• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:21
CEST 19:21
KST 02:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11605 users

Are you interested in Stormgate and/or ZeroSpace?

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
TL.net Bot
Profile Joined June 2004
TL.net140 Posts
February 21 2024 05:54 GMT
#1
Discussion thread for front page poll: "Are you interested in Stormgate and/or ZeroSpace?"
Zergxhx
Profile Joined November 2020
China225 Posts
February 21 2024 05:59 GMT
#2
No,I like Beyond All Reason
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-21 10:15:17
February 21 2024 10:14 GMT
#3
I was interested in Stormgate. Until I played it. Maybe I'll be interested in it again sometime, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
February 21 2024 10:16 GMT
#4
On February 21 2024 19:14 Vindicare605 wrote:
I was interested in Stormgate. Until I played it. Maybe I'll be interested in it again sometime, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

pretty much sums it up
+1

No clue how zerospace feels, yet.
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3566 Posts
February 21 2024 12:32 GMT
#5
On February 21 2024 19:16 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2024 19:14 Vindicare605 wrote:
I was interested in Stormgate. Until I played it. Maybe I'll be interested in it again sometime, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

pretty much sums it up
+1

No clue how zerospace feels, yet.


Same here
Horang2 fan
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10963 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-21 14:41:45
February 21 2024 14:41 GMT
#6
I watched stuff (games, tournaments and so on) about both of them.

I have no clue why anyone would want to play either of these in the states they are atm? They both look, even aside from the fact they actually look like they came out ~15 years ago, plain bland.
VelRa_G
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada304 Posts
February 21 2024 19:22 GMT
#7
Stormgate, somewhat uninterested.
Zerospace, very interested

I've logged around 100 hours in both. It's no contest in terms of gameplay.
Nuda Veritas
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
February 21 2024 20:02 GMT
#8
On February 21 2024 19:16 BlueStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2024 19:14 Vindicare605 wrote:
I was interested in Stormgate. Until I played it. Maybe I'll be interested in it again sometime, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

pretty much sums it up
+1

No clue how zerospace feels, yet.


Love the look of ZeroSpace a lot more than Stormgate. I'm making the pivot for sure.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
February 21 2024 21:36 GMT
#9
ZeroSpace looks pretty cool. It's got my attention the most between the two.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
February 22 2024 00:15 GMT
#10
I'm excited for both!
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
February 22 2024 01:12 GMT
#11
On February 21 2024 21:32 WGT-Baal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2024 19:16 BlueStar wrote:
On February 21 2024 19:14 Vindicare605 wrote:
I was interested in Stormgate. Until I played it. Maybe I'll be interested in it again sometime, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

pretty much sums it up
+1

No clue how zerospace feels, yet.


Same here


Me too. I've played enough SG to know that I'm not really feeling it. Haven't played ZeroSpace at all.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Nasigil
Profile Joined July 2023
137 Posts
February 22 2024 01:23 GMT
#12
I am interested in Stormgate, but that's it, interested. I am not hyped nor hopeful.

They seems to have a solid framework of a good RTS game but I haven't seen anything that indicates it will be a "next gen RTS", nothing I've seen so far really couldn't be done 15 years ago. It's just something that really resembles a mix of SC2/WC3, almost like a mod. I will reserve my judgement until they actually showing promising progress.
shadow4723
Profile Joined October 2018
87 Posts
February 22 2024 05:50 GMT
#13
very interested in stormgate, not at all in zerospace. also mostly interested in stormgate as an esport, not as much to play myself
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
February 22 2024 07:24 GMT
#14
Interested and intrigued.

I mean ultimately I’ll be like 36 or older when either come out and I’ve taken a big gap from actively playing competitive RTS. Warcraft Reforged, with WC3 probably being my favourite RTS to play if not watch being such a shitshow that I didn’t buy it extended my hiatus yet further.

I don’t think it’s any kind of impossible age to at least be decent, or realistically aspire to it, which is kind of a prerequisite for me to bother, but these games will have to be properly compelling in one way or another to grab me.

Hey I’m hopeful, if not necessarily optimistic! Worse case scenario I’ve a huge back catalogue of interesting looking PvE RTS games to try.

And in ways those can have more interesting mechanics without the constraint of trying to get razor tight balance for competitive play.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-22 11:52:57
February 22 2024 11:51 GMT
#15
Interested in where I can get my RTS fix for the next decade. Doesn't matter which one as long as I can watch cool games and argue about the GOAT here on TL
GOAT for Stormgate right now? Parting?
GOAT for ZeroSpace right now? Scarlett?
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Sentikoret
Profile Joined July 2019
20 Posts
February 22 2024 13:22 GMT
#16
Not interested in Stormgate at all, very interested in Zerospace.
Stormgate is for people who like Blizzard and (tangentionally) Warcraft 3. Everything in the development feels like Blizzard 15 years ago - company that didn't fall yet, but has seeds of its future failure growing all over it. From the beginning it focused on getting glowing reviews by game journalists and big names more than player and viewer experience. Having no observer interface during the first Major was final nail in the coffin for me.
Zerospace imo has way more genuine passion for RTS behind it and a bit of that C&C feeling. And they actually prepared for their $10k tournament. Will it have worse balance that Stormgate? Sure, way more stuff to balance. Will it be more interesing to play and watch, with more faction, unit and strategy diversity? I'd say guaranteed.
But if I'll want to watch balance over everything else, I'll go to the chess corner of Twitch.
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3566 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-02-22 13:26:07
February 22 2024 13:25 GMT
#17
On February 22 2024 16:24 WombaT wrote:
Interested and intrigued.

I mean ultimately I’ll be like 36 or older when either come out and I’ve taken a big gap from actively playing competitive RTS. Warcraft Reforged, with WC3 probably being my favourite RTS to play if not watch being such a shitshow that I didn’t buy it extended my hiatus yet further.

I don’t think it’s any kind of impossible age to at least be decent, or realistically aspire to it, which is kind of a prerequisite for me to bother, but these games will have to be properly compelling in one way or another to grab me.

Hey I’m hopeful, if not necessarily optimistic! Worse case scenario I’ve a huge back catalogue of interesting looking PvE RTS games to try.

And in ways those can have more interesting mechanics without the constraint of trying to get razor tight balance for competitive play.


I didnt think I would get attacked like that in the morning ;p I feel old now. I ll stick to BW al the way to the retirement home, we need to coordinate a TL retirement so we can LAN BW there

But yeah also bummed out they utterly wrecked WC3 reforged, i had high hopes for it and was ready to play with friends who dont play sc but love wc3 and wow.
Interested in those PvE RTS you mention btw, if you could compile a quick top 3 - top 5?
Horang2 fan
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
February 22 2024 20:12 GMT
#18
Most interested in David Kim's new RTS. I appreciate that Zerostorm seems to be slightly more creative than Stormgate, however, it's still very far from the RTS game of the future I imagine.
Soulforged
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Latvia982 Posts
February 22 2024 20:59 GMT
#19
SG felt underwhelming, much worse than BW. I'd play SC2 before SG.
Hoping for Zerostorm but...yeah.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
February 22 2024 21:50 GMT
#20
On February 22 2024 22:25 WGT-Baal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2024 16:24 WombaT wrote:
Interested and intrigued.

I mean ultimately I’ll be like 36 or older when either come out and I’ve taken a big gap from actively playing competitive RTS. Warcraft Reforged, with WC3 probably being my favourite RTS to play if not watch being such a shitshow that I didn’t buy it extended my hiatus yet further.

I don’t think it’s any kind of impossible age to at least be decent, or realistically aspire to it, which is kind of a prerequisite for me to bother, but these games will have to be properly compelling in one way or another to grab me.

Hey I’m hopeful, if not necessarily optimistic! Worse case scenario I’ve a huge back catalogue of interesting looking PvE RTS games to try.

And in ways those can have more interesting mechanics without the constraint of trying to get razor tight balance for competitive play.


I didnt think I would get attacked like that in the morning ;p I feel old now. I ll stick to BW al the way to the retirement home, we need to coordinate a TL retirement so we can LAN BW there

But yeah also bummed out they utterly wrecked WC3 reforged, i had high hopes for it and was ready to play with friends who dont play sc but love wc3 and wow.
Interested in those PvE RTS you mention btw, if you could compile a quick top 3 - top 5?

Provided I’m not properly senile, this is the only thing about old age I look forward to!

I believe you’ve just kept playing BW, so the old age is less of an impediment than it is for me, who’s had a huge hiatus. Like I put in enough hours grinding guitar and to a lesser degree bass that I can still pick them up after a big gap and be like 90/95% of where I was at. And with a disciplined grind I’d be better than 20 year old me again pretty quickly. Me picking up competitive RTS I have to blow off a hell of a lot of cobwebs haha.

I would have come back for WC3, and the frustration for me is a ton of the Northern/Southern Irish SC2 scene came in just for that game, without BW or WC3 experience. By the Reforged launch period many were just kinda burned out with SC2 and were super receptive to switching for a bit, and two of us, me (primary caster for 10 years of tournaments) and another guy (top 3 local GOAT and one of our few GMs) played thousands of WC3 games together and both have it as our favourite game. So we’d really sold the beauty of that game to the rest.

The stage was 100% set for, even if it was for a few months for a big bunch of Masters level SC2 players to explore WC3 and give it a shot, enthusiasm was high. The second it launched without a proper ladder, never mind without other fun features like clans and tournaments that enthusiasm completely evaporated and like 10-15 people I’ve known very well through a decade+ of SC2 tournaments who were 100% going to give it a shot, didn’t. Hell the aforementioned WC3 vets including myself who both have WC3 as their favourite ever game didn’t.

I can’t overstate quite how disastrous they fucked the potential of Reforged, still irks me to this day.

As per PvE RTS I mean, I’m the kind of guy who plays a few games religiously, so I’ve got a big backlog of stuff to explore now I’m a bit more casual, and a good 20 years of classics to plough through.

So I haven’t even really played AoE, or a Supreme Commander. Homeworld looks interesting to me with the full 3D element of combat in space and there’s a new game coming out there. As a big 40K nut, I’m really enjoying just playing the campaigns of the first two Dawn of War games.

Recently replayed Bungie’s Myth series, well the first 2 that I feel are massively underrated and excellent ‘RTT’ games. I’m honestly not sure if they’re playable on modern systems, I just still have a 20+ year old iMac still working and the discs, so I’m not sure if it’s a useful recommendation!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
UpATreeSC 131
MindelVK 10
ProTech4
JuggernautJason1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35065
Calm 3507
Shuttle 1356
FanTaSy 927
actioN 337
EffOrt 278
Rush 185
firebathero 184
Hyuk 135
Dewaltoss 100
[ Show more ]
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 57
Hyun 34
Aegong 25
Bale 25
Free 23
soO 23
HiyA 22
PianO 20
Shine 14
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8017
Dendi1066
XaKoH 288
Fuzer 68
League of Legends
KnowMe66
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1392
fl0m494
x6flipin430
Other Games
singsing2281
FrodaN1168
Beastyqt674
mouzStarbuck334
B2W.Neo284
byalli196
Livibee190
C9.Mang0165
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr69
Mew2King60
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV437
Other Games
• Shiphtur923
• imaqtpie265
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 54m
Replay Cast
5h 39m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.