• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7442 users

[H] DotA items - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
February 04 2008 12:44 GMT
#621
Dutch are weird. AND KOREANS ARE TOO! HAH I BEAT YOU TO IT.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
February 04 2008 15:22 GMT
#622
p.s. Pubs suck.

And what's with people not leaving when the game is blatantly over? It's like people have this undying need to see the throne explode.

Reminds me of the idiots on PGT hiding a pylon to drag the game out.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
February 04 2008 17:20 GMT
#623
lol i disagree with koreans being weird. i scrim and play ihs with korean clans a lot on uswest they're all mannered and their skill level is surprisingly exceptional.

you don't get to see all your stats and stuff (the ending game board) unless you stay til the end when the tree or throne dies. and why would you get mad at them staying? when they're right about to die and they're staying, it gives you more chances to play around and feed on them it's fun =] i'm of course talking about pubs haha
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
February 05 2008 05:30 GMT
#624
In GGC, some people like to stay until the end because "it gives you more xp points." Dunno if it's true, but yeah.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
February 05 2008 06:29 GMT
#625
like xp really matters -_-a
Hates Fun🤔
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
February 05 2008 07:50 GMT
#626
RPF p.s. is something you write after your post. definitely not at the beginning hmmkaY?!

and no bottleabuser I disagree, dutch are different not weird!
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
February 05 2008 07:51 GMT
#627
On February 05 2008 02:20 BlueRoyaL wrote:
lol i disagree with koreans being weird. i scrim and play ihs with korean clans a lot on uswest they're all mannered and their skill level is surprisingly exceptional.

you don't get to see all your stats and stuff (the ending game board) unless you stay til the end when the tree or throne dies. and why would you get mad at them staying? when they're right about to die and they're staying, it gives you more chances to play around and feed on them it's fun =] i'm of course talking about pubs haha


It's exactly why they are weird blueroyal. Who the hell has a people that are all mannered and gosu? Must be something wrong, because that isn't healthy.
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
February 05 2008 08:15 GMT
#628
well not all but i mean compared to a lot of faggots in like dxd tdt etc manner is much better - 0-;; meh i dunno haha
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
February 05 2008 08:25 GMT
#629
might be true, european and american kids at dota seem to be the biggest faggots ever.
BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
February 05 2008 08:28 GMT
#630
Americans (and the Europeans I've seen) talk shit to make up for lack of skill.

Koreans also talk to make up for lack of skill, but usually it's maphack accusations instead of shittalking.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
February 05 2008 09:18 GMT
#631
Haha yeah now that you mention that I remember a game where I was playing with heen and they accused me of maphack in Korean and he picked up on it and a long conversation of
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:

Followed. Can't read korean:p
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
February 05 2008 09:23 GMT
#632
lololol
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
February 05 2008 10:36 GMT
#633
hahaha
i have a friend who always types blank spaces when koreans start talking zzzz
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
February 05 2008 13:22 GMT
#634
On February 05 2008 18:18 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
Haha yeah now that you mention that I remember a game where I was playing with heen and they accused me of maphack in Korean and he picked up on it and a long conversation of
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:
Heen:
Villan:

Followed. Can't read korean:p

Every replay of Heen's he showed us had that. I thought my WC3 was bugged before I figured it out. ;;
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
February 05 2008 15:06 GMT
#635
Hm, I have another (nitpicky) question:

Say I have a hero that I want to get a scepter on, like Rhasta, Zeus, or Leshrac, for example. Now, obviously scepter doesn't give regen, so I obviously want some regen to be able to spam more effectively. My question is: do I buy a sobi at the start and leave my base without any branches, or do I just save up and buy a void stone and delay my boosters?

I always go 2 tango/5 branches at the start now, unless I'm going arcane or vanguard, in which case I go 2 tango/RoD or stout, respectively, and then however many branches I can afford. This is a bit more difficult if I'm going sobi first, as then you can't really afford any branches unless it's RD.

570 in -RD: 2 tangoes (180) + sobi (325) = 505g (1 branch)
538 in -AP (when horn sounds): 2 tangoes (180) + sobi (325) = 505g (0 branches)

So if I go tangoes/sobi I go to my lane with no stats, and often that leaves me very vulnerable to harass, as I'll have 50-100 HP less than my teammates. ;;
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
February 05 2008 15:36 GMT
#636
On February 06 2008 00:06 rpf wrote:
Hm, I have another (nitpicky) question:

Say I have a hero that I want to get a scepter on, like Rhasta, Zeus, or Leshrac, for example. Now, obviously scepter doesn't give regen, so I obviously want some regen to be able to spam more effectively. My question is: do I buy a sobi at the start and leave my base without any branches, or do I just save up and buy a void stone and delay my boosters?

I always go 2 tango/5 branches at the start now, unless I'm going arcane or vanguard, in which case I go 2 tango/RoD or stout, respectively, and then however many branches I can afford. This is a bit more difficult if I'm going sobi first, as then you can't really afford any branches unless it's RD.

570 in -RD: 2 tangoes (180) + sobi (325) = 505g (1 branch)
538 in -AP (when horn sounds): 2 tangoes (180) + sobi (325) = 505g (0 branches)

So if I go tangoes/sobi I go to my lane with no stats, and often that leaves me very vulnerable to harass, as I'll have 50-100 HP less than my teammates. ;;


Going scepter first is bad for your health. Most of the heroes that can use Scepter have more important items to get like say the three heroes you listed:

Rhasta - Blink Dagger is a must, two talis/bracers can hold over until mid game.
Lesharc - Health/Mana (Mana more) and Blink, he farms well so it really doesn't matter.
Zeus - Arcane to Blink.

I stated before Scepter is bad because you can't effectively farm it fast and the rewards aren't great. So my advice to you is to determine how comfortable you are laning with the hero, then get tangos, clarities, branches, circlets as you wish. RoR and Sobi aren't really that great unless you plan on pumping stats so Sobi can scale quickly for you in early-mid game.
Get it by your hands...
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
February 05 2008 16:17 GMT
#637
That makes sense. I'm noticing that basically everyone buys a dagger in higher level games to avoid ganks.

I guess the whole bracer vs. branches thing is just preference usually. I've stopped buying circlets as starting items, and I go tangoes/branches to "feel out" the game, and then I'll get a bracer or two if I think I'll need them. Is that how most players do it?
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-05 16:30:51
February 05 2008 16:30 GMT
#638
everyone buys daggers because stunning gankers like sven destroy face if you hold map control

circs if you feel like you need bracers/talis/bands later, otherwise branches and resell later are better

unless you are running some kind of lane control then clarities are needed too.
Get it by your hands...
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
February 05 2008 16:37 GMT
#639
I'd only consider a fast Agh on Lina and Ogre Magi... Lina if you can gank really well without Blink (thus delaying the Blink, as the higher damage output earlier is more lethal), and Ogre Magi because he kinda needs it.

Otherwise the effect of Agh actually isn't that useful... you can actually delay it even on Lesh :<
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
February 05 2008 17:05 GMT
#640
No hero should get Aghanim's before dagger I only do it on Ogre in newb games when they're letting me go 'Chinese Gold Farmer' mode. And of course I get dagger right after it.

The problem with Aghanim's is the staff which costs too much. Or rather blink dagger is too good to pass up on. One of the most common ways of ganking starting mid game is blinkdagger -> stun so they can't react. And if only sand king has a dagger and lina, for example, doesn't, there's a problem. Dagger is more effective offensive than defensive so keep that in mind.

Sadly, dagger is now widely known as a necessity and it's going to be nerfed again Personally cd to 45 sec and mana cost to 100 should be enough of a nerf but I hear they're making it 60 sec cd (?)

As for starting items, you should only get RoR if you're planning to get a 2nd or an early hood (bristleback solo). I recently solo'd luna vs magnataur in mid lane and I expected mag to come so I went double RoR and that worked out ok. Tangos are more useful in keeping your hp closer to 100% so you can gank/avoid dying. Also tango juking is fun
('''(G_G/'''')
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings89
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 179
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2333
Shuttle 1586
Artosis 601
Bale 67
NaDa 31
Dewaltoss 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Counter-Strike
taco 355
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox611
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor898
Other Games
summit1g9261
C9.Mang0325
PiGStarcraft296
ArmadaUGS60
ViBE59
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP145
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta16
• Letter144
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo522
Other Games
• Scarra769
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 59m
OSC
18h 59m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.