
Dewaltoss 108
Barracks 75
Zeus 71
hero 69
Sea.KH 53
Shinee 48
Killer 43
Pusan 40
Sharp 38
Hyun 33
ToSsGirL 30
Free 28
Bale 28
Yoon 24
Shine 20
sorry 18
HiyA 17
Aegong 16
PianO 16
yabsab 13
zelot 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8118
Dendi978
League of Legends
KnowMe42
Counter-Strike
x6flipin481
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes587
Other Games
singsing2490
hiko1633
B2W.Neo297
Beastyqt290
FrodaN261
byalli258
mouzStarbuck208
Livibee193
Liquid`VortiX180
Hui .172
RotterdaM77
Mew2King59
Trikslyr59
Rex22
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV276
League of Legends
• Nemesis2711
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 31m
Replay Cast
7h 16m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.