• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12879 users

Fire Emblem - Page 147

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 171 Next
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-19 15:15:15
April 19 2018 15:14 GMT
#2921
I thought Grand Conquest was pretty fun. Finally made good use of the bigger maps and armies, and Infernal was hard enough that taking the throne actually felt pretty rewarding. Also changed the balance/effectiveness of units a little, which was refreshing (even if you can never get rid of the Reinhardt entirely). Hopefully they do it again soon.

Preferably with a wider range of things for which you can win prizes.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
April 27 2018 17:15 GMT
#2922
Yet another Bow Lyn alt coming out has me reconsidering my plan to spend orbs on the next Legendary Banner. Time to save until the summer? Still need a legendary wind hero though...
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
April 27 2018 17:36 GMT
#2923
On April 28 2018 02:15 RuiBarbO wrote:
Yet another Bow Lyn alt coming out has me reconsidering my plan to spend orbs on the next Legendary Banner. Time to save until the summer? Still need a legendary wind hero though...

I've been running a lyn/dragon tactic team so this is a perfect fit. I am absolutely summoning.

Not to mention even if you don't want lyn speed tactic is insane.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
April 28 2018 00:02 GMT
#2924
Kind of strange to do another bow Lyn? Maybe according to their data the last one made them huge amounts of money?
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
April 28 2018 02:02 GMT
#2925
On April 28 2018 09:02 calgar wrote:
Kind of strange to do another bow Lyn? Maybe according to their data the last one made them huge amounts of money?

I joked with my friend the day before that he should've saved orbs for the 5th Lyn alt. I freaked out when that statement became prophetic.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
May 01 2018 12:16 GMT
#2926
I did my redeem pull and had 2 green orbs in there. Got random 4* on first pull, but got GBowLyn on second lol.

Will see how she does at 40.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-05-01 13:53:11
May 01 2018 13:50 GMT
#2927
So I dusted my copy of Echoes, and I had a couple of questions:

Is Faye any good? I went back and recruited her because I was thinking I was going to need another healer for Alm's route. All I have so far is Silque.

Also should I be going for Deen or Sonya? I'm not really sure at this point. Not really sure if it'll matter at all considering how heavily I invested into armor knights.

I haven't really met any witches yet, but it sounds like they're going to screw me over. Can't wait.

On February 23 2018 02:35 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2018 02:20 Frudgey wrote:
Alternatively, you can grind like an absolute madman, but I really don't recommend doing that.

If there's anything I've learned about Yango and Fire Emblem, it's that listening to Yango is almost always the smart thing to do, if not always the smart thing to do.

Frudgey I hope you used Valbar in your SoV run

You bet your bacon I did. I also turned Tobin into an armor knight, and I am using Lukas and Forsyth.

On February 23 2018 04:04 TheYango wrote:
Armors are good on both routes up into the first half of Act 3, then their usefulness drops off a cliff.

Challenge accepted.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
May 02 2018 15:24 GMT
#2928
On May 01 2018 21:16 Alventenie wrote:
I did my redeem pull and had 2 green orbs in there. Got random 4* on first pull, but got GBowLyn on second lol.

Will see how she does at 40.


I decided not to pull for Bow Lyn and am instead pulling for Ayra/Sonya/OGBowLyn. Voting with my wallet (i.e. free orbs), for whatever that ends up being worth. So far I've been pity broken by Karel and Saber... but they're both new units for me so free HM feathers, hooray!

On another note, reached the Endgame chapter of FE4 and it's surprising at how short it is. Like, it feels as though Seliph's campaign only just started and now I'm getting ready to take on Julius. That's probably most got to do with the map style, but after FE7/8/9, the pacing does feel odd. Just wish there was more time to get to know some of the characters. Like Cairpre and Hannibal: really interesting characters, barely had a chance to use them.

Did the pacing change a lot with Thracia?
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
May 02 2018 18:00 GMT
#2929
It's not so much that Thracia "changed" the pacing, more that FE4 is kind of an outlier in general. FE3 and FE5 both have very "normal" pacing by modern FE standards.
Moderator
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
May 06 2018 04:07 GMT
#2930
On May 03 2018 03:00 TheYango wrote:
It's not so much that Thracia "changed" the pacing, more that FE4 is kind of an outlier in general. FE3 and FE5 both have very "normal" pacing by modern FE standards.


That's interesting. Wonder why they changed it with FE4? I didn't think it was as big a deal with Sigurd's storyline, but it is very noticeable with Seliph.

The only other qualm I have is that some of the maps are really annoying. There's a way to make getting attacked from a new direction an effective part of level design, but most of the time in FE4, it just feels tedious. Like the first Augustria map. Go to the far corner, then go all the way back and around and up again.

Plot-wise, I like it a lot. I can't help but feel like it would be cool if they refined it with a remake, but then, if they remake it and it's like Fates or FEH...
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
May 07 2018 13:34 GMT
#2931
I think part of it was that FE4 tried a lot of new things. I don't know if a remake with all modern mechanics would serve the game well, as things like asymmetric skills and inventory management seem like defining features of the game to me. I haven't ever got far in it though, so I don't know if these make the game better or worse.

Modern battle previews would be greatly appreciated though, as that's one of the reasons I get so tired when I play the game, though I've been micro-managing way less than I used to ever since Fates.
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
June 12 2018 20:20 GMT
#2932
How much data does Fire Emblem Heroes use?
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
June 12 2018 22:27 GMT
#2933
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyM6QOjye7Y

Yango, talk to me. What are your thoughts?
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 12 2018 22:54 GMT
#2934
What's there to say? Not like you can make anything other than wild speculations off of a trailer like that.
Moderator
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
June 13 2018 02:22 GMT
#2935
My only thoughts are that I like how combat field and battle actually look. Its now more of an army vs army look (although its specifically aesthetics since you still have your main unit for the big sprite).

I hope we get some more details in the future, but with a next year release I don't expect to see much info until later this year.
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
June 13 2018 03:27 GMT
#2936
Wasn't blown away by the voice acting, or the schlocky Kingdom Hearts ripoff song in the background. Then again, I have never liked FE voice acting or singing, so I guess that's not saying much.

It's a neat little twist to make each unit the leader of their own little platoon since a bunch of FE games have people leading these ostensibly huge armies while fielding approximately 10 actual soldiers. Maybe it will translate to some interesting new abilities and gameplay mechanics. But like Yango said, who knows.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
June 13 2018 03:32 GMT
#2937
On June 13 2018 07:54 TheYango wrote:
What's there to say? Not like you can make anything other than wild speculations off of a trailer like that.

I dunno, I thought you caught something I didn't and could make conjecture based on it
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
June 13 2018 09:02 GMT
#2938
I am super hyped for the new fire emblem
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
June 13 2018 09:29 GMT
#2939
On June 13 2018 18:02 sharkie wrote:
I am super hyped for the new fire emblem


+1 for super hyped.
The general look reminds me more of FE9/10 than of the latest DS/3DS games and that's probably why.
We'll see what happens to the hype after the gameplay is revealed xD
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
July 17 2018 03:29 GMT
#2940
So in the ending roll call of FE4, + Show Spoiler +
there's some random dude with a mustache named Sigurd who showed up with the Jungby group (Lester and Faval in this case). I think he has the blacksmith's sprite... Who the eff is he supposed to be!?


Otherwise, excellent game. Way more compelling and tragic than any FE game these days would dare to be + Show Spoiler +
killing off all those characters in the first act? Never to see their labors come to fruition?? I guess Fates could have come close, if it had a good story, interesting characters, more intriguing consequences, better levels, and no cheap cop-out "everyone wins" third route
. I do have some gripes, mostly about the maps + Show Spoiler +
Okay, Seliph, talk to Julia! ... oh, she's possessed. Okay, go aaaaaall the way up here and kill this guy. Great. Now go back to Julia and talk to her... perfect. Now send Julia aaaaaall the way back up there to get that book... Almost there! Now bring her back down to kill the final boss.
. Also, the pacing is a little weird, and I think most of the characters deserve more interactions than they get... but I guess that just goes to show how good the rest of it is, that it leaves you wanting more.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Prev 1 145 146 147 148 149 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Reynor 249
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 146
firebathero 83
ZZZero.O 76
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11115
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3865
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK3
Other Games
summit1g4568
Liquid`RaSZi2217
fl0m1749
FrodaN1313
B2W.Neo723
olofmeister697
Khaldor466
Beastyqt387
Livibee183
crisheroes135
Mew2King64
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur588
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 39m
Replay Cast
3h 39m
OSC
16h 39m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.