• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7103 users

ZeroSpace Megathread - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
221 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 18 2024 02:03 GMT
#121
On February 21 2024 11:40 TheDougler wrote:
Man, I had really gotten my hopes up about Stormgate, but it's falling through fast. I'm increasingly getting behind ZeroSpace, better graphics, more creativity, and the team seems hungrier to make a great product than Stormgate. Stormgate is starting to look like a crash grab that's trying to coast off of the early declaration of being the great successor to Blizzard RTS.


I forgot I wrote that... Think I nailed it.

Had a fun weekend of ZeroSpace. It's got a lot going for it! Just feels incredibly empty at the moment, but that will change, I think.

I really hope GiantGrantGames makes a badass video that gets his whole audience playing it during the free weekend coming up.

Also hope they have a good campaign, that would help a lot, though I'm fairly optimistic about that.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7423 Posts
November 18 2024 09:20 GMT
#122
Giant Grant Games is such an unfortunate name though. I always think of Path of Exile... which is Grinding Gear Games and alreadys has the abbreviation of GGG solidly locked in
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Zealgoon
Profile Joined January 2013
China188 Posts
November 18 2024 13:15 GMT
#123
How's the shape of the game right now? I hope they don't release a super half-baked demo like Stormgate did in February.
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States758 Posts
November 19 2024 00:57 GMT
#124
:S I have low hope for new RTS games, but I'll hold Cats accountable for the quality of the game xD
别问,问就是查无此人。
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 20 2024 21:31 GMT
#125
On November 18 2024 22:15 Zealgoon wrote:
How's the shape of the game right now? I hope they don't release a super half-baked demo like Stormgate did in February.


It's MUCH, MUCH better than Stormgate in terms of development. I've been playing it for a bit and I really like what they're doing, and I'm excited for their campaign.

Looks like at release it's going to have all of the following going for it:

1. Galactic Warfare co-op mode (I really like this).
2. 2 player survival horde mode (also looks really cool).
3. A real campaign with RPG elements.
4. Versus with 4 main factions and 7 mercenary factions.
5. Really beautiful graphics and visual design (in my opinion).

Stormgate had like 70% of a working ladder, that's about it.

So, it's going to be a hell of a lot better than Stormgate, I can say that easily. But, that's not a high bar to clear. How big and revolutionary will it be? That's honestly really hard to say. It's a hell of a lot better than Stormgate though, I can tell you that.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Zealgoon
Profile Joined January 2013
China188 Posts
November 21 2024 06:18 GMT
#126
On November 21 2024 06:31 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2024 22:15 Zealgoon wrote:
How's the shape of the game right now? I hope they don't release a super half-baked demo like Stormgate did in February.


It's MUCH, MUCH better than Stormgate in terms of development. I've been playing it for a bit and I really like what they're doing, and I'm excited for their campaign.

Looks like at release it's going to have all of the following going for it:

1. Galactic Warfare co-op mode (I really like this).
2. 2 player survival horde mode (also looks really cool).
3. A real campaign with RPG elements.
4. Versus with 4 main factions and 7 mercenary factions.
5. Really beautiful graphics and visual design (in my opinion).

Stormgate had like 70% of a working ladder, that's about it.

So, it's going to be a hell of a lot better than Stormgate, I can say that easily. But, that's not a high bar to clear. How big and revolutionary will it be? That's honestly really hard to say. It's a hell of a lot better than Stormgate though, I can tell you that.

I watched some streams on youtube and wasn't terribly impressed with what I saw:
- Galactic War: idk if I'm missing something but isn't this mode just playing the same mission again and agaim, and eventually the faction with the most free time wins?
- Survival Mode: feels like it's basically just a coop mission. Nice, but nothing groundbreaking.
- Campaign: not implemented right now afaik
- Graphics: it's fine but still very unpolished. It does look MUCH better than Stormgate but that says a lot more about SG than ZS

To be clear, I'm not talking about the eventual release; I'm talking about the demo that is going to be playtested tomorrow. I think Stormgate's first public demo was extremely bad and had a very negative effect on the game's potential customers, so I hope ZS won't repeat the mistake. Not that SG's "official" release was any good, but still.

I guess I'll get my answers in a day.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7423 Posts
November 21 2024 11:58 GMT
#127
On November 21 2024 06:31 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 18 2024 22:15 Zealgoon wrote:
How's the shape of the game right now? I hope they don't release a super half-baked demo like Stormgate did in February.


It's MUCH, MUCH better than Stormgate in terms of development. I've been playing it for a bit and I really like what they're doing, and I'm excited for their campaign.

Looks like at release it's going to have all of the following going for it:

1. Galactic Warfare co-op mode (I really like this).
2. 2 player survival horde mode (also looks really cool).
3. A real campaign with RPG elements.
4. Versus with 4 main factions and 7 mercenary factions.
5. Really beautiful graphics and visual design (in my opinion).

Stormgate had like 70% of a working ladder, that's about it.

So, it's going to be a hell of a lot better than Stormgate, I can say that easily. But, that's not a high bar to clear. How big and revolutionary will it be? That's honestly really hard to say. It's a hell of a lot better than Stormgate though, I can tell you that.


Alrighty! I am officially excited!
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-21 12:09:15
November 21 2024 12:07 GMT
#128
The massive multiplayer mode announcement together with other plans made me quite worried about the game's development process because to me it looks like biting off way more than they can chew. Hope I'm wrong.
You're now breathing manually
Zealgoon
Profile Joined January 2013
China188 Posts
November 23 2024 07:57 GMT
#129
Tried this for a bit today with a friend. Much better than what I expected. Don't have the time to write a detailed essay right now, but if you're interested in a new RTS at all you owe yourself to check this one out. This game is so much better than Stormgate it's not even funny.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 24 2024 06:59 GMT
#130
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it when you do have time Zeal!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
November 25 2024 04:00 GMT
#131
Gotta say, quite impressed with what little I got my hands on/got to watch this weekend
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Zealgoon
Profile Joined January 2013
China188 Posts
November 25 2024 06:39 GMT
#132
On November 24 2024 15:59 TheDougler wrote:
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it when you do have time Zeal!

It's not just the time, I'm not good at writeups like that in general, but I'll try to describe what I liked.

Controls are pretty good. Faction level is cool. Mutally exclusive upgrade is cool. Mercs are cool. The creeping and presence of heroes turned me off initially, but when I played the game they didn't feel disruptive (mostly because heroes don't have an outsized impact on gameplay, and there's barely any creeping). Graphics are surprisingly polished for a game in early beta, it already looks better than Stormgate (admittedly just about anything looks better than Stormgate). Hard to comment on balance and multiplayer game flow since I played exactly one skirmish game against a real human and it's too early anyway, but I liked the overall concept.

Unlike Stormgate, this game is at least attempting to have a coherent world setting. Not that Terran fighting Vegatable Zerg fighting WH40K Chaos is particularly cool or innovative, but at least they aren't making you fight GIANT CHICKEN to acquire a WOODEN CATAPULT in a sci-fi setting, or shoving unfunny jokes down your throat every other minute in co-op.

The biggest thing, though, is that I felt the project itself was been managed more competently. I don't work in the game industry, I just feel that Zerospace is getting along faster than its competitors. IIRC, the game is scheduled to enter public beta by the end of 2025, so we're currently a year away from it's release, but they already have 3 races fully playable with (mostly?) complete unit rosters, 3 fully playable co-op missions, and a survival mode UMS. For comparison, Stormgate's public demo 6 months before its release featured 2 races, no T3 tech, and exactly one co-op mission; Immortal (which is also offering a public demo this weekend, in case anyone is not aware) doesn't even have an AI you can play against. This makes me hopeful that Zerospace is actually being developed on schedule, and won't be stuck in development hell until the devs run out of money so they have to rush an unfinished product out (like Stormgate).

Not everything is good, though; the UI is very rough, there's a lot of bugs, and unit clumping is as bad if not worse than SC2. I also disliked how derivative a lot of the units were; there's a guy who literally is a ravager (even looks the same).
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10871 Posts
November 27 2024 05:42 GMT
#133
I enjoyed the play test, it was actually a really fun weekend playing. At first I was pretty turned off but once I got to understand the mechanics a little better I started to enjoy the game a lot more, just like any other game I guess.

Overall thanks for the opportunity to try it and it was great!
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-27 10:05:53
November 27 2024 10:05 GMT
#134
Yeah I had lots of fun in the open beta as well, shame it clashed with immortal gate of pyre.
Both games have way better thought out system than stormgate.
Immortal with the third resource system, zerospace with the massive customisation tree, battle aces with deck building.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
November 27 2024 13:29 GMT
#135
I only played a couple games against the AI. Lots of stuff going on, but I'm excited to try more later. Hopefully the campaign is fun and gradually introduces all the concepts to make onboarding an easy experience!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
November 29 2024 09:20 GMT
#136
On November 27 2024 22:29 SoleSteeler wrote:
I only played a couple games against the AI. Lots of stuff going on, but I'm excited to try more later. Hopefully the campaign is fun and gradually introduces all the concepts to make onboarding an easy experience!


That’s my big hope as well. There’s a lot going on so a good campaign to introduce it is gonna be key.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7423 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-11-29 10:31:22
November 29 2024 10:30 GMT
#137
ZeroSpace has drag movement!

https://youtube.com/shorts/F9DUg9UmAjA?si=wCEe9dNdwmha_UIo
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
November 29 2024 11:24 GMT
#138
On November 29 2024 19:30 Harris1st wrote:
ZeroSpace has drag movement!

https://youtube.com/shorts/F9DUg9UmAjA?si=wCEe9dNdwmha_UIo

yup, it's more for formation usually. still a really cool feature because micro can get pretty intense in the game.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
October 04 2025 19:40 GMT
#139
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starlancestudios/zerospace/posts/4501679

I guess time to shift focus from Stormgate to Zerospace.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10871 Posts
October 04 2025 23:45 GMT
#140
Awesome, I can't wait to play it again!
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15968
Calm 2264
Mini 163
Rush 107
EffOrt 93
Trap 22
scan(afreeca) 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
febbydoto14
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5524
pashabiceps716
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4127
Liquid`Hasu612
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1934
Beastyqt694
RotterdaM635
B2W.Neo613
C9.Mang0295
shahzam187
IndyStarCraft 183
crisheroes153
QueenE100
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss64
UpATreeSC58
ZombieGrub39
JuggernautJason23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 31
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade889
Other Games
• imaqtpie967
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 59m
INu's Battles
14h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 59m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.