• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:41
CEST 16:41
KST 23:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8117 users

An Introduction to Overwatch - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
39 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 06 2016 00:57 GMT
#21
good luck to you overwatchers; i'll stay with the pure team FPS
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
May 06 2016 01:26 GMT
#22
On May 06 2016 09:57 amazingxkcd wrote:
good luck to you overwatchers; i'll stay with the pure team FPS


Yo, there's room for all the FPSes of this world to be happily alongside eachother my man
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11799 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-06 01:31:39
May 06 2016 01:31 GMT
#23
On May 06 2016 09:57 amazingxkcd wrote:
good luck to you overwatchers; i'll stay with the pure team FPS

I was waiting for this (and this thread post of course :p)

I played a lot of TFC for fun and played DotA competitively but I don't know what to think of mixing them yet though. I may have to try this someday just to see.

edit - ZeromuS is right xkcd ^_^
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 06 2016 02:16 GMT
#24
I'm still holding gripes against the 7 months of "Onlywatch".
Probably works wonder for marketing but damn i hate when BLizzard does that.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
May 06 2016 02:20 GMT
#25
On May 06 2016 11:16 Noocta wrote:
I'm still holding gripes against the 7 months of "Onlywatch".
Probably works wonder for marketing but damn i hate when BLizzard does that.


I kind feel like it killed hype in a lot of ways. When they first gave it out to streamers everyone was like holy shit, this looks completely ready for primetime, but then they killed the huge hype by delaying for 7 months. I feel like they could have done better by either releasing faster or delaying the launch of OnlyWatch. Oh well, either way I'm having fun.
LiquidDota Staff
Kyir
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1047 Posts
May 06 2016 03:20 GMT
#26
I've been playing it and feeling distinctly "eh." Not sure how much staying power it's going to have for me.
sc2chronic
Profile Joined May 2012
United States777 Posts
May 06 2016 04:00 GMT
#27
nice article. cant wait to see the guides to come out for this game on this forum. what ive noticed from playing it is that it requires far more teamwork based on the roles and abilities of the different characters than just being really good mechanically. i think there can be some very OP compositions too
terrible, terrible, damage
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-06 06:27:02
May 06 2016 06:20 GMT
#28
I tried BETA yesterday and played ~10 games.

As I suspected I will not buy it, in fact I already uninstalled the BETA.

It is probably an awesome game. Fast, dynamic, colorful, full of content. It's just not for me. There is so much I don't like. I'm long time Battlefield series games player and when I play FPS game, I want my character to actually have fire power, be lethal. Unfortunately, in Overwatch most characters are barely "tickling" enemies. Their strength lies in all sorts of abilities. And I like to shoot, not jump, teleport, etc. Oh and running. Most characters are slow, too slow. And I don't care what great skills they have. They are too slow, period.

Also games are insanely short o.O Maybe one out of my ~10 games lasted more than 5 minutes.

Finally, the graphics/requirements. No matter how I set the graphics settings my GPU temp reaches ~85C (780Ti). What a hell? I understand that it might be a price of playing in 120fps, but in BF4 I also play with 120fps and only have ~65C. I even tried lowest possible settings, no changes in temperature on GPU. I would like to believe that it is a fault of the game being in the BETA, but somehow I am sure that absolutely nothing is going to change. However, I must admit that the game is smooth, very smooth.

Summing up: Not a game for me. I am waiting for BF5. In a meantime, SC2 and BF4 will do

There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3561 Posts
May 06 2016 07:43 GMT
#29
Thanks! I ll try the game for the first time after work today. This introduction is of great help!
Horang2 fan
Immersion_
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom794 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-06 11:50:25
May 06 2016 11:49 GMT
#30
On May 06 2016 15:20 Asturas wrote:
I tried BETA yesterday and played ~10 games.

As I suspected I will not buy it, in fact I already uninstalled the BETA.

It is probably an awesome game. Fast, dynamic, colorful, full of content. It's just not for me. There is so much I don't like. I'm long time Battlefield series games player and when I play FPS game, I want my character to actually have fire power, be lethal. Unfortunately, in Overwatch most characters are barely "tickling" enemies. Their strength lies in all sorts of abilities. And I like to shoot, not jump, teleport, etc. Oh and running. Most characters are slow, too slow. And I don't care what great skills they have. They are too slow, period.

Also games are insanely short o.O Maybe one out of my ~10 games lasted more than 5 minutes.

Finally, the graphics/requirements. No matter how I set the graphics settings my GPU temp reaches ~85C (780Ti). What a hell? I understand that it might be a price of playing in 120fps, but in BF4 I also play with 120fps and only have ~65C. I even tried lowest possible settings, no changes in temperature on GPU. I would like to believe that it is a fault of the game being in the BETA, but somehow I am sure that absolutely nothing is going to change. However, I must admit that the game is smooth, very smooth.

Summing up: Not a game for me. I am waiting for BF5. In a meantime, SC2 and BF4 will do



I'm completely new to this team based FPS thing too. I've been playing for a few days and some matches are complete 5 minute stomps but I'm getting a few more good ones the more I play too.

I did find it very weird at first having heroes with no real requirement to aim, but the majority of them do have ways to demonstrate your skill (or lack of). There are a few exceptions like Symmetra feels horrible to play the weapon seems terrible and the skills don't appear to take that much thought. and while Mercy is kind of fun there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of depth there either. Guys like Reinhardt or Lucio can be quite satisfying however.

If you aren't enjoying a hero like Tracer though there's probably no hope for you and Overwatch!
http://www.twitch.tv/sybar1te Sybarite#2581 - add me for Heroes games. .Play Hots and Overwatch currently. Feel free to add.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
May 06 2016 15:05 GMT
#31
I really like it.
The Bomber boy
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
May 06 2016 17:32 GMT
#32
Great write-up. Can't wait for this game to come out.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
DrakanSilva
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Chile932 Posts
May 07 2016 00:52 GMT
#33
Great post and I'm so happy we got our own OW forum
In the beginning there was nothing... and then exploded
climax
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1088 Posts
May 07 2016 05:09 GMT
#34
Very cool! Can't wait for great coverage and articles like what happened with the CS:GO team!
Twitter: @JonathanRosales
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
May 07 2016 19:01 GMT
#35
On May 06 2016 04:38 karazax wrote:
Here are some Overwatch useful Map Tricks:


nice! thanks!
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-07 21:37:26
May 07 2016 20:08 GMT
#36
TurnipThrowingPeach
Profile Joined December 2011
United States151 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-09 14:04:42
May 09 2016 13:58 GMT
#37
Thanks for the great rundown! There were several things about the maps I was unaware of and I tried out some of the heroes suggested. I started having A LOT more fun after reading this and putting time in practicing. It's a really fun game once you get the hang of it. I've never cared for FPS but I can tell Overwatch is right up my alley. Can't wait for the official release!
That's what she said.
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-12 13:36:27
May 11 2016 22:10 GMT
#38
Hopefully during initial year of public play a lot of commercial interest is poured into the scene.
Support your esport!
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
May 14 2016 21:36 GMT
#39
yey :D
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
May 14 2016 23:04 GMT
#40
Noverwatch is the hardest Overwatch. Luckily I have some Vods left from nice Overwatch streams. Just have to ration them.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 399
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32754
Bisu 3063
Shuttle 1731
Hyuk 1311
EffOrt 718
Mini 696
Larva 361
Soma 282
ZerO 259
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
Zeus 100
hero 92
Last 85
Sexy 70
Hyun 43
Mong 40
Killer 40
Pusan 35
Trap 35
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
PianO 32
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7423
qojqva1392
Dendi793
Counter-Strike
fl0m2319
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1311
crisheroes873
Liquid`Hasu588
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2670
B2W.Neo1372
Beastyqt411
Livibee207
Hui .199
Liquid`VortiX172
KnowMe97
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King84
elazer61
CosmosSc2 26
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV184
League of Legends
• Jankos1986
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 19m
INu's Battles
21h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.