• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:53
CEST 11:53
KST 18:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8234 users

ZeroSpace Megathread - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
221 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
August 19 2023 19:50 GMT
#21
On August 19 2023 23:52 Slydie wrote:
Show nested quote +
With 4 factions and then sub-faction choices as well, and the high number of skirmishes & interactions with creeps and the enemy units, and two game-changing updates a year, being good at this game will be way more like playing improvisational jazz than composing a symphony. It seems like most new RTS’s are going in this direction. But going too far in this direction is not gonna be ideal imo.


Right, but going online to pick up the strategies which are better to abuse and staying on top of the meta will also be really important. 4-way asymmetrical balance without at least one broken MU is impossible to achieve, as shown in WC3.

Yeah, I think you are right. There are some games where you can get a lot of value by not following what's popular and instead developing your own strategies. And there are other games where you're better off going with the flow of what everyone else is doing, and focusing on execution and tactics rather than try to change more fundamental things about how the game is approached.

Without talking at length about what I think "tactical" is and what I think "strategic" is, I guess my post isn't totally clear. But for a lot of reasons this game strikes me as one that will reward players who never play an original strategy but rather have great tactics and adaptability.

Again I'd reiterate I'm not saying I think a game like this is fatally flawed (if my observation is even correct -- I could also be very wrong about how the game will turn out). I'm just describing my impression of the nature of it. Could be very fun but I wouldn't want to fall in love with one particular unit or style of play in the game. It seems more like a game where a jack-of-all-trades player is rewarded for being the best at whatever is currently in favor.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
August 19 2023 20:58 GMT
#22
What was shown was great. I really liked the not-zerg plant race. All that plant and symbiosis stuff is way more creative than the usual swarm race you can see in almost every sci-fi game.

I think all those of those explosion and projectile particles could be toned down a little, It looks cool at first glance but might make some fights unreadable, both for the player and the spectator.
You're now breathing manually
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
August 19 2023 23:13 GMT
#23
Seems interesting! I like that the game seems to reduce clicks for macro mechanics, the queue function is quite nice, these workers seemingly building automatically, etc.
I also like that there seems to be an objective on the map instantly + the hero you get, though i hope that they push this a little more. Definitely also enjoy the comeback mechanic in the energy you get when your units die.
Also pretty interesting that upgrades are basically choices between two (maybe that should be even more over time) effects where you lock yourself in, that alone + the mercenaries you have to choose imo goes against nony's interpretation that strategy won't be as important tbh.
Where i see myself being the most critical so far is in the art design and animation. Ofc especially for the latter things will still change a lot, but i am not really feeling most of these designs tbh. "Cheap" doesn't quite describe it, but from factors like originality, readability and polish, there is imo a lot of room to improve on it.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States2004 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-20 00:05:01
August 20 2023 00:03 GMT
#24
I think Nony made a good point, it looks like the game is more about tactics than macro and I don't know how I feel about that. Sure there will be builds but it seems like this game really wants there to be battles and skirmishes everywhere as the primary focus with heroes. I will try it but I don't feel much StarCraft with this one.
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
August 20 2023 00:28 GMT
#25
It seems much more like a WC3 game than a SC2 game. 4 races, heros, units have more HP and battles last a while and can span across the map, creeps/objectives, mercenaries. Though I love WC3!
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
moonsjde
Profile Joined October 2022
48 Posts
August 20 2023 00:37 GMT
#26
looks like tower defense
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States2004 Posts
August 20 2023 03:11 GMT
#27
On August 20 2023 09:37 moonsjde wrote:
looks like tower defense

how so?
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
lechatnoir
Profile Joined November 2016
392 Posts
August 20 2023 11:03 GMT
#28
Interesting!

So we will have a bit of a battle of the "successor" games to sc2, that's probably good!
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
August 20 2023 13:50 GMT
#29
it looks more promising than stormgate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-20 14:43:44
August 20 2023 14:42 GMT
#30
On August 20 2023 09:28 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
It seems much more like a WC3 game than a SC2 game. 4 races, heros, units have more HP and battles last a while and can span across the map, creeps/objectives, mercenaries. Though I love WC3!


Agreed. It looked really awesome to me until I saw all of that stuff. This clearly isn't my type of game but I wish it the best regardless.
vyzion
Profile Joined August 2016
308 Posts
August 20 2023 20:31 GMT
#31
Whoa!!
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
August 21 2023 09:48 GMT
#32
On August 20 2023 22:50 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
it looks more promising than stormgate


Mainly because StormGate hasnt shown anything.
-.-
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
August 21 2023 17:39 GMT
#33
Looks cool, as a BW player it looks a lot more interesting than any of the other new RTSs I've seen since SC2. Worried about the 4 races + heroes + mercenary factions though... just seems like sooo many variables for balancing and such (wc3 never really got balance right IIRC). But since the focus seems more on casual team games and co-op/single player I guess that's fine.
Free Palestine
Mizenhauer
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
United States1967 Posts
August 21 2023 18:10 GMT
#34
On August 21 2023 18:48 MeSaber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2023 22:50 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
it looks more promising than stormgate


Mainly because StormGate hasnt shown anything.


Or because the people behind stormgate are most of the people who players think "screwed up StarCraft II". At least with Scarlett involved you know there will nothing even resembling Protoss in this game.
┗|∵|┓Second Place in LB 28, Third Place in LB 29 and Destined to Be a Kong
[Phantom]
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Mexico2170 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-08-21 20:24:43
August 21 2023 20:17 GMT
#35
On August 22 2023 03:10 Mizenhauer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2023 18:48 MeSaber wrote:
On August 20 2023 22:50 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
it looks more promising than stormgate


Mainly because StormGate hasnt shown anything.


Or because the people behind stormgate are most of the people who players think "screwed up StarCraft II". At least with Scarlett involved you know there will nothing even resembling Protoss in this game.


No, but there will be lots of buffs and even undocumented buffs to the race she favors

I do Agree this looks morefun than stormgte, it looks much further in development. I doubt that is actually the case though, so it just speaks how stormgate has barely shown anything.

I do think this looks a little bit more deriavative though. And I'm not a fan of heroes.
WriterTeamLiquid Staff writer since 2014 @Mortal_Phantom
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
August 21 2023 21:54 GMT
#36
I'd agree this looks more like Starcraft 2, but with heroes added. Not sure if I necessarily want that... there's a reason I stopped playing Starcraft 2... and went back to Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition & a small trip back to Brood War for nostalgia's sake.
Stormgate I literally have no opinion on yet (reserving my judgment) because like you've all said, they've essentially shown jack shit all... release some full battlecasts!

What other RTSes are coming...
Tempest Rising, is clearly a Command & Conquer spiritual successor, and it might be fun. There's also some footage of it on Youtube. Some peeps got access to the first tutorial mission and it looks acceptable for a C&C clone.
Age of Mythology: Retold might(?) come out this year. If Microsoft puts in the same level of polish into it as they did into AoE2:DE it should be a straight cocaine line up the nose, while going down memory lane of our childhoods...

Anymore I'm forgetting?
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
cha0
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada518 Posts
August 22 2023 00:11 GMT
#37
Looks cool but seriously for a lot of the stuff I saw in the video it looked like they straight ripped assets out of SC2 and just touched them up a bit.
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
August 22 2023 02:26 GMT
#38
Yay! to 4 races, Nay! to heroes.
Yay! to mercenaries (I think it's like an ally faction?) Nay! to control towers.
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
CicadaSC
Profile Joined January 2018
United States2004 Posts
August 22 2023 04:43 GMT
#39
On August 22 2023 11:26 Malongo wrote:
Yay! to 4 races, Nay! to heroes.
Yay! to mercenaries (I think it's like an ally faction?) Nay! to control towers.

i think they got like 6
Remember that we all come from a place of passion!!
gTank
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria2668 Posts
August 22 2023 08:32 GMT
#40
On August 22 2023 06:54 Latham wrote:
I'd agree this looks more like Starcraft 2, but with heroes added. Not sure if I necessarily want that... there's a reason I stopped playing Starcraft 2... and went back to Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition & a small trip back to Brood War for nostalgia's sake.
Stormgate I literally have no opinion on yet (reserving my judgment) because like you've all said, they've essentially shown jack shit all... release some full battlecasts!

What other RTSes are coming...
Tempest Rising, is clearly a Command & Conquer spiritual successor, and it might be fun. There's also some footage of it on Youtube. Some peeps got access to the first tutorial mission and it looks acceptable for a C&C clone.
Age of Mythology: Retold might(?) come out this year. If Microsoft puts in the same level of polish into it as they did into AoE2:DE it should be a straight cocaine line up the nose, while going down memory lane of our childhoods...

Anymore I'm forgetting?



I tried out Godsworn yesterday, its pretty good and also interesting setting-wise.
One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch...and kablooie!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko123
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1081
Shuttle 1006
Jaedong 552
firebathero 457
Horang2 333
Hyuk 331
BeSt 328
Mong 260
Soma 216
Hyun 212
[ Show more ]
Bisu 201
Stork 150
Shine 131
Larva 101
PianO 96
Sexy 85
Rush 80
Mind 61
Pusan 49
910 48
HiyA 42
Shinee 38
Sharp 31
Bale 29
hero 28
sSak 28
ZerO 25
ZergMaN 24
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 19
Noble 9
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe112
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1288
shoxiejesuss887
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King310
Other Games
gofns42932
summit1g7429
singsing1145
ceh9576
Pyrionflax148
KnowMe141
DeMusliM82
Livibee80
Trikslyr25
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick429
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1188
• Stunt341
Other Games
• Shiphtur431
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 7m
Patches Events
6h 7m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.